• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chapter Eight: Reflections and The Highest Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luna puts up only a token amount of resistance before allowing herself to be swept off of her feet. With her eyes closed, she simply surrenders to the sensations rushing over her.

Leonard Wolf - The Ranger

Shape: Human

Spell 1: Delay Poison

Spell 2: Entangle

Spell 3: /

Favored Terrain: Yes (Luna)

Meat or Fish: Luna

Preferred Dice: Black or Red

Obviously content with Luna's total surrender, Wolf pulled the girl away towards the bed, discarding any trinkets either of them might still have carried on the way and dropping them on the floor. He didn't simply drop Luna on the bed, however, but instead lowered her down without letting go of her. She ended up on her back against the soft surface and with Wolf's figure on top of her. He shifted part of his weight against her; just enough to rob her of moving anything but her arms. His head hovered above hers. His eyes matched hers. And a wide, permanent smile nested on his face.

"Here we are." he said, not breaking eye contact.

"Yes, here we are." Luna wraps her arms around Wolf's broad back and squeezes as tight as her small figure can manage. "Now what do you plan on doing about this? If you were in need of any ideas, I can offer up a suggestion or two."

The ranger's smile of content becomes a smile of intrigue. "Not that I'm lost or anything, but the way you said that makes me wonder just what's on your beautiful mind."

Luna looks up at him and smiles. "We can start with kissing then move on to the fun stuff that I've read about, unless you have another plan."

Wolf's eyebrows went up in mild surprise. "Stuff that you've... read about? Oh, so... You weren't joking, then? You're..." He paused awkwardly, letting the thought hang in the air for a long time. Too long, probably. He hadn't really thought about it until that moment, and now he wasn't sure how to respond. "Innocent?"

As opposed to what? his inner voice asked him. Guilty? Way to put it.

Shut up, he told himself, glad that Luna couldn't hear his thoughts.

Blushing bright red, the fire mage finally nods. "I understand how, but I've never....You know. That. I guess that I have just been waiting for the right person, and that person is you. Now, shut up and kiss me some more."

"I just... Wow. I mean, I just assumed... You are in your late twenties and..."

What the hell are you doing? Shut. Up.

Right.

Deciding not to give Luna the chance to tell him something that would make him uncomfortable in turn, Wolf quickly brought his lips down onto hers. He kissed her passionately at first, then more gently as seconds passed. Eventually he raised his head to smile at her while tracing the outlines of her cheekbone with his right hand. "All things considered, you are a surprisingly good kisser." he told her. "Not that I've had a ton of experience myself."

He kissed her once again, quickly and lightly, before backing out again to behold her.

"I have a very good teacher." She kisses him again, feeling the level of passion rising inside of her. Pushing Wolf over onto his side, Luna sits up and looks at him. Slowly, almost as if she were uncertain as to what she was doing, she reaches out to the ties on his tunic and undoes them before pulling his shirt off over his head. Luna looks at the muscular form in front of her with open appreciation, her hands lightly rubbing across Wolf's chest. She lets out a wordless sigh which comes out almost as a pant before leaning back. With shaking hands, Luna reaches up and begins to unbutton her own gown before letting it slip from her shoulders and pool on the floor at her feet. Standing there in her underclothes, she feels her embarrassment rising, and she raises up her arms to try and cover her slim form.

Favored Terrain: No

Meat or Fish: Meat

"Hey..." Wolf interrupted her. "What are you trying to hide? I like what I see." He smiled to reassure her, running his fingers across her shoulders and then down her arms until he lightly held her by the elbows. "Don't feel pressured, Luna." he told her. "I didn't drag you in here expecting to take anything that you're not willing to give. You can talk to me."

Luna nods, her face still bright red. "I know Leonard. I want this. I just need to catch my breath. This is just a very new experience for me." She slips the rest of her clothes off, and climbs under the covers. "Do you really like what you see?"

