• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia OOC

@yuckeroni
and for all the non-christian yuri lovers here

(non-canon, donut use as reference, everything is to be read with rose-tinted yuri glasses, thx vry muchos gracias)

Late night paperwork. And she thought Macchan was a slave driver. Then again, Masaru, Yori, Tokage and she were all in this together, much to her consternation and pleasure. It wasn’t a lie to say she enjoyed watching Masaru’s face twist in annoyance at the papers sprawled over his desk, but it wasn’t much of a lie to say it comforted her too, looking at an equally high pile on her own desktop. She shifted her gaze to the desk opposite,where Tokage looked as if she were about to blow up. The only person in the room who didn’t look like they were just a step away from blowing a few gaskets was Yori-senpai. Even in such chaotic times, she remained so perfectly demure and calm, as her hands worked skilfully through the papers. Even from this distance, she could see the grace that her slender fingers wielded as the pen danced across the paper, like a figure skater on ice..

“Damn.” It was Tokage’s voice that shattered her reverie. The small lady massaged the back of her neck, and glared hotly at her work for a long while, as if her eyes would bore holes through the nuisance. When that didn’t work, she groaned, a sound that most of them in the office that night would have liked to utter, but just avoided it altogether. She hopped off her chair, and trotted over to the door. “I’m going to get some coffee. This is starting to make me regret teaching altogether.”

“I’ll go too. I need a smoke.” Masaru stood up from his seat as well, one hand already clasping onto a pack of Marlboros, with a Zippo pinched between his index and middle finger. He glanced towards Yori and Mao. Mao turned to Yori, indicating that she would follow her lead. Her senior did not budge from her seat, and simply waved Masaru and Tokage on their way. Masaru nodded stiffly. “Need anything?”

“If the vending machines stock beer,” joked Yori, while Mao simply shook her head and pretended to go back to work.

Masaru rolled his eyes, then motioned to Tokage, throwing the sliding door open. In a few moments, the door slammed shut, leaving Mao and Yori alone with the sounds of the latter’s pen scratching on the paper. Mao waited for a few more minutes, until the echoes of her colleagues’s footsteps could no longer be heard, then kicked against her desk, sliding herself over to Yori’s side.

“Yori-senpaaaaaai~” It was almost like a cat-like purr as she sidled up next to Yori, and wrapped her arms around her, nuzzling into her neck. How warm. She could just melt into her skin, feeling it like this. Yori did not so much as budge. Instead, with one hand, she carried out her marking and reports on her students, and with the other, ran a hand across Mao’s scalp. It wasn’t a harsh motion, but rather, a soft, almost intimate one, almost as if she was soothing an actual cat that had just came up to her and taken a liking to her.

“Not now, Mao. It can wait.”

She felt the well-toned body that Yori hid underneath her impeccable style of dressing on her arms as she tightened her embrace. A body chiselled by experience, she was sure. To be able to just hold it like this was a gift in and of itself. God could have taken her soul back to Heaven at this point, and she would still have died happy. Or she would be most disappointed at not being able to hold it like this ever again. She moved her head slightly, angling it upwards so her chin rested and was propped up on her shoulder. Her lips now at her senior’s ear, she whispered quietly, even in the empty room. “It can, but I certainly can’t.”

“Mao--” Yori started, but her breath caught in her throat as one of the younger lady’s hands slipped downwards, unseen, but certainly felt as it slid under her shirt. She tried her best to breathe, but as a finger traced lightly across her abdomen, upwards, in between her cleavage, it gave way to jagged patterns of sharp intakes and exhalations. “Please,” she managed between her gasps, “Masaru and Tokage--”

Mao ignored the protest, and pressed herself closer, her lips gracing Yori’s neck, her breath caressing the exposed skin just above her neck. Her hand moved again, travelling up the valley on Yori’s chest. Her other hand lost grip around her, and found purchase instead on the back of her seat. Passion guided her body and she found herself standing up and over Yori, one hand pressed, molding her partner’s breast, the other gripping hard on the back of her seat, and her lips locked with Yori. The fire spread, and Yori’s own hand took Mao by the back of her neck, pulling her in close into the intertwining mess that they were at the moment of heated emotions.

The room was quiet. Only the occasional gasps of breath and the sporadic grunt could be heard, the gap in between filled with the soft, almost unnoticeable whirring of the fan. A long five minutes lasted between the both of the women, but when it ended, it had felt like it had been but a second. Mao was the first to pull away, face flushed redder than the evening sky that day, and she fell back onto her swivel chair, gulping down pockets of air, while Yori tugged her shirt down back over her exposed navel, having been hiked way higher than it should have been. Mao had been quite aggressive that night and it showed. That wasn’t to say Yori had not reciprocated in kind- Mao’s hair, usually tied neatly behind her, now fell about her face in a mess. The two of them exchanged a look. Yori was wise enough to turn her attention back to her work. If their eyes had lingered a little longer, it would have meant another small ‘break’ session.

