• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Broken Gears: A Post-Apocalyptic AI/Mutant RP.

I was startled by the sudden rev of an screeching engine from down the street. I went to drew my sword but by the time it was out the two thieves were gone. Keeping it drawn in case they came back around, I reached down to Candelas. "Are you alright?" I asked with my hand extended. Bandits, what would they do with a hat? If they're gonna steal they should steal something of high value or importance, not a hat.
Swade9wade Swade9wade

Ghada's nerves shot through the roof as the suffocating sounds of the bike engines tore through the otherwise quiet streets. Her fingers were painfully tight as she gripped the straps of her bag. She dared to peak over the edge of the bin, and managed to glimpse the bikes steal the hat from one of the figures.
She watched as the figure ran forward and fell, triggering Ghada's compassion response. She was planning to sneak back further into the alleyway and find a different way home, but now she had to stay make sure they were okay.

Jorap witnessed the mutant helping up the AI. He decided the bot was no threat and emerged from his hideout. "Are you alright you two?" His helmet opened up and he looked down at the them. "What's your names?"

"Oh uhh I'm Captain Jorap of the BFG faction I'm not the best at introductions."

Candelas, on the other hand, was not so happy with what had happened. Her words were stuttering with her having a hard time with coming up with words and finally did. "I'm not alright! They took mi hat! That hat wasn't just something to just look cool. That had belonged to one of my members in my attraction." She told the trio (if Ghanda was close enough to hear her), and looked at where the bikers went. "I gotta get that hat back!"

I fully agreed with Candelas. Thieves are unacceptable whether it be stealing money or hats. I kept my sword ready and looked at Candelas "We'll get your hat back. I'll catch them.". I was about to start running when I heard a voice from behind us. Looking back I saw another mutant in a giant mech suit. He startled me at first but I formally greeted him before taking off. "I'm 828, she just got robbed". I started running in the direction of the bikers and motioned Candelas to follow.

Bored-Tigecko Bored-Tigecko Swade9wade Swade9wade

Jorap's helmet snapped down. "Thievery is a punishable crime... I will help." There were crude grinding sounds as small boosters emerged from his back. Jorap shot forward. He wasn't very fast but he was gaining on the motorcycles. He aimed the taser at the wheels but missed.
Swade9wade Swade9wade Raku Raku

Last edited:
Initialized...
orders {Undefined- ME- unable to be reached...}
Start_up-

The sleeping giant opened it's eyes for the first time in what seemed like forever. It's seemingly lifeless metal body sat under a small pile of rubble, staring into the rotting cement hole in the ceiling. The Clueless MS 227 unit used it's sensors to scan it's surroundings. Of course, it could only see the hole in the ceiling due to his lack of a neck. 227 began to move. He lifted himself from the rubble.

The room was dark, damp, and in a bad state of disrepair. The puzzled MS was stunned with the state of the place. Although he was use to the dark and damp environment, it just wasn't normal for this to happen in the city, Everything was quiet. everything seemed to stop, The honking of horns or the sounds of speeding cars was replaced by an eerie silence. It was only broken by the small pops from the engine's exhausts.

The slightly scared 227 Unit began to sound the air siren. The popping of the exhausts being quieted as the gasses moved through into the siren.

With the sounding of the siren, 227's A.I. clicked and rebooted. He twitched and shook before he continued through with his actions. He was now in 'Alert' mode.

I was on my pursuit of the bandits when the most eerie noise, more eerie than the silence before all of this, filled the air. It seemed to have originated from a building to my right. I stood still with a blank expression which turned into a questioning one quickly. "Jorap, Candelas, keep on the bandits. I will check the source of the sound" I said before approaching the building briskly. I peered through a small window only to be met by a another A.I. This one looked much more threatening.

Panzer Panzer - just outside 227's building
Swade9wade Swade9wade Bored-Tigecko Bored-Tigecko - went after the sound

The MS-unit looked around the room in a curious manner, turning in a full circle. He had yet to find a single living thing other than the outgrown weeds in the concrete.

Then...there is this Thing in the window. A being of fur...
The 227 unit stared through the window, tilting it's head (or rotating the mask a bit to the side) as he tried to identify the living thing. What was it?