"Every time one of you guys uses my real name, I regret ever having given it." Wolf complained, but there was no effort behind his words. It was just reflex.

The ranger watched with unhidden interest as she took off her clothes, appearing to study her in a way similar to how he usually studies things that fascinate him. "But what's not to like?" he asked, sitting up with his legs crossed beside her. "You are beautiful, Luna. Now, at long last, I can say that with complete certainty."

"You embarrass me with talk like that, you wonderful man." She smiles and let's the sheets slip down around her waist, allowing Wolf to look upon her undressed form. "I really do love you, even though it's been a short time that we've been together." Luna leans over and presses herself up against Wolf's chest, feeling the strength of his body next to her own. "I want to please you. Show me what to do, just remember I'm new at this."

Brendoran, human fighter/ranger

Standard AC: 27

Fort save: +11

Ref save: +7

Will save: +4

Current action points: 5

Current HP: 78/78

Status effects: none

Powerpaw's tower shield +1

(-2 to attack rolls)

Spell: /

Bren listens appreciatively to Stewart's tour of the wagon. "This is really a marvellous creation. I wish we'd had something like it in my previous party. Though I suppose it would have been left behind rather a lot, with the unexpected 'porting about we tended to fall into."

When Stewart goes outside, Bren follows, intending to check on the horses (or assist Stewart, if that's his intent as well).

Leonard Wolf - The Defiler of Virgins

"Then the time for talk is over." Wolf concluded. "Just relax and follow my lead."

X4C6Lob.gif

... you wish! :P *rawrrr*

Last edited by a moderator:
Sparkle, Bonny, and Whittle head to the kitchen. They appear to be talking about dragons and hobbits and their commonalities.

In the Grand Pool, Bria relaxes upon the pillows,
not talking much, not watching a lot, just being there, warm, comfortable, and safe. As the minutes pass one by one, her drooping eyelids flutter and slowly close. She sighs and smiles. Not long after, she is a curled up bundle of beautiful young lady complete with tousled brown hair and a face that seems so very grateful that this tumultuous day has finally come to a close with all of the Wanderers alive, safe, and together.

Glider's displays his ever-present grin as he watches her. "Bright stars, this must have felt like the longest day in her life. She told me a bit about everyone when she was shaving me before dinner, but," he glances to Otiorin, "she spoke mostly about you. I don't know all that you did, but she really trusts you. And despite her sweetness, she's no fool."

He puts his hands behind his head. His tone becomes a little more serious. "Otiorin," he speaks slowly, "I don't know how long I'll be around here with all of you. But while I'm here, if you have any questions about our people, or even if you want some one-on-one training similar to what we did at the pool, just let me know. All I did was open your minds to your potential, but there's more about each of you I might be able to bring out if you want me to."

Stewart and Bren pass through the great portal leading outside. The first thing they feel is the strong autumn evening wind upon their faces. You hear the fluttering of the tents and see the many horses mingling together in the near darkness. The rain continues to come down but there is no lightning and no thunder. Soon, Sabrefang and Powerpaw come out too. Powerpaw appears especially weary but you can hear him purring.

A pair of the horses bunch are pushing against one another with increasing aggressiveness. Stewart calls out, "Rook! Knight! Behave yourselves! There, there..." Stewart carefully steps over to a large chest with broad handles left out with the tent. He opens it, revealing a neat array of black and brown feed bags. There are eleven bags for eleven mounts. "All this excitement with the storm has riled them up, along with the new company, I suppose." Stewart indicates Star, Felaróf, and Luna's mount. "Care to lend a hand or paw?"

"My pleasure!" Sabrefang approaches the horses with a feed bag in each paw. She makes the friendliest, most soothing sounds her adult throat can utter. It is not a far stretch to imagine she is speaking the language of animals to the team.

