• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chapter Four: Enlightenment and the Daughters of Summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Bria clasps her hands in delight. "Oh, my! Thank you-thank you, Wolf! I didn't think..." Then she turns to Luna and Otiorin and in a softer tone, she says, "You too. I'll try to be worthy of this." She carefully dons the amulet. Then with three brushing movements of her hands, she alters her glamered armor into evergreen-colored, Ko monk battle robes. With that, she very much now looks the part of the forest-friend.

"Um, with this amulet, I won't be needing my fluffy cloak anymore." She unclasps her enchanted cloak and places it among the items in the bundle. "Luna? You seem to get into trouble a lot. Would you like it? It's really comfy, especially in the cold!"

Then she turns to the warrior in your group. "I'll go with you, Powerpaw. We'll loot together," she walks over to his side. As they begin their short trek through the woods, she giggles as she shows him the amulet. "Isn't it pretty? And given with Wolf's blessing, too! If he says I'm a forest-friend, then it must be true!"

"Bria," Powerpaw purrs, "you iz everybody's friend."

As for Wolf, except for the spots where the trees were burned, the canopy is too thick to see the sky most of the time. However, this is not the first time Pecker has not immediately returned to Wolf's call. In Wolf's experience, there is only one of two reasons - either he was driven off by the great plumes of smoke or he cannot return (highly unlikely, given the circumstances) or he is off investigating something of worth to the ranger (and no, not just good fishing holes for Pecker). When he returns from latter-most findings, he usually returns as quickly as possible and circles around the last place he knew Wolf to be. Pecker should return to where Wolf is soon.

Vardadraug sniffs at what was once the Wayfarer's long sword. All creatures nearby him hear his noble voice in their minds. A pity this was not brought into the fray. Bloodland Minotaurs are of giant blood and this blade and its like add much to their woes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kitrin dashes through the woods, following the sounds of the hobbit-tune horn call. Not by any stretch forest-trained, she makes enough noise that she completely fails to hear the sounds of a horse and rider headed right for her from the campsite below. Fortunately, the rider is a good deal more aware (not to mention expecting to see someone, sooner or later) and the horse is pulled up short right as he comes face to face (well, face to knee) with the little fighter. Completely surprised, Kitrin springs backwards, fumbling for her flail.

"Easy, friend!" the rider calls in a soft baritone. "Your companions below told me of your group - I've come thinking to be of aid."

"Oh! Don't sneak up on a person then. I might've run you over! Or, well, got run over." Kitrin frowns up at the large warhorse. "Say, nice horsie you've got there! But I don't think you'll need it up top, the baddies are gone for now an' no one else has a mount." She sighs, thinking of the party's poor mounts and their probable fate in the gnoll fight.

The rider dismounts with the ease of long practice and drops to one knee, the better to speak face to face with the hobbit. "Oh, Star wouldn't hurt you. You'd be Kitrin, aye? Bren Sarabina, at your service. Would you be answering yon horn-call?"

Kitrin beams. "Yep! Hobbit-come-home, that is! Wouldn't be an emergency, but I'm wanted, sure's sure. Say, whyn't you go on up and inter-duce yerself to the others? There's some girls as need rescuing, an' I'm betting they'll be leaving soon. If you're here to help - ooo!" Her little eyes suddenly grow large as memory thwaps her upside the head. "Bren Sarabina? As in Brendoran Killaneson Sarabina? My grandmother sings songs about you an' your party!" She starts humming.

Bren laughs rather self-consciously. "From Highwind, are you? I should warn you, anything you've heard won't be accurate as to my...current abilities." He glances up the hill, then down. "Well, if I'm to be in a hurry, and yet won't need Star, why don't you take him back to camp while I meet up with your friends? The good Stewart can probably remove the saddle for you, and he'll be well enough with the bridle until we return. Star, that is, not Stewart!" He pats his horse's shoulder affectionately.

Kitrin giggles at the image of poor Stewart in a bridle. "Oo, I hope I won't fall off! I've never been on a mount so big."

Bren smiles. "Star will carry you safe, never fear. Now then..." He stands and turns to the horse, taking Kitrin by the hand. "Star, this is Kitrin, a friend. Take her back to the camp safely, will you?" He holds up the hobbit's hand to the horse, who bends down to sniff curiously and seems almost to shrug. "That's that, then. Now, up you go!" He lifts Kitrin up and sits her sideways in the saddle (it not being designed for someone so small), then hands her the reins. "Hang on to the pommel, that's what it's there for. Off with you!"

