• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy CCFA OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
So… Jaxon gets empowered by smiles?
wholesome
Yea, that's kind of his schtick

Also, I should note that Jaxon is NOT in a league of his own.

Even at his strongest possible power level at the moment and with his mental and emotional limitations ignored, Jaxon would lose to people who have the edge on him in terms of experience, such as Izuru or Namira, in one-on-one combat.

(Totally not a teaser for a future event)

Yea, that's kind of his schtick

Also, I should note that Jaxon is NOT in a league of his own.

Even at his strongest possible power level at the moment and with his mental and emotional limitations ignored, Jaxon would lose to people who have the edge on him in terms of experience, such as Izuru or Namira, in one-on-one combat.

(Totally not a teaser for a future event)
and also people who can shoot him
imagine Jaxon having all the powers in the world

but in 1 gunshot
he’s gone.

How does smile empowerment work? I didn’t really see it in his sheet
The only abilities I mentioned on his sheet is his summoning ability and his basic knowledge of potion creation, yea. He developed Smile Empowerment later on after having decided that he wants to see a world where everyone can smile.

To Jaxon, receiving a genuine smile (as a direct reaction to his actions) is an unspoken reward that establishes an emotional connection between him and the person involved. To explain it in a pseudoscientific way, the boost to Jaxon’s power level arises moreso from the rush of endorphins consequent to the feeling of accomplishment he experiences after having seen that smile. His magic circuits (the magical equivalent to muscles) then "remember" this rush and adapt to this swell in flow, increasing his ceiling permanently.

Hope that explained it better somewhat.

and also people who can shoot him
imagine Jaxon having all the powers in the world

but in 1 gunshot
he’s gone.
He is not Alex, that is true

At this point, he can suppress the pain of the gunshot a bit and if he has a potion prepared in advance, he can attempt to heal the wound through first aid like he did when he gave Alex the potion in the carriage, but he still runs on blood and like any human, he will die if he loses too much.

The only abilities I mentioned on his sheet is his summoning ability and his basic knowledge of potion creation, yea. He developed Smile Empowerment later on after having decided that he wants to see a world where everyone can smile.

To Jaxon, receiving a genuine smile (as a direct reaction to his actions) is an unspoken reward that establishes an emotional connection between him and the person involved. To explain it in a pseudoscientific way, the boost to Jaxon’s power level arises moreso from the rush of endorphins consequent to the feeling of accomplishment he experiences after having seen that smile. His magic circuits (the magical equivalent to muscles) then "remember" this rush and adapt to this swell in flow, increasing his ceiling permanently.

Hope that explained it better somewhat.
I see. Well I want to say that he cannot get any power from smeysya that way then. She doesn’t smile genuinely, she just minics a smile.

just something to note

I see. Well I want to say that he cannot get any power from smeysya that way then. She doesn’t smile genuinely, she just minics a smile.

just something to note
smesmya: smiles
jaxon: Something's wrong. I can feel it.

He is not Alex, that is true

At this point, he can suppress the pain of the gunshot a bit and if he has a potion prepared in advance, he can attempt to heal the wound through first aid like he did when he gave Alex the potion in the carriage, but he still runs on blood and like any human, he will die if he loses too much.
He is also very susceptible to dehydration, which is something I glossed over in the carriage scene. Like I said, his magical circuits are comparable to physical muscles, and constant use will cause him to let off excess energy in the form of "magical sweat", which he sometimes calls his "aura" because it sounds a lot less disgusting. The reason he fell unconscious in the carriage was almost entirely because of this weakness.

Summoning something that doesn't physically exist in the planet at the time of summoning (e.g.: not a living being or an already existing inanimate object) was too big a task for Jaxon and he overworked himself.

My goal for Smeysya is to make her just unsettling enough to raise eyebrows and thats it

Hello
I have returned

Last piece of Jaxon Theory I'll share for the moment unless asked. This is a spoiler for an event in Jaxon's near future so I'll leave it in a spoiler tag.

To summon things that don't exist in real life at the time of summoning, Jaxon has to use a special summoning (hehe, Special Summon) method called "projection", where he creates a magical construct from the ground up in the image of something he visualizes in his head. This is an extremely draining and counterproductive endeavor compared to summoning something that already physically exists, but the downsides can be circumvented somewhat by either using an appropriate catalyst (coughs in Alex's pin) or simply changing locations so the target is within summoning range once more.

Last piece of Jaxon Theory I'll share for the moment unless asked. This is a spoiler for an event in Jaxon's near future so I'll leave it in a spoiler tag.

To summon things that don't exist in real life at the time of summoning, Jaxon has to use a special summoning (hehe, Special Summon) method called "projection", where he creates a magical construct from the ground up in the image of something he visualizes in his head. This is an extremely draining and counterproductive endeavor compared to summoning something that already physically exists, but the downsides can be circumvented somewhat by either using an appropriate catalyst (coughs in Alex's pin) or simply changing locations so the target is within summoning range once more.
like green lantern or actual summoning things from nothing? solus basically has the same thing as this

hmmm
any votes for me developing Morgan’s powers?
it could be interesting

lil berserker thing where he can summon strength, speed, and enhanced healing in bursts that can exhaust him into collapsing if he doesn't use it wisely (for lil bits of flavor the more strength and speed and enhanced healing that he takes on, the more wolflike his appearance becomes). Also slight emotional manipulation where he can project emotions with his voice though this is more for flavor than anything else
Summons lil balls of light and mist, once he covers a place with mist, he can create shadowy illusions that dissipate when intereacted with. Also very good at navigating forests. Can go in and out of the fae realms unquestioned. In the fae realm, can create illusions that can actually be interacted with. If he learns of someone's name then he can control them but this only works in the realm of the fair folk. However, he cannot cross salt lines, iron (pure iron) burns him, and if someone learns his true name and commands him do to something using it no matter where they are, he must obey.

