• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Champagne Resolutions | Main

Characters
Here

Jax Romero

The Geek

Mood:

embarrassed, startled

music room

Outfit:

Tags:

Nicole ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom ); Cassie ( apolla apolla )

With every next word, Jax was burying himself deeper and deeper under the ground and by the time he stopped talking, he hated himself more than ever before. If his father and brothers saw him at this point, they would be dying from laughter and the next family dinner would be simply a blast. Coming from a family of jocks, Jax was cursed by his family’s reputation. His brothers were athletes, made captains in their respective sports when at school, now they all were on their way to become high ranking military officers. Just like their father. And in the middle of that whole chaos, there was Jax who had no athletic talent whatsoever, couldn’t talk to girls for the world and his vastest knowledge was in the field that was utterly useless in practical life. He could just die.

He simply had to ask her. How much did she already hate him? Through his own embarrassment and brain gears reeling really fast not to blurt out anything way too over the line, Jax didn’t even stop to think about the beautiful brunette Candy Kane from the party. Because if he did, there was a real high chance he would have figured out that his midnight kiss was standing in front of him. Her words cut deep as she then spoke and Jackson realized that the girl wanted to have absolutely nothing to do with this whole little project.

Pity though. He thought it was cool.

“Umm, yeah, okay…” he stuttered, his face beet red. What were the fact she could use though? “I’m a senior here, I enjoy anything that has nothing to do with sports, my favorite book is Percy Jackson and my favorite food is pepperoni pizza with loads of cheese and canned corn on top.” he then spoke, taking a step back from her a little. His eyes were fighting hard to look at her as if she was going to hit him and Jax understood then that his brothers truly did a number on him. “Are you…erm, are you really so miserable here?” he asked after a while, tucking his hands even deeper in his pockets.

It wasn’t long after that that Mr. Q stood up from the piano and clapped his hands a few times. “Good, good, bring it in. I hope you had time to get to know each other at least a little bit. Now I would love to make a little round of introductions, you know, to see who you are, what I’m working here with. Before I announce this week’s assignment, I want you to sing today. Here and now. Think about a song, any song, that characterizes you the most. Tink about a song that you would perform if you wanted people to get to know you, to understand who you are.” he smiled, looking at each and every one of the six people in front of him. “Now. Any volunteers?”

As if they all were keen to throw themselves out there. “Come on, don’t be shy.” he tried to encourage them but still nothing happened. “Okay so…Cassie! How about you start us off?” And honestly? Jax felt incredibly relieved. He was so not ready to sing in front of them all. Not just yet.

♡design by stardust galaxy, coded by uxie♡

Nicole St. Claire

Guilt wasn't something that Nicole usually wasted her time with, but when Jax's face turned beet red and he took a step away from her, she couldn't help but feel guilty. Even when she was trying to use kid gloves, he still looked like she'd just used him as her punching bag. Umm, yeah, okay... I'm a senior here, I enjoy anything that has nothing to do with sports, my favorite book is Percy Jackson and my favorite food is pepperoni pizza with loads of cheese and canned corn on top. The cheerleader listened quietly to the facts Jax offered about himself, biting her tongue to keep from questioning his taste when she heard that he put canned corn on his pizza. It seemed like a bizarre choice to her, but she didn't need to make him anymore self conscious about things than she already had. "Well, we at least have one thing in common..." She replied, trying to joke with him since they were both seniors, but pretty much opposites beyond that.

Her joke didn't seem to help any though, because the nerd could hardly look at her. Are you... erm, are you really so miserable here? Had anyone else asked the same question, Nicole would have replied with a quick and definite yes! But seeing the expression on Jax's face and his body language made the cheerleader soften her reply. "Well... this isn't my ideal situation, if we're being honest." She replied, sighing. "But I suppose I could think of things more miserable..." Nicole added, getting the feeling that Jax wanted to be in the glee club and not wanting to shit on his interests more than she already had.

Cassie returned with the missing glee club member Mr. Q had sent her after, and the brunette couldn't help the expression of disbelief that flitted across her face. A much as Nicole thought the rest of the group of misfits didn't belong in glee club, CJ especially didn't. One look at him told Nicole all she needed to know about him- stoner, troublemaker, and judging by the familiar glance between him and Ella, not someone she'd get along with. The point of them being forced into Glee Club was to win for the school, but she didn't see how that was possible. This was a lost cause. Glancing back to Jax, the beginning of a realization was starting to germinate in the back of Nicole's mind, but before it could take root, Mr. Q was telling the group to gather up.