There is the fading sound of gleeful hobbit laughter as the horse trots back to the wagon.

Bren continues up the hill, following the backtrail of the hobbit lass. Knowing his armor's enchantment will greatly reduce the odds of the party's hearing him approach, he calls out when he starts to hear voices ahead. "Hullo, the hill! Friend incoming!" Carefully keeping hands from weapons, he emerges from the woods into the party's view: a tall, sturdy human with friendly blue eyes, long brown hair in a braid down his back, wearing darkened chainmail that doesn't jingle nearly as loudly as it should, battleaxe at his side, bow over his shoulder, and shield hung on his backpack.

Luna looks up at the sound of the voice. She rises, brushing some dust from the front of her dress as she does so. With an appraising eye, she looks over the human as he approaches. When he is a short distance away, her natural caution takes over. "Hold there, friend, and let us take a look at you. Who are you, good sir, and what brings you to this part of the woods?"

Cantrips: Read Magic, Ray of Frost, Mage Hand, Detect Magic

Level 1: Burning Hands x2, Shocking Grasp

Level 2:

Level 3: Fireball

Force Missile x8

Mage Armor active

• About this time, there is a familiar cry in the sky as Pecker sounds off looking for Wolf. The two find each other and Pecker carefully makes his way down and through the trees until he is firmly on Wolf's falconry gauntlet. He seems to be more excited than usual, as he loves to be the bearer of information. Once settled, he tells Wolf all about it. "Wheels, wheels! And people! They join our holt! Seem friendly! Hope so!" And then the bird spots Bren and narrows his eyes. "Who is he? Did he bring fish?"

Wolf sez,

When Vardadraug approached the ranger drew closer to the little wolf and stroke along his fur. "Mine as well, but about you." he said to him.
    And I, you, Vardadraug sends privately. Yours is a rare breed of soul.

Sparkle stretches her wings and tail (the latter, very carefully). For a human, that is a big fellow. For him to come alone to us when we have the likes of Skaagenrackner among us... Curiosity drives me, Pyri. Just who is this fellow?

Bren smiles and gives the lady mage a formal nod, almost a bow. "Of course. Brendoran Killaneson Sarabina of Summerset, at your service. I'd been traveling this direction anyway, and saw the signs of your battle and thought to offer aid." He gestures around the hilltop, then pauses as doing so brings the rest of the group into his field of vision. "Ah! I see I do have friends among you. Bria, it's good to see you again!" He moves slightly, as if he wants to move closer, but remembers the lady mage had asked him to hold and remains in place.

Luna gives Brendoran a raised eyebrow. "Ah? Bira? You know this man? Can you vouch for him? In any case, I thank you for your offer of aid, but as you can see, the fighting is over. Oh, where are my manners? I am Luna Kaftan, and we call ourselves the Wayward Wanderers. This is Wolf, Otiorin, Powerpaw, and you seem to know Bria already. There are others of our group down at our wagons."

• Bria stops cold and suddenly twirls when she hears Bren's voice, her brown hair flashing about. She answers Luna, "Vouch for Bren? Are you kidding?! BREN!" The loving Ko monk runs up to the big fellow and gives him the biggest, friendliest hug she can. "It's so good to see you again! How have you been we rescued Oscar? Powerpaw! Bren's here!" And yes, Bria is bouncing in joy. Powerpaw pauses, turns, and watches silently, his armored frame mostly shrouded by the cover of the forest.

Before Bria continues on, she turns to Luna with big eyes, a bigger smile, and a finger repeatedly and excitedly pointing at Bren. Her face is like a little girl finding a lost puppy. Her expressions says, "Can we keep him?! Tell me we can keep him!" Sparkle sees this and turns to Luna to see her reaction.

And Bria is not the only one to recognize him...

Vardradraug has the biggest puppy-smile you have seen him have yet. You don't think his tail is going to stop wagging. What he sends, all can hear in their minds if they so desire. Lord and Constable Brendoran Sarabina! Mielikki's mend and Forest-friend! Dwarf-catcher and orc-slasher! Horses' fire and Erythnul's ire! The hour in which you arrive is most fortuitous! He turns about and looks up, up, and up. Then he barks happily. Old Stone! Bring your old eyes down here and tell me who you see! Then he looks to Wolf, his tongue lolling. This human, both warrior and ranger, has earned both my trust and my friendship. You should meet.

