• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chapter 2: South Wind

Wren says, "Come now, this woman is a hard working paladin of one of the great gods of the light. Surely you can afford to keep her out of the poor house while getting her a excellent deal on a top quality blade? Think of all the business you'll get from word of mouth when she tells everyone about how honest of a merchant you are! And we all know that a paladin can't lie, so when she says you are a honest man, it will carry more weight than some slouch on the street."

OOC I'm going to do my best to try and barter the price down. Wish me luck!

Renna looks over at the other woman in surprise, and not a small amount of hope. She at least has the good sense to keep her mouth shut at this time, and let the rogue do the haggling.

You can see how the merchant's brain slowly works towards a conclusion, estimating how much of a benefit the words of a single paladin would actually mean. The rogue's words are rather convincing, though, and he has plenty of full plates to sell if only the right customers happen to show up at his tent... "1400, and not a single copper coin less than that. Noone shall say good ol' Dalim would not care about those brave men and women leading the charge. Just make sure to not mention any numbers, or I'll be broke within a few hours."

Veskassdak looked at the armors the short, furfaced mammal showed and decided on a very lightweight silvery chainshirt.
"What thisss?" he asked the furfaced mammal. "It ssstrange looking, but not heavy. It armor good?"
Veskassdak is looking at a mithral chainshirt. Normal price is 1,100 gp. He is willing to sell his hide shirt for 10 gp and his greatclub for 2 gp and 5 sp.

Last edited:
"1400, and not a single copper coin less than that. Noone shall say good ol' Dalim would not care about those brave men and women leading the charge. Just make sure to not mention any numbers, or I'll be broke within a few hours."
Renna smiles wide as she offers up her hand to shake on the deal. "Done! With my thanks, Master Dalim." She carefully counts off the 1,400 in gold for the dwarf, then unstraps her current blade for the exchange. "Just so I'm understanding things correctly, are you going to have my sword enchanted, or is this going in trade towards a greatsword with the magic already on it? Either way, I shall make sure to send all the business your way that I can."

In a quiet voice to Wren, she says, "And my thanks to you, friend Wren. Without you, I would have had to wait for the coin to be able to afford this. I owe you, too."

Wren begins to count out her own money for her new suit of armor. "I believe you said 1,250 for the leather armor? That will be quite acceptable, Master Dalim. For what its worth, I, too, will spread tales of not only the generosity of your heart, but of the quality of your wares, and I will make sure to come to you first for our future equipment needs."

To Renna, the smaller woman nods. "Not a problem. You'll more than pay it back with your healing, I am sure. I'm just glad to have been a help. Now, lets see what kind of deals we can get for you, Veskassdak." She looks at what the lizard man is eyeing, and says, "That is called Mithril, a lightweight metal that shouldn't slow you down in the water, and it will be very good for you in levels of protection. Good stuff, there."

"Isss good then?" Veskassdak asked Wren to confirm it. When Wren nods, he turns back towards the short, furfaced mammal called Dalim and asks, "What 'money' you need me give for me get that?"
He hopes it is not more than what he has. Perhaps Wren would be better at this than he was. His ability to haggle was only second to his lack of experience at buying anything he could not make or find in his home village.

I don't think I wrote what the material of the hide shirt was. It's alligator hide.

Baird remained silent whilst following the rest of his companions after getting paid deciding to not draw any unwanted attention to himself. Although he could control it, he didn't want people making the connection between him and a dragon so he stashed the amulet as well under his robes intending to ask the leader of the all seeing eye about this when he got a chance. Baird then visibly smirked when Wren attempted to haggle down the price of a sword and succeeded. In the meantime, Baird decided to look around the tent for items that would help him in the future.
Silanon Silanon Dicer Dicer Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Wren shoots a smile in Baird's direction when she sees his smirk, but quickly controls her expression to keep from getting on the wrong side of Dalim and then have him change his mind about the discount price for Renna's sword. Hell, piss him off enough and he might just hike the prices up through the roof, if he doesn't cut us off from his stores completely!

Looking around the shop, Baird notices a few things and decides to go over to Master Dalim to inquire. In his best tradesman(Charismatic) voice Baird speaks "Master Dalim, I am currently looking for a few things. Would you happen to have A Darkwood Buckler, a Ceremonial Robe, and a cloak of Resistance?

OOC: I would laugh if the robes had a dragon on them
Silanon Silanon

The dwarf nods at the rogue's explanation, proudly presenting the masterpiece. "As light as a feather, and yet sturdy, pretty much the best of both worlds. 1200 gold pieces in total, including the inevitable adjustments - and I'll take care of shirt and club." There is a certain enthusiasm in his words as he continues to praise the dwarven piece of armor - enough to distract him from inconspicuous smiles here and there. "In case of the other two commissions: We're close to Kazragun, you know, the battle could start at any moment. I'd be foolish to let you fight with weaponry and armor foreign to you - hand sword and armor over to me, and you'll have the enchantments in place tomorrow morning."