"Too bads Bria an' Glider-face iz inside; Bria sez Ko likes horsie-faces lots. Hewwo, horsie-faces!" Powerpaw takes a feed bag and makes the mistake of choosing Star as his first horse to feed. Seeing the intimidating Felane approach, Star turns and faces him, gives a troubled neigh, and then snorts fiercely with unmistakable warning.

Powerpaw pauses and looks around uncertainly. "Uhhh... Dis ain't no camel. What doez a Kitty-face do? How I puts da bag on his face when he's all angries like dat?"

Fort save: +11

Ref save: +7

Current action points: 5

Current HP: 78/78

(-2 to attack rolls)

Spell: /

Bren laughs and quickly moves forward. "Not that one, big fuzzy! He's battle-trained and doesn't trust easily." Bren steps between Powerpaw and the warhorse, clicking his tongue and making calming noises. "His name is Star, and he's my own mount. He knows Stewart, now, and your mother is a druid and can explain things directly. However, anyone not properly introduced had best keep out of reach." He reaches for the feedbag, then pauses and looks up at Powerpaw. "Would you like me to introduce you to him?"

Powerpaw hands Bren the feedbag with a quickness. "Uh, yah! Dat sounds smarts. You introduces us..."

Star calms down once Bren is there, but not before. The hardy war-horse stares at Powerpaw in a highly-distrustful fashion. It takes Bren twice as long to softly introduce Powerpaw than it did Stewart. In this time, Bren (being a Sarabina) notices none of the other ten horses present are comfortable with the feline warrior's presence. Bren's training and experience tells him that the equines, though hearty and in the comfort of each other's company, see Powerpaw for what he is - a highly-capable natural born killer. Bren may as well be introducing Star to a tiger and an unchained one at that.

Powerpaw unfortunately does not seem to realize the entirety of the situation. He glances around shyly, hiding his fangs inside a closed mouth, and attempting to make friendly gestures. At first, nothing works. The non-warhorses have never been this near to him, near enough to smell the predator. The closer he gets to the horses, the more they remember what they have seen of his ferocity and shrink away, save Star who becomes a little more aggressive despite Bren's presence, as Star seems to wish to protect the rest in the herd.

Thankfully, not only is Bren able to show confidence and trust with his calm sounds and movements, but Stewart (whom all the horses know well or well-enough) begins singing to the horses in his pleasant baritone voice. Stewart is no terrific singer, but it does not stop him; he sings for the love of it and the horses seem to know this and take pleasure from it. Finally, Sabrefang seems to be communicating with the horses with a potent combination body language and speech. At one point, feedbags in hand, she rubs up against Powerpaw while the horses watch. Powerpaw, reflexively turns and gives her an affectionate lick across the side of her face. This brings a big smile to both Felane's faces.

In time, through Bren's, Stewart's, and Sabrefang's efforts, all of the horses calm (even Star). A few even seem to become comfortable and curious about the white-and-black furred killer (not Star. =) ).

At last, Powerpaw is able to slowly and carefully place a feedbag around one of the draft horses ("King," as Stewart calls him). Powerpaw displays his boyishness by treating this like a victory of sorts. "Oh boy! I did its!" he raises his paws high. "You guys see dat?! Dey lemme give 'em nommies! Woo!" Powerpaw's tail swishes side to side as he purrs loudly in joy and his purring seems to have a calming effect on the nearest horses. "Hay! Mebbe I kin helps wif nommies again sometimes? Pwease?"

Sabrefang meows. "Would you like that, my son?"

"Yah, mom. Iz tough when even
horsie-faces iz scareds of you."

"Quite true, dear. Why, you are not even fully-grown yet! Best you learn these things now."

That statement stops Stewart right in his tracks as surely as if he had walked into the wagon. Empty feedbag in hand, he nears Bren and whispers as if he does not trust his own ears. "Lord Sarabina, did Lady Sabrefang just imply her son is not yet an adult of his kind?"