“We need to finish this by tomorrow morning.” The older lady managed to say. Her breath was still unsteady, the chills of the sensations running down her spine still apparent.

Mao did not say anything for a moment, as if she were mentally processing everything, and storing them at the back of her mind- Yoro’s well-toned physique in her hands, the curves, the softness amongst the battle-hardened body. Only when she was satisfied, she uttered an almost inaudible confirmation then pushed herself back to her desk.

Back to late night paperwork.

this is my last act before i disappear to jungles. I think.
........*Facepalm*

You do realize the UA's the top hero school, right? And class 1-A are the students that scored the best in it's exam? That means that by that logic MINETA has a better quirk than average.

Every hero in UA has displayed the qualities I've talked about, though. In fact the other students from the other school also demonstrated these abilities. Them being top tier is why Icy-Hot is so overpowered. Doesn't have anything to do with them not hurting themselves by pushing to their limits.

Every hero in UA has displayed the qualities I've talked about, though. In fact the other students from the other school also demonstrated these abilities. Them being top tier is why Icy-Hot is so overpowered. Doesn't have anything to do with them not hurting themselves by pushing to their limits.
what it does have to do with is them being a bad point of comparison

The second search thread is up! if you feel like checking it out, do go to the first page of the OOC! (please refrain from commenting there though, unless there is something you REALLY want to share with new incoming players)

what it does have to do with is them being a bad point of comparison

When every student in the show demonstrates these qualities then they're the ONLY point of comparison. We haven't seen any other students so all we can do is use them as a bench mark. The drawback to the ability is always proportional to the power of the ability. Which is why most of the quirks we've seen don't have severe drawbacks, even when spamming their ultimate move. Because most people aren't on that level.

When every student in the show demonstrates these qualities then they're the ONLY point of comparison. We haven't seen any other students so all we can do is use them as a bench mark. The drawback to the ability is always proportional to the power of the ability. Which is why most of the quirks we've seen don't have severe drawbacks, even when spamming their ultimate move. Because most people aren't on that level.
Yes, that is correct. However, we do know for a fact that these quirks are already on a higher level than the majority, which are closer to Deku's mom in utility (if you remember she can lift small objects).

Finger Gun: The user can fire bullet sized (5.56) energy projectiles from their fingers as long as two are connected. The projectiles have a range of 100ft, and move at approximately 300 feet per second, or 91.44 meters per second. (CQB Airsoft Gun speed.) They deal primarily kinetic damage, with a slight amount of thermal energy. The projectiles deal the damage of a good punch on average. There is a recoil to these projectiles for the user though, and as such they need to control that as they fire. Over time, this can start to be straining, though it does take a while for the basic mode.

The user has something of a built in HUD for aiming the 'gun', similar to most video game crosshairs. This may be attributed to a relatives quirk.

Special Move: Buck Wild: Connecting all of the fingers on a hand, the user gains the ability to fire a spread of projectiles that gradually expands as the distance increases, similar to buckshot in a shotgun. 9 projectiles are fired, and the force is enough to break bone when they impact close to one another. Mostly the ribs, not as much the tougher things like skulls. While the damage is high, the same goes for the wielder should they fire more than once from that same arm. It also adds strain, so there's less 'ammo' for the normal shots from that arm. Firing twice from the same arm has a 50% chance of breaking it. A 3rd time has 75%. 4th is guaranteed to break it.
@Shammy the Shamrock
I would comment, but I am way too tired to run all those numbers rn

Yes, that is correct. However, we do know for a fact that these quirks are already on a higher level than the majority, which are closer to Deku's mom in utility (if you remember she can lift small objects).

Yeah, but unless you have some super explosive quirk (ha) the drawbacks generally aren't that big. The drawbacks for quirks are usually much like the drawbacks of simply exerting yourself in real life. Like with Toki, she wont have any broken bones or anything like that. She'll just tire out, and while she can push past that it's like pushing through a hard workout. Nothing extravagant like shattering arms or anything, just good old human exhaustion. And that's how most quirks have been demonstrated to work if you over-use them.

Oh my God, I hope you are alright
Yeaa.... Im...well my status says it all. We don't believe it to be a concussion, my family and the school nurse at least, but it has left me with some headache... Again very sorry but I need to log off until this heals entirely. Pushing it with tech could further recovery time and I already might need to push myself for online classes if it continues on like this. Somehow, if I am on a cellphone while lying down its not too much. However large computer screens with non-adjustable lighting features make it hard. So once again I apologize but if I want to be back asap, Ill need to be absent for a while. The most would be 2 weeks. If all goes well I will be alright by the weekend. Much love to you all. Be safe. I'll see you soon.

