• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Califresco PD: Magical Crimes Unit

On contemplation I think I'm going to go with the second one. Every roleplay needs at least one arrogant asshole PC to ensure things stay interesting.

Well, JayTee called the consultant in his very first post, so you may have to go with something more mundane.

Righto. Arrogant ex-corp exec still works, mind, just without Magic. You can always have spent a small fortune on biomods or augmentations.

Hang on, I have some sample characters...

Here! Bleeding Edge PCs

Yeah, it's one of four or five I have floating around here, and the system is my own design, too.

That's cool. When it comes to stuff like that, I like to to think I have the creativity and imagination needed, but I don't have the patience to sit down and make all the rules

Been thinking on it with my minimal knowledge of this setting and system(had to Stop reading due to school work) perhaps I could go full on magibiotech myself? A suit that functions like a sort of exoskeleton(think fallout power armor... yes I'm playing that right now) but instead of something one could wear, the person is forced to stay within, still working on why(sickness, body is crippled, perhaps a robotic A.I inhabiting it)

In truth it's abit bare bones, would probably be more of a tank then a fighter, maybe have technology use be important to it.

If this gets the ol' thumbs up I'll give it more thought on the thing, robots are usually fun to play if you make them the innocent type, want to see the world, maybe try out this eatting thing.

Sullivanity said:
That's cool. When it comes to stuff like that, I like to to think I have the creativity and imagination needed, but I don't have the patience to sit down and make all the rules
It takes a lot of patience, a lot of testing, and a lot of reading and playing other games. Probably easier if you have the money to employ a writing and design team.

Orikanyo said:
Been thinking on it with my minimal knowledge of this setting and system(had to Stop reading due to school work) perhaps I could go full on magibiotech myself? A suit that functions like a sort of exoskeleton(think fallout power armor... yes I'm playing that right now) but instead of something one could wear, the person is forced to stay within, still working on why(sickness, body is crippled, perhaps a robotic A.I inhabiting it)
In truth it's abit bare bones, would probably be more of a tank then a fighter, maybe have technology use be important to it.

If this gets the ol' thumbs up I'll give it more thought on the thing, robots are usually fun to play if you make them the innocent type, want to see the world, maybe try out this eatting thing.
Hrm. One of the example characters is a detective who suffered 80% third-degree burns and now wears and exoskeleton a la Robocop, so this is pretty workable. I'm reluctant to allow an AI at this time because that kind of things risks becoming a focal point of the story.

Hmm, sure, let's go with that, a pity about the A.I, an insaitably curious robot wanting in on just about everything it really can't experience.

I shall give this more thought.

Aaah... crap... sorry grey looks like yea got your first leaver of the game, schedule's filling faster then... something that fills really fast, not up for comedy right now, sorry, it is what it is.

Tá brón orm. I thought I suggested that I wouldn't have had much time for another game... nevertheless, if you would like to give me a niche (or particular character to fulfill) I could come up a concept, since there is prior experience to build upon. That being said, I think I could easily run with the "Jensen"/"Major" characterisation.

Oh, sorry, I misread your original post. If you haven't the time that's grand.

It is indeed still open - I've only got two potential characters so far, I'd like to have at least four.

Do I need to get the main thread up to motivate the rest of you?

I'm still interested. Just waiting on a thread so I can throw up a character.

Also, it is a holiday week over in the states, so people might be busy.

[Yay for me posting later than I probably should have!]

I'd be interested in joining if your still accepting people.

We definitely are. I think we have 2, and 3-4 are preferred.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong game. We have a few in the works, but 6 are preferred.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Random Word]We definitely are. I think we have 2, and 3-4 are preferred.
EDIT: Whoops, wrong game. We have a few in the works, but 6 are preferred.

[/QUOTE]
Ah, as long as there's a slot that wasn't promised to someone in a sense, then I suppose I can start figuring out something in terms of a character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cap said:
Ah, as long as there's a slot that wasn't promised to someone in a sense, then I suppose I can start figuring out something in terms of a character.
You are definitely welcome and there's definitely room. I believe I have 3 guaranteed, one likely, right now? So adding you works out nicely.

Grey said:
You are definitely welcome and there's definitely room. I believe I have 3 guaranteed, one likely, right now? So adding you works out nicely.
Then count me in, I already am figuring character ideas as I type this.

Though, my ideas are pretty bad seeing how I need to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back