• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Casual Partner for a High Fantasy Roleplay

Arachne

Hey all! Just wanted to mention a few things before I get into what I'm looking for. I'm going into my senior year of high school, and I'm taking classes at my local college. On top of that, I work weekends and volunteer afternoons. So I don't have a significant amount of spare time. But I do have some. My replies could take a while, and I might have to drop roleplays as I have in the past. Just a heads up.

Anyways. I'm only interested in a few kinds of roleplays at the moment, all of them set in high fantasy worlds. I'll describe some different ideas for you:
  • A traditional questing roleplay. We'd be two members of a group, or maybe just a duo, on an epic quest or doing odd jobs for money. I've been listening to the "Adventures in Questing" podcast, as well as "High Rollers DnD," and they've really influenced this craving. I won't be using a role-playing game system like they do because I don't know any, but if you're willing to teach I'll give it a shot.
  • A world that's immersive but has a few MMORPG elements. I really like the setting of "Hai to Gensou no Grimgar." It's realistic in the places that it should be, and people actually die when they take fatal wounds. But it also has fun little additions to the world, like classes and skills and a guild to hone your abilities at.
  • Something set in a fairly serious and solemn world, but with some lighthearted, wacky character(s) to throw things off balance. "The Godking's Legacy" irked me at times, but made me smile. Roleplaying in this way could take us down some less-traveled paths.
  • If you think we might jell or have your own ideas, feel free to let me know! I'm always open to suggestions.

I'm not particular about grammar and literacy, post length, or use of BBcode. Roleplays can be done in a thread, or in private; it's all up to you! Interested, want to work on an idea more, or want to propose your own ideas? Reply to this thread, and I'll probably message you.

(Links available for all mentioned media. Just give me a shout.)

I quite like the idea of wacky characters is a serious world! Seems way up my street. Also if you're interested in D&D I could maybe help with that?

Hey! I’m a DnD player and I’ve been tuning into to dnd podcasts as well, and playing often so I’ve been craving the same kind of roleplay as the questing roleplay. We don’t have to do it DnD style with dice either! I’d be interested if you’re still searching!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back