C.C. - Mission 2

Thirty seconds wasn't enough. Even after Artemis fired the second bomb, and Hikaru, Komodo Rhino, Grizzly Sloth, and Sandai decided to help Connor by pulling the skin he was cutting apart, bathing them all in a torrent of steaming black blood, the time wasn't enough to make a deep lethal cut.

Suddenly, ten seconds before time was up one of Godzilla's claws ominously twitched and its breathing became deep. You all get a bad feeling if you continue even for one second longer, but just a bit more and even if it wakes up it will be much easier to take down.

Jace fires directly into the source of the blood trying to pierce its neck and leave a whole for them. After the shot who pulls out his dagger and tactical knife and rushes straight for the throat with both out. "Hope this works. I mean I'm only using jet boosters to help stab it nothing to deadly."

@Zer0

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your sniper speaking. Time is almost up and i could have swore i have seen the beast twitch. Now i can blind the guy so that it has no idea who is trying to kill it or i can let you guys deal with it. Because when it wakes up, it is going to go on a rampage. Artemis, how many stun..er..what did you use exactly.. do you have in store?" Robert saod as he tracked the progress of the team below with his scope.

"Hey Pequod, could you move closer down so that i can be able to get a closer glimpse of the action please? But be able to maneuver us quickly if things go to hell." Assassin said as she looked through the binoculars.

@Zer0 @LocoBlock @Beowulf

Pequod's hovercraft flew in closer, hovering half-hidden behind a building just enough so that Robert could take a shot.

"Only two, Robert." came Artemis' voice from the comms. Her maroon scarab was approaching the ambush point, but she was still about a kilometer away. She wasn't close enough to encase her allies in a bastion deflection shield if something went awry.

And something did go awry. Godzilla was only pretending to be stunned, but everyone who didn't fly out of the way when its claw ominously twitched realized it too late.

Blazing lightning fire suddenly leaked out of the gash the mechs were cutting as Godzilla roared a pillar of flames and clapped one great claw at its neck. The fire incinerated the mechanical hands and weapons of those near it; Komodo Rhino gasped in surprise as the leaking fire turned a quarter of his mech into ash, burning off three of his own fingers and setting his right side on fire; Sandai and Hikaru's mechs immediately went critical and were struggling in the clutches of the great claw that had pulled them off and was crushing them; Grizzly Sloth's mech was knocked into the flesh, but otherwise was still in good shape.

Godzilla reared, it was breathing in great shuddering gasps, unable to take in air because of the hole in its throat.

Jace was thrown back into a skyscraper from the flames before falling to the ground. As he goes to get up a piece of rubble the size of his mecha lands on him pinning him down so he couldn't move. "Grizzly you got this you can do thi..." Jace passes out from a concussion right as he was finishing his sentence. His mecha went limp and his knifes dropped from his hands as the fingers fell down from the grip of the knife. His head nodded over and his whole mecha fell forward landing face first into the sand embedding him in it.

Battle instincts kicked in.

Grizzly Sloth's Goliath kicked up into the air, and fired three M-53 Myrmidon missiles below the thick wrist of the giant claws crushing Hikaru and Sandai's mechs; Komodo Rhino followed suit, his Goliath's right arm and half his cockpit missing, but with three more smoke-trailing missiles that blew chunks off the wrist-severing it, freed the two mechs.

Artemis arrived on the scene and launched smoke-trailing pepper spray missiles into Godzilla's face as her scarab zoomed under the arm of the beast, twisted so that it was flying upside down, then caught Hikaru and Sandai's mechs in mid-air; Godzilla coughed-snarled and gagged, snatching blindly in the air and trampling everything under its feet.

Grizzly Sloth yanked up Jace's Invisible Eagle by hugging it and flew him out to safety.

"We're clear!" yelled Komodo Rhino, whose Goliath was sprinting away from the rampaging colossal. "Blow it, Artemis!"

Artemis detonated the rigged buildings.

BOOOOM

Connor wasn't so lucky. It happened rather quickly, first he was snatched up and probably would have been crushed if not for the chassis. Then he was suddenly free and falling towards the ground. After that he was nearly stepped on several times, as the giant lizard staggered around and choked on pepper spray. And the topper to that string of bad luck was the bombs going off essentially right next to him.

