BNHA: WhiteGate Academy

Blackvelvet

The story so far:
Students have come to White Gate academy from all around the globe to be a part of the wonderful boarding school. The school offers a variety of courses but right now the students are in class 1-A. After arriving at the school and chatting with their fellow class mates they have become familiar with one another and the school year started. After a series of unfortunate mishaps, teachers dropping like rocks, overall lewdness, and a shit load of pitfall traps the students now find themselves stuck within one of three groups in a massive labyrinth filled with traps. Time is running short and thestudents find themselves stuck on what to do next...

1524629070289.png
Rebecca Black
Feeling: Calm
Whitewater: Training grounds
Interaction: One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Xel Xel
Rebecca smiled at Toki as she explained her quirk. "So basically you have to show some skin to get to the fun stuff?" she asked as Toki showed off her quirk. She smiled at her as Dante also joined the group and was stammering like an idiot. "hehe, Dante if you wanted to see that you know you could have just asked me" she said with a devilish grin. She morphed back into the darkness and snuck up behind Toki again before revealing herself and hugging her from behind, "Aww your so cute its adorable how you get all embarrassed and such. Dont worry I'll protect you from the mean vampire" she said sticking her tongue out towards Dante. She morphed back into darkness and went up behind Dante without making a sound and gave his neck a little nibble. "hehe, whose the vampire now?" she asked with a wide smile.

She heard the other girl speak up again and Rebecca tilted her head... Wow she does not have much of a presence... She thought to her self as the girl seemed so out of place. She grabbed hold of Dante "Oh by the way that was my quirk, blackout, lets me morph with the shadows to become basically a ninja" she said before pausing and looking back at the other girl, "so anyways.... Who are you again?" she asked while tilting her head.

Survival Strategy: Railgun
Crazy Maze (Training Grounds)
Written by: simj26 simj26 , Foogels Foogels , _Line 213 _Line 213

If any of those who were attempting to converse with Claudia had paid more attention to her visage, they would have noticed that the girl was not exactly receiving everything that was being said. A persistent beat drummed in her ears, the sound of her blood rushing through her body, a dull pain stung her arms, from where the rolling graphene had not only just spread to her shoulders, all the way to her neck in an attempt to maintain its sturdiness, but was starting to crack under pressure. The ferrokinetic Matt had alleviated the weight somewhat, but the gesture was slightly too late.

Yet, when the other girl who had chided her earlier spoke to her, some of the words she had said seemed to seep into those unhearing ears.

Matt, however, wasn’t too sure what was going on. The adrenaline had kicked in and his heart was pounding in his ears; he went along with what was said, offering a nod and keeping his arms out.

“This is it. Survival strategy: Railgun!”

Emvi took in a deep breath as Matt huddled closer to Claudia, and did her best to wrap her arm around the two of them, locking her hands firmly behind Claudia’s back, though with some difficulty. “Uh...Squish in a bit,” she said, ruining the moment for a split second but getting a better grip on her hands as soon as the three were pressed together a little more effectively. Now sandwiched between two very cute girls, Matt blushed, looking over Claudia to gauge the scope of the trap. It wasn't too far of a gap; he could hold the walls apart, but maybe not while flying forward.

Emvi grit her teeth and narrowed her eyes, shifting her legs slightly in order to get the best stance she could for the push. Dull pain washed upward from her leg in waves, and at the end of all this, it was only going to get worse. Yet, at this point, everyone was counting on everyone else. That prickling, tingling feeling intensified, and Emvi took in a deep breath, before starting the countdown. Matt's rushing blood made it difficult to hear, though he did catch her calls.

“On three! One!”

It hurts, but that’s okay. I’m fine. The pain isn’t real.

“Two!”

One final shifting of her foot. Everything you have, Em. All at once.

“THREE!”

Emvi bent her legs, and pushed off; the blast of air pushing in both directions through the narrow corridor echoed like a gunshot from wall to wall, the trap struggling even still as it fought to press together. Manabu shields pressed back against the metal walls, cracking and snapping one by one as the group continued to shoot forward, partially accelerated by Matt’s fields. The space around them grew slimmer and slimmer, the freedom at the end of the hall narrowing even as they approached. They were running out of room, yet the end of the hallway was seconds away.

