• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

CardCaptor Duel Monster Wars (( Cardcaptor Sakura + Yugioh))

Shin Positron Laser

Guardian of the Old Ways
First off, this RP was inspired by this awesome random parody I saw on youtube. Get on the hype train ladies and gentlemen.

[media]

[/media]

The year is 20XX. Maximillion Pegasus has just finished creating his life's masterpiece, Duel Monsters TCG. Men and women of all ages fall in love with this game of cards. Soon however, his millennium eye shows him a vision of the future. The vision depicts a world at war with Duel monsters, real live monsters from the cards. The vision ends with the obliteration of mankind and the start of the reign Shadows.

He realizes the cards he created are acting as conduits, to bring the shadow realm monsters into the modern world. Knowing he must combat this before tragedy befalls the world, he travels in search of Shadi, keeper of the millennium items. Once found, Shadi bestows upon him 3 Millennium Orbs and the Millennium Ring. Pegasus is to give each orb to a person that his Millennium Eye will show him.The Orbs will allow the user to fight and eventually seal Shadow Realm Monsters.

Shadi sent Pegasus to the Tomb Keepers for his next destination. The Tomb Keepers instructed Pegasus to create 'Soul Cards'. Which will be used to Capture the Shadow Realm Monsters. Once all the monsters are captured they are to be sealed within the Tomb of King Atem for all time.

(( Note: A basic knowledge of both anime's and the YUGIOH TCG would help speed things for interested ones but it is not necessary.))

Duel Monsters Battle Mechanics

Types of Duels:

Minor Card Captor Duel: These Duels are done with the monster as an NPC. Players take turns using the monster actions against themselves and/or others, group etc.

Major Card Captor Duel: These Duels are done with a member using the monster for battle.

VS Monster Duel : TBD

Dueling:

Life Points: Summon Monster and Shadow Monster life points are measured by the number of stars each monster has respectively. When the stars reach zero, Summons are unsummon and Shadow monsters can be sealed.

Attacking:

Higher ATK Monster: If your monster attacks another monster whose DEF power is HIGHER than your ATK, the attack does no star damage.

Lower ATK Monster: If your monster attacks another monster whose DEF power is LOWER than your ATK, the attack does 1 star damage.

Same ATK Monster: If your monster attacks another monster whose DEF power is EQUAL to your ATK, the attack does 1 star damage.

2X Higher ATK Monster: If your monster attacks another monster whose DEF power DOUBLE than yours, you take 1 star damage

Defending:

Higher DEF Monster: If your monster defends another monster whose ATK power is HIGHER than your DEF, the attack does 2 star damage.

Lower DEF Monster: If your monster defends another monster whose ATK power is LOWER than your DEF, the attack does 1 star damage.

Same DEF Monster: If your monster defends another monster whose ATK power is EQUAL to your DEF, the attack does 1 a star damage.

2X Higher DEF Monster: If your monster defends another monster whose ATK power DOUBLE than your DEF, the attack does 4 damage.

Clash: If both sides choose to ATK. Roll 2 6 sided dice. Top = yours, Bottom = enemy. Whoever is higher wins the clash.

If you win you do 1 star damage.

If you lose, you get 2 star damage.

Cards:

Characters can purchase a maximum of 12 Cards via the games mechanics. In Card Captor Duels however, a character is limited to 2 monsters 2 traps and 2 spells. Between each CCD, characters can switch to use other cards ( This is done IN-GAME and OOC ), but once locked into a duel cards cannot be switched out.

Monsters: Monster Cards you summon remain in Duel until either the following happens:

1. You switch out your monster for a reserve monster.

2. You defeat the Shadow Monster.

3 You lose a battle against the Shadow Monster.

Magic and Trap:

These Cards are 1 use only.

When you roll SUCCESS numbers, you activate the card. They cannot be used again in the same duel.

When you roll FAILURE numbers, you do not activate the card. You may attempt 1 more roll.

DICE:

Dice determine if your ATK or DEF is successful. It also does the same of NPC or PC monsters.

When Rolling for your monster, ATK and DEF, use 10 sided dice. 6 and higher is SUCCESS. 5 and Lower is FAILURE

When Rolling for NPC monster, ATK and DEF, use 6 sided dice. 4 and higher is SUCCESS. 3 and Lower is FAILURE

Spell Cards: Roll 10 sided die. ODDS are SUCCESS. EVENS are FAILURE.

Trap Cards: Roll 10 sided die. EVENs ARE SUCCES. ODDS are FAILURE.