Otiorin watched Bria doze off into sweet dreams with a gentle smile on his face. Once she had fallen fully asleep, he rose silently from his nest and gathered up a warm throw from near the fire. Gently, ever so gently, he draped it over her, tucking it under her chin. Only then did he turn back to Glider.

"I honestly can't say what it is about me she sees. I told her all my negative points, about my fickleness, my inability to stay true to any one thing. But yet, she stays devoted to me. I cannot fathom it. Indeed, I do not know if I'll even be with the Wanderers when we leave Highwind. That's always been my nature. I've travelled on the winds like spindrift, usually following any random tales of the Sunfire Blade.", he replied, "I really have no plans at present, but I do love Bria, truly and honestly. It's just I can't predict where my feet will want to go tomorrow or next week or next month. But thank you, your assistance has been most helpful. I can feel myself developing as a person, as an adventurer, though even then, I don't know what my future will hold."

Bria seems to vaguely sense what is going on from her lofty perch in Dreamland. "Mmmhh," she murmurs. "You don't have to go." Then she is silent again, eyes closed, lips parted, appearing even more comfortable than before.

Meanwhile, Glider cannot seem but help to watch Otiorin's affectionate actions with great and silent pleasure. It is as if he does not want to disturb either of them in the slightest. When Otiorin replies, Glider listens intently and thinks on it. A moment later, he looks back into Otiorin's eyes and his grin returns. He keeps his voice low.

"Oh, you're most welcome. It's the least I can do, especially for a friend of Bria's. May I call you Rin?"

"As for your relationship... Oh... Buddy, I don't know what to tell you. I don't know you well enough to know her reasons for loving you. I suppose you've displayed some tremendous amount of goodness as you've adventured together; a hunky body alone does not a Bria attract, though it certainly doesn't hurt! Ha ha!" He covers his mouth as not to laugh too loudly.

"It's like this. We Ko take love where we find it. We also take it for as long as we can find it, whether it's for one night or a lifetime... That said, I think Little Miss Sunshine here will love you as long as you let her. And only you. And if fate separates you, well, then she'll love the memory the two of you created and shared together... and she'll move on."

"As for this Sunfire Blade of yours... Is that anything like a Sun Blade? I think there's one up north somewhere; an elder vampire mentioned it before I sent her to Final Death with a wooden flagpole during our fight above the Cradle of the Sun last year. Her last words were, 'Well, at least it wasn't that damned Sun Blade.' Later, after I'd given what she'd stolen back to Oscar the Sage of Highwind, he remarked that it was a sword that held the power of the very sun. Undead of all kinds hate it." Glider looks at the pool in thought.

"Huh... Maybe you'd benefit from a long chat with Oscar..."

The night passes on and one by one the occupants of the Wanderers' Wagon take to sleep. As the new day rises, so come new opportunities.

Location: The Wanderers' Wagon on The Road of Kings (5 days north of Summerset)

Travel time to Highwind: On day 5 of 14.

Sunday, September 21st, 1118. Time: 8:15 a.m.

Weather: Bright and beautiful with a soothing breeze. Much like this:

sunny-forest-road-wallpaper_300d5.jpg

(Image credit: www.youwall.com)

For those of you who make it out to the Grand Pool at this hour, Whittle gives you a happy wave. "Sunny mornin' to you, love! We are back on our way to Highwind! Some of the others are up on top of the wagon all beatin' and jumpin' around with Mister Glider if you are of a mind to find them. I'm glad it's not me up there - I'd fall clean off! Oh! An' before I lose my thought, Lady Sabrefang mentioned a detour she must be to makin' in about an hour's time. Sounds somethin' important-like! At least to Druids... Them and their woodsy secrets..."

For those of you who go outside, you see Stewart in the driver's seat wearing his wide, feathered hat upon a pleased face, his horn as ever is near his side. Before him, all eight draft horses are marching like soldiers making their typical ruckus as the wagon rumbles along at an easy-going trek. The smell of the forest is wonderful and refreshing.