“Matt! Tilt us sideways!” Emvi shouted, shifting her body as best she could on her own. Just barely, the group rolled thanks to Matt's efforts, shoulders aligned with the walls themselves as they slimmed their profile just enough to avoid scraping against the walls. Barriers continued to crack, several of them shattering as the walls increased their force. Several managed to hold, with the narrow amount of space left at the end of the doom-hall decided on solely by those, and a lone stone plugged into the very end of the trap.

We can do it. We’re so close!

What felt like an eternity was only a few seconds. In an instant, the group of three shot out of the far end of the trap, the final barriers breaking into nothingness, and the stone rendered a fine powder as the metal walls clanged together with a boom rivaling an explosion. Emvi took a deep breath, looking out at the wide, open corridor of the maze with tears of pain, surprise, and joy.

I feel like I’m flying.

Snap back to reality. “I’m letting go!” she shouted back to the others, pulling her arms back, then pushing against the group. The group split apart, with Emvi flying towards the left wall, scraping against it before tumbling to the ground and rolling to a stop farther on down the hallway. Turning over onto her back, she took in several deep, rasping breaths, one arm shakily moving over to clasp her shoulder.

Matt stopped pushing the walls apart the second they had left them, and began pulling himself and Claudia towards the walls to try and reduce their momentum. Claudia’s skin turned black and her grip hardened as the duo began to lose altitude, and Matt finally relaxed, letting himself fall onto Claudia. The girl, even in her blind fervor, wrapped her arms around him, and covered her body in black graphene. Black spikes tore from the back of her calves, digging into the ground, grinding them to a halt, before they returned back to her body. The dark material receded from her body, and she released Matt, but not before collapsing to the floor with him in tow.

As soon as he stood, Matt reached a hand down to Claudia, but the blonde refused, instead struggling to clamber up to her feet alone, moved entirely by her own power. Her breathing heavy and staggered, she took one look at both her hands, the skin up to her arms visible under the torn rags that had been her uniform. The skin was raw, ruptured and bleeding, as if it had been grinded against coarse gravel. Claudia clenched her fists, forcing the pain to dull itself by sheer exposure, then wrapped her arms in graphene. She could still keep going. She tore the bloodied remains of her sleeves away from her uniform and began walking toward the girl that just slingshotted them out of the trap.

“I-- we have to keep going. We wasted too much time,” she grunted with some effort, the pain yet to have made it out of her system.

Claudia’s point having been made, Matt rushed over to Emvi and pulled her onto his back without hesitation or invitation. In the interim between her landing and Claudia’s recovery, the girl had devolved into a brief bout of relieved laughter. “I--I can’t believe we did that!”

“Your quirk is awesome but also not awesome.” Matt said, chuckling lightly and hoping it didn’t come off as rude. The girl, much like before, was far lighter than what she had just done would suggest, and she was firmly held by the magnet-boy. “You can have immense strength and power at the expense of actually hurting yourself terribly.” Matt then winced as the adrenaline started to back down and he could feel his head pounding. His face was red and he couldn’t really think straight. All he knew was that he was going to carry Emvi.

The girl offered something of a weak smile, the adrenaline fading for her as well as the intensity of her own pain began to ramp up. “Yeah, it’s...something. It is what it is.” Her smile grew a little bit, far from forced despite her state. She looked down at Matt, then glanced to Claudia, forcing herself forward with everything she had. There was a slight glint of admiration in her eyes, especially upon noticing Claudia’s subtle change of phrase.

...One day, I’ll be able to get up again, just like that.

She tightened her grip around Matt, and nodded briskly. “Okay! She's right. Let’s keep going!”

If we work together, we can get through anything this maze has to throw at us.

John Swann

John released Emvi's shoulder as a blinding light engulfed him. The pain in his eyes nearly unbearable he closed them tightly, bringing a hand over them to block the light that seemed to burn right through his eyelids. Leaning against the iron wall to support himself while he was unable to see he felt something odd. Was the wall moving, pushing against him. The grinding of astoundingly powerful gears could be heard, the force behind the wall clearly unstoppable with John's level of power.

The only thing that could stop them it seemed was the blonde from earlier. Her arms a deep black, as if they had just been encrusted in some kind of metal or stone. "Hardening?" He questioned aloud to himself, easily seeing the similarity between her quirk and a few heroes of the past. Hearing the others call for him and the others to leave the hall John complied as best he could. Quickly squeezing past those in front of him he ran to the safety of the end of the hall. John trusted the other students, he felt they knew what they were doing. After all, they had made it into the academy just like him.