Nicole hopped off the desk she was sitting on, and walked over to where the group was forming. For some reason it hadn't occurred to her that the group would be this small, but when Mr. Q said they were going to go around and introduce everyone and then sing before they got their assignment, it seemed to indicate that the entire group was now present. Well fuck! Double fuck that they had to sing solo that described themselves in front of everyone too. Mr. Q asked for volunteers who wanted to go first, and Nicole decidedly kept her arm down and avoided making eye contact with the glee instructor. She didn't mind singing, she liked doing it in the car, or in the shower, or even drunk doing karaoke... but none of that singing was ever personal or meant to convey something about herself.

Perhaps Nicole and Jax had one more thing in common, because he looked as relieved as she felt when Mr. Q selected Cassie to go first. Blue eyes swept over to the first victim, curious what the typically soft spoken Cassie would come up with for a song. Somehow she'd managed to drag CJ to glee club, so maybe there was a little more chutzpah in the girl than met the eye. Speaking of people being more than met the eye, it suddenly dawned on Nicole that one of these guys was her Bond from New Years Eve... That realization that had started earlier finally started to sprout as her gaze traveled from each of the guys in the circle in a process of elimination.

Cole was definitely attractive enough to pull off the 007 act, but she would have recognized him, and he was too tall. Crossing him off the list, Nicole moved on to CJ. Well it was obvious this guy wasn't Bond. Her date hadn't reeked of weed and he just couldn't be the guys she kissed... Which only left... Wolverine?! Nicole's blue eyes widened as they slid over to the nerd who stood beside her. There had to be some mistake, she told herself, trying not to betray her thoughts while Cassie began doing her thing. How could the suave and entertaining guy she'd met be the same kid who'd stuttered through their intros? It was hard to picture Jax in anything other than a graphic tee, but she supposed he did kinda have the right build... Being as discreet as possible, Nicole stood on her toes a little to imitate wearing the heels she'd worn that night and glanced over at Jax to compare their heights. She gasped a little despite herself because sure enough...

Guilty

Glee Room

nine lives

CJ Barron

Had CJ not just smoked a few blunts with his pothead pals, he might have done a better job at getting out of going to the glee club meeting. After he struck out with his attempt of convincing Cassie to cover for him, the stoner figured his only other option would be to make a break for it and let the blonde deal with whichever teacher was lame enough to be in charge of the club. However, just as he started plotting his escape route, the paranoia from the weed kicked in and he worried that Cassie would rat him and his friends out for smoking pot if he didn’t do as she said. Usually the nerd was a pushover, but her uncharacteristic bitchiness today made him fear she could be more vindictive than he thought. Grumbling to himself, CJ just followed after Cass to the glee room, and walked in ahead of her when she stopped to make him go in first. They walked side by side silently for a bit until they arrived to their new hell for the semester.

Mr. Q’s immediate greeting made CJ flinch as his desire to flee made another appearance. The exercise is getting to know your partner. Since you two are last, you're paired up. Five minutes everyone! The stoner glanced between the door and Cassie, before her gaze meeting his reminded him that he had to stick around. He let out a sigh in sync with the blonde, and followed her to the area she led them too. On the way the stoner glanced at the other prisoners, noticing Ella looking at him. Well fuck. Talk about a boner kill to find his nsa hookup buddy in glee club too. Could this club get any worse? Can you sing, CJ? Cassies asked snapping him out of his thoughts as she turned her attention to him. CJ shrugged, pulling up a chair and sitting in it backwards. “Depends on how high I am I guess,” He smirked, folding his arms on the chair, and then resting his chin on his arms. “So if you want our group to do well, better not tell anyone about my secret weapon…” He winked.

CJ glanced at the other two pairs for a moment before returning his gaze to Cass. “So what the hell’s this? I just gotta tell you about myself to get this over with?” He mused, wanting to get through the meeting as painlessly as possible now that he was stuck here. “Let’s see… I like to have fun, fire is pretty neat… I hate authority, can’t wait to be done with school forever and think guys who don’t like the color pink are pussies…” He announced, watching Cass closely to see her reaction, curious to see how she’d spin those facts into safe enough material for the share and tell. “And you, Cassandra? You sing in the choir at your church or something?” He asked, waiting for her to share her own facts as part of the assignment.

A few minutes later, Mr. Q summoned the group to round up so they could introduce each other and sing a song about themselves. CJ couldn’t help but break out into some half stifled chuckles at the cheesiness of the assignment. “I hope we’re allowed to use the explicit version of the songs…” He murmured before Cass was chosen to go first. CJ glanced over at his partner, curious to see, or rather hear, what kind of pipes the quiet girl had. “What ya gonna sing little song bird?” He asked, nudging her forward so she could take center stage. “Don’t be shy.”

