• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Chapdelaine's Paranormal Investigation Agency

cadence

in a quiet garden
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Chapdelaine's Paranormal Investigation Agency
Fof6R2E.jpg
The presence of ghosts and other unworldly beings in London, known more commonly as "The Problem" has caused great terror in the city. Since the Problem first arrived nearly fifty years ago, the number of ghosts in the city have only increased, growing to be even more of a threat to the people. Along with the beginning of the Problem in London, children and teenagers, all under the age of twenty, received some sort of gift -- almost overnight. The gifts are divided into three: sight, listening, and touch. These gifts allow them to detect the presence of ghosts. After the Problem became a concern to the public, paranormal agencies were formed to put at end to them using the children with the gifts.

This roleplay is largely inspired by the series Lockwood and Co. by Johnathon Stroud. No knowledge of the books is needed. The roleplay will focus on the agents of the Chapdelaine Paranormal Investigation Agency, a newborn, privately owned agency trying to make a name for themselves among larger, much more well-known agencies. Much of the roleplay will focus on the agency completing different cases, rivalry with other agencies, and more.

Some information about the world, ghosts, gifts, and more can be found at these links: ghost types, gifts, and important terms & vocabulary.

For this roleplay, I am looking for four or five people (including me) to play as the members of the agency. As it is such a small group, I will not be accepting people first come first serve. I will set a due date and choose the characters I most see fit for the roleplay after people have submitted. This is a semi-lit roleplay, so I expect third person and about two paragraphs or more per reply. Once I get enough interest, I will post a character sheet, but for now, please just comment! Please let me know if you have any questions, I am glad to answer them.

Last edited:
Interested! I also have a question as well! What's the age range of characters that you're looking for?

Interested! I also have a question as well! What's the age range of characters that you're looking for?
I was thinking around 16-20! We want them to be old enough to where they aren't annoying kids but still young enough for the gift. :-)

I actually read them quite recently ^^
Big fan of Stroud's (Bartimaeus is one of my all-time favorite series), so I was excited when I saw he had a new one out~

I actually read them quite recently ^^
Big fan of Stroud's (Bartimaeus is one of my all-time favorite series), so I was excited when I saw he had a new one out~
Ooh, nice, so it's fresh on your mind! It's been a year or two since I've ready them, so I had to pull up all of the wiki pages to get the info I needed. I've been meaning to read Bartimaeus!

Howdy! Ya'll lookin for another?

Ooh, nice, so it's fresh on your mind! It's been a year or two since I've ready them, so I had to pull up all of the wiki pages to get the info I needed. I've been meaning to read Bartimaeus!
You totally should- it's amazing ^^

A little bump! I'll have a character sheet up within the next day or two. For now, hop into the Discord!

Last edited:
My posts keep getting deleted/edited, so you can find the Discord link in the OOC thread if you'd like to hop in.

Character sheets are up, everyone! Still looking for more people.

Bump~ Looking for a few more people. Click the link to our OOC and hop into the Discord if you'd like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back