like green lantern or actual summoning things from nothing? solus basically has the same thing as this
It's a lot like the green lantern actually. He isn't "creating matter", he's making a magical construct out of solidifying his own life force. So his resource pool is (very) limited, but if he can visualize a vivid-enough image of a working gun, for example, he can successfully pull the trigger and fire it. However:

A) He'd need to have innate knowledge of the inner mechanisms of the weapon, something he doesn't have right now.

And B) To successfully produce the chemical reaction that ignites the "gunpowder" construct, he'll need to expend energy. It's not as simple as pulling the trigger.

Since we are talking about developing our Oc's powers,
at some point I want to make it to where Winter can talk to Oceanic Animals.
At the moment she can only talk to animals that live on land, so i was thinking, what if she pushed herself to where she could talk to animals that live both on land and the water?

hmmm
any votes for me developing Morgan’s powers?
it could be interesting
I have an idea for a Morgan power!

(You know, aside from being able to hear/sense wifi, 5G, and/or radio waves like I joked the other day)

I call it "Killer Wail", but the typical term for it is "Sonic Scream" (Sonic Boom?) Produces sound waves at such strong frequencies that it can physically affect and even damage or destroy the environment. Based off of how bats Screech loudly enough that the sound waves bounce off objects, allowing them to "see" in the dark.

Since we are talking about developing our Oc's powers,
at some point I want to make it to where Winter can talk to Oceanic Animals.
At the moment she can only talk to animals that live on land, so i was thinking, what if she pushed herself to where she could talk to animals that live both on land and the water?
Suggestion since Jaxon can also learn powers from his classmates

Maybe have Winter ask Marianna to teach her? It sounds like a great plot idea, since Marianna is a mermaid and they're already friends with each other.

Suggestion since Jaxon can also learn powers from his classmates

Maybe have Winter ask Marianna to teach her? It sounds like a great plot idea, since Marianna is a mermaid and they're already friends with each other.
I like that idea!

BEHOLD, USELESS INFORMATION!!!!!

Morgan power time baby

So, as we know, Morgan’s main power is to see ghosts, but it’s kinda useless and only serves as torment after selling his soul to the devil (more on his backstory soon don’t worry bbs)

But what if… There was a side effect that made him stronger AND weaker at the same time?…

I present to you, THE ROT! (Very clever name I know)

But now, what is the rot?

the rot (how many times am I going to say this) is a curse?.. Spell? That grants those who have it more strength and power, but it is also a sickness, as it injuries them (Just imagine like an rpg, each dawn, those infected with rot suffer -1 health.) Every dawn.

Morgan gets +1 rot every dusk, but it also depends on how much of an… asshole he’s been that day. (For example, today he shot Alex, meaning he gets +2 rot this night, leaving him with 3 rot.) The more violent he is, the more it fuels, but also the more it damages him in the morning.

And there’s more, when Morgan successfully gains 5 rot, he becomes corrupted, increasing his strength more, but him gaining +2 rot as default every night.

Apart from injuries, other side effects include: One or more body parts turning dark purple, vomiting or spitting weir dark-ish things, and increased chances of death.

BEHOLD, USELESS INFORMATION!!!!!

Morgan power time baby

So, as we know, Morgan’s main power is to see ghosts, but it’s kinda useless and only serves as torment after selling his soul to the devil (more on his backstory soon don’t worry bbs)

But what if… There was a side effect that made him stronger AND weaker at the same time?…

I present to you, THE ROT! (Very clever name I know)

But now, what is the rot?

the rot (how many times am I going to say this) is a curse?.. Spell? That grants those who have it more strength and power, but it is also a sickness, as it injuries them (Just imagine like an rpg, each dawn, those infected with rot suffer -1 health.) Every dawn.

Morgan gets +1 rot every dusk, but it also depends on how much of an… asshole he’s been that day. (For example, today he shot Alex, meaning he gets +2 rot this night, leaving him with 3 rot.) The more violent he is, the more it fuels, but also the more it damages him in the morning.

And there’s more, when Morgan successfully gains 5 rot, he becomes corrupted, increasing his strength more, but him gaining +2 rot as default every night.

Apart from injuries, other side effects include: One or more body parts turning dark purple, vomiting or spitting weir dark-ish things, and increased chances of death.
Have you played the Megaman Battle Network games for the GBA? Cause that power reminds me of the DarkChip mechanic from those games, especially when you mentioned that the more Morgan uses that power, the faster his health (HP) deteriorates permanently.

Have you played the Megaman Battle Network games for the GBA? Cause that power reminds me of the DarkChip mechanic from those games, especially when you mentioned that the more Morgan uses that power, the faster his health (HP) deteriorates permanently.
well, it’s not like if he has 11/11 health he’ll have 10/10 the next day, it’s kinda like he’ll have 10/11 next day
and no, not really, I’ll check it out tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back