Yeah, but unless you have some super explosive quirk (ha) the drawbacks generally aren't that big. The drawbacks for quirks are usually much like the drawbacks of simply exerting yourself in real life. Like with Toki, she wont have any broken bones or anything like that. She'll just tire out, and while she can push past that it's like pushing through a hard workout. Nothing extravagant like shattering arms or anything, just good old human exhaustion. And that's how most quirks have been demonstrated to work if you over-use them.
alright. I think you are misunderstanding my point here. I am not arguing with you on drawbacks, I am trying to make a case that the frame of reference for strength or weakness can't be "at the level of the show" because those are already at the top in some way or another.

As for the drawbacks, yeah it wouldn't be common, you're right about that. However, it is still permissable and any form of weakness is promoted by me and this roleplay. Because weaknesses are a better or at least, easier vehicle to aid in character growth and development than strengths, which can become overly competitive and oppressing with ease.

Yeaa.... Im...well my status says it all. We don't believe it to be a concussion, my family and the school nurse at least, but it has left me with some headache... Again very sorry but I need to log off until this heals entirely. Pushing it with tech could further recovery time and I already might need to push myself for online classes if it continues on like this. Somehow, if I am on a cellphone while lying down its not too much. However large computer screens with non-adjustable lighting features make it hard. So once again I apologize but if I want to be back asap, Ill need to be absent for a while. The most would be 2 weeks. If all goes well I will be alright by the weekend. Much love to you all. Be safe. I'll see you soon.
No, you had a perfectly good reason. Do rest, I hope you get better soon! IRL and your health are more important.

alright. I think you are misunderstanding my point here. I am not arguing with you on drawbacks, I am trying to make a case that the frame of reference for strength or weakness can't be "at the level of the show" because those are already at the top in some way or another.

As for the drawbacks, yeah it wouldn't be common, you're right about that. However, it is still permissable and any form of weakness is promoted by me and this roleplay. Because weaknesses are a better or at least, easier vehicle to aid in character growth and development than strengths, which can become overly competitive and oppressing with ease.

The thing is they aren't at the top. You're exclusively looking at UA. We've had students from other schools besides UA. So unless every school shown is top tier we've seen students who aren't at the top, and yet they displayed similar levels of proficiency and drawbacks as the UA students. Something to keep in mind is that UA's a famous school, but that doesn't magically mean people outside of that school are lesser. I can be equally as smart as someone who went to Yale while still attending a community college. So we have students from multiple schools to use as examples of strengths and weaknesses, not just the top of the top. So while we might not match the truly top tier students, like Icy-Hot or Deku or Bakugo, I also don't agree with the notion that every student in the show is above every student in this RP. So they're still good examples to measure your own characters by.

As for drawbacks, of course. If the player wants to shatter their arms after a single shotgun blast by all means. I'm not trying to imply they shouldn't do this. Having severe drawbacks can provide good roleplay. I'm just saying they shouldn't feel like they NEED to do it that way. I've seen people in a lot of roleplays add excessive drawbacks to their powers in an attempt to balance when it wasn't necessary. Based purely off the quirks already approved there's absolutely no need to shatter your arms after two shotgun blasts, that's a perfect example of excessive drawbacks and if they're only doing it in the idea of balance they should readdress it. Big drawbacks like that should only be used for truly powerful abilities or roleplay purposes, not "I can shoot a bunch of rubber bullets".

The thing is they aren't at the top. You're exclusively looking at UA. We've had students from other schools besides UA. So unless every school shown is top tier we've seen students who aren't at the top, and yet they displayed similar levels of proficiency and drawbacks as the UA students. Something to keep in mind is that UA's a famous school, but that doesn't magically mean people outside of that school are lesser. I can be equally as smart as someone who went to Yale while still attending a community college. So we have students from multiple schools to use as examples of strengths and weaknesses, not just the top of the top. So while we might not match the truly top tier students, like Icy-Hot or Deku or Bakugo, I also don't agree with the notion that every student in the show is above every student in this RP. So they're still good examples to measure your own characters by.

As for drawbacks, of course. If the player wants to shatter their arms after a single shotgun blast by all means. I'm not trying to imply they shouldn't do this. Having severe drawbacks can provide good roleplay. I'm just saying they shouldn't feel like they NEED to do it that way. I've seen people in a lot of roleplays add excessive drawbacks to their powers in an attempt to balance when it wasn't necessary. Based purely off the quirks already approved there's absolutely no need to shatter your arms after two shotgun blasts, that's a perfect example of excessive drawbacks and if they're only doing it in the idea of balance they should readdress it. Big drawbacks like that should only be used for truly powerful abilities or roleplay purposes, not "I can shoot a bunch of rubber bullets".
Fair point. Yet better people would generally as they do in real life, flock to famous schools.

And there is a difference between needing a drawback and just having one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back