• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Caeldwell School for the Arcane

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Ghul

Haunted and Beautiful.
Hey everyone!

This Rp is something of a twist on the traditional 'School for the gifted' or 'School for the magical', wherein it sort of blends both properties.

Students will already have been screened and graded before attending Caeldwell, then assigned a Class.
The five classes are:

Elemental
Conjurer
Changer
Talker
Mystic

Certain abilities do require a sub-class be granted as well.

Caeldwell is situated in a remote location, hidden away from most of society. It's facilities are expansive - and the general public has no idea the true goings on of the school. Here we go:

Orientation day. Orientation day. Orientation day.

Isaac couldn't get the words out of his head. By the time he sat up in his dorm bed, he'd already been awake for forty minutes listening to the bustle of new and old students alike, mingling in the courtyard outside his window. For awhile, he'd found pulling his pillow over his head was effective, but once the courtyard games and activites had started - all hope was lost.

His door opened, and in walked his roommate. Toby. A shorter, slim boy with ginger hair and glasses, smiling broadly. He wore an 'Orientation Day' T-shirt, and was holding a half-eaten corndog.

"Isaac! C'mon man, you gotta get up! Did you forget today was orientation day?" He took a big bite of corndog, dribbling ketchup down his shirt. "There'f fo many new feople out fhere!"

Isaac blinked. "Chew, Tobes. And no I didn't forget. How could anyone forget - there's literally three flyers pinned to our door."

Toby chewed quickly and swallowed, eyeing the door. "Oh, haha. RIght. Anyways, go shower! You're an Honored. An ambassador of our school - you've gotta get down there."

"I know, I know." Isaac said, pulling himself out of bed and stretching. Given the current tussled state of his hair, and the white T-shirt and striped boxers he wore - he doubted he looked much like an Honored.

"Hurry up!" Toby said, crossing to his own bed and grabbing his phone off the charger. "At least put pants on! Now I'll see you down there - if you don't get motivated, you're gonna miss all the corndogs!"

With that, he was gone.

"Oh no... not the corndogs..." Isaac said sarcastically, now alone in the room, grabbing his towel and toiletry bag. The moment he stepped outside his dorm room into the hall, orientation day continued to prove tiresome. The halls were already crowded; people running and laughing, standing idly and small talking. Newcomers were easily spotted, recognizable by how lost and helpless they already looked.

He sighed, putting his foot to the boy's bathroom door and leaned back, pressing inside. Once showered, and after having survived the mad scramble back to his dorm room, Isaac pulled on his Honored uniform in front of the mirror. Stylish black dress pants and shoes, with a sleek, collared white shirt. He lifted his neck, fastening and tying a silver tie, and completed the outfit by slipping on a black vest, complete with ivory buttons. He ran his fingers through his styled, sandy blond hair, and met his own gaze in the mirror - his storm-blue eyes sizing himself up.

I look stuck up as hell, he thought, remembering how hard he'd worked the year before to gain 'Honored' status. Now, seeing himself, and knowing those whose company he kept- he wasn't sure it mattered.

Well, time to go meet the fresh meat.

So many smells here that was the thought that ran through Killian's head as he looked around the courtyard, his green eyes took in all the new sights and people. Apparently this new place was called Caeldwell School, and it was absolutely full of people. Killian hadn't even known that this many people existed on the planet let alone that so many of them would come together to come to a school. Killian had to admit he liked this place a lot more then the past few more places he and his sister had been before, he just wished Charlotte seemed to agree. His sister was sitting under the shadow of one of the courtyard's walls and throwing the other people around them suspicious glares. "I don't like this. There's too many" Charlotte hissed.

"They haven't done anything to you, be nice" Killian replied to his sister. Killian knew she didn't much like their new way of life, for so long it'd just been the two of them so to be around so many new people was obviously jarring, not to mention the major lifestyle changes they'd gone through since being found.

"They haven't had a chance to do anything yet. I don't understand why we have to look like this... I feel clumsy, blind and deaf" Charlotte complained again. There it was Charlotte's main complaint about their new lifestyle. Killian giggled a little bit.

"You also said that this place smells bad, so if we weren't like this right now it'd just be worse, and sometimes people get scared when they see tigers. They're people not wolves nobody's going to attack you. They're going to start talking soon want to play that game they taught us to pass the time"? Killian asked taking a seat beside her. Charlotte brought her legs up and rested her chin on her knees.

"Eye spy"? Charlotte asked raising an eyebrow. Killian nodded. Charlotte sighed before grinning just a little, her blue eyes looked around the courtyard. "I spy with my little eye something... Green". Charlotte said looking around the courtyard.

"My eyes"? Killian guessed raising his arms up, Charlotte always started with that. She thought because he couldn't see them he wouldn't guess them.

Charlotte looked into the air. "Maaaaybe".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back