He was tossed to one side, luckily not under Godzilla but not far enough away to completely avoid falling debris. His systems flashed red and showed critical, but the thing held up. "God f**king damn it!" he shouted under the rubble. And he couldn't cut his way out because his chainsword was melted. Swearing repeatedly, he works at the rubble, throwing as much off him as possible until the top half of the Rook was free and he attempted to haul himself out.

Three sky scrapers toppled and crumbled over Godzilla knocking the massive creature to the ground in an earth-shaking crash that shook the entire desert city ruins. A cloud of dust and debris rose from the demolished area, swallowing Connor and the Lizard King.

"Is everyone alright?!" came Komodo Rhino's voice through the comms. "Artemis! Connor! Where's Connor?!"

"I'm fine!" said Artemis. "Tending to Hikaru and Sandai. Someone check on Godzilla!"

@Beowulf, through the dusty haze your character heard the wheezing of two massive lungs nearby. There, burried in the rubble, Godzilla was like a fish gasping for air, one great fierce golden eye gazed at your character for a moment and then life left it. The great Lizard King was finally still.

(OOC: @CkSmalling, @Beowulf, @LocoBlock, upon inspection of Godzilla's den, you all find three giant eggs. If you all wish to keep one, the egg will be incubated in the Wildlife Dome. I'll be posting a CS for a "Kaiju" or a giant beast soon for the three of you.)

bigstock-mission-accomplished-reward-st-365530571.jpg

Jace opens his eyes and looks up in the med bay "What happened?" He than sees what looks like an egg wrapped up on his bedside then passes back out.

Connor froze out of sheer terror at the sound of the great beast. Then he saw the amber eye staring him down, and like a rabbit being stared down by a snake he couldn't move. Then the lizard king passed away before him, and he was still breathing. And so, he began laughing. This was the second or third time, it was really getting hard to keep track, he had nearly died and he always reacted the same way. Ridiculous and long lasting laughter. "That giant son of a bitch is dead!" he shouted triumphantly into the radio, possibly damaging the hearing of those unfortunate enough to be wearing headphones. "Now someone get me out of here so I can have a look around it's den. That thing had to have been protecting something good, and I want it." That something he didn't expect to be an egg, but he took it none the less.

"Officer Jace Chimel please report to the base development offices for immediate assignment."

As the intercom blared loudly across the whole base he could only imagine what kind of idiodic job he would have to do this time. As he arrived to the offices opened the door and was gestured into the seat.

"Recently we have lost contact with a precious metals mine west of the base. Your mission is to go to the desert to find out what happened. You may bring any soldiers with you that you chose. Just say their names."

"Well I already have the list then. Just call my while squad. I would much rather go with them."

"Would Maj. Artemis Romanov's squad please report to the base development offices for optional assignment."

@Zer0 @Beowulf @CkSmalling @Picklesoldier @Orpheus @SSgt Goodrich

Artemis looked up from the punching bag she was practicing a combo of elbow strikes and palm thrusts with. She was in one of the training rooms again working hard on her close quarter combat skills with Striker Python for the last three hours.

"Finish the set, Romanov." he said.

"Yes, sir." said Artemis resuming her training, sweat running down her face. Jab, then a straight --- spinning left elbow, right hook, upper cut --- then a round house!

The punching bag swayed back a few inches. Artemis immediately went back to her ready stance then looked back at Striker, who gave her a little nod of approval. "Your form is still off, don't lean forward when you kick because you're moving into your target's threat range."

"Yes sir." Artemis nodded, catching her breath.

"That'll do. Dismissed."

Artemis didn't even have time to shower. She donned her suit and strode into the office and saluted to the officer behind the desk. "Major Romanov, reporting for duty."

"I'll tell you what I just told Jace. Recently we lost contact with a precious metals mine west of here and it is your assignment along with anyone else who comes to find the cause. Jace will be leading the mission."