Skaagenrackner peers down through the trees and their branches, making a gentle opening to see the commotion below. At first, he is suspicious, but then his old eyes tell him who it is that stands before you. "What? Is that the leader of the Light in the Dark? Did Mielikki send you to us? If she did, she sent no word to me - one of her oldest servants! Where is the weapon you once wielded? You know - the one with the forceful, wordless spirit in it? And where is your half-elven wife? No doubt sunning herself?"

Luna's suspicion ebbs away as she sees Bria throw herself into the arms of the new arrival. It would appear that there is no need to worry about this one. She steps forward closer and offers her hand to Bren. "Please pardon my caution earlier, but one cannot be to careful when dealing with armed strangers that suddenly appear. I am glad to see that Bria and Powerpaw both know you well enough to welcome you like this. Any friend of theirs can be a friend of mine." She gives him a pleasant smile, and after shaking his hand, Luna steps back to stand next to Wolf once more.

Otiorin pocketed his pouch and turned to see the newcomer arrive. Another human adventurer, though he couldn't say he knew the man, despite all the commotion from Bria, Vardadraug or Skaagenrackner. He really needed to find out more about humans beyond what they enjoyed eating, drinking and doing between sunset and sunrise. Nonetheless, he bowed to the warrior politely and watched the others' interactions with him, hoping to find something out about him.

It was only when Pecker had touched down safely on his owner's arm that Wolf felt truly at ease. He petted the bird gently while explaining the reasons behind the current shortage of fish and promising a remedy soon.

The ranger was initially suspicious of the new arrival much like Luna, though he did not voice his opinion. Bria's reaction and Vardadraug's stand both served to up his disposition of course. When Luna introduced him he nodded respectfully. He was about to step forward and speak for himself but then the girl returned to his side and this simple movement drew a beaming smile on his face even before he could stop to think about it. Pulling himself together he said to Brendoran: "I've heard of House Sarabina on many occasions, but this is the first time I have the honor of meeting a member in person. You are a long way from home."

To Luna he says, briefly and just loud enough for her to hear: "Pecker tells me of more arrivals at the wagon."

Bren grins and pats Bria's back when she hugs him. He looks to see who this "Powerpaw" is that she's talking to, and his eyes widen in surprise as he takes in the sight of a Kitty-Face for the first time. His mouth opens, but there's no telling (indeed, even he doesn't know) what he would say, before Vardadraug speaks openly to all of them. The big human's mouth actually drops as he catches sight of the wolf pup. "What...Vardadraug? Is that truly you? How did you get so...cute?" Another voice calls his attention skyward, to a sight that oddly seems to restore his equilibrium. "Forest-Mother's kindness! It's good to see you again, Lord of Elementals. Truly a fortuitous meeting, when I'd expected only strangers here! Indeed, I left my lady seeing to Pelor's business back in Summerset."

At Luna's stepping forward, Bren immediately looks back to her and nods, bowing over her hand instead of simply shaking it. "Tis always best to be cautious when meeting strangers. I, too, am happy to meet any friend of Bria's." He smiles as Luna rejoins Wolf, and nods a greeting to the other ranger. "Not so far as I have been at other times, but far enough it's good to have so pleasant a welcome."

Otiorin's bow catches his eye, and he bows politely in return. "I'm glad to meet you all, but I understand from Kitrin, whom I met on my way up, that there's a rescue operation in motion?"

Vardadraug replies with a happy face. Cute, indeed, but the tale must wait for another time. He licks Leonard Wolf across his cheek. This fine forest-friend is not aware of my incarnations as you are. Suffice to say that I hope to have a new incarnation soon, but first, the damsels in distress are real, as is their distress. He looks up above the trees. And Skaagenrackner has located them.

Skaagenrackner raises his rocky hand to his brow and slowly peers across the landscape. "I have a good idea where they are. Exalted Wolf, you know the area, but if I have the right of it, time is yet on your side. It is best that you go and not I, for even if I made it in time, I have a strong feeling that my presence will complicate things instead of solve them, and it is always best to follow your deepest feelings."

Out of the woods comes the furriest of all Wanderers. He half-walks, half-prowls up to Bren. "I callz 'em instincts. An' mine sez you iz all right. I just hope you knows good team tactics. Da last guys we tangled wif had it together."

Bria smiles up at Powerpaw. "He knows them all right, fuzzy goof. Without Bren's help, we wouldn't have rescued Oscar on his own quest. I trusted him before with my life and those feelings haven't changed."

Powerpaw shrugs and grins, licking his long fangs. "Dats good enuff fer me. Looks like da rest of us are willin' ta say da same." He crouches down on all fours. "Now howzabout we loot dem corpses, divvy da loot, an' see what's what at da Adventurers' Wagon?"

