BNHA: WhiteGate Academy

Aruka Datsukaeru
Maze​
f5e2ae37017f2e224513667fa3fe1c10.png
Aruka raised an eye in almost a sense of surprise back toward the pink haired girl. "Must have been some trap for you not to notice the floor spin before you." She noted almost sarcastically, noticing the other girl shuffling forward. While she wasn't exactly close, Aruka preferred to keep it that way. "We should keep some distance, incase... Another trap gets activated... Or something." Aruka was clearly trying to think of an excuse as she spoke, her words slow to come out, and slightly awkward in nature, sticking a hand out slightly as if to indicate her point.

Receding her arm, Aruka returned to facing forward, they certainly weren't out of the fire yet, and who knew what sort of frying pan awaited them. "I was below you two, I suppose, facing another dead end, I'm guessing the trap was meant to work the other way, so I should probably thank one of you." Aruka responded with little emotion, still focused one what was ahead. "Datsukaeru, I'm in your class, then again I'm not one to remember names either." She noted, giving a short chuckle to herself, it almost seemed like the girl hadn't seen her before entirely, perhaps she had done a better job than she thought of staying out of the way.

It didn't take long before they were upon another trap, an obvious short fall covered in spikes. "They have to be joking." Aruka thought to herself, before moving toward the side of the wall, and placing each appendage onto it, a small *pop* sound forming as her hands and feet would separate and stick back as she climbed along its side.

"Oh no." Was the first thought that came to mind as her body crossed a strange almost invisible fabric. Aruka began to slowly pull her body back, but it was too late, as the line broke, falling to each side . She would have called out to the others, but by the time Aruka's head twisted back to face them, the walls had rapidly begun to slam shut either side of the pit, at a rate far too fast for her to react. Her attention turned back as small buds started to extend from the wall, a strange gas escaping them, one whiff enough to make you drowsy, and the second easily able to put the victim to sleep. Holding her breath, Aruka's face rapidly moved from side to side, desperately searching for a route of escape, her body soon following suite as she began to crawl from the wall to the ceiling, searching for any possible route of escape.

Xel Xel Hanarei Hanarei

Emvi Square
Infirmary (Facilities Building)
Open for interactions.
Mentioned: Foogels Foogels , simj26 simj26

Emvi stirred lightly as she started to come to, slowly easing pain and soreness giving space for consciousness as she lightly felt about at her change in surroundings. The harsh, cold ground of the maze had been replaced by the softness of some sort of bed. Her hands groped to the side, seizing weakly on a guardrail as she opened her eyes. Were it not for the Whitegate emblem on the wall across from her, she might well have guessed that she was in a local hospital. It certainly felt as if she should have been, at any rate.

Glancing down, the girl observed the white covers draped over her body, peeling them back with an aching arm. Beneath the sheets and her standard gown was...just her. No bandages, no scrapes, no bruises, just dull pain. She let out a sigh of relief, leaning back into the bed as the prior antics in the maze began to slowly return to her. For a while, she simply remained motionless, breathing in and out.

Then, she sat up with a start, glancing around the infirmary with fully-opened eyes. "Matt?" she called, reaching to the curtains on both sides of her, pulling them back as best she could with her limited dexterity in an attempt to see if the boy was behind either of them. They had gone down hard together, hadn't they? Or was it just Emvi?

The other girl, too; I don't even know her name, Emvi thought, glancing about the beds for any sign of Claudia. Her initially frantic glances were immediately shut down as the aches and pains returned as a result of too much movement, forcing her to slump forward as she took deep breaths. Slowly, it dawned on Emvi that this was the most pain she had ever felt at once; and yet, at the same time, it felt as if barely anything had happened on their first day. Their first day. Just how much more of this was there going to be? The girl began taking deep breaths, both for the sake of calming herself, and seeing just how deeply she could breathe without incurring too much chest pain. Thankfully, it seemed that she had pretty decent range, and slowly reclined in her bed once again, reaching for the controls on the side in order to raise the back upward, allowing for a supported sitting position.

"...I guess we must've really messed up, huh," Emvi said, mostly to herself, "I have no idea how anyone's supposed to get past something like that."

Dante

Interacting with: Emvi _Line 213 _Line 213
"Oi! I said I'm fine! It's just a bruise it'll heYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOCH"

Dante's voice broke the relative silence. One of the school physicians was trying to get a closer look at a black and purple bruise that seemed to cover his entire left side, but Dante seemed more than a little reluctant to let him close. Just poking it had caused Dante's reaction. Ultimately, though, the physician forced Dante to receive treatment, against his complaints. After a few moments, Dante's torso was wrapped for reasons Dante didn't know, and his grumblings showed he wasn't exactly happy about it.

He snatched a blood pack from the Doctor when it was offered, sinking his fangs into it without looking at the physician much like a grumpy child. He never did like dealing with doctors...

Glancing at the beds, he noticed Emvi was stirring by now. "Oh, you're awake." he murmured around the bag of blood he was drinking from. "Sorry if I woke you up... Doctor wouldn't leave me the hell alone.... So what happened on your path?" Dante inquired, figuring he'd drum up conversation until they were all given permission to leave. At least it would let him do something besides sit around and face the fact that most people here were hurt a lot more than he was...

He wondered if everyone else had gotten forced solo in the maze. He knew most people started in groups, but he had to wonder how many, like him, had been forced solo.

Mathew Pilles, 5f2026ce677604dc99c9b8a4c6f25202.jpgInfirmary
Matt heard a girls voice say his name. Was it an angel? Did he die from that course? Matt wondered if Emvi and Claudia and everyone else were okay. He hoped so, at least he could help a little bit. He almost felt like he was getting lighter, then, a loud boys voice cracked through his skull and his eyes opened as he shot up. He looked around, but all he saw were white curtains and he was in a white bed. "What? Where am I?" Matt twisted his legs of the bed and felt the cold floor on his feet. He heard the noise coming from his right.