"Good morning!" Stewart waves.

"Hay you guyz!" Powerpaw shouts from up top the Wanderers' Wagon. "Let Glider-face inta yer face! We iz learnin' all kindza good stuffs up here!" Powerpaw reaches down to give anyone a hand up.

As you pass along the Road of Kings, you also see Bria and Sabrefang sparring while Glider watches attentively. Everyone here appears wide awake and full of energy this morning.

"Beautiful Bast's blessings upon you!"

"Hi hi!"

"Focus!" Glider reminds them as Bria adeptly sidesteps a lunging downward slash from Sabrefang's scimitar. With excellent form, Bria swings her fighting stick directly upon Sabrefang's leather-bound sword-arm, tapping it soundly.

"Oh, drat! That would have smarted!"

Glider nods in agreement. "Sabrefang, don't overreach. Remember - the farther something is from the core of your body, the less control you have of it. That includes your sword and shield."

"What do I do?"

"Attack while keeping your balance. Don't lunge; let your natural reach work for you. Stay compact."

"O.K.!"

"Keep at it for another three minutes. Bria-honey, either stay inside her reach or out."

"Yessir!"

With that, Glider turns to you. "We're practicing fighting form right now, but earlier I had a one-on-one with the others here."

"He got inta my face!"

"Powerpaw, what are you supposed to be practicing?"

"Oh yah..." With the Wayfarers' Cudgel in one hand and a warhammer in the other, Powerpaw attacks as if beset by a number of small-sized creatures. Soon, you notice he is practicing two-weapon fighting along with his Mighty Cleave feat. The air whooshes around him as he swings ferociously, but inaccurately. Where he lacks in form, he makes up for in power.

It is then that Glider glances behind him and nods. From under a batch of blankets and jugs of water, Vardadraug sneaks up behind Powerpaw and in a way only wolves know, he suddenly nips at the Felane's ankles. Powerpaw jumps and swings behind him in surprise, but Vardadraug hops back out of his reach and smiles, fangs bared playfully.

Got you!

"HAY!"

"Powerpaw? You're guarding your party. Where should your focus be?"

"Front!"

"Correct. Keep at it, you two." Again, Glider turns to you, this time without interruption. "Much of what we discovered earlier wasn't exactly combat-related; we just figured sparring was a good way to work up a morning appetite." Glider takes a deep breath. "So... in the mood to meditate with me? Let's see what we can bring out of that mind of yours."

Luna rises early as is her habit from her days as a apprentice. But, instead of rising from the bed right away, she enjoys the warmth of the bed and the feeling of Wolf's arm wrapped around her naked form. A smile comes to her face as she remembers the night before, how gentle and caring that the gruff man was with her. While she would love to lie there all morning, she was faced with the need to perform her morning trip to the bathroom. Slipping quietly from the bed, Luna takes care of her needs, then starts to draw a bath to clean herself up from last night. With that done, she wraps up in a towel and returns to the bedroom to find Wolf now awake and watching her, with his head propped up on one hand. "Good morning, dear heart."

• Standard AC: 27

Fort save: +12

Ref save: +8

Current action points: 9

Current HP: 87/87

(-2 to attack rolls)

Spell: Speak with Animals
    Bren makes his way to the pool room some time after he rises, for this morning he has had a task he's waited long to regain -- prepare a spell! Pleased with the accomplishment and with the morning in general, he smiles at Whittle. "You have other, equally important skills, Mistress Meadowsweet! The fruits of which I hope to savor before long." He winks cheerfully. "But first I'd best see what everyone's up to. It might be something I ought to take part in."

Outside, he sniffs the air appreciatively and leans on the back of the bench to speak to Stewart. "Good morning to you! I hope you had no trouble with the horses? I'd've come to help if you'd asked." He tips his head, listening to the ruckus and conversation above and behind them. "Such energy, and before breakfast!" He pulls himself up to peer over the edge, then smiles and accepts Powerpaw's assisting paw. "Thanks, friend." He watches quietly as the sparring resumes.