As Baird approaches him with his question, it does not take long till he finds the required items - though his reaction is less enthusiastic. Not the typical dwarven gear, instead bought from humans and elves - they seem to fulfill their purpose at least, for 1500 gold pieces in total. The robe of course has no dragon on it - who would have expected such a thing? Instead, it is mostly dark, with a few golden symbols around its neck. A kraken, a demon, a hyena and an eagle, and additional runes unknown to you. "I can't even remember how long I own this one, probably saw the whole country by now. Never found someone interested in it, but I think it might fit quite well."

Wren will hand over her leather armor along with the required payment happily. "Tomorrow is good enough for me, so long as the orcs don't decide to attack during the middle of the night." Turning to the others, she says, "I don't know about you guys, but I certainly would like a good brew and a hot meal right about now. Anyone care to join me?"

I already did a roll for a discount, unfortunately did not quite work out this time. As for potential magical properties of the robes: If there is something meaningful, it is too subtile for you to notice. However, there is a hint of magic on it, as if it was made with magical help, likely dozens of years ago.

Baird thanks Master Dalim and takes the three items in question and hands over 1500 gold as payment, but does not put on the ceremonial robe just yet as he wants to examine it again at a later time. The Darkwood buckler and cloak Baird does put on, however, and turns to Wren. "I would not pass up such an opportunity so I will join you."
Silanon Silanon Sherwood Sherwood

Veskassdak looks at Wren again and says, "Isss getting fairness for this?"
Seeing Wren's expression, but not sure what it meant, he takes it as assent and removes his hide shirt and hands it to the short, furfaced mammal along with his greatclub.
"Ssseemsss fairness. Accssept trade do me."
He opens the sack of coins and counts out 1,200 gold ones while counting in his native tongue in groups of 10 coins.
Picking up the new armor he dons it. Liking the feel of it and the way it moves. But it does need a little alteration to account for his tail.
He removes the armor and says to Dalim, "Need adjussst for tail. Can wait for fixss if not long."

Last edited:
Wren looks over at Veskassdak with mild curiosity. "Y'know, I wouldn't mind learning how to speak your language, if you wouldn't object to teaching me." She makes sure not to leave the lizard man by himself until the dealings with the merchant is done, and as things are wrapping up, she says, "So, care for a drink with us? You're invited too, Renna."

Renna looks dubious. "I really should see if there is some healing that needs to be done in the camp, but, I suppose that it can wait for a single drink. Thank you for your invite, Wren."

The dwarf nods as Veskassdak mentions the adjustments, but shakes his head as he proposes to wait. "It's mithral, y'know, it'll take a while. But I'll get it done for you over night." It takes a few moments for him to write down which exact changes need to be made - after that, you are ready to go. If you look for a place to drink, there are plenty of them to be found where Io promised they would be.

Once they leave Dalim's armory tent, Veskassdak said, "Drink good sssoundsss. Thirsssty. Perhapsss they have Mahk'tha'tuulo. Drink made from fermented mossss rootsss. Very tasssty." He pauses for a moment and then continues, "Wonder where can find magic clothesss. Know from tribal legend that mussshroomsss be made into vessstsss that cussshion fall. When hit ground, land sssofter. Musshroomsss easssy find, ssso maybe find magic cussshion mussshroom vessst here. Might not have enough now after armor, but good to know if available."
Realizing he hadn't answered Wren's request to learn his tongue he said, "Willing to learn Arsu'sayp Nohprem ssspeech? Isss difficult for mammalsss to get wordsss sssaid right, but can teach. At leassst be able to underssstand when ssspoken near you."

Wren nods. "I doubt that I'll ever be able to pass myself off as a native speaker; I just don't have the tail for it. But, it might come in handy sometime, and I have a feeling that we'll be comrades in arms for a while. Now that's settled, lets get that drink. First round is my treat. I'm sure that we can find a bar that won't object to having a lizard man in there, so long as we all behave ourselves. Veskassdak, how well do you hold your liquor? You're not the type to get blitzed and go crazy, are you?"

Veskassdak pondered this for a moment and then began, "We ssshall sssee. Have never drink mammal drink before. Fun could be."

Renna looks to the heavens. "Oh, dear. Neither have I, actually. Perhaps I shall just have water, to make sure someone stays sober enough to keep us out of the stocks."

Wren almost comes to a halt as she hears the paladin say she's never been drunk before. "Wow. Not even the sacramental wine? Veskassdak I can understand, but you? We gotta get you a good, stiff drink! It will be fun! Trust me!" She then loops her arms around both Vesk and Renna, and pulls them along, almost skipping in her excitement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back