Matt stood up, he was sore everywhere. But it wasn't too bad, he could have been as beat up as Emvi she she flew into that wall. He bent forward and stuck only his head out of the curtain to see a very clueless Emvi and the boy who got into the fight drinking what looked to be blood. But Matt convinced himself it was red coolaid because if he was drinking blood it would be kind of strange.

Matt looked back at Emvi and spoke up. "Hi." He raised his hand and waved "I assume we lost? Sorry I couldn't walk you all the way. How far did you make it?" He assumed the other people would try and help a girl who was all beat up. So hopefully she made it pretty far. Matt barely remembers making it past the robotic arms when he smacked his head. He smiled toward Emvi and listened while he opened the curtain and sat down on the bed. "Damn. I slowed you down. I'm sorry." He looked down at his lap, and then decided to switch the subject so that while they were healing it wouldn't be sad too. "I thought I was dead there for a second! I woke up to a girls voice saying my name. I thought it was an angel, then Mr. Cool-aid over there yelled and woke me up." He looked over to the boy that he hadn't had the pleasure to talk to yet. He smiled and was actually excited to finally talk to him, he just hoped that he wasn't an ass.

(interactions: _Line 213 _Line 213 One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost )

Last edited:
Emvi Square
Open for interactions.
Interacting with: Foogels Foogels , One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

Emvi stared at the boy for a moment, seeming somewhat groggy as she stared at the boy for several moments. Finally, his appearance seemed to click into place, and she blinked slowly.

"...Oh." It was something of an awkward or disappointed oh, though the reason behind her tonality ultimately went unmentioned. Her eyes slowly shifted to the blood pack that the student seemed to have been gnawing on, wincing in what might have been pain, but could also have just been old-fashioned confusion.

What's he biting it for? Couldn't he just pull the top off of it and drink it instead?

"U-Um--" She looked back to the boy himself; she had seen him in the classroom, and the fact that he mentioned the maze meant that he had definitely been at the fields, but Emvi couldn't place a name for him either. She furrowed her brow for a moment, clearing her mind properly as she attempted to sort of the chronology of all the things that she remembered, before snapping back to reality and offering a shake of her head. "...Kind of a lot, basically," she began, shifting her posture a little as she attempted to grow accustomed to the sensations of bodily pain and hospital beds, "we, um...Well, there was a pitfall at the beginning, which...*I* might have set off, and then I got thrown into a wall...and then after that I was carried to a trap with a bunch of boxing gloves, and then someone else helped with that, and then, um...someone triggered some falling rocks, and then the walls closed in on us, and we had to work together to get out of that...then there were some claw arms, and, um, I think we were all basically eliminated there."

Another moment of uncomfortable shifting, and she glanced to one of the other beds, letting out a sigh of relief as Matt woke himself up and looked between the other two conscious bodies in the infirmary.

"We, um...basically went down at the same time," she confessed in answer to his question, grimacing in apology. "If anything, I'm the one that slowed you down, not the other way around," she continued, pursing her lips in protest. Before she could continue, however, Matt continued speaking.

"I thought I was dead there for a second! I woke up to a girls voice say my name. I thought it was an angel, then Mr. Cool-aid over there yelled and woke me up."

Emvi opened her mouth to respond, then shut it, immediately glancing to the far wall as she slumped against her bed. Is...that supposed to be a subtle compliment or something?

Kimi_Rivers-StudentBanner.jpg
Kimi looked back at Toki hearing her mentioning giving her the lighter traps. She blushed a bit looking a bit nervous. She lifted her hands up fiddling her fingers seemingly a bit shy at her giving her some task to do. "Ah.... y... yes... of coarse. I.. I can try and help w... with those." She spoke with a nervous nod. It was perhaps a little intimidating being given some responsibility, more for the fact of not wanting to let someone down. The idea of failing someone was something that made her feel rather uneasy. Still she would have to try, it wasn't as if they were harshly punished for failure in a school, after all mistakes were something that was expected of the students.

She stared over at Aruka as Toki had inquired about her name. She blushed a bit more, feeling a little embarrassed not even having thought about asking such a question. She fumbled a bit with her fingers nervously once more feeling a little bit awkward. It should of been the very first thing she did considering she had even thought about not noticing her in the classroom. At the very least she didn't seem to be all that upset about Toki not knowing her name and even seemed to show her own carefree nature about remembering the names of people.

"Ah... um... I'm K.. Kimi, nice to meet you." She fumbled giving a light nod in response. It was nice to have someone else around besides just Toki again. The more that were around the better. Unfortunately it didn't seem to take long before the extra body was quick to be lost. Kimi jumped a bit as suddenly Datsukaeru vanished from site encased by a wall. She kept some distance looking on. Her eyes glancing around meekly as if hoping to find some way to free the girl. She looked to Toki seeming a bit panicked.

"Oh no! Wh... what should we do?" She spoke a bit frantic as yet another student had yet again found themselves separated from her. It almost made her feel like if in some way she was some sort of bad luck charm with how bad things to befall those around her.

Xel Xel Randomfella Randomfella

Dante

Interacting with: Matt Foogels Foogels Emvi _Line 213 _Line 213
"Mr. Coolaid"

Did he actually think Dante was drinking-.. No, it was better to just roll with it. Dante casually covered the 'Bloodtype: A+' label on the blood bag with his palm as he drank from it. If he wanted to believe it was koolaid, let him keep thinking it. He listened as Emvi described her part of the maze. It seemed that every pathway was unique, meaning each time through the maze would likely be different... Well, if nothing else, that would keep things interesting.