Paranoid

Glee Club

nine lives

Cassandra Blake
NOW PLAYING
skin by sabrina carpenter
MOOD
too fucking anxious
INTERACTIONS
everyone
Five minutes wasn't really alot of time to get to know somebody, and it didn't escape Cassie's notice that they had significantlly less time than the others to do so. With everything else on the forefront of her mind, the New Years party and her exciting, champagne filled night with her masked companion didn't even cross her mind. Much like the others, she'd been expecting a bigger group and was surprised that it was apparently just the six of them, but she wasn't the type to flunk anything and she wasn't about to start with her first glee club project. She sighed in unison with CJ, leading them towards a part of the stage that was empty so they could have a quick 'get-to-know-you' chat. Her first question was probably the most obvious, but there was a genuine note of curiosity in there too.

She watched as he spun a chair around, sitting on it backwards before resting his arms on the back of it and then his chin in his hands. There was something innocent about the movement, but definitely not about his words. "Your secret is safe with me." She rolled her eyes, finding her own chair and sitting cross legged in it. At his question, Cassie just glanced around to the others to see what they were doing. "Apparently so." He started to give her a little summary about himself, and her eyes shifted back to him, fixing him with a flat expression. Obviously unamused by his sarcasm, she just sighed and leaned back in her seat. "Are you sure you're not the pussy for being the classic anarchist?" She quipped, surprising even herself. He continued, asking if she sung in a church choir, and despite herself a breathy chuckle escaped her.

"I don't, actually." She told him, folding her arms across her chest. "Surprised?" Something about interacting with CJ made her a bit sharper, and she wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not. "I want to graduate and leave this town too, you know. I have dreams beyond passing my classes." Not that she was about to share them with him. He'd probably just laugh at her, the quiet bunny of the school who wanted so badly to perform onstage in front of thousands of people. For a moment she got lost in her thoughts, but it was Mr. Q's voice that brought her out of her reverie. He called for everyone to gather, so she just unfolded her legs and stood from the chair, putting it back where she found it before she headed towards the others. He really threw a curveball at them when he announced that he wanted them to sing. Today. Now. And then he chose her to go first when no one volunteered.

Her eyes shot up to him and for a moment she felt as though she might open her mouth and hurl right there on the piano. If CJ hadn't nudged her forward, she wouldn't have moved at all, but now she stumbled slightly onto center stage, turning her wild doe eyes onto the others. She was silently pleading with them, for someone to step up and take her place, but no one moved. Not even her asshole brother. Fuck. She slid her gaze over to Mr. Q, who had taken a seat at the piano, ready to play something for her. "I... I have music." She told him, shaking slightly as she hopped off the stage and headed to her bag. Unzipping it, she found her notebook and opened it to a particular page, folding it back before she turned to give it to their teacher. He glanced at it before he nodded, gesturing for her to get back on the stage. She did, still feeling nauseous. But Mr. Q. started playing, and the familiar notes hit her ears, and her voice filled the room as she sang.

º º code by ditto º º

Coleson Blake
NOW PLAYING
i like me better by lauv
MOOD
amused
INTERACTIONS
everyone
Although glee club wasn't Cole's idea of a good time, talking with Ella was making it a little more bearable. Even though they knew each other from when she was a cheerleader, they'd never really been close. Casually flirty, sure, but they'd never hooked up or even really gone beyond simple conversation. They were expected to know each other because, well, they ran in the same circles. He was a jock, she was a cheerleader. A match made in heaven, right? But then she'd gone totally rebel and if Cole was being honest, it was pretty hot. He liked her rebellious attitude, her fuck everything mentality, because he couldn't really feel that way. He had to give a shit about something, whether it was his home life, his sister, graduating, the next game, whatever.

"White chocolate reeses?" Cole wrinkled his nose, then tilted his head to the side as he thought about it. "No, I haven't. But I totally would." His disgust from a few seconds ago completely gone the more he thought about it, he glanced over to the door as his sister entered with the school clown. Rolling his eyes, Cole turned back to Ella, seeing the smirk she now sported. "Friend of yours?" He scoffed, shaking his head before he just went on. "You make valid points." He told her, looking around at the others, his eyes lingering on CJ and Cassie. "He better not try to get fresh with her." Growling his words, his protective side taking over, he forced himself to look away, deciding to change the subject as he asked about Ella's cheerleading uniform. "You actually kept it?" For some reason, that brought a grin to his face.

