Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Outstanding Stories with Average Characters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decent Characters and Stories

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bobisdead123 said:
Idk
I guess my opinion is different because u view rps the same way I veiw stories and subsequently RP as if I was writing a story

Where characters can make less interesting plots better

but even that's up for debate
I also view RP as writing a story, and I do agree, characters can make less interesting plots better, but I have always felt it´s best to start with worldbuilding because of the flow. Things can feel more connected if they have a proper set-up, and a proper base, rather than existing in some void. You can tell the difference when roleplaying in more amateur RPs than the ones usually found on this site, RPs where all you have is the characters and the plot, but the world around doesn`t quite...exist, apart from base locations (AKA a park, a café, etc...) which become bland babble very quickly. On the other hand, with a world set up there`s is almost always something interesting and new to try out, some interaction, not to mention the characters themselves should be coming from the world they live on, no?

Just how I feel about it, again.

Idea said:
I also view RP as writing a story, and I do agree, characters can make less interesting plots better, but I have always felt it´s best to start with worldbuilding because of the flow. Things can feel more connected if they have a proper set-up, and a proper base, rather than existing in some void. You can tell the difference when roleplaying in more amateur RPs than the ones usually found on this site, RPs where all you have is the characters and the plot, but the world around doesn`t quite...exist, apart from base locations (AKA a park, a café, etc...) which become bland babble very quickly. On the other hand, with a world set up there`s is almost always something interesting and new to try out, some interaction, not to mention the characters themselves should be coming from the world they live on, no?
Just how I feel about it, again.
Well...

come to think of it, I built my race (would be referred to as the theoretical world) first, then my characters and the world grew around them

I dunno, you HAVE to have both be equal

Bobisdead123 said:
Well...
come to think of it, I built my race (would be referred to as the theoretical world) first, then my characters and the world grew around them

I dunno, you HAVE to have both be equal
I consider building the race as worldbuidling. Not sure if that was what you were referring to, but just pointing that out.

Idea said:
I consider building the race as worldbuidling. Not sure if that was what you were referring to, but just pointing that out.
that's what I meant, building a race is world building

Users who are viewing this thread

Back