"Oh... I forgot, we never really did the whole 'class introduction' thing here.... I'm Dante. Dante de la Cruz." He informed them as he tossed his empty blood pack into a nearby trashcan. "As for my part of the maze.... I went after Rebecca down one of the paths.. There was a small pitfall, but I think it was meant to be an annoyance, the real trap was these electroshock disc things that bombarded you the second you got across... Thankfully, Toki's quirk was good for dealing with those... I got separated from the group after that when the walls changed... I ended up dealing with these spider bots that chase you through an obstacle course while shooting at you the whole time... The worst part was they zapped anything near them when you destroyed them, so I had to keep my distance... After that I had to fight some adaptive training robot that basically copies every thing you do..." He paused, wincing a little as he remembered the robot's kick to his side.

"I managed to beat it, but.... I passed out after that. Next thing I knew, Rebecca had just managed to get to me before she passed out too.. We both got dropped out of the maze at that point... Not sure how she found me, but I'm glad she did" Dante remarked, though he stopped short of discussing her giving him blood to recover. No doubt that would come off as just a little weird, even if they could accept that he still drank blood from a blood pack.

"I guess the teacher probably wanted us all to realize we have a long way to go before we're actually Heroes, or to have the maze show us exactly where we're lacking" Dante muttered brushing his hair back and out of his face. Even if that was the intent, was forcing them into something so far out of their league the best option? Oh well, it was over now, at least. It was still frustrating to lose, but... at least he learned a few things out there...

Emvi Square
Open for interactions.

"Well...I guess so," Emvi replied, grimacing at the idea of just how far they had to go. If the rest of the training was going to be that brutal, then they had a long, long road ahead of them before they could even dream of getting to the point where the maze could be conquered. She glanced down for several moments, seemingly thinking quietly to herself, before letting out a sigh. Looking back to Dante, she raised a hand sheepishly, trying not to wince from the motion. "Um, I'm Emvi," she returned, letting her hand fall back to her side--but not too quickly. That would hurt. "You, uh, wouldn't happen to know how long it's been since we showed up here, would you?" she glanced toward the window at the far end of the room, which, fortunately for them, seemed to face the training fields as opposed to the front courtyards, or one of the other campus lawns. "The maze is still up for now, so...I'd assume there are still people in there. I wonder how well everyone is doing."

She fell silent for another moment, continuing to gaze out at the yard beyond, seeming particularly drawn, at least for a moment, towards the large, strange rock formation peeking out of the top of the training structure. "It seems like Tsurei is doing all she can, at least. Or at least did," she said, mostly to herself as she leaned slightly more upright, hoping to see if she could get glimpse of the entrance of the maze, likely hoping that she'd be able to see who had struck out so far. Sadly, their vantage point left them at the wrong orientation. "...I hope that we didn't get knocked out before everyone else..."

Mathew Pilles, 5f2026ce677604dc99c9b8a4c6f25202.jpgInfirmary
Matt looked at Emvi as she was about to respond but decided not to. He was going to ask what she was going to say when the boy spoke up introducing himself. Dante huh? That's a normal name, Matt thought to himself. He probably was a normal guy too, other than drinking bloo... Kool-Aid. Matt listened as Emvi introduced herself, kind of, it wasn't much of an introduction then it was a quick name reveal. Afterward she asked how long they had been there. Matt quickly jumped in to introduce himself too. "My name's Mattew, but just call me Matt." He scooted closer to the boy and put out a hand. "How long have we been here?"

He looked at Emvi as she started talking about everyone else. She looked both intrigued and almost sad. Though he was probably wrong. Matt walked over to the sink and grabbed one of the disposable cups and poured himself some water. He drank it in 2 gulps, then refilled it. "These cups are so small. It's kind of cute."

He looked over to Emvi with a smile "Want some water in a cute cup?" He brought over the cup that he just filled and sat next to her as he handed it to her. He looked at her, she didn't look hurt but he knew she was, how could she not? He had small bruises and was sore and got way less hurt then her. He decided to test his idea, and as she went for a drink he poked her leg. He could probably ask but she could lie to him about it. Not that he thinks she would, but sometimes admitting to pain hurts your pride.

(Mentions: _Line 213 _Line 213 One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost )

Emvi Square
Open for interactions.

"Uh--yeah, I'll take some water, if it's not too much trouble." It was an odd offer, especially the way that it was phrased, but Emvi took it nonetheless, offering a light smile as equal parts "please" and "thank-you." As Matt filled the small cup picked out for her, Emvi briefly frowned, sweeping her eyes up and down the boy's form.

Should he really be walking around? she asked herself, her worried expression immediately reverting into a light smile as Matt turned around, bringing the small cup to her. He had taken his own fair share of damage; the school's doctors must have done some work on him already, if he was so energetic despite his clearly-present injuries. She accepted the cup with a quiet thanks, cupping it in her own hands as she merely glanced down at the water instead of drinking it. It took her a while, but she eventually brought the small paper vessel up to her lips, and took in its contents in one quick pull. Only once the cooling liquid had gone down her throat did she realize just how dry her mouth was, and how thirsty she remained. Even so, it felt strange to ask Matt to get up again, seeing as the boy had just sat down again.

A shot of pain writhed up her leg, and she instinctively retracted the limb as her hand and the cup came away from her lips. "Aagh--" she exclaimed, wincing as she recoiled, looking down at her leg, before looking to the hand that had poked it. She opened her mouth to speak, but slowly shut it instead, unsure as to whether there was really anything to say. Why would he do that? Was he trying to check up on her condition? Why couldn't he have just asked? She eventually pursed her lips and looked down again. Judging by his facial expression, the motion hadn't come from a place of malice. Maybe it was all just a big misunderstanding.

Hoping not to dwell on that too long, Emvi changed the subject, reaching up to lightly push her drooping strands of hair out of the way as she looked to the window to hide her reddening face.