"Maybe you want my fuzzy cloak? Or could someone else use it instead?" Bria takes Powerpaw by the claw and heads off into the forest with him. "In the meantime, anyone else want to help us loot?"

"We were about to gather up what we can and get back to the wagons when Bren showed up. Lets get to it, then we can be on our way and rescue these missing girls we are hearing about."

Pecker seems to brighten up at the promise of fish, but Vardadraug looks curiously back in the direction whence Bren came.

Powerpaw and Bria come back from looting the two minotaur corpses. They are grinning to each other. This may be because Bria is carrying the large-sized composite long bow dropped by the minotaur archer - and the darned thing is much bigger than she is. She is doing her best not to fall over, yet her laughter fills the forest as she stumbles your way.

"I can do it! I'll get the hang of carrying this, just you see!"

The fuzzy warrior is carrying several other large-sized items - rewards from a hard-fought victory. These include the large spiked metal shield worn by the leader and something that clinks like metal-touching-metal. Powerpaw carries this carefully inside the chest-piece of the black hide armor their leader wore. Between bloody bites of something, Powerpaw says, "Good stuff, dis Bloodland hide armor. Iz protectives, yet it hardly slowz dem down. Mebbe we kin sells it?"

Bria sets the huge long bow down with an "Oomph!" and gives Luna a wave. "Hey, Luna! I cast Detect Magic and turns out, they had quite a bit, almost all minotaur-sized. We have two sets of large-sized hide armor, this really spiky shield, the bow, and this onyx ring which the leader wore."

Powerpaw pats the item in the armor. "Carefuls. Dis ting burned my paw when I touched its. It's dat flail wif da metal dwarfie-heads. It don't like Bria or me. We also founds a little wooden chests in da leader's backpack along wif an iron key stashed in his belt." Powerpaw points to his Bag of Holding. "Da chest jingled lots. I tink its filled wif coins."

Bria turns to Skaagenrackner. "Hello mister rock lord sir! Up there! Yes, you sir! Would you care to join us? Looks like we're headed down to the wagons."

Skaagenrackner looms over Bria in a mountain-like fashion of his kind and calmly replies, "A kind and fair offer, but I will remain here, rooted in the forest. I will bellow out if I learn anything new." Then he adds to all of you, "It has been quite an experience to wake to such violence, despite Vardadraug's good intentions. That you have harmed the forest is simply a mistake of civilized living, but wishing to aid the forest in return? Well, that is noble of you. May the Forest Mother's wisdom guide and keep your little party hale and happy." With that he waves and looks off into the distance, one ear cocked your way in case you wish his attention again.

With that, the Wanderers find their way down and back along the very forest they had so hurriedly raced through. This time, they are together both in fellowship and in spirit. As they near the wagons, all seems well. Both the gigantic Adventurers' Wagon with its slightly fire-scarred appearance and the prison wagon are in good shape. Along beside them is a new team of wagons - three in all - apparently human-make and of beautiful quality, pulled by horses who look as if they are enjoying the rest. There are about half a dozen people tending the horses and the wagons. Most of them are armed with sword, bow, or staff. Two of them are chatting with Stewart and the Meadowsweets and there are smiles and good energy between them.

Whittle whoops with joy at the sight of your return. She excuses herself from the conversation and comes running over to you excitedly. "Forest's fortune, loves! I'm so glad you all made it out in one piece! I was worried sick about you with all that gloomy smoke. Now, Kitrin's inside with Bronze having second lunch - that is what the horn was all about - and look there! We've chosen the same resting spot as Travis's Trainers! All the way from the shores of Glimmerdawn and that majestic eastern sea all those boats sail out of. They can train nearly anybody, they say! Have ye got the cravin' for learnin' more, loves?"

Before heading back down to the wagons, Luna looks over the gear that was recovered from the minotaurs. "Powerpaw, you are the only one large enough to properly use any of this, so if there is something that catches your eye, feel free to lay claim. If not, we will carry it back and try to find a place to sell this to someone that can find a use for it. Is the onyx ring magical, or is it just decorative? Either way, let us be off to our wagons."

With the wagons now in sight, Luna waves to Stewart and the Meadowsweets to let them know that everything is fine. "Whittle! No worries here. Everything is just fine now. We ran into some trouble up on the hill, but it was taken care of. Now, tell me more about these Trainers. I have never heard of them before, but I am always looking to expand my knowledge. Perhaps they can take some of the minotaur gear in trade for their services?"