"Well, you may not have had a reason to keep it then, but I can tell you a reason you should put it back on." He shot a wink in her direction before Mr. Q stood up again, distracting them all by wanting them to gather. "Ugh, god." He stood from his chair, nudging it aside with his foot before he crossed his arms. Mr. Q asked for a volunteer after dropping a bomb on them, and Cole's eyes widened. Well, he sure as shit wasn't going to volunteer, but that didn't mean that he didn't feel bad when Cassie was chosen to go first. He sent her an apologetic look, then promptly ignored her pleading gaze as he moved to jump off the short stage so that Cassie could be front and center. He knew his sister better than anyone in the room, had even heard her sing before, and he knew she had a great voice. But she was shy, almost painfully so.

Still, that didn't stop her from being completely prepared as she grabbed music from her binder to give to their teacher. "I swear, she's prepared for everything." Cole smirked as he plopped back into one of the seats, tugging Ella down beside him as the piano notes began to fill the room. A few seconds later, Cassie started singing as well, and he could hear the shaking in her voice at first. She was nervous, that much was obvious, but she shut out everyone so that she could get her song out. Cole tilted his head slightly; this was the first time he'd seen her sing in public. When she finished, he immediately cheered and clapped his hands, standing as he whistled at her. Her face turned beet red as she hurried off the stage, and Cole just grinned. "Alright, who's next?" He looked around, his eyes landing on Ella. "I volunteer... you."

º º code by ditto º º

Ella Reed

The Wild Child

Mood:

amused

music room

Outfit:

Tags:

Cole ( apolla apolla ); Nicole ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

The conversation with Cole was actually sweeter than Ella expected. In its own way, of course. They did hint at some naughty stuff and she enjoyed those subtle comments. The idea that Cole was her midnight kiss and a lover who never happened never even occurred to her, simply because Ella was not thinking about that night or anything else. Those events were far gone and they started to dissolve right after midnight when the golden envelope arrived. Ella was seeing red at that point and she stumbled out of that room, out of the hotel and back to her place, ready to explode. She finished the night with a few more drinks and a neatly rolled blunt and fell asleep higher than a private jet. And while she was aware that this whole glee club thing was a price to pay, she saw it as nothing but a punishment for slacking and leaving the cheer squad. But hey, she could sing, she was definitely a dancer, had the music in her and people here were mostly bearable. Mostly being the keyword here.

“I wanna hear that reason now.” Ella winked at Cole as they kept going playfully about that cheer uniform and she was sure his and her idea about how to use that piece of crap was mostly the same. And no, it was not for going back out on the field and join the group of jumping girls. She ignored the question about CJ on purpose because this was not the time or the place, or the person for that matter, whom she wanted to explain what she and CJ were having between them. She just hoped, for Cassie’s sake, that CJ was not going to go his full force. Not that Ella was jealous, god no. She and CJ were anything but exclusive. But Cassie was the sweetest thing and needed to be careful around the devil himself.

They never got any further because Mr. Q decided it was time to start their first group activity and asked for a volunteer. Of course, everyone was quiet. While Ella was not shy little lamb, she was not going to be rushing to the front and beg for the microphone. But no one seemed to have the balls and she rolled her eyes. Just as she was about to stand up, Mr. Q asked Cassie to go first and Ella relaxed back in her seat, slightly relieved she didn’t have to volunteer. Cassie looked like she was about to throw up and Ella offered her an encouraging look. You got this! Her eyes said and the brunette crossed her arms and legs, watching Cassie rock her song in the front. The girl definitely had a nice set of pipes and once she was finished, Ella applauded loudly, clapping her hands so hard they hurt. It was a beautiful piece and she dared anyone here to top it.

Cassie hurried off the stage looking like she wanted to hide in a mouse hole and Ella just leaned back in her chair when Cole decided to be an ass and volunteered her. Mr. Q looked positively beaming and he beckoned Ella to come closer. “I hate you, Blake.” she mumbled and got up, offering the teacher a forced smile. “I don’t have my music.” she declared and walked to the stereo system where she plugged in her phone. Tapping on the scream for a moment, she found the music she needed. She fell in the rhythm with the beat and grabbed the microphone to start singing her piece. The anthem of Ella Reed. Music filled the room and Ella absorbed it all as she filtered everything and everyone and simply enjoyed her own little performance.