"--So, um--what are we supposed to be doing after this? Does anyone know? I, um...can't really remember what was written on the schedule for the first day."

c8b4cc05a6be98a14d824c5858332bc5.jpg
((So sorry guys...I know I should have posted sooner with my school nurse character at the point you all were leaving the maze...I hope this post is alright though it's a bit short and all...I'll tries to post again when I can. Just been very busy with the passing of my great grandmother...and just couldn't interact so much in my postings of rps))

Academies Nurse - Amber Stevenson
Location - Infirmary (Facilities Building)

A tall woman walked into a small office within the infirmary, taking a seat at her desk untying her hair. Long bright red hair came cascading down framing her face. With a sight she took off her gold-rimmed glasses, softly placing them on her desk and gently rubbed her reddened eyes. How she hated the idea of the maze, even if she has been working at this school for three years, she still could not get used to it. To her, the idea of this maze seemed too dangerous for the new young students. But it was not up to her how the school was run and in a way, it did prepare the young student for the dangers of being heroes. Oh, the conflict of how she felt about this whole ordeal as she looked through her bag pulling out a small bottle. Leaning her head back placing a few drops on each of her eyes. She closed her eyes letting the liquid work its effect to reduce the redness and dryness of her eyes. Amber was able to help the children in mending their wounds. A smile came across her face as she stayed leaning back in her chair. She could hear the students on the other side of the wall as they were waking up and talking amongst each other.

Last edited:
full
Stella Cain
Training Grounds, Maze
N/A
Well wasn't this a right pickle? Right where the path back to the beginning of the maze should have been, a great big steel wall had risen up to greet her. Nice and big and reflective and shiny. A real high grade, she could tell! The kind that'd make for tools and gears that'd last for years on end, if not for her entire life.

But now wasn't the time to be admiring metal, or, before she even started down that line of thought, thinking about how she'd get the school to loan her some. Sure, it took her mind off of that shame she was feeling about almost killing a third of her classmates, but avoiding your issues was just as unheroic as irresponsibility. The best she could do both for herself, and the gang, was to push through as much of this maze as she could on her own. Not that she was calculating her chances to be very high right now, but...

If there was anything heroic she could do right now, it'd be overcoming adversity, right?

Right! So, it was time to press forward. Or to the right, rather. Straight down the suspiciously roofed path that had opened as if to compensate for the entrance's absence. Looks like the architect hadn't been quite cruel enough to just force her down that pit after all.

Entering into the untouched hall, her hand hesitated for a moment, but ultimately pulled her phone into its fingers and began to record. There wasn't any point in just letting this experience go to waste, right? Even if her curiosity had almost killed the cat once already, cats were also supposed to have nine lives, weren't they?

Mmm. If she'd learned her lesson, which she was sure to tell herself she had, then there was no harm in it.

In contrast to her earlier exploits, Stella was cautious at the very least. Having no group to egg her on or watch out for also meant that she had no group to back her up. Claudia wouldn't be blocking any punches or wedging any walls apart this time, and Emvi wouldn't be sweeping in for any last minute rescues.

Haha. Was it nervousness or excitement that was making her heart rate rise right now?

God. Why wasn't anything happening? She'd been twisting and turning down this hallway for at least ten minutes now and there hadn't been a single trap. Not a single tripwire, pressure plate or swinging blade, hell, she'd even settle for another pit right now! Anything to break up this monotony. Just plain grey walls and mercilessly white lights. The tender mix of mounting tension and building boredom in her chest was worse than any horror movie.

Ten minutes.

Twenty minutes.

Thirty minutes.

Something was definitely wrong here. She'd tried running, she'd tried crawling, she'd even tried just sitting down and waiting for a while, but she'd no luck. There was no way anyone sadistic enough to design a death-maze would leave such a vast expanse of space without a single trap. It was too easy. Too nice. Too suspicious. She'd still yet to try backtracking, though, and when she did her fears were confirmed.

After only a few minutes of walking, she came up against a steel wall just as impressively sturdy as the one that'd herded her in here.

Haha! Sadistic indeed!

A wall to bottle her in. A roof to blot out the sun. A path that never seemed to end. She'd bet just about everything she owned that she was standing in some sort of rearranging maze right now. Man! How much ground had she actually covered in the past half an hour? How many times had she walked down the same hallway without noticing a thing? Ten times? Twenty times? Thirty times? Ahaha! Even if she was supposed to be behaving dourly and reprehensively right now, she couldn't stop the smile that spread across her lips when the situation she was in hit her. She'd fallen for it hook, line, and sinker; And she wouldn't have it any other way.

Now if that was the case, there was definitely some sort of gimmick.

Did she have to find a hidden panel?

Fifty minutes. Nope.

Maybe it had something to do with the lights?

An hour. No dice. Just sore eyes.

It was a good thing these halls were so plain and boring, otherwise, she'd have a lot more options to exhaust. The two easy options were quick enough to get out of the way, so now only one remained. Trail and error. If she was thinking along the right lines, then this was some sort of directional puzzle. Take the right turns in the right order, and you'll eventually find your way out. Or at least, so she hoped. The architect wouldn't be so boring as to make the only way out of this place to be some sort of brute force option like blowing the door down, right?

Absolutely right.

It was a slow process. Taking a right and then a left. Taking a right and then a right. Taking a left and then a left. Backtracking after each one to see which made the path back to the wall just that little bit longer. But it was a steady one. Three minutes. four minutes. Five minutes. That route back to the beginning got longer and longer, until she finally spotted a ray of yellow light that stood out at the end of the now-too-familiar hallway of white and she knew she'd found victory.

Or least she did until she saw how long she'd been recording for.

"I hadn't fought a kid like that in awhile." Said Executioner.
"More than anything I'd love to see what happens to them when they get older. But now I'm abit interested in the next generation of quirks."
Our new recruit will be doing fine, even if her quirk is useless, we can use a few spies.
Oh what now? Personally I've been looking at possible schools. There are a few which might have potential quirks to experiment with. But we need a plan to deal with the pro heroes.

"If at all personally I wanna get rid of the #1 hero. It'd cripple the countries hope. And then we could kill the rest with ease. But it'd be too hard."
"I have an idea."