Watching Emvi burst forth just as the walls snapped shut John stood in awe. To him it seemed as though she had taken his brute force and utilized it to her own desire, a quirk of clear power, and something just like many quirks, could surpass his. "Are you guys okay?" John spoke as he rushed to the three of them, all of them clearly feeling different levels of pain and injury. "I doubt we're much farther in than a hundred yards. I don't know if we can make it if it just keeps getting harder."

Ok, so they are sensor lasers. Thank goodness Tsurei stopped those boulders…….with a giant tree-ish stone pillar…………..hopefully he would never have to train against her. Though it seemed that move exhausted her a bit.
But now what? The lasers did leave gaps between them. I guess it might be possible to slip through them, but there is too big of a risk of triggering another trap…..But there may not be another way so….
Daisuke was about to move into the lasers, but Tsurei apparently noticed something…some kind of dial? And some symbols.
“Oh..well…ok……where do we start?” He asked.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

full
Stella Cain
Training Grounds, Badass Maze
simj26 simj26 Elysium Elysium Foogels Foogels _Line 213 _Line 213 NightMoves NightMoves
A few moments after the crushed slammed to a close, Stella's back fell against it with a sigh of relief. Everyone had gotten out okay. Jeez, talk about Plus Ultra. Here she was throwing rocks around, and there they were, cracking out special moves with one-liners to boot.

Ah... It'd only been a fraction of a day and she was already having people clean up her messes for her. But, chastising herself about it wouldn't help anybody. Staying slumped against the newly-made wall, Stella slipped her phone from her pocket and began to note down her experiences. Special moves, Manabu's Quirk, so on and so on. Just to take a break, or something along those lines, because it didn't take a genius to tell that she was in a pickle at this point. She'd been separated from the group, and she hadn't even been able to get past the first few traps through her own power.

The thought of just calling it quits occurred to her, but that didn't exactly scream Plus Ultra, did it? Even if she was feeling ashamed of herself, there was no excuse to go giving up the ghost just because she'd been set back a little. Well, more like a lot, but the sentiment still stood. Hopping to her feet to a huff, she surveyed her options. Option, rather, because she only really had one choice. To backtrack.

If memory served, Tsurei had headed right so she'd try her luck on the other path. Maybe clinging to a familiar face would be the more responsible choice on her behalf, but she didn't want to get herself carried on anyone else's back. And Tsurei, bless her heart, had already shown herself of being more than willing of doing just that.

She just hoped that nobody was going to go about worrying that she'd been flattened in the crusher.

Last edited:

Dante

Some would call it a sixth sense. Others would call it a 'danger sense'. Whatever name you chose to gave it, Dante had a gut feeling he was in serious, serious danger.

He dared to peek through his fingers and saw what looked, in the dim light, to be a small car hurtling towards him! There wasn't time to think. His body just moved as he dove out of the way just before he found himself smashed against the wall like a bug, rolling to his feet. "Holy shit!" he gasped out, his heart pounding in his chest as he looked at the massive shield now resting against the wall.

"Aww your so cute its adorable how you get all embarrassed and such. Dont worry I'll protect you from the mean vampire"

What the fuck?! Revy had it backwards, Dante was the one who needed protecting here! For fuck's sake, she'd tried to flatten him when he had his eyes closed! Just as that thought crossed his mind, his body went rigid as he felt warmth upon his neck.

"hehe, whose the vampire now?"

If his heart got any more jolts like this, he'd have a heart attack before he was even old enough to drink. So that was Revy's quirk... At night, she'd be basically unstoppable. Right now though, in broad daylight, there wasn't much she could do in this maze it seemed. He felt his cheeks flush a little as she seemed to hold him from behind. For now, he hopped Revy being in the crossfire would keep Toki from trying to kill him as he kept his eyes diverted away from her. Now, though, there was no way in hell he was covering his eyes.

Her shields, used like that, would be extremely good for getting past the electro discs. However, there was no telling if there were more traps down the corridor, given he hadn't gotten more than a couple steps before the discs attacked from quite some distance away.

"If Toki can use her shields, the rest of this corridor should be pretty easy. I can get us out of this pit without much trouble. I don't know what else may be down the corridor, though, or what else this maze may have in it. Unfortunately, I'm all but useless at finding a way through this maze..." He admitted, letting himself relax a bit against Revy while she held onto him. Getting past the traps was something he could do. He was an extremely reactive fighter, so reacting to traps was right in his element. However, he'd eventually either get tired or run out of blood if he just kept moving in circles, which, sadly, is probably exactly what he'd