Jax Romero

The Geek

Mood:

embarrassed

music room

Outfit:

Tags:

Being a punching bag was something Jax was more than used to being. His father and all his brothers abused him verbally and sometimes even physically and there was no one to stick up for him. His mom tried sometimes but she was hushed by his father every single time and when his brothers started to pick on the poor woman too, she just offered Jax a pity-filled look and returned to the kitchen. Jackson was not angry with her. It was not her fault anyway. She simply lived the life of a military wife as best as she could. There were times Jax thought it was all his fault. For not being able to fill in the shoes that were given to him. Shoes that his father started to wear and handed to all three older Romero boys. Only Jax seemed to not make them fit and he chose a whole different kind of footwear. One that his family disliked more than anything else and one that got him all that abuse and nicknames which were less than flattering.

So when Nicole started sharply on him, Jax stepped back but there was a part of him which was rather calm, telling him to just stand his own and that the berating was going to go away. He also needed to remind himself that not everyone was so excited for being here and that he was most possibly the only one. He needed to talk to Cassie for sure but she was gone chasing someone else as per Mr. Q’s request and Jax was alone here in the lion den. A cheerleader who was annoyed by him, a jock who was the ultimate scare for Jackson and a girl who was stuff of nightmares. Was this Jackson’s personal hell or what? He asked Nicole if she really was so miserable here because he needed to know. A part of him did. “You know, I think this could become something really nice. This is our last year here, maybe it’s time to make some new memories, outside of our circles?” he shrugged and shortly after that, they all were called for the group activity.

Jax tensed when Mr. Q asked for a volunteer and hoped his name was not going to be dropped and it worked. Mr. Q asked Cassie to go and Jax’s eyes lit up. She was nervous, so much was obvious but Jax knew she was about to rock their worlds. Ever since the two met, Jackson had this huge puppy crush on her and when she was now standing in the front, no one else existed. Even the fear of who his midnight kiss was vanished. Even though it was clear as day that Cassie was not the Bond girl. Jax knew that it was either Nicole or Ella but honestly, what was more terrifying? Instead, he watched Cassie sing like a songbird and the song lulled him, allowed him to relax and get a bit more loose. She really had the voice of an angel and Jax was almost sad when she finished. Ella was next to go and her song was much different from Cassie’s, louder, energetic and Jax had to admit that the girl took the whole room by the storm, introducing herself perfectly with that song. But once she was done, her dark eyes found the geek and Jax gulped. “Wanna see what you can do. You’re up, Spiderman.” she smirked and waited for Jax to stumble to her so she could shove the mic in his hands.

“Well, um…okay.” he stuttered and sucked on his teeth for a moment. “You have music with you or…” Mr. Q started his question but Jax was already grabbing a guitar. He definitely did not have music and honestly, he was not ready for this kind of exercise either. A song to introduce himself with? A song that defined who he was? It was too hard and Jax was so enthralled by Cassie’s song and then by Ella that he didn’t even think about what to sing. Now it was his turn and he had…nothing. Well, he had one thing which was fun and easy to play by himself. But it could also be embarrassing. Oh well, he didn't have a choice at this point. It was either that or nothing and if he didn’t want to look like a fool, a song had to come from him. With a goofy grin, he took a seat on one of the stools, leaned the guitar on his thigh and strummed the strings, beginning his song, hoping people would actually enjoy it.

Nicole
St. Claire

The revelation that Jax Romero was probably her Bond - well, no, not her Bond, just the guy she knew as Bond- from the NYE ball left Nicole stunned. If it wasn't so difficult to comprehend, it might have been funny. Distractedly glancing between Cassandra as she performed, and Jax, the cheerleader just couldn't wrap her mind around it. He'd been so confident that night, or at least infinitely more confident that he'd been during their share and tell assignment earlier. Though, now that she thought about it, a few blurry memories were starting to make more sense- like his drink of choice for instance. Maybe alcohol had just made her blind to all the clues that Bond was really the school geek?

Loud applause broke Nicole from her thoughts, and she turned her attention back to the blonde girl who quickly left the stage. Although Nicole hadn't been able to fully focus, she'd heard enough to recognize the typically quiet nerd as a wonderful singer. Adding her own clapping to the mix Nicole made a mental note that perhaps Cassie too actually wanted to be in Glee. That made at least two of the six.