Player:

As the Shadow Realm Monsters manifest in real life, they are able to affect their surroundings including severely hurting the player instead of their monster. Players are only afforded 2 Stars for themselves with no ATK or DEF. Monsters, Spells and Traps, are the only means to avoid receiving damage.

Posting:

Obviously there is only so much you are allotted to do in a single post.

1. To determine who goes first GM will roll dice according to players and Shadow Monsters.

2. You can either ATK or DEF in a post, you cannot do both, unless said otherwise.

These are used to purchases anything from the TCG Shop.

Posting Milestones:

Every 10 posts in IC rewards all players with 5 points.

Every 25 posts in OoC rewards all players with 2 points.

IC Victories:

The amount of points gained from VICTORIES result from the total number of stars the opponent had X 2

TCG Shop

This place is where you purchase Cards, Abilities and Privileges using your 'Points'

'Points' are gained through RP participation and Monster Victories.

+ 1 Card: Add 1 Monster/Spell/Trap card to your personal list either purchased from the GM or your own creations.

Price: 10

More to come.

GM Pre-Approved Cards list:

More to come.

If you are seriously interested in this RP I would very much like your help. It will be a simple, fun DICE involved RP. Collect, trade, battle and whatnot! Please consider the following steps if you are hyped with me!

1. Read the Mechanics to see if they are easy for you to grasp.

2. Start working on a character using the Character sheet below.

3. Have fun searching for cards. ( because of the simple layout, real game mechanics can hardly come into play, sorry for your yugioh TCG players )

4. Post here! And ask questions.

5. I'll try to link you all to a convo and if enough interest comes I'll create a thread.

Character Sheet:

Character Picture: ( No RL images )

Name:

Country of Origin:

Biography:

Soul Mate: (This is the monster which manifests from the Heart. This monster will be present in all battles against the Shadow Realm Monsters. Only 4 stars or lower. The monster you choose as a soul mate has +1 star )

Deck: ( Your Deck consists of your Soul Mate and monsters, Trap and magic cards you request from Pegasus. )

Monsters: (Soul Mate + 2 more, Select monsters from yugioh TCG. When choosing the monster, you may use the ability the monster may already have in the real card, or create an ability from scratch relating to the monster. 4 Stars or lower. )

Magic: ( 1 ) ( Please use the ability of the card)

Traps: ( 1 ) ( Please use the ability of the card)

vinom said:
Dibs on playing Duke Devlin the only man in existence too cool for cards!
Sure. Maybe I should have said this before, but its an alternate universe, and while yugioh characters can be played, one can also create their character from scratch.

This sounds very interesting, not to mention a major nostalgia trip. Even if I don't join, I'll at least stick around, and watch or help out when I can.

I'm a bit confused about the whole star damage mechanics, and how attack and defense don't sync up. Can i get clarification?

Marasai said:
This sounds very interesting, not to mention a major nostalgia trip. Even if I don't join, I'll at least stick around, and watch or help out when I can.
Nice I do appreciate any support friend!

vinom said:
I'm a bit confused about the whole star damage mechanics, and how attack and defense don't sync up. Can i get clarification?
I was trying to find a more simplified approach to the battle while using the dice as part of the game.

I should really test these mechanics out. So here goes.

Let's use

Kuriboh.= 1 star monster

Kuriboh-YSYR-EN-C-1E.png

v.s.

Celtic Guardian = 4 star monster

Normally, if the Celtic Guardian attacks Kuriboh in ATK or DEF mode Kuriboh goes to the graveyard.

If vice versa Kuriboh attacks, the result is destruction with CG in ATK or loss of life points if CG in DEF.

Now the way the mechanics work is that the cards are, the Stars represent the 'life counter' of the monster.

Let's say

Kuriboh ATK = roll = Roll Success

followed by

Celtic Guardian DEF = Roll = Roll Success

Result: Both monsters are alive and no one loses points, per the rules.

Now Let's say

Celtic Guardian ATK = roll = Roll Success

followed by

Kuriboh DEF = roll = Roll Success

Result: Kuriboh is destroyed as Celtic Guardian does 2 stars of damage against Kuriboh's 1 star life.

I can almost see where problems may arise in these duels... so I am trying to simplify things even more

Thanks for the inquiry!

ok, then what about all those spells and effects that deal damage besides monster attacks?

vinom said:
ok, then what about all those spells and effects that deal damage besides monster attacks?
The vast majority of monster effects from the TCG will be excluded for simplicity. However I do want to allow members to create an effect for their monsters or 'soul mates'

Spell and Trap effects that deal with destroying monsters will have to be rewritten or just excluded as the goal is to 'Seal' the monsters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back