Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

Yea exactly. The Brewers have proven they’re a good team and can play well if they put their minds to it.

Yea as a Mets fan I’m very much cheering for the Brewers to take that spot from the Phillies for obvious reasons lmao.
Agreed. I’m hoping we keep Mccutchen beyond this year if he keeps playing too. Great vet and pickup for us imo and he’s still producing for us even if the AVG isn’t the greatest. but also seems like that’s the story for many hitters this year. Low BA’s.

Yeah true lol. Mets/Phillies rooting for the other to get into the playoffs would be weird haha so definitely makes sense.

Agreed. I’m hoping we keep Mccutchen beyond this year if he keeps playing too. Great vet and pickup for us imo and he’s still producing for us even if the AVG isn’t the greatest. but also seems like that’s the story for many hitters this year. Low BA’s.

Yeah true lol. Mets/Phillies rooting for the other to get into the playoffs would be weird haha so definitely makes sense.
That would be nice if the Brewers kept him around.

And yea lol, the Mets/Phillies rivalry haha.

Days arrive and pass that leave me to wonder where we’d be without Tellez. Good Ol’ Rowdy gave us something tonight. Missed the game but saw the score. Nice game by the Mets and poor outing for the Brew Crew. Max kept us with too many O-‘S as a whole. Others too I’m sure as I know Lugo pitched.

Simply the wrong side of a 7-2 and at home to boot. Damn…

Days arrive and pass that leave me to wonder where we’d be without Tellez. Good Ol’ Rowdy gave us something tonight. Missed the game but saw the score. Nice game by the Mets and poor outing for the Brew Crew. Max kept us with too many O-‘S as a whole. Others too I’m sure as I know Lugo pitched.

Simply the wrong side of a 7-2 and at home to boot. Damn…
Didn’t watch it but I saw a Pete Alonso and Tellez.

Mets secure a trip to the post season in the win!

Good game by the Mets, sorry about your team tho. Brewers ended up losing in the end.

Didn’t watch it but I saw a Pete Alonso and Tellez.

Mets secure a trip to the post season in the win!

Good game by the Mets, sorry about your team tho. Brewers ended up losing in the end.
Yeah congrats on the W and playoff security

Yeah, didn’t look close with the box score stats and overall score I saw. Burnes didn’t have it tonight and got burned. But nice W for the Mets.

Yeah congrats on the W and playoff security

Yeah, didn’t look close with the box score stats and overall score I saw. Burnes didn’t have it tonight and got burned. But nice W for the Mets.
Really hyped about securing the playoffs! Big night for the Mets.

Also Scherzer gets his 200th career win.

Oh yeah definitely a good reason to be there.

I love seeing Boston at the bottom of the AL East haha. Good for Baltimore too, surprising many with a pretty nice season and above expectations.

Oh yeah definitely a good reason to be there.

I love seeing Boston at the bottom of the AL East haha. Good for Baltimore too, surprising many with a pretty nice season and above expectations.
Good times to be a Mets fan.

LOL yea Boston sucks. Fun to see them so bad and at the bottom.

Baltimore has been quite impressive this season with the push they’ve made lol.

Good times to be a Mets fan.

LOL yea Boston sucks. Fun to see them so bad and at the bottom.

Baltimore has been quite impressive this season with the push they’ve made lol.
Yeah lol agreed. I love to see it.

Definitely! That young squad is playing really well and making a really nice push. I was thinking they’d stop and hit hard after that initial run that made waves earlier in the season around the 80+ games mark, I believe. (?) But they’ve been impressive and finishing out strong overall. I love it and it keeps Boston in last so even better to see for me. But great to see the Orioles playing well and above .500 so far and out of the cellar.

Yeah lol agreed. I love to see it.

Definitely! That young squad is playing really well and making a really nice push. I was thinking they’d stop and hit hard after that initial run that made waves earlier in the season around the 80+ games mark, I believe. (?) But they’ve been impressive and finishing out strong overall. I love it and it keeps Boston in last so even better to see for me. But great to see the Orioles playing well and above .500 so far and out of the cellar.
Yea it’s crazy impressive the push they’ve made. Totally agree with you on that there.

Yeah agreed.

I’m going to assume barring any miracles that the Diamondbacks will unfortunately fall out of the playoffs. (Not unexpected but yeah, always liked Arizona and it’s been awhile since they’ve gone on a run) But they will be out vis elimination soon. San Fran Giants will soon follow. Boston next. Then Minnesota. I’m fairly sure the problematic White Sox will follow, they can’t seem to stay out of their own way under Larussa with embarrassing moments and errors during games.