Jace nervously looks over at Artemis and smiles. "So yeah I guess I'm in charge for now. Anyways we gotta wait for anyone else to report who wants to."

@Zer0 (We probably have to wait till later since I'm the only one who stays up till 3:00 a.m.)

Robert saw the life leave the beast through his scope and he motioned Pequod to land next to the beast. He jumped off the hovercraft and moved closer to the beast. He placed his hand on the nostril and said a silent prayer. "Well looks like the beast is dead. We hav to see what he was protecting this badly."

He looked back at the cave and ventured into it, Assassin following him at his his side. They reached what it looked like a makeshift nest and saw three eggs on it. He approached them, carefully and studied them for a while. He looked at Assassin and asked, "We can't leave them here. We have to take at least one, to prevent extinction of the great beast."

Assassin looked at the eggs and smiled. "Let's take the green one. It does match my eyes." He winked at Robert as she carefully took the eggs and made her way back to the hovercraft. "Lets take it to the wildlife dome. They should take care of it in our absence."

'Agreed." Robert said as he swung his hand on her shoulder. "I wonder what we should name it. Godzilla Junior sound very stupid."

Assassin chuckled as she snug closer to him. "We have time. Lets give it a home first." They made their way to the hovercraft and went back to the mother base.

A few weeks later after the incident, he received a text from Jace. 'Report to the Base Development Offices. I need your help on a mission.' He replied 'On my way.' He got out of bed and had a quick shower. He called Assassin to see if she was interested and said she will meet him there. He went to his favorite diner and ordered his special, 'The King Special' which comprised of 6 pancakes, 2 Spanish Omelette, Fried Bacon on the side and a Cheeseburger for desert. After thanking the chef, he made his way to the offices.

He reached and saw Assassin, Artemis and Jace having a chat. He interrupted everyone by hugging and lightly kissing Assassin, hugging Artemis and greeted Jace in their very special handshake. "Okay i am here. What is the mission Jace? I guess that makes you mission leader?"

@LocoBlock @Zer0

Artemis was very surprised at the gesture, it was the first time Robert or any of her guy squad mates hugged her. It made her happy, and she hugged him back --- almost wrestling him even, before letting go, giving him an extra pat on the back, and giving Assassin Marmot an assuring smile that said it was all just a friendship thing.

"You're very affectionate today, Robert." said Artemis, smiling. "Did something good happen?"

@CkSmalling

Robert stole looks at Assassin, who blushed so hard, she had to look away. "Based on that observation, need to say more Artemis. Besides i am always an affectionate man. I do love to hug people. Share the love to all when you can. Shine a light so that people find their way. Its a simple mantra which i live by. Also you needed a hug Artemis, although you are my boss."

"The light was impossible to ignore. To summarize up, he is the best there is." She kissed him on the cheek and on the mouth softly before hugging him tightly. "So where are we going this time Artemis?"

@Zer0

"I don't know all the details." said Artemis, shaking her head. "All I know is that we're going to a mine west of here that command lost contact with recently."

She gazed at the officer behind the desk. "What's the current situation in the mine, sir?"

Artemis secretly admired Robert and Assassin's courage. They had the guts to display intimate affection in front of a higher ranking officer of the R&D.

@CkSmalling, @LocoBlock

'A mine? Sweet. I hope is a gold mine. I would love to carry some ore for some refinement over at Janet's. Might come into use one of these fine days. Or a diamond mine. Oh God somebody stop...." He received a slap for Assassin.

'I will stop you right there before you get lost. irst we have to rescue the miners or whatever the mission may be, then maybe, i mean maybe, we can talk about the diamond necklace you want to get for me. You are getting me a diamond necklace right?" She said crossing her hands.

"Robert rubbed her cheek as he looked down. " Yes dear." He looked at her then at Artemis and the officer finally, waiting for a briefing.

@Zer0 @LocoBlock

"Recently we lost contact with a precious metals mine west of here it's our job to find why and if possible set up contact. Anyways your right about the mission leader part." Just as Jace finished saying this the officer at the desk replied.

"The type of metal is for electronics. If you are going meet at 0600 hours in mecha hanger 18."

