• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic c o ɴ т ɪ ɴ υ ɪ т ʏ ║ κɪɴтsυɢɪ

CupAndCough

Sought Hope Here, Became Blind To It

[/COLOR]

---- C O N T I N U I T Y--- ---K--I--N--T--S--U--G--I
1 x 1 | Thriller, Supernatural, Sci-fi, Horror, Psychological, Mystery | Seeking Partner
S U M M A R Y

Warning: The Content within this roleplay, while within RPN's rule is not for the faint of heart. It will delve deep into body, psychological and general horror. Gore and its ilk will not be uncommon. You have been warned.

[ Not Everying Is As What It Seems ] || In this story of CONTINUITY, two wayward souls find themselves in cells that face another. These padded, bland, monotone, and simple cells with nary a window letting in comforting ambient light confine them against their will. They realize that with history, memory, or purpose to recall for them being here they attempt to learn as much as they can from each other and their own self. They have been mutilated and violated, their bodies etched with deep, but healed, sutures for surgery. The lines of incision follow the lines of veins and vital organs. However the strangest feature of their tampered with bodies is a massive replacement.

Their Heart. The shock is proceded with another harrowing discovery, A Golden Organ and Golden Veins have replaced many of their circulatory system. It beats with such ferocity that seems like it desires to escape and live outside the cage of bone and sinew. With each beat a dim light shines through their replaced veins.

Placed above this organ is a tattoo. A brand. A catagorized symbol:

Where has their organs and systems gone? Who would devise such a monstrous plot to surgically remove such an important organ? Or better yet....Why are they alive?

Try as they might, they will not leave these cells--or will they? Above the confines of their cells they hear the faint rapture of chaos and disorder. Something Amiss? Whatever has happened the energies and security of the complex have dimmed for a moment. At first the two thought themselves alone, they would be corrected as they hear the clamour of liberated voices. Some literate, some giving allusion to that of wild beasts and guttaral ramblings of a clergy madmen.

Whatever has been released with them has little sense to them as the joys of freedom are beset upon by blood curdling bargining and pleas of mercy as they are soon snuffed out by either the echoing fires of gunpowder and the demented pleasure of bone-gnawing maws.

Now as time is ticking downward and while the facility comes crashing down in chaos, you must rediscover why you were placed here. Why you don't remember anything but your name. Why is you body mutilated in such a way. And Who's behind it all, but most of all--You must ESCAPE or you will DIE here.

The is CONTINUITY : Kintsugi.

The Actors of a Damned Stage
[ we have to get out, we will get out, don't give up on me yet ] If you choose to join this roleplay your character role is the newly awoken subject of this mad facility. This character, like all characters in this roleplay who have been locked away, has been manipulate physically to the point of visible scarring. Their memory is hazy and only retains their name, their language, and the feeling of being wronged.

I will play the character of Alphonzo Ulrich, the one in the cell across from your character. Known as 079 Ulrich, or just Ulrich, this character is the first to greet yours from across the open, but barred, window of your cell door. Ulrich is an ambitious young man, but through this ambition and this intense emotion feeling wronged, he has sought freedom ever since. But more than that, REVENGE. Whether or not your character feels these emotions as Ulrich is up to you--but regardless of what you feel, there is an intense and formidable air about this desire to seek revenge and liberation.

I seek a smart and analytic character and roleplayer. This story is part of a larger roleplay I desire to make in the future. Oh! No No No! Don't be upset, this isn't a super pivotal story (well if it is good enough, maybe it could be), don't expect that I will drop the roleplay because it doesn't match the "MASTA PLAN!". I will thoroughly enjoy this rp regardless.

Why do I desire someone who wants to delve deep into the symbology and terminology of this rp? Well I want to see if I can tell a story while expressing and acting in another. With my fellow actor not only become my companion, but my ever present detective seeking to unravel my world's meaning and thought. Im sure you notice the gold text. It's going to be apparent everywhere, but that's not going to be my only hint and puzzle at a greater story.

Do I need someone who relishes a good mystery? No. I would like it. However I don't mind either way. It may or may not be used later for reference.

Is there going to be romance in this roleplay? Yeah. Organic relationships--I hate day 1 dry-humping. These are characters attempting to escape a nightmare situation, bumping uglies and smashing the mashes isn't my objective.

What Wonderful Things We Know

Kintsugi is the art of repairing pottery and lacquerware. It is a unique artform and way of repairing an item, however what makes it even more special is the representation it has and the resources it uses: The Past and Gold

Kintsugi repairs the shattered lacquerware with paste and Gold, this process is reflective of how one should take pride in the damages and struggles of the past, accepting into one's being (if not placing it in the highest of honors.). It is in this comparison that glue, mixed with Gold dust, is taken and used to repair the once worthless (or of little worth) piece of pottery.

It is symbolic of what this rp is. Of where it will go. Of what the story within and around it is. A story of reconstruction. A story of reflection. A story about the idea of value: about each character's past weighed in Gold

Writing Ability : Semi-Lit to Lit
I don't ask for perfection, only readability

No. of Post Per Week: One or Two

People have lives. I want this to be recreation, not a job.

MXF: I'll be playing the M of this story.
Im open to change on this, but w/e

No. Paragraphs Per Post: One or Two
Decent Amount, though thats the minimum I'm seeking.

Romance?: Probably
Kinda what I wanna do with it. Aint good at it tho.

Last edited:
Ah it is a work in progress lmao. I'll probably finish it tonight or tomorrow if given the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back