• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Can You Save Me, Brother?

Should we add a simple 5-stat dice system to this RP?

• Yes, do it. The element of chance makes it more fun.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, dice make it too complicated, I'd rather just have a good story.

• Don't really care.

• Total voters
AnimeliaAnimalia said:
Thanks for clearing up the thing about powers, that makes more sense now :)
Ah, but I'm still curious about the aliens.
Think every Zombie B-Movie ever, person dies, they are infected, they rise from the dead as mindless terror and live forever until their skin decays off or they are destroyed by

A.) Bullets + zombie brain

B.) Fire + zombie everything

C.) Explosive or physical dismemberment + zombie anything

D.) All of the above.

Take your pick :D

Stickdom said:
Think every Zombie B-Movie ever, person dies, they are infected, they rise from the dead as mindless terror and live forever until their skin decays off or they are destroyed by
A.) Bullets + zombie brain

B.) Fire + zombie everything

C.) Explosive or physical dismemberment + zombie anything

D.) All of the above.

Take your pick :D
I myself choose all of the above as in E.) All of the above, meaning I get to do A, B, and C twice X3

I literally have five stats in mind:

1. -Strength: Obviously anything involving the physical. Would also attribute to most Innate or Hypernatural abilities, anything having to do with physical reality, internal or external.
  2. -Mentality: Smarts and mental acuity, solving problems or puzzles. This is the stat that Psionics and Cybers would use for their powers.
  3. -Spirit: This is more internal strength, like your force of will. Keeps you from going crazy or succumbing to paralyzing fear, also the stat that Paranormals and Cosmics use in their powers.
  4. -Combat: How good you are at fighting. This is separate from other stats since you can still be good at fighting even if you aren't physically strong. Used for hitting and dodging attacks.
  5. -Specialty: This is your character's niche, whatever it is. If your character is a computer nerd, this can become "Hacking", or if you're good at lasting among the ruins, "Survival". a soldier "Marksman" or "Martial Arts" Whatever you choose replaces "Specialty" and that becomes your stat.

There would be a few other numbers, like Health, Armor, Sanity, but those are much simpler and easy to dish out. What do you guys think, stats or no? I'll put a poll at the top and you guys vote on it.

Dagfinn said:
What's going on in the fanbase?
Well there was the painting of maggie that Michelle did and it was sort of kind of nude and people started calling her a pervert so she drew more paintings of her characters nude. People drove her off tumblr and people are angry updates have been slowed and she is still doing kickstarter and blah blah blah. I read something the other day that actually said Michelle was a disgusting piece of trash soooo.... generally people are just being shitty.

Ah fuck em, I've never really seen a good fandom. All the crazies are the loudest unfortunately.

I tried to be apart of the Steven Universe fandom on tumblr, but they're all shit heads too.

I actually remember that painting! I thought it was well painted, I'm pretty sure that falls under the description of 'Tasteful Nude". Wasn't even that graphic.

I hope the kickstarter goes well, I'd donate but I can't so... Eh, I suppose.

Dagfinn said:
Ah fuck em, I've never really seen a good fandom. All the crazies are the loudest unfortunately.
I tried to be apart of the Steven Universe fandom on tumblr, but they're all shit heads too.

I actually remember that painting! I thought it was well painted, I'm pretty sure that falls under the description of 'Tasteful Nude". Wasn't even that graphic.

I hope the kickstarter goes well, I'd donate but I can't so... Eh, I suppose.
Well The one you saw with the fruit was the reaction to the first one. The first one she was fully clothed, but her dress was slightly see-through.

whitefoxkiller said:
Well The one you saw with the fruit was the reaction to the first one. The first one she was fully clothed, but her dress was slightly see-through.
Oh! I didn't see that one.

Still, they're shitty people.

Hey @Stickdom how would you feel about a berserker character? Like a soldier who, when they're mad, gains great strength or enhanced senses and/or their appearance changes? Oh and about the android. I would want him/her to have emotions, just because it would be so much easier to play. I'd also choose shape shifting over the skill retention thing, so could you sagest some weaknesses?

magnolia_by_robotmichelle-d8oeqs4.png
this is the "retouched" photo Michelle put up on dA. before there was a lot more transparency in the dress. We should probs stop talking about this here though, it's quite off-topic and I don't want to crowd stick's forum.

Okay guys, I finally got the CS page set up, I think I got everything :D Just a note, those Accordion tabs, there are several of them, so don't just copy the first block of CS you see, I made it easy for you at the bottom :3

Can You Save Me, Brother? | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

the information referenced in the CS, like where it says to go look at the Mechanics page, is obviously not complete, but I'll be getting to that over the next day or so, don't you worry :D

whitefoxkiller said:
Hey @Stickdom how would you feel about a berserker character? Like a soldier who, when they're mad, gains great strength or enhanced senses and/or their appearance changes? Oh and about the android. I would want him/her to have emotions, just because it would be so much easier to play. I'd also choose shape shifting over the skill retention thing, so could you sagest some weaknesses?
That would be under Innate powers, if they are a Gifted One. If they are just a normal guy/gal who gets super angry when they fight, it'd just be a mental thing. Either way, I'm cool with it, it's still a good character trope :D

The android can have emotions, certainly, but they'd either be really weak and half-hearted emotions if it was an Earth-tech android, since technology hasn't really had the chance to evolve for the past 100 years, or they would be totally foreign and different emotions from a human's perspective if it was an alien android, since it doesn't really understand an Earthlings emotional capabilities or limits.

Shape shifting would be easy for an android equipped for it, it would be capable of creating or removing certain features from itself, but it couldn't just change into whatever it wanted to. Each form would have a benefit and a weakness, like creating tentacles, good for grabbing and climbing and swimming, bad for moving anywhere fast; or enlarging its legs for faster movement, good for running and jumping, but they'd be long and heavy, it would need super balance and even then it would be difficult to move in any direction but straight forward. The more features the android has equipped at once, the weaker it would be, since it would have to split its power between running them all. So, it's a balance between function and form, you'd have to come up with what it was capable of and what its limits were, but other than that, it's totally acceptable if you want to do it :)

Dagfinn said:
I have no clue what to do
If you like them, you can take either of my ideas, the berserker or the android. I'll just do the other one of whatever you picked. I really don't mind since i can't seem to make up my mind either way.

Nothing against your ideas

But I like to have my own ideas to make my characters

Usually when I use others ideas, my character just doesn't feel as good to play as.

Dagfinn said:
Nothing against your ideas
But I like to have my own ideas to make my characters

Usually when I use others ideas, my character just doesn't feel as good to play as.
I get that completely, that's why I'm not a fan of those Rps where the GM gives you a set of characters, anyway were all here if you'd like to brainstorm.

whitefoxkiller said:
I get that completely, that's why I'm not a fan of those Rps where the GM gives you a set of characters, anyway were all here if you'd like to brainstorm.
True true. Feel free to bounce off ideas with us~ :) @Dagfinn

whitefoxkiller said:
*To be clear, I meant the whole character, not an outline. Outlines are fine. I'm only clarifying because I'm doing an rp right now where it has loosely outlined characters, y'know, tropes and stuff.

Dagfinn said:
*Has no ideas*
(*^*)

p0tat0
Do you have any OCs from a different story you wrote a different time or like an OC from a series (video game, show, comic whatever) that you could adapt and mold into this story?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back