Dante

"It's only been about ten minutes since y'all everyone got brought up here" Dante remarked, picking up another blood pouch from the nearby counter. This time, he unscrewed the top before drinking from it 'normally' now that his earlier irritation with the doctor had ebbed away. He needed to replenish his blood supply, after all, and this was the fastest way to do it.

"I was hoping they wouldn't notice my side, but I ended up bumping it on something and that blasted doctor wouldn't let it go.." He grumbled, glaring at the wall. "I got told I'm supposed to stay here until we're excused. I can't really remember what comes after this, though." he admitted. Frankly, it didn't really matter to him. He was more concerned with when Revy was gonna wake up. She got banged up a lot worse than he did and lost a lot of blood. And, unlike him, she needed to have it given to her intravenously for it to recover.

Not that he was at all useful as a donor, given his blood type could only donate to itself...

At least he had their names now. Matt and Emvi. They seemed nice enough. Certainly a lot nicer than Eric and the other shitstains he'd dealt with up till now...

Mathew Pilles, 7323bf9753290e8b2e84dcc6ce16be86.jpgInfirmary
Matt went to reach for his phone but remembered that he left it in the locker that was provided to him for gym. He then looked at Emvi and smiled giving a shrug. "My phones in the locker room. I can't check if I wanted to. Though after going through that a little brake is nice." Matt then realized how close he was to Emvi and how it might have been a little weird for him to be sitting there. But when he tried to move, his body yelled at him. he came an inch off the bed and his body locked, it was aching. He sat back down and tried to make it look like he was just readjusting himself.

Matt looked out the window to see what Emvi was looking at, and he just saw a mess of a maze. Rocks jutting out of the top, slight marks in the walls, and multiple triggered traps. He then heard the boy tell them it's only been about 10 minutes since they were there. Matt thought that the nurse here must be pretty awesome if he was able to move well until now.

He looked at Emvi with a smile and a slight blush, if his body didn't want to move then he would have to talk about something. "So what's your favorite game? I like more open world medieval type games like 'Venture till Valhalla'. That's not my favorite but it's one I've sunk a second or two into." Matt pulled his legs up and slowly moved them into a criss cross sit. He winced as they bent but quickly returned his normal smile. Before Emvi could respond he looked back to the boy that he almost forgot about as he grabbed more "cool-aid" and quickly asked "Speaking of, Dante, you like playing video games?" He didn't know anything about the Dante and didn't want to be rude by totally ignoring him.

(mentions: _Line 213 _Line 213 One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost AquaMarie AquaMarie )

Last edited:
Claudia
Damn it.

She would have believed the bright light in her eyes was heaven if it didn't sear into her corneas so much. She decided it must be hell. She grunted, and forced herself into a sitting position on the bed. Her arms protested, as if they had lost all strength in them, but she persisted. Her head spun, but she was very sure it was just the fact that she had just gotten up so quickly. She had no watch, and the curtains that shrouded her bed blocked any view to any clock. She grunted, pushing past her swimming vision, and got up from her bed. She reached forwards to the curtains, before she paused. Lines ran across her entire arm, starting from her fingertips all the way up her arm, until her shoulder. What…happened to her? She raised her other hand to trace the lines, and noted that her left arm, too, was similarly marked. The lines seemed like scars- red and uneven from the normal coloured skin around it, though the lines now seemed to cover more ground than actual skin. They branched out here and there, making a complex tree-like sequence up towards her shoulder, connecting here and there, weaving an almost hypnotic path. There was something that she noticed too- her sleeves were torn at the shoulders as well.

What happened? She only remembered Shutterbug stepping on the tripwire.

Her headache throbbed. Nothing she can't handle. She had to get her bearings back. How much time had she lost? Was Shutterbug alright? Then there were the other kids with them. What were their names again? She remembered that there was Matt, and she thought she remembered Fischer’s face, but that was impossible. He broke off from her early…

She grimaced and clutched at her head as a sharp pain shot through her temples. Thinking about this was not going to get her anywhere. She ought to get out there and find out more herself. She took hold of the curtains and threw them open.

Her first sight was a couple of familiar faces. “Matthew. Ravenboy. And you’re…” Claudia glanced at the other girl, and was instantly hit with another sharp pain to her temples. “I’m sorry, I don’t-- I don’t remember you.” Claudia did her best to prevent the pain from seeping into her expression. “Claudia Diamante. Pleasure to meet you. Even you.” She nodded to Ravenboy. “I’m sure we’ve gotten off on the wrong foot. We could start off the wrong one again.” She grinned, and extended a hand to Dante.

One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost _Line 213 _Line 213 Foogels Foogels

Emvi Square
Interacting with: Foogels Foogels , One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost , simj26 simj26

"Wait, y-you've played Venture 'till Valhalla? I-Isn't that kind of a rare one?" It was all Emvi could do to continue hiding her flushing cheeks, staring intently at the window for several more moments in hopes that her embarrassment would go away. Matt was right there, and he was talking to her about things she liked and--

Okay, stop, stop right there, time to stop, deep breath, stop. Thank goodness for that brief moment of mental clarity, even if Emvi outwardly seemed a little embarrassed still. He's just trying to be nice, that's what nice people do. Nice people are nice to other people, that's it.

"A-Anyway, yeah, that one's...good. I like the Ancient Pages too," she replied, finally pulling her eyes away from the window, looking toward her lap instead. "I think that one's my favorite, especially Worldspire, Gaulem mages make for, um...pretty good builds in that one." Finally, she managed to look at Matt properly, offering a bit of a light smile. "Though I know a lot of people like the third game more. It was a little before my time, I think." She opened her mouth to continue, but before she could, the sounds of someone shifting in the bed to her opposite side pulled her attention away from games again. Her eyes widened slightly as Claudia's face turned towards her, making it clear that she was indeed the person in the other bed.

It's that girl!