Next up was Ella, and Nicole let out a slow sigh, not terribly thrilled to listen to the ex-cheerleader for the next few minutes. There was clearly no love lost between the two young women, but in Nicole's book, Ella was the one to draw first blood. She'd suddenly thrown 3 years of being on the cheer squad together in the trash the summer after junior year, and had returned as a senior acting like she was so much better than the people she used to call friends. Nicole had personally never done anything to Miss Reed, but apparently being a cheerleader was crime enough. Hurt by this, Nicole had met fire with fire, and the two girls had been at odds since. The brunette already knew that Ella was a good singer from singalongs on bus trips to away games, so she wasn't surprised when the rebel without a cause put on a good performance.

What was surprising though was Jax picking up a guitar and performing his own music as he sang. Apparently the guy was just full of surprises, and Nicole listened quietly as he sang. The song he'd chosen was appropriately quirky, and the cheerleader couldn't help but wonder how many of the lyrics were actually true of the singer's own likes and dislikes. After Ella's energetic performance, Jax's was more contained, but entertaining, and the whole room was silent until he finished. Realizing she was smiling by the end of the song, Nicole quickly got a hold of herself and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear before clapping politely. He deserved a bigger clap, but she didn't want to over do it. Knowing that he was Bond just made things awkward now.

With numbers dwindling now, Mr. Q called Nicole up next to keep the ball rolling, and she made her way up to the stage. "I definitely don't have music with me..." She said before the instructor could even ask, and went over to plug her phone in. Chewing on her bottom lip for a moment as she riffled through her songs, the brunette finally landed on one she felt was suitable and took her place in front of the mic stand. She was used to performing in front of large crowds and had gotten over her stage fright long ago, but performing for such an intimate group was a little more intimidating. Instead of letting that get to her though, Nicole channeled her unease into determination to do well, and she gripped the stand with both hands as the song began and she started to sing.

Rather than lean into her background as a dancer, Nicole remained in place for the most part, accentuating the song with simple, but sensual movement of her hips and shoulders as she danced with the mic stand, adding the occasional well-timed flip of the hair to the beats. There was a sense of satisfaction out of seeing Mr. Q squirm a little under her gaze when she directed some of the song to him, and she gave him a sweet smile once it was over as she handed the mic back before returning to her spot.

Unremorseful

Glee Room

nine lives

CJ Barron

While C.J. had no intentions of partaking in this little sing along assignment himself, he was rather enjoying the mini concerts each of the other students were putting on. He liked listening to music as much as the next person, though his taste was a little darker, louder and more explicit than those songs being performed so far. C.J. had to admit, as much as it pained him, that he actually thought the songs were doing a pretty good job of telling him who each of his fellow glee members were.

Cassie's song wasn't a church song like he'd teased her about earlier, but it was soft and seemed to speak to the pressures she felt or put on herself. Maybe little miss perfect wanted a break from expectations...? Ella's song suited her too, as she sang about her new found independence and disregard for what others want her to do or be. Jax threw a bit of a curveball by playing the guitar, and C.J. had to give it to the geeky kid- he had talent. His song of course was quaint and innocent, but let the others know that Jax wasn't ashamed of who he was. And then the cheerleader's song showed no remorse for the reputation she'd gained at the school. Though, even as she leaned into the scandal, the burning of the witches lyric made C.J. wondered if maybe it was also her attempt to hint that the rumors weren't the truth.... But what did C.J. actually know? He was still high as fuck and might have been reading into all the songs too far.

The pot head chuckled when Mr. Q awkwardly coughed a little as Nicole finished her turn, and took advantage of the instructor's unease. "Yo, gotta take a piss..." He announced, hopping up from his chair and trotting over to the door. It was just down to him or Cole to go next, and C.J. was pretty sure he'd rather give up sex for the rest of the year than bare his soul to the others. He was just about to escape when Mr. Q stopped him.

Mr. Barron, why do I have the feeling that we won't be seeing you again if you leave through that door? The stoner froze, door handle in hand, and slowly turned in place to glance back at the teacher. "I don't know anything about your feelings, Mr. Q... Maybe you should sing about them next and you'll answer your own question?" He suggested, an impish grin on his face. "Actually, I feel like it would inspire a lot more confidence in us all if we knew our Glee mentor could actually sing? We haven't heard what kind of pipes you've got on you..." C.J. added, rambling what could very well be nothing but gibberish as he tried to redirect the focus from himself to Mr. Q. At first he'd just been looking for an excuse to leave, but now he really did have to pee. "I'll be back before you can even get to the second verse..."

Mr. Q didn't look convinced, and his calm exterior was beginning to crack a bit as his patience was tested. Maybe the instructor wasn’t always as pleasant as he seemed. Mr. Barron... You can use the restroom after we finish the assignment. And then, as if to punish C.J. and his bladder, the teacher looked to Coleson, holding out the mic to him. Fuck. The stoner made his way back to his seat, slumping down into it and crossing his arms. Hopefully the jock picked a short song.