Bren nods in response to Glider's question. "I've done some meditating today, but to a different purpose. I'd be glad of anything you could teach me. But the others may be following soon, and I'd like to wait in case they wish to join in. Unless this is another one-on-one?"

Glider spins casually toward Bren when he hears his voice, but freezes statue-solid when he sees Bren's eyes in the daylight. Again, the veteran fighting monk is transfixed, caught like a fly in a spider web. But only for one long moment.

"Oh my gosh... I am so sorry, Brendoran." he hangs his head low for a moment and grins. "It's just that... every time I look into your eyes... I see Killane's." Then the elder monk does something you have yet to see him do under any circumstances. He seems to be thinking very deeply of Killane... when Glider blushes, his face aglow in the morning sun.

He appears aware of it and completely unashamed, even as Bria and Sabrefang pause and watch him. Bria smiles warmly as if in understanding though Sabrefang turns her head in puzzlement.

"Tell you later," Bria seems to whisper to her Felane companion. "Hey, Master Breaker!" she shouts, bringing Glider out of his self-induced daze. "Is it true you started breaking bone, wood, and then solid stone?"

Glider laughs. "Bria-honey, you little bunny, you know that's true."

"Then you moved on to breaking things that shouldn't be broken... like fire, magic, and ladies' hearts?"

"Hey," he raises a hand in playful defense. "I had nothing to do with that! I just had my shirt off."

"Sometimes, that's how it starts, Mister Elder Master Breaker Glider sir!" Bria giggles and swings at Sabrefang who blocks well with her shield.

Then Powerpaw opens his mouth. "Hay! Hay guys! Lookie! I kin break sumthin' dat shouldn't be broken!"

Both Bria and Powerpaw's mother pause again and stare. "You can? What?"

Once everyone's eyes are on him, Powerpaw displays a big, goofy grin, bends over, and raises his tail in a mock-fart. "I kin break wind! Hooo hooohoooooo!!"

"Oh, Powerpaw!"

"Bast as my witness, I will die before I comprehend what young men enjoy so much about flatulence!"

"Ohhhh, Kitty made a funny!"

Glider laughs and turns back to Bren. "Does Killane know you run with crazy people like these? Let's begin."

"Feel it.

Emotion.

Don't be afraid to be weak,

Don't be too proud to be strong,

Just look into your heart my friend,

That will be the return to yourself,

The Return to Innocence."

[media]
[/media]
Glider takes a deep breath and settles his emotions. In the span of but two heartbeats, the Ko monk is in complete control of himself and his emotions. He stares into Bren's eyes again, but this time, there is no shyness, no blushing - only soul power. Glider steps forward to Bren and holds out both his hands, palms forward. "Raise your hands before mine." Bren is sensitive enough to feel a great invisible radiance emanating from the man and that force is not unknown to Killane's son.

"Breathe with me... I'll take you there... Just follow my words like last night... And together, well... we'll find whatever we find, won't we?"

Glider takes Bren into that place of serenity as the sounds of combat and training seem to fade without fading all around him. The sounds of the horses marching north, the wisps of the trees as the wind caresses them, even the distant sounds of birds chirping are not lost to Bren's open mind. Soon, all is as it should be. There is a calmness deep within the Sarabina where no problems dwell. A special place where nothing can hurt him. All is solace. Pure solace. In its deepest form.

Bren does not know how long he stands there in the warm sunlight. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that he is listening to his own soul, guided there by Glider's own words and power. It becomes clear to the two of them that Bren himself is making the journey and not the elder monk. As Bren's mind lets go, he sees a vision...

...of many horses in a herd galloping in a golden field. He recognizes them. One by one, he knows them all.

Then it becomes clear to him; these are all of the horses Bren has known in his young, adventurous life. Especially Red, his favorite. Bren stands in a field with them.