Emvi shook her head as the other girl spoke to her. "I don't think we ever really gave each other names anyway," she said, offering a light smile, "I'm Emvi, it's...good to see that you're okay. You, um, went through a lot keeping the walls open for all of us, so...maybe you should rest. And, um, thanks for going along with everything back there. And for saving us, and, um...yeah." She looked down again. That was probably a lot to dump on someone who had just woken up.

Dante

Interacting with: Claudia simj26 simj26 Matt Foogels Foogels Emvi _Line 213 _Line 213
"Speaking of, Dante, you like playing video games?"

Crap.

"Video games are fun, but I never really got into them..." Dante muttered. He'd never owned a video game system, and his sleepy town didn't have a local arcade, so video games were one of those things he was aware of, but had never really had a chance to partake in save for a few rare occasions. He just listened to the other two talk, since he, really, had nothing to contribute on the video game conversation.

The curtains being moved from one bed drew his attention as he sipped on his blood pouch.

I’m sure we’ve gotten off on the wrong foot. We could start off the wrong one again.

Dante realized he was probably giving her a less-than-kind look. He hadn't forgotten her attempt at manipulation-through-insult, after all. To say he didn't take kindly to such tactics would be... a bit of an understatement.

"Dante de la Cruz. And 'wrong foot' would be a bit of an understatement" Dante remarked, though he still shook the offered hand. No doubt she'd feel the cool metal of the rings he wore on his thumb, assuming she had any feeling in her hands. "You don't get a second chance at a first impression, but given what it sounds like you did in the maze... I think I can afford to give you a second chance to show me what kind of person you are." He murmured before sucking on the blood pouch once more, though now he forgot to cover the label.

Frankly, if it wasn't for what Emvi said, and for the rather obvious pain she went through in the maze, Dante would have told her to fuck off if she thought she could just smile like it never happened. That's not to say he trusted her, or that he was just gonna forget what she had said and done. No, this just meant he was gonna give her a chance to change his current opinion of her, which was far from good. He was still going to be wary of any attempts at manipulation.

Though, it was difficult to judge her now. Someone that was only out for manipulation wouldn't suffer those kind of injuries in a training maze. Maybe she wasn't as caustic as she originally came off. He'd give her a chance for now to prove she wasn't like the children he knew growing up.

She wouldn't get another second chance from him.

Fischer
Interactions: Open
Mentions: None

Fischer had slowly started to melt into the cool concrete, relaxed and tired, when it disappeared.

He fell into an unceremonious lump before quickly adjusting himself into a cross-legged seating position. He winced as the welt on his buttock shrieked in agony upon having weight applied to it. The pain soon faded, and Fischer was able to put almost half his weight on it. Still sat with a mean leftward lean though.

Heterochromatic eyes scanned the vicinity. He was on a conveyor belt of sorts, with many paths meeting and splitting from his own.

How big was this maze? Could he try again later, if there was a later?

Eventually, the entrance showed itself. Fischer stood up on the conveyor belt and heavily stepped off at the end.

It was the entrance of the maze. The conveyor belts where the maze escape. So at least he knew where everyone ended up, here and then probably nursing station or Infirmary, whatever term they decided to give to it.

Fischer got directions to the infirmary, and slowly began to limp that way. His right leg, the one that took a bolt in the butt, refused to articulate, leaving him dragging a stiff, useless limb behind him. His back and left shoulder were similarly useless.

His head hurt. He hurt. If those crossbow bolts hadn't been blunted, they'd probably be sticking out his front right now.

Cheery thought, that.

Several minutes went by, and finally Fischer found the infirmary, after getting lost once or twice. Three times. Shut up.

With a groan, Fischer pushed open the infirmary door and stepped inside.

Well, it was good to see some people still alive, and awake. But they were having a conversation.

So Fischer pulled up a chair, one a but away from the group, and slowly sat himself back down.

He chose to listen to the conversation rather than think about his performance within the maze. It was just easier like that.

TOKIHANA ELLIONTraining Maze

sample_bf8b0ce652551d3bd2a4f8742fe9a4f2.jpg
"Was a little preoccupied with our own trap." The green girl's little bite wasn't lost on her, so she couldn't help but offer her own little retort. Her eyes and focus couldn't be on everything at once. Even she had blind spots. At the mention of keeping their distance she slowed her pace a bit. "Right." Wouldn't do them any good if they were all wrapped up by the same trap. As they made their way forward the green girl opened up, even if only slightly, to answer her previous question. Being beneath them? That meant the maze had multiple levels. That automatically meant her strategy for maze clearing was out the window. Even without the traps it was unlikely any of them would finish in the time limit if the maze was really that expansive. As for the trap, was probably activated when she was dealing with the vines. Happy coincidence, maybe. But it gave them a new member to replace the ones they lost, so it worked out in the end.

"Well, you're welcome I guess. Datsuka... Datsruk..." Her attempt at pronouncing the girls name failed miserably. Sure her own name was asian-sounding, sure she was half-japanese. But they spoke english here, and that kind of name did not meld well. "Do you have something easier to call you? As for me, Toki. You can just call me Toki." She offered her name directly after Kimi offered hers. At least their names were easy to pronounce, unlike Datsuwhatever. And if said Datsuwhatever didn't come up with something easier she'd just have to come up with a name her. The green girl probably didn't want someone like Toki making up a nickname for her, though, so the least she could do was give the girl a chance to offer a decent name. Of course, before she could get a proper answer they were stopped by yet another trap. And, low and behold, it was another pitfall. Although this one had nasty-looking spikes in it.

She kept her eyes peeled as the green girl began crawling along the wall. Really strong Frog vibes from her, that was for sure. But then it all happened so fast. She couldn't even register it properly. The vanguard of their group recoiled as walls slammed behind them to trap them. On reflex she sent her shield to the space behind them in an attempt to block the door, but it was too late. They were properly sealed in. "Shit!" Toki swept her focus back to the green girl, her mouth open as she was about to say something only to be cut off by the gas being pumped into the room. It took her a few moments to realize, already breathing some of it in before she could hold her breath. The effects were immediate. Her eyes felt heavy, her entire body lethargic. The shields drooped to the ground as she found holding them up to be immensely more difficult than it should be.