Leaving Phillies, Brewers and Padres as the remaining NL wild card contenders.

While AL is left with Blue Jays, Mariners & Rays. (Doubtful Orioles make that kind of push but who knows. I’d figure they will fall out around the same time as Chicago though at a guess)

Playoffs will be interesting once the final picture is set.

Yeah agreed.

I’m going to assume barring any miracles that the Diamondbacks will unfortunately fall out of the playoffs. (Not unexpected but yeah, always liked Arizona and it’s been awhile since they’ve gone on a run) But they will be out vis elimination soon. San Fran Giants will soon follow. Boston next. Then Minnesota. I’m fairly sure the problematic White Sox will follow, they can’t seem to stay out of their own way under Larussa with embarrassing moments and errors during games.

Leaving Phillies, Brewers and Padres as the remaining NL wild card contenders.

While AL is left with Blue Jays, Mariners & Rays. (Doubtful Orioles make that kind of push but who knows. I’d figure they will fall out around the same time as Chicago though at a guess)

Playoffs will be interesting once the final picture is set.
Yea I don’t see the D Backs making it tbh.

Giants might be on their way out, Boston soon for sure as well as Minny. They’ve not being playing well at all recently.

Yea I don’t see the D Backs making it tbh.

Giants might be on their way out, Boston soon for sure as well as Minny. They’ve not being playing well at all recently.
Blue Jays & Mariners

Padres & Brewers

I’d rather see those combos personally. But the 3 in the AL is pretty close with the glances I’ve spared at it here and there lately.

But agreed on the rest.

Blue Jays & Mariners

Padres & Brewers

I’d rather see those combos personally. But the 3 in the AL is pretty close with the glances I’ve spared at it here and there lately.

But agreed on the rest.
Yea those are solid picks. I agree with both sets of teams.

But yes the AL is a tight race holy moly.

Yea those are solid picks. I agree with both sets of teams.

But yes the AL is a tight race holy moly.
It definitely is tight this year. Tough to say who wins out with the game scores I’ve seen lately. I don’t think I’ll hazard a guess for predictions once the playoffs are set team wise. Though I’m rooting for a first round elimination of Houston for sure and would predict it simply out of prejudice against them lol. Dodgers having a similar massive fail would be awesome too as a non Dodgers fan.

It definitely is tight this year. Tough to say who wins out with the game scores I’ve seen lately. I don’t think I’ll hazard a guess for predictions once the playoffs are set team wise. Though I’m rooting for a first round elimination of Houston for sure and would predict it simply out of prejudice against them lol. Dodgers having a similar massive fail would be awesome too as a non Dodgers fan.
Agreed! I hope those Trashtros lose! 🗑 🗑 🗑

Agreed! I hope those Trashtros lose! 🗑 🗑 🗑
Agreed! I was hoping they’d fall off more then they had coming into this season. Thought the Angels would have been way better as well. Atleast closer to playoff contention anyways maybe if a little lucky knock out these Trashtros. But ah well, maybe next year. Meanwhile first round losers will do just fine.

Agreed! I was hoping they’d fall off more then they had coming into this season. Thought the Angels would have been way better as well. Atleast closer to playoff contention anyways maybe if a little lucky knock out these Trashtros. But ah well, maybe next year. Meanwhile first round losers will do just fine.
Yea it sucks they won their division.

Yea it sucks they won their division.
Agreed.

Holy crap! Big Z and Keith Yandle retired! AND PK Subban!
Oh yeah! I saw that earlier this morning. Chara didn’t surprise me tbh, I’d been more shocked if he tried another run. Yandle was interesting, i don’t Think I was surprised but still kinda was shocked to see his name. Subban though…. Damn that was kinda shocking to see. He’s not prime PK, but still seemed more then capable of playing NHL level hockey and garnering plenty of interest. Also his age I believe is still in the early to kid thirties. So it kinda shocked me. Guess he got more of a taste on the analyst side of hockey and espn and decided to step away (?) idk but still wow. I gotta feeling now that 45 dollar new condition authentic Preds jersey of his I found will be going up in price now haha.

Yea huge news. Subban retiring is quite surprising to me, but Yandle and Chara make sense.

What’s cool is Chara is gonna sign a one day contract with the Bruins to play one game and then officially retire as a Bruin.

Also that’s a snag! $45? Nice! Real cool jersey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back