• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings bridgerton but it’s gay ;-;

still.bejeweled

sad lil rat
1685452379809.gif

Listen, I may or may not have just watched Bridgerton for the first time, and I may or may not now be craving a high society regency rp with a slow-burn same-sex couple as the main focus who grew up as best friends and don’t know how to deal with their evolving feelings because they’re “wrong” and it’s really just a complete mess and they’re both idiots but also maybe there’s somehow a happy ending but also maybe it’s upsettingly realistic-

I’m leaning towards two ladies, but open to two gentlemen as well. They will both be at least 21, preferably the same age or only off by a year or two. I’m mostly looking for a character driven story and a well-developed plot that we’ve both had fun putting effort into, and yes I have many random scenes already cooked up in my head.

Ideas and plot lines we could potentially include- Characters A and B are not meant to be interpreted as the same people in every prompt, though they very well could be :
  • Character A is the diamond of the season. Best friend, Character B, has noticeably become a bit upset over all of the attention Character A is getting.
  • Character A moves in with Character B’s large family due to their own parents’ passing.
    • An extension of the previous idea: we play as Character B’s siblings, kind of like how there’s a Bridgerton book for each sibling.
  • Character A realizes their feelings for Character B and admits them to Character A during a midnight bout of stargazing and exestentializing , potentially even leaning in for a kiss, when Character A vehemently rejects them. Upon reflecting on it, Character A comes to regret their choice but cannot possibly fathom developing a crush on their same-sex childhood friend. Bonus points if the ensuing fight takes place in the pouring rain.
  • Characters A and B are both dudes and they’re himbos. Or they’re ladies, and are the lady versions of himbos. And that’s the plot. That’s it. Actually, we should just include this regardless.

That’s….it? Well, that’s not everything, but it gives you an idea of what I’m looking for plot-wise. Part of me wants our two leads to have an Eloise and Penelope energy, where they don’t overly care for high society shenanigans, and part of me wants them to be interested in finding a match and presenting themselves well. I can be swayed either way, or we can have a mix of both.

Also: if you are solely looking to write p0rn, this is not the right place for you. I’m talking the slowest, snail-paced slow burn ever. I want it to hurt.

Who you are (hopefully):
  • 18+ as I’m 25. This applies whether we decide to include Bridgerton’s spiciness or not.
  • Advanced literate and looking to write in frivolous, old english Bridgerton fashion.
  • More excited about plotting, character creation and shitposting than actually writing the rp ;u;
  • This should go without saying given the nature of the rp, but LGBT+ and diversity friendly. However, you should understand that given the time period most characters probably won’t feel the same way.
  • Love writing multiple characters of varying ages, backgrounds, and genders.
  • Aesthetics, such as moodboards and coding, are loved but not a requirement!
  • Be in this for the long haul!!!
  • Discord for ooc is a plus, but not necessary.

Who I am:
  • I’m Meg; 25 and hopelessly obsessed with my cats and Taylor Swift.
  • Subjectively advanced literate, and a lover of avid occ and plotting. I will take about two to three business days to find the perfect face claim.
  • Caught up on the show (ik up top says i'm watching it for the first time, but that's no longer as i think it's been a year?? since i first posted this!)
  • Looking to write a wide variety multiple characters, but obviously we’ll both have our mains that the story focuses on.
  • I adore fancy coding, character sheets, and smothering your characters with love.

Please dm me if you’re interested! c:

Last edited:
with polin's promos making the rounds, i'm bringing this back! plus it's gonna be summer soon and i graduated from college so i have the time to devote to it c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back