Still, she couldn't just let them down. She was certain that out of the three she had the strongest quirk. Given the frantic movements of the frog and Kimi's self-proclaimed 'light objects' telekinesis neither of them had any way of dealing with this. Toki flung her arm out in the direction of the emitters, one of her shields flying forward to slam into the little buds and destroy them. She repeated the process, trying to destroy and clog up all the nozzles spewing gas into the chamber. Even if she got most of them, it didn't solve the actual problem. Hell, she could have gotten every single one, the gas already in the chamber was still there though and the combination of her dwindling breath and immense drowsiness was making it difficult to keep going. Her eyelids grew ever heavier as her mouth threatened to burst open in search of oxygen. In a vain attempt she slammed her shield into the wall that had closed in behind them. Again. And again. And again. She kept throwing her two shields into the wall, ultimately doing little more than creating small dents. But with every throw she was using up her precious oxygen supply and before she knew it she simply couldn't hold her breath any longer. With a large gasp she gulped in air, and the gas that filled it, collapsing to the ground only moments later. From the rise and fall of her chest it was obvious she was still alive, but she was out like a light. The pair of shields floating idly beside her as her two classmates were left to fend for themselves.

Training Maze
Hanarei Hanarei Randomfella Randomfella

Mathew Pilles, e10fa37412039ef057c05cffe9713d8a.jpgInfirmary
Matt was surprised that Emvi knew so much about games. Matt played them and had a small collection but he was usually busy with track or wrestling leaving video games mainly for the weekends and he normally played them for 2-5ish hours at most a day during the weekend. He would call himself a casual gamer, but Emvi seemed to know a good amount about them. And she had good taste in games. Matt responded to Dante first so that he didn't leave him hanging, but he wanted to lock into conversation with Emvi, Matt was beginning to see how interesting she was as a person.

"That's a shame, video games are fun. You should try them out again, the graphics are better now then they probably were when you tried them last." He then looked back to Emvi and casually blurted "The story element seems to be getting worse though." He chuckled a little and kept the conversation going as to not make it too awkward that he couldn't get up. "I didn't actually know it was that rare, I just loved playing in my free time. A lot of little secrets to find. Sadly I didn't have a lot of time to find said secrets, I was only really able to play on the weekends." He gave a smile with a small blush of embarrassment for not knowing it was rare.

Matt then heard Claudia say his name and offer another "first impression". Matt wondered if maybe she got hit too hard in the head. This type of conversation seemed different from when he first met Claudia and especially from in the maze. Matt listened as Emvi really introduced herself and thanked her for cooperation. Even though if she didn't cooperate then she probably would have been out of the maze even sooner. Then before Matt could say anything Dante gave a response of frustration that instantly changed to forgiveness. "Hey, are you alright Claudia? You took a lot of damage in that maze. And sorry for slowing you down there at the end, it was really cool to try and save us even though you were being clawed at, thank you." Matt smiled and then looked back to Emvi to continue the conversation. Matt liked to talk to everyone and include everybody but Matt was having fun talking with Emvi, and since they were all taking a brake in the nurses office he might as well continue to enjoy the conversation.

(Mentions: _Line 213 _Line 213 One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost simj26 simj26 )

Last edited:
Emvi Square
Interacting with: Foogels Foogels , One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost , simj26 simj26 , Elysium Elysium

"Y-Yeah! It...well, it didn't sell very well, so they stopped selling it kind of early, plus it's a little before our time. Maybe it has a digital release now, but...it's kind of a shame, you know, because it is really good." She offered a slight smile, growing into the conversation a little more as she found herself in her comfort zone as far as conversations were concerned. "I found mine at a garage sale! I wasn't even looking for it or anything like that, it was just in a big box of last-gen games being sold for cheap. To be honest I, um...didn't even really know that the game was a thing until I played it." That didn't seem like something worth being apologetic over, but Emvi seemed a little embarrassed over that fact all the same. "But...yeah, you're right about the Ancient Pages. It's probably because everyone wants everything to be voice-acted these days, so you can't really write as much story stuff. Though...they announced a new game recently, so maybe they'll fix that in the next one!" She was oddly optimistic, perhaps even excited, over something so simple. "I think they can do it."

As Matt glanced over to the other two, Emvi fell silent, letting the two of them sort out their differences with a quiet, curious eye. She hadn't overheard whatever the two went through, but it certainly sounded like something the girl--no, Claudia--would do. She had been that way in the maze to them as well, but, knowing what she did shortly afterward, perhaps that kind of gruffness merely came from a desire to watch others succeed, or something like that.

At least, that's what I want to believe.

Emvi's wandering eye pulled away from the two as the sound of a turning doorknob announced the entry of another student. She didn't know the name of the boy that entered either, but she did recognize his face. She offered him a slight wave, along with a smile, before turning back to Matt when it appeared that the boy would rather remain silent for the time being.

"...Hey, do you play Hyper Hero Rumble?"

Aruka Datsukaeru
Maze​
f5e2ae37017f2e224513667fa3fe1c10.png
"No, no, no, no, no!" Emerald eyes darted from each corner of the room, her mind desperately searching for a way out of this chamber, there had to be a way! It didn't matter how unorganised the school was, they surely weren't going to give no route of escape! As quickly as she could, Aruka moved across the wall, passing the pit between what was now two closed doors. Her lungs gasped for air, her mind begging for relief, yet she couldn't give up so easily, she wasn't about to show she didn't have what it took.

