Opinion Card game anime

KirienIsamu

a determined artist
Do you think anyone would watch a card game anime based more realisticly on the game itself and the characters playing it or do you think the old yugioh format of 'the fate of the world rests on a childrens card game' plot is superior?

My answer to that will be "Chihayafuru".
The anime is based on a realistic card game 'karuta'. And is exactly about the characters learning to play it, playing it, going to competitions.
Very fun and exciting to watch. I enjoyed it a lot.
So to answer your question, yes.

Yeah. Even the most mundane things can be made into great stories with the right perspective. I am currently reading a manga like that right now in fact, called "Destroy all of HUmanity, it cannot be regenerated" and it's just about two nineties highschool students enjoying occasional store MTG games while one of them tries to keep it a secret from their classmates. It's nice and simple, and granted it has a little too much nostalgia goggles effect, but it is still a good read and I'm sure could make for a good anime too, as a token of example.

Yes, for sure a lot of people would. In fact, I wish there were more anime like that. Just quiet slice of life anime with the plus that they're playing a game. Oh, and there's an anime like that about girls who play tabletop games which will air next season, I think. I'll definitely be checking it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back