Raku Raku

I was surprised and a little scared when the bot looked at me. I jolted back from the window and slid my sword back into is sheath. My heart began to race. Great, I thought to myself. Another A.I that is potentially hostile and looks extremely threatening. I didn't know what to do. I froze. My breathing accelerated. What was I going to do if this thing was hostile? My sword would barely scratch its exterior, so I was practically defenseless.

Panzer Panzer

The thing moved! It moved!
The MS Mining unit watched as the wolf thing disappear away from the window.
Although common sense would tell it to not pursue, The 'Alert' mode told him to give chase. He was curious, and did not want to be alone in this strange area.

As always with alert, the siren glared from the mask. The MS then fired up his mining arm.
The arm spun and shook violently. MS decided to cut through the wall it'self as an exit. he punched his arm through the wall. At this point, his drill became useless. He began to struggle as he attempted to break down the wall instead. He bashed up against the wall like a madman, desperate to escape the room and chase this curious being. The smoke pouring from the drill arm and the dust from the debris almost concealed the scene in a light grey see-through cloud.

What ever it was, it was clearly after me. The sound returned as I heard it moving inside. Then, boom. It had slammed up against the wall separating me from it. I wanted to move, but I was frozen in fear. What was going to happen if it found me? How would it kill me, slowly or a quick and painless death. The machine slamming against the wall must have loosened something, because next thing I know I'm on the ground in side the building. The part of the building I was leaning against must have been a door of sorts, and it just opened.

Panzer Panzer

Finally, The wall crumbled before the metal abomination. It was released from it's chamber. The curious MS looked to the strange creature, stopping to watch it's movements. It then began to approach it. It's heavy metal steps slammed against the floor, creating loud impactful sounds with every step. It's movements were slow and unnatural , almost as if it was simply tired or weak.
It set off it's alarm once more. At this point, it sounded like it was trying to communicate

Ghada watched with relief as the colourful AI stood, obviously fine after her fall. She breathed a low sigh that she didn't need, then backed slowly away from the bin, deciding that staying here instead of returning home would only land her in trouble.
As she wound her way through the back streets for a minute or two, unnervingly aware that those awful bikes had blazed off in the same direction, she thought herself safe until she heard it.
Sirens blaring. The sounds of infrastructure being torn apart. The same fear response rang through her body, except now it was levelling at somewhere close to terror - those sounds were coming from her home.

(Sorry for no reply, I stopped receiving notifications for some reason)
Panzer Panzer Raku Raku Bored-Tigecko Bored-Tigecko Swade9wade Swade9wade

Candelas was about to run with them but stopped seeing them already went after the hat. "The nerve of some people!" She said with her voice fueled by anger from what has happened. She really wanted to go on an ai hunt for the theft of her supposed memory of her fallen friends. Her gazed turned over to Ghada as she gazed at where she heard the sirens coming from. "Something the matter?" She asked her.

Meanwhile with the bikers.

The two raced down the pave way with taking different turns, and shortcuts. Soon though they reached their destination being a massive junkyard with a built wall around it. On top of the wall, two guards have seen their scouts coming back and quickly opened the door for them. Once they passed they closed the door behind them.

(Ouch. Didn't know that would happen.)
Panzer Panzer Raku Raku Bored-Tigecko Bored-Tigecko bethbubbles bethbubbles

I could here the voices of Candelas and a few others just down the way. I wanted to get up and run for them but I was afraid the bot would slam down on me with that drill arm. I put my hands up and looked at the A.I standing above me. "Woah big guy!" I told the thing. I didn't know if it understood words, but the most I could do was try. Keeping eye contact with the thing and my hands up, I turned my head in the direction of Candelas and shouted "I could use some help over here!".

Swade9wade Swade9wade Panzer Panzer Bored-Tigecko Bored-Tigecko bethbubbles bethbubbles

Ghada whipped her head, realising that in her worry she'd come out of hiding. Her hands tightened on her bag straps as she stared at the other AI.
She didn't want to admit the noises were coming from near her home, where all her possessions were, but her lying capabilities were not advanced.
"Scary noise," she managed to splutter out, before her humiliation drive kicked in.
Swade9wade Swade9wade

The MS droid stared at the fallen Mutant with a curious glare. He was fascinated with the small mutant. He didn't know what it was and it didn't seem to look friendly. It also carried a sword, which confused the MS Unit. Was the mutant hostile?
It had so many questions!
The AI looked closely to the mutant, It's mask being held close to it's face. It also lifted it's mining claw close into view, looking as if It would poke the wolf out of curiosity.