An audible *squelch* escaped as the green girl leapt from the wall onto the floor ahead, her body soon tumbling over to follow, the effects of holding her breath in clearly taking effect. Her petite frame was starting to convulse, head snapping back and forth searching for even the slightest ounce of oxygen. Her hands weakly scoured the walls, feeling for a switch, lever, button, something! Until finally... As her hand dragged along a small part of the condensed rock, a mechanism began to move within, a section of rock slowly shifted along. Aruka's eyes popped open in surprise, sparks of hope igniting within them, turning her head back and forth toward the two exits. She was just in time to see Toki passed out, those strange shields of her's following, the obvious dents left in the wall somewhat noticeable from her position.

There had to be a pattern, this surely wasn't some sick trick to make her think there was a way out, right? Her mind was almost drained of energy by this point, all she could think of was taking a breath of fresh air, or to be more accurate, a deep gulp of the now engulfing fumes. Yet she attempted to press on, dragging her fingers along the wall, more mechanisms followed, yet none seemed to make any progress to the door's activation. The suction cups that covered her fingers began to scrape and bruise, slightly cutting on the harsh, abbrasive material which substituted the outside of the labyrinth. As another mechanism set off, resetting all of the walls movement back to their original position, like some inset failure mechanism, Aruka could hold out no more, her lungs almost forcing her mouth open. "Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhth" She gasped for air, and so it came, along with whatever now filled the room. As the slight relief hit her, lungs still burning inside from the restraint, her mind began to numb, her body falling uncontrollably to the floor. All this work, all this time in this damned labyrinth, only to fail.

Xel Xel Hanarei Hanarei

Mathew Pilles, f5c69009ce6356e6de64c283b59720d6.jpgInfirmary
Matt looked back at Emvi to see her looking by the door and a moment later the door opened and Matt saw FIscher walk in through the door. He came in quietly and pulled up a chair, he was quiet, though I guess it always seemed that way. He was a soldier boy. Matt would have to break into him at some point, make him more friendly. But now wasn't the time, he looked back to Emvi and looked at her eyes. They were brown, people normally like the blue and green eyes, but Matt actually preferred brown eyes, wait, what am I thinking about, stop it, you're too close to think anything weird. Matt continued his smile until she brought up the question for Hyper Hero Rumble.

Matt moved his arm and slightly scratched the back of his head, he gave a smile with his face having a slight tint of pink in the cheeks, "I've only played 'VII : Hyper Revolt'. But I know all the other ones are good too, I just only played that game." Matt wasn't embarrassed to say why he only played that one, but he didn't think it was necessary to point out why. He knew why, it had his favorite pro hero in it. "I'm super excited for the new one though! 'HHR XI : Power Gap'! They're bringing back some of the hero's from past games and adding new hero's that are lower on the scale, it looks super cool." Matt normally didn't get all that hyped about games but being able to play as his favorite hero made him more hyped then normal.

Matt's posture straightened and he was more happy and bouncy. His face was pink and he was surprised to be having such a good time while being sore beat up and in the nurses office. But it seemed like he was helping distract from the pain for Emvi at least since she seemed to be happy talking about games. He quickly turned to see the other, instantly regretting the fast turn as his back shot a sore aching pain up it. He put his hand down on the bed and didn't move anymore. He then asked with a smile while hiding the pain "Have any of you played Hyper Hero Rumble? It's a really fun game." He then turned back to Emvi somehow forgetting the pain that he just experienced and it came back faster then it left as he looked at Emvi he smiled to hide the pain hoping she would continue the conversation.

(Mentions: One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost _Line 213 _Line 213 simj26 simj26 Elysium Elysium )

Ryuu Drake
kurosaki.jpg

Ryuu had suddenly awoken. He sat up in bed trying to remember what had happened. How had he gotten beaten. He felt a sharp pain in his neck and head. Other than that he had no wounds or anything. even the pain he was feeling was beginning to subside as he stood up and pulled his curtain across. He stood in front a bunch of his new class mates and realized from a quick glance in a mirror that his body wasn't actually all that badly damaged, he had lost his suit jacket and his shirt was ripped on the back. He suddenly began to recount the events that had happened.

Maze
Ryuu had just protected the two women from the falling rocks he had triggered. The bone structure he had created to shield his self and the two others from the rocks slowly began to disintegrate and seemed to sink back into him as Ryuu restructured the bone so it became super brittle and just faded in the wind. Suddenly he heard a voice berating him as he offered his had to both women and it got slapped away.

Ryuu sort of just stared at his had for a second as he stood back up. He seemed like he was a dumbfound but in actuality his skin was boiling in rage. He felt his bones begin to strain against his skin and cut through like they once had before when he couldn't control his quirk. He found himself now clinching his fist and grinding his teeth hard. He never expected a thank you from the girl, it was his fault after all. But for him to deserve such a berating was unprecedented.

He could hear his bones crunching in his ears, so loud that it drowned out any sound, the ones of a girl standing up for him even if it was unintentional, and the ones of another girl activating a trap. He realized that he was sinking deeper and deeper into his anger, today was a shitty day, he was already in a bad mood and even something so simple as a woman telling him where to go had gotten him this mad. He began taking long deep breaths to calm himself like he learned in therapy.

Soon his bones stopped pressing against the inside of his flesh and the crunching in his ears had stopped. He soon realised that the trap that had activated was a closing wall one and most people were already half ways through it. "Bone Morph: Leg extension" He said as his legs began to straighten out a bit more around the ankles give him support as if he were stood on his tippy toes, a method of lengthening the legs to give him a longer stride distance and more speed.

He began running through the closing corridor as the group ahead of him began to use some sort of supper move. He soon realised that he had started running through way too late and the walls were pressing against his shoulders now. "So this is where I die huh?" he said as the floor suddenly let go beneath him and he fell as the walls slammed shut above. As he fell he somehow managed to flip upside down and land right on top of his head. Everything instantly went black.

Infirmary
Ryuu realized that his legs were still in maximum stride form and he quickly shifted them back. "So... Whats up every one?" He asked still kind of out of it from hitting his head.

One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost _Line 213 _Line 213 Foogels Foogels simj26 simj26 Elysium Elysium

Users who are viewing this thread

Back