He wishes to ride Red. In a moment, he is. He does not remember mounting. It does not matter. He is one with Red. Red is one with him. They are together not in the fantastic and mythical tales found in storybooks and songs, but in the deepest ways - as one creature in a great cosmos to another. One soul to another. Physical forms, so finite in ability and so short in time, are not important. What is important is that Red and Bren are together. Now.

"Where are we going?" Bren asks aloud to no one in particular.

But Red turns to Bren, eye-to-eye. Red seems to answer. "Inside."

Bren comes out of his daze much faster than when he went in it. All sounds outside of him are back in full effect and are, at first, nearly jarring in their suddenness. Wherever Bren went, he is back now. After a few moments, he gets the sounds back under control.

And there is Glider, hands down, eyes calm, with his ever-present grin. "Listen," he tells Bren and points north to the head of the Wanderers' Wagon. "What do you hear?"

Bren listens.

Bren hears. "One, two, one, two, one two..." But it is not Stewart. It is King, the oldest and most able of the team of draft horses.

When Bren looks back to Glider, he finds the monk smiling. "Looks like you understand them in a way Sarabinas were always meant to."

Bren has gained the ability to Speak with Animals (Equines) at will as a minor Signature Ability. Kaerri, please add this to your character sheet.

There in the sun with Bren, Glider seems to wait for the next Wanderer to show.

Otiorin woke from his catnap-like sleep with an ease only an Elf could achieve. He had sensed Bria and Glider leave earlier and had been inclined to rise with them but, despite his Elven mind being fully rested, his Half-Elven body had decided it wasn't ready yet. So he had remained a while longer, rousing only when Bren passed through the pool room and outside. He swiftly dressed in his casual garb and bounded outside. With a cheery "Good morning!" to Stewart and a friendly pat on his drinking buddy's shoulder, he sprang deftly upwards and onto the roof of the wagon, his enchanted boots making the spring easy as if he were near-weightless.

"Good morrow, my dearest friends and allies. I was listening to your morning activities from below and thought I might come and see what is afoot.", he said with a laugh in the fine bright light of the early day.

Fort save: +12

Ref save: +8

Current action points: 9

Current HP: 87/87

(-2 to attack rolls)

Spell: Speak with Animals

Earlier...

Dannigan said:
"Oh my gosh... I am so sorry, Brendoran." he hangs his head low for a moment and grins. "It's just that... every time I look into your eyes... I see Killane's." Then the elder monk does something you have yet to see him do under any circumstances. He seems to be thinking very deeply of Killane... when Glider blushes, his face aglow in the morning sun.
Bren smiles gently. "That's no bad thing, I'm thinking, and certainly not worth apologizing for. Particularly as you recognized him in me even when you...weren't yourself, and that's what caused me to decide - even before Bria intervened - that you weren't the enemy you appeared to be." He pauses, seeing the other man's blush, and looks at him curiously, but decides not to ask. Maybe Bria will tell me later, too.
He chuckles at Powerpaw's joke, shaking his head at both the juvenile humor and the eternal maternal response to it. Then Glider turns back to him, and Bren focuses his attention once more on the monk. His eyes drift closed, and he smiles as the vision/trance comes over him. He sways from side to side, just slightly; those who notice and who are familiar with riding might recognize the rhythm as matching a long-legged horse's trot. Then he stills, his self returning to conscious control as his eyes open, and he smiles at Glider for a moment before realizing what he's hearing. Then his eyes widen further and his jaw drops. "I can hear them!" he whispers. "I can understand what he's saying!" He looks back and forth between King and Glider, finally settling on the horse. "Lady of the Forest!"

He turns to face Otiorin when the half-elf joins the group atop the wagon, still somewhat dazed by the revelation of his newfound ability. "Good morning, friend! What's afoot is... well, why not sit down with Glider for a bit, and we can compare notes afterwards?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back