Thoughtful

Glee Club

nine lives

Cassandra Blake
NOW PLAYING
skin by sabrina carpenter
MOOD
too fucking anxious
INTERACTIONS
everyone
Despite Cassie's love for singing, dancing, and music in general, her anxiety and general shyness usually kept her from performing in front of anybody. Even Cole had caught her in front of the mirror a few times, and she'd immediately stop upon noticing him. Getting up onstage even in this room was way beyond her comfort zone, even if her song was more of a slow ballad than a hip-shaker. But her voice was steady, even a tad bit sultry on a few of the more personal parts. Once the last note left her lips, she quickly grabbed her music to hurry offstage, only giving a slight moment of pause at the clapping she received. Though there was a heated blush on her face, there was also a small smile there as she slipped back into her seat.

Ella went next, and Cassie leaned forward in her seat, wanting to give the girl as much encouragement as she'd given Cassie. Clapping once she was done, it was now Jax's turn, and Cassie was definitely interested in hearing him and watching him play the guitar. She clapped for him as well, and even Nicole after her song. Now it was between CJ and Cole, though the former was trying to make a quick escape. Mr. Q wasn't having it though, and as he held out the mic to Cole, CJ slunked back into his seat. Good, because I'm not fetching him this time. Cassie thought to herself, turning her attention to Cole as he stood and headed onstage. He was the epitome of confidence in everything he did, and it was something that Cassie envied about her brother.

His song of choice intrigued her, and even though she knew he had a good voice as well, she still found herself listening intently just as she'd done with all the others. When he finished, Cassie's eyes automatically went to CJ. Would he sing? Or would he dip? Assuming he had as little choice to be here as any of the rest of them, she was curious as to what he'd do. Mr. Q took the mic back from Cole, and his eyes went to the stoner as well. "It would seem you're the last one, Mr. Barron. We're all waiting patiently." Cassie fixed Mr. Q with a flat expression that he wouldn't see, but she quickly averted her gaze just in case. A quick glance to the clock told her they still had some time. Could CJ draw things out until they were released? Her eyes dropped to him again, more interest showing on her face than she anticipated.

º º code by ditto º º

Coleson Blake
NOW PLAYING
i like me better by lauv
MOOD
amused
INTERACTIONS
everyone
Cole grinned almost immediately when he saw the look on Ella's face as he volunteered her to perform next. "Hate you too." He blew her a kiss, his lips spreading into another wide grin as he laced his fingers together and placed them behind his head. Though he wasn't really sure what he was expecting, he was a little surprised to hear the pipes coming from her. Not that he'd thought she would sound like a dying whale or anything, but her voice was nice. He liked it. Clapping enthusiastically when she finished, he winked at her as she made her way back to her seat. The nerd boy was next, followed by the cheerleader. Cole didn't have stage fright, so if he was next, he didn't mind. Before he could stand, though, it came to everyone's attention that CJ was trying to make a break for it.

After a quick back and forth between him and Mr. Q, he sat back down and Cole popped out of his seat. Grabbing the mic from Mr. Q, he followed Ella's example, using his phone to find the music he wanted. "We can't all be as prepared as Cass." He spoke into the mic, grinning at his sister who sank down in her seat. Chuckling, he pressed play and turned back to the others, his song beginning. He almost forgot what was happening as he sang, and before he knew it, the song was over. He tossed the mic up in the air and caught it, earning a disapproving look from the man behind the piano. Shrugging, he just slid his gaze over to the last person who needed to go, just as Mr. Q said something to the stoner. "Guess it's go big or go home." Cole smirked, hopping off the little stage to go set the mic in front of CJ.

After that, he headed back to the seats, plopping into the one next to Ella. "You did good up there." He nudged her knee with his own, leaning back and turning his attention to her. He wasn't sure what was going to happen with CJ and it being his turn to perform, but right now he was more interested in the dark haired beauty behind him. "When were you gonna tell me you sounded like that?" A sly smile appeared on his face as he studied her. "Though then again, it's never a bad thing to be surprised. Or..." He thought for a moment, holding up a finger. "Actually, I can think of a few situations where a surprise can be a bad thing. But this wasn't one of them." He looked back at the others for a moment before he glanced Ella's way again. "Think he's gonna go? Or run for the door? Twenty bucks he runs."

