• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Channel 16 | OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I usually don't touch Bbcode I'm too frightened of it but mayhaps i will do it more because I can't lie those look sick

Oh neat thanks I'll take a look when I'm on my laptop, after I look over the new characters that have been posted.

Also considering speaking to jewel about getting started today just to let the current group interact while waiting for the rest of the spots to fill up but 🤔 I don't know

I think we need one or two more people in, but yeah I think so too. Anyone who's late could still be hiking in.

Condition: Tired
Current Channel: 411.675 Misc

We could use a side code to make status stuff. Not sure if it would be too much but it's an idea

I think we need one or two more people in, but yeah I think so too. Anyone who's late could still be hiking in.
Yep, exactly. I'm expecting one or two people to get a sheet up today, and if jewel does as well that would make Rosewood Peaks (emolga and Is tower) and the lake tower (your tower) filled, with one other person in another tower

Also ohhh that would be cool tbh

Also part two I'm obligated to ask: would people prefer to have a discord server rather than just an ooc thread

I think discord would be a good OOC simply because we're talking so much and the notifications and such

Haha yeah. Let me go set one up; it's also just more organized imo

LiquidSaint LiquidSaint As an over-correcting mom-type I'm gonna overcorrect you and say that being a Park Ranger and Applying to do Firewatch service are different things. A Fire Lookout has little requirements while being Park Ranger means Basic Training and degrees (Unless your starting at entry-level). Basically, all I'm saying is you don't need to be a full-fledged Park Ranger like my character to justify being here. My character is more like a full-time camp counselor while for example,R Emolga's character is a new intern.

Realistically my character will probably have more authority because of her position, but that also means she has more duties to go with her status. For example, she has the power to arrest or do other jobs and responsibilities outside just doing lookout duty

Sorry to nag. I am the dumpster hag

Ah, ok. I’ll admit I don’t know enough about forestry to know the difference. In that case I’ll probably take out his first aid skills almost entirely; and maybe make his survival training a little less “by the book”.

Ah, ok. I’ll admit I don’t know enough about forestry to know the difference. In that case I’ll probably take out his first aid skills almost entirely; and maybe make his survival training a little less “by the book”.
Well technically Forestry is different than general Park Ranger service. Especially since a lot of parks are in the desert and don't have trees. You can keep first aid and stuff, but he's probably just not going to be a Ranger

Alright, so now that I’m caught up on the threads and everything; I think I got a bit ahead of myself on my character sheet. What exactly is our job description/requirements? I skewed my background a bit thinking there were necessary requirements for the job that needed to be met. So I might alter it a little after I have a little more info.

Also: the 3 things we had to list on our character sheet were just like, 3 notable things to tell people something about the character, right? Not, like, ALL we’re allowed to bring? Lol

Alright, so now that I’m caught up on the threads and everything; I think I got a bit ahead of myself on my character sheet. What exactly is our job description/requirements? I skewed my background a bit thinking there were necessary requirements for the job that needed to be met. So I might alter it a little after I have a little more info.

Also: the 3 things we had to list on our character sheet were just like, 3 notable things to tell people something about the character, right? Not, like, ALL we’re allowed to bring? Lol
Okay, the first bit I'll either let jewel answer or answer when I'm back from work. The second part: haha yeah that was just another way to get to know your character.

To answer your question...The job is pretty simple. The primary duty of a firewatch is to report to the local ECC (Emergency Communications Center), often by radio or phone. Part of the lookout's duties include taking weather readings and reporting them to the ECC as well. They also there in case campers in the area have an emergency.
Working in a lookout tower in the middle of the wilderness takes a hardy type of person. Usually these towers are manned by 1 person alone, but for roleplay purposes we thought it would be more substantial to have two people per tower. The lookout jobs are typically seasonal and often times the lookout staff are manned by volunteers.
Hope that gives you a little bit more info. Let me know if you have any other questions.

To answer your question...The job is pretty simple. The primary duty of a firewatch is to report to the local ECC (Emergency Communications Center), often by radio or phone. Part of the lookout's duties include taking weather readings and reporting them to the ECC as well. They also there in case campers in the area have an emergency.
Working in a lookout tower in the middle of the wilderness takes a hardy type of person. Usually these towers are manned by 1 person alone, but for roleplay purposes we thought it would be more substantial to have two people per tower. The lookout jobs are typically seasonal and often times the lookout staff are manned by volunteers.
Hope that gives you a little bit more info. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ok, I think I’m overthinking this. So basically there’s no like, legal requirements or real training required?

Hey!! I'll be accepting your character soon; just need to run her by jewel! Has my stamp of approval, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back