Otiorin smiled gamely at the suggestion of 'second breakfast', a stack of pancakes liberally drenched in butter and syrup conjured itself into his mind. He could get to love these hobbits. He set down the burdens he'd brought back with him from amongst the minotaurs' stash and listened intently to the discussion about these 'trainers'. People whose chosen profession is to teach. Sounds like the Elven Sages. He approached them carefully, looking over the wagons and the people who called them their home.

"A laudable profession. But what do you Sages, I mean, trainers require in exchange for your services?"

Wolf regards the trainers with interest and nods to Stewart and the hobbits upon arrival. For the moment he waits to see how they respond to Otiorin's offer for he is open to the prospect.

A handsome and aging blonde human man wearing fine leather armor steps to the fore. His tanned skin and swarthy features mark him from the eastern port city of Glimmerdawn. His fellows seem equally-tanned, though not all are from that sunny, fabled realm. He strokes his beard and there is great confidence in his reply. "'What do we require?'" he chuckles, "What does any man require to put food on the table? Gold, services, or things that can be traded for it. To be more specific, our lovely wagons are in need of some maintenance and repair. We also have a humble store of items where we can sell or trade. But who are we?"

"I am Travis and this is my retired adventuring team. We are Travis's Trainers."

With a flamboyant sweep of his hand, he indicates his fellows - a muscled gnomish man wearing glittering plate armor, an old long-bearded human man dressed in faded silk robes who squints at you from behind round spectacles, a weathered-looking cloaked elven man wearing an antiquated suit of chain mail and fingering a quill and book, and finally a solidly-muscled dwarfish man with a huge red beard wearing breastplate armor and hauberk studies you grimly while leaning on his notched great axe.

All of Travis's Trainers take a moment to examine your team and they do this expert eyes, however aged they may be. Their expressions are silent, but speak trilogies to one another as they look from Wanderer to Wanderer, but lo, do their eyes widen when they get a good look at Otiorin and Powerpaw!

Then one by one, they look to each other in the familiarity only teams of great experience enjoy. The gnome nods. The dwarf gives a brief thumbs-up. The elf shrugs and the thin old human keeps squinting. Travis snaps his fingers and they relax except for the old human fellow in his silk robes. He seems to be pondering.

Travis's smile is that of a salesman, but his eyes are as serious as any veteran's. "Our claim to fame is simple - we can train nearly anyone. Your team will cost 700 pieces of gold per person - except for you, sir," he solemnly aims a finger at Otiorin, "to whom we will charge 350." With that, Travis grins and swaggers a bit and grins, looking appreciatively over Luna and Bria, for Travis may be a man of many years, but he is still a man. Then he closes his eyes and smiles, perhaps remembering his younger days. Then he gets back to business. His eyes becomes stern and his no-nonsense tone carries heavy authority.

"Besides payment, we have but two rules. They are absolute. The first? No backtalk. This is not a democracy; this is a benevolent dictatorship between teacher and student. You can like or us or not, but if you disrespect us, we end our relationship. Period."

"Secondly, you will provide kind of proof that you are not enemies of Highwind." Travis pauses to let that sink in, then he continues. "Adventuring deeds, trophies, past adventuring parties, your names of which we keep record," he points a thumb at his wood elven comrade who watches you like a hawk, "anything of that degree. You don't have to love Highwind, but say it now if you wish her harm and we will go our separate ways. If you agree, state your names, your team name, provide payment up front, and we will begin."

"Oh," he chuckles as if a memory had just struck him, "and be ready to be challenged. We come from the old schools who state: The more you sweat on the training ground, the less you bleed on the battlefield."

About that time, Stewart steps forward to you. He seems to be in a good mood and his large eyes look over your condition with a caring glance.

"As is often the case in winning a battle, the winners return with spoils. I possess a ring that once belonged to, ahem, my former employer. It has come in very handy in identifying goods. While its charges are limited, I am willing to make use of it in your favor?"

Stewart turns to Travis and politely says, "If you would excuse us for a short time?"

"By all means." Travis returns to his party and they converse in an animated fashion. More than once do you hear the words "half-elf" and "furry ferocious monster" come up; they are spoken in wonder.

Stewart then heads inside the Adventurers' Wagon. There, while Bonny and Whittle serve up some truly delicious and hobbit-approved snacks, Stewart retrieves a garnet and gold ring. With this, he peruses all of the items currently looted by the Wanderers (enjoy!).

Powerpaw gives a feral grin to Luna. "Moar? An' first picks of da big stuff? Tanks!"