º º code by ditto º º

Ella Reed

The Wild Child

Mood:

amused

music room

Outfit:

Tags:

Cole ( apolla apolla ); Nicole ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

This whole event, or situation, or whatever polite name Ella could think of when looking around herself, it was reminding her of a too much organized shitshow and there was no one who actually enjoyed being there. Maybe Cassie. And maybe that geeky dude with a guitar. But other than that, it was a mix of people who did not mix together at all and Mr. Q expected them to get along. That was definitely not happening and Ella was more than sure that there were going to be mayhem, chaos, anger, a lot of emotions and maybe even blood. Whoever thought it was a good idea to trick these six individuals into coming here was gravely mistaken and they were going to regret it deeply. That thought was the only thing that put a smile on Ella’s face when she thought of glee club.

However, there was still a surprise coming her way. And it was in the form of the satisfaction she felt when she finished her solo. Ella knew she could sing. She knew she had the pipes to pull off a Miley song. But when she really got into it, when the second chorus hit, she truly unleashed her power and when she finished, feeling of accomplishing something washed over her, placing a small dreamy smile on her lips for a brief second before she realized where she was and replaced it with her usual resting bitch face which she carried back to her seat to watch next performances. Jax took it his own cutsie way and then it was Nicole’s turn and Ella watched her with arms crossed on her chest and biting the inside of her cheek. As much as she wanted to throw more snark out there, she remained quiet because one thing had to be admitted. Nicole was an amazing singer and knew how to handle herself. Even the song fit perfectly.

CJ was the next person to cause some commotion but he didn’t have to sing to do so. It was just his usual self and a sneaky attempt to get out but unfortunately for him, Mr. Q saw right through that and returned him to his seat before asking Cole to sing. The jock took the mic and Ella wondered what he was hiding in that throat. And that it was a damn show, Ella would never have guessed. She even found herself staring at Cole with her lips slightly parted. Another applause echoed in the music room when he finished and Mr. Q also looked incredibly satisfied with the composition of his group this year. Cole handed the mic to CJ. Ella turned around too to grin at her friend and tease. “Come on, man. Don’t be a pussy.” she chuckled and Mr. Q added his own call upon the designated troublemaker. “If you go now, Mr. Barron, we’ll all get out of here soon and our first session will be over.” he tried to motivate and Ella pressed her dark gaze into CJ, pleading, hoping she could leave the room sooner rather than later. The thought of her midnight Romeo was definitely not on her mind for now.

Jax Romero

The Geek

Mood:

embarrassed

music room

Outfit:

Tags:

Playing in front of the crowd was for sure one of those things Jackson dreaded the most. He never met with understanding before and even his friends wondered why he wanted to play guitar and hum songs so often instead of focusing on defeating Sauron with them. But Jax was nothing if not a jack of all trades and singing was one of those hobbies that calmed him down, it gave him this content feeling, warmed his heart and fed his soul. He was happy when he could just strum the strings of his old guitar in the privacy of the garden behind his family house and sing quiet tones of songs he rehearsed for no particular reason. But singing in front of five classmates and Mr. Q was totally different and he felt his anxiety crawl up his back, taking a seat on his shoulders to whisper scary thoughts in his ears.

But once he was there, he couldn’t go back. He had to do it. He had to show them there was more to him than just TV show T-shirts and stuttering verbal communication. He even closed his eyes before his fingers touched the strings and the song started, taking over him immediately, releasing the tension inside, making him instantly happier than he was before. The song was basically a description of who Jackson Romero was and it bared his soul to everyone in the room but Jax pushed through and finished it, letting out a long quiet sigh when setting the guitar aside.

Jax returned to his seat and gave Nicole a small sheepish smile, trying to compose a sentence in his head as he wanted to ask what she thought. But Mr. Q got in his way when he asked the brunette cheerleader to come up on the stage and grab the mic so Jax bit his tongue, sat back down and watched her performance which left him positively speechless. Her song took ahold of him, Jax looked like he was hypnotized by her voice, the way her hips swayed in the tones of her song and for the time being, everyone else became non-existent. Jax could only see Nicole and she turned into an ethereal being, luring him deeper into her net. Poor boy was tantalized by the popular girl and almost forgot to clap when she finished. Cole went after her but from that moment on, the Pope himself could appear on that stage in a hot dog costume and dance on his head and Jax would not pay any attention to him. Instead, he turned to Nicole and shook his head in disbelief. “That…was so beautiful. I didn’t know you could sing like that. You were so good up there. The best I think. You’re definitely in for a solo.” he ranted excitedly, his eyes glimmering with joy and his mind ignoring everyone and everything around them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back