(Hey it's all good man.)

Candelas having now problems on who to help. Then those flashbacks came, but just for a moment. She had an idea to help all at the same time. Quickly moving her hand to the back, she tapped her upper part of her torso with a button sound heard. In seconds her clothes transformed into a different outfit that was her black dress with the frills, her guns dropped into a small carrying case inside her body, and came out what appeared to be an acoustic guitar, "Perhaps this will work." She said and began to play a tune. In seconds small lights came out of her body and surrounded Ghada, 828, and Jorab. Which resulted in them getting an increased power and confidence right there.

As I heard a the sound of a guitar string, a new feeling came over me. It was one of confidence and new strength. My fear towards the large A.I that stood above me had faded. I kept my hands raised and looked back at the mech. "Easy there, I'm not trying to hurt you" I said, taking into mind that it may have seen the sword around my waist. I slowly moved my why back to a wall that I could sit against. I took very slow movements, not wanting to aggravate the machine.

Panzer Panzer

Ghada's hands slackened slightly on her bag, but not by much. She turned her attention from the AI playing the guitar to the large AI that was making the less pleasant noises. Her eyes flicked to the figure before it - a mutant. Her chest panged with the longing that often occured when she saw one of them, half-human creations that were so close to what they used to be. Memories of Arthur flashed through her mind, and she gripped her bag once again.

"He better not crush my house." she remarked, feeling less worried than she did before.

As I heard a the sound of a guitar string, a new feeling came over me. It was one of confidence and new strength. My fear towards the large A.I that stood above me had faded. I kept my hands raised and looked back at the mech. "Easy there, I'm not trying to hurt you" I said, taking into mind that it may have seen the sword around my waist. I slowly moved my why back to a wall that I could sit against. I took very slow movements, not wanting to aggravate the machine.

Panzer Panzer

The Unit stood for a moment, calculating it's next move. It withdrew it's claw away from the wolf and sit it by it's side. With the amount of time it took to register what the wolf had said , it was evident that this model wasn't as bright as the newer ones. It wasn't as advanced nor was it in any way cost effective back in it's time. In the moment of silence, the MS unit froze in it's place.

After that, the MS unit just lost interest in the mutant. The wolf states that it was it's ally. Without the ME- Mining Corp servers currently active, He would have to see this info as being true, even if there was no evidence to the statement.

Recalling the events from before, the MS unit grew curious once more. It heard another sound, one of confidence and strength. Interesting...
It turned to the new noise and began in it's direction, completely ignoring the wolf that it was once curious about. The MS unit didn't want to disturb the Allied thing.

During his walk, he took notice of the two other A.I.s in the area. He stopped as he saw them, completely taken back from their appearance. They were more advanced then anything that was held in his database. They were unrecognizable.

must be newer models from hostile lands. It isn't in the database.
Sure enough- without the identification of these models- The first response is to attack.

It sounded it's saw-sounding-sirens and began towards them with well... speed. It held it's flamethrower arm up towards the hostile A.I.s. It's heavy metal armor clanking and it's sirens blaring, The rumble of the engine and the crashing of it's feet gave way to a intimidating and loud symphony of noises and crashes.

bethbubbles bethbubbles Raku Raku Swade9wade Swade9wade

The bot seemed to have some kind of childish A.I system. It was curious but understanding to say the least. My heart lay rest as it pulls its claw away and sits beside me. But before I could do anything else it had gotten up and walked towards Candelas and another A.I that had joined our little party. It had seemed to take a hostile action as its sirens went of and it readied some kind of weapon. As I rushed up to my feet I thought "Maybe it will understand me?". I ran out in front of the bot with my arms up. "Woah, woah. Their friendly too, not hostile, I repeat, not hostile" I told the A.I, emphasizing "not hostile".

Panzer Panzer Swade9wade Swade9wade bethbubbles bethbubbles Bored-Tigecko Bored-Tigecko

Users who are viewing this thread

Back