Powerpaw selects the following (unless someone else speaks up?):

Large-sized composite long bow +1
(adds up to +2 Strength damage to successful hits). Note: No arrows (they are on the minotaur archer who survived to carry them, and his wounded self, off).

Large-sized large spike metal shield +2 (one very scary-looking shield).

Medium-sized Long sword +2, +4 vs. giants. An aged, slightly-curved, long sword of human design, +2, +4 vs. giants and their ilk, sheathed in fine brown leather scabbard. The handle ends in the design of an elk's hoof, quite well-suited for pommel strikes.

Your current undivided loot includes the following...

Bria's furry Cloak of Resistance +1
(provides +1 resistance bonus to all saving throws).

Divine scroll in a white bone scroll case with the following spells: Prayer (x2), Speak with Animals (each Prayer spell will sell for 375 gold pieces).

Two potions of Bull's Strength in glass vials stoppered with red corks (adds +4 bonus to Strength for 10 minutes).

...including this from the Bloodland Minotaurs:

Large-sized (dwarf-headed) flail +2
(evil-aligned. This is the leader's weapon that burned Powerpaw's paw when he tried to loot it). Will sell for 9,000 gold pieces.

2 sets of large-sized Hide armor +2 of movement (no armor check penalty). Each sells for 3,625 gold pieces.

Ring of Deflection +2 (adds +2 deflection bonus to armor class. This improves AC against touch attacks. This is the onyx ring that helped the lead minotaur survive against Luna's Scorching Ray spells).

3,500 gold pieces in a sturdy locked chest. A heavily-scratched iron key found on the leader is provided.

Bria seems pleased with the loot, with the exception of the dwarf-headed flail which she avoids. "How should we divide this up?"

Stewart adds, "Travis's Trainers have a small shop containing some basic items, plus they can purchase anything you do not care for. However, I do believe they could use some help in the crafting department, seeing as their wagons are in need of some care. Bronze? What do you say, lad?"

Bren glances curiously at the party's loot, but doesn't speak up to claim any - he has, after all, just joined up, and wasn't even present for the fight in which the loot was earned. He listens with interest to Travis' spiel, smiling at the "benevolent dictatorship" remark. He looks rather surprised at the stipulation that the party must not be enemies of Highwind - a surprise explained by the question he immediately asks. "Highwind, is it? Not Summerset? Forgive me, but you are surely from the coast, and your fellows have at least spent a good deal of time there recently."

Travis grins, apparently expecting questions. "Let us just say a half-elf who calls Highwind home did us all a big favor and this is our little way of showing gratitude. Deep gratitude. Otherwise we would all be in deep... Well, you have a brain; I will let you use it."

Bren raises his eyebrows, but his eyes twinkle with merriment as he replies, "A half-elf, eh? Short list of those around here - well, anywhere, really. I should like to hear the story later, if you don't mind and if we all have time. Excuse me." He nods in a casual bow of farewell and follows the Wayfarers into their wagon.

He smiles to the hobbits, but speaks to the party in particular. "Since we seem to have a few minutes, I have a request to make of you. I know that we have just met, but you seem good people, and those I know amongst you -" he nods to Bria and Vardadraug, though with a look of wonder towards the latter "- are a sign that you are trustworthy. And I believe they may say the same of me. Shall we join forces? I've been looking to find a party to join up with, my own having disbanded some months back. I am both fighter and ranger, now of your own skill level, I believe (Travis and his Trainers notwithstanding). I have adventured much, largely in the Highwind area but also...elsewhere, on occasion, and have some experience with group tactics as well, as Bria mentioned earlier. Ah...I should mention that I was the leader of my former party, since that will likely come up at some point, but I don't at all expect the same here, we having just met each other."

Travis replies to Bren. "Depending on who you turn to be, maybe we will share stories over an ale or three."

Luna looks over at Bren. "The Wanderers are always looking for a few good adventurers; it all depends on what you can bring to the table. What can you do in a fight? Are you a straight fighter, or do you have other skills, such as a talent for spellcraft? If we are to have you join up with us, I would like to know how you fight, so we don't make mistakes and end up getting an ally hurt."

Looming over the spoils to glean his own judgement, Wolf says: "We should take what we need and sell the rest. Compensate these... trainers for a couple hours practice and we'll all be better off for it." He returns a cautious glance. "We've not much time if we want to engage in that rescue operation."

Taking in what's on the pile he adds: "I suppose it would be best to turn everything into coin and then split it evenly. Agree?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back