@Zer0 @CkSmalling

The next day, Artemis was up and early as usual with a cup of coffee in one hand and her helmet beside her. Though she wasn't the mission leader today, coming early was already an ingrained part of her daily routine.

She was sitting on a crate and watching the mechanics prep her Dynasty Scarab. She received a pat on the back from Komodo Rhino who was joining them for the mission today.

"Morning." she smiled.

"Morning." he greeted. Komodo Rhino had the last three fingers of his right hand replaced after Godzilla had incinerated them off, but he wouldn't let the doctors remove the great burn scar on his arm, since it looked pretty cool and he kept showing them off. It had been a while since they did a mission together. He and Grizzly Sloth had been deployed with other squads for some exploration work.

The two of them gazed at their mechs. They had been so shiny and new when they first got them, but now they're all scratched, dented in some places, dirty in the kinks, and had their own battle scars just like their owners. Artemis was proud of them, these were the badges of a warrior, and she herself had enough of them to impress her fellow comrades.

facesanddigital.jpg

Jace being there preparing the mechas he looks over at the two and waves. "You know you need to stop trying to get to where I'm assigned before I'm here you know!" He lowers the lift and walks over to the two looking up at them. "Anyways I got here at the un godly time of 0400 hours. So excuse me if I'm tired. Anyways heres the target." Jace hands Artemis a holo card of the mine and its plans.

@Zer0

"Thanks." said Artemis. She uploaded the data into her suit, then handed the card to Robert and the rest of the team. She wondered if the mine was in the Sonoran Desert and hoped that a colossal monster wasn't the reason command lost contact with them.

She and Komodo Rhino mounted their mechs, and when all systems were good, their huge machines strode out of their bays.

"This is Romanov, M-80 Dynasty Scarab code name Vanguard Shield ready for take off." she said coolly, and placed the rest of her coffee on a cup-holder, a new little add-on she had the engineers install. She had brought her ancient Walkman and tapes today. She pressed a button and the voice of Elvis singing "Jailhouse Rock" filled the cockpit.

[media]

[/media]

Jace climbs up into the invisible eagle before running pre flight checks and going to exit. "This is me and I give myself clearence as stand by mech traffic controller." Jace starts flying towards the Sonoran desert at a set speed for the several hour flight. "This is your captain speaking prepare for the several hour flight to the Sonoran desert. The seats do not recline and in the case of emergency you know how to eject." He sits back and listens to music over his radio.

@Zer0

The next morning, Robert and Assassin walked casually towards Hanger 18 talking about the mission before them.

'If we were to get some of the minerals from that mine, we can upgrade our current weapons and armor. I would like for my cloaking shield to last more than 10 minutes. And also upgrade my Widow Maker." Robert said rubbing his chin.

"Sounds like a plan. By the way, where did you get the idea of naming your sniper rifle 'Widow Maker'? Sounds like a cheesy name to if you ask me." Assassin said holding Robert close.

"Come to think of it, i have never though of that. Lets make a deal. After the mission, i will tell you why i named my rifle that name. There are pictures of the day i named it in my apartment."

"Okay then deal, After you take me to one fancy restaurant." Assassin gripped his biceps hard making him wince in pain.

"Okay deal deal deal deal!!! Jesus woman. All you had to do was ask." They walked towards the hanger and saw that everybody was present. "Good morning everyone." Artemis handed his the holo tape and downloaded everything into the suit. He mounted his mech and was greeted by the familar voice of his AI. "User Identified. Welcome Major Sergeant Robert King. All systems normal. Awaiting Command.'

"Okay then. Take us out and do a full fly test. Check all weapons and armaments" 'Yes Sir' The cockpit glowed light blue and roared into life. Since the mecha was doing all flight tests, he spoke through the comms. "Okay guys. Any valuables you find, please hand them over to me."

@Zer0 @LocoBlock

As they team arrived in the desert they saw the large mine. Upon closer inspection you will find the place to have been deserted with no signs of anything. If @CkSmalling looks in the transmission tower he will find the signs of a struggle and a trail of blood. If anyone looks in the living quarters you will find several valuables that no one would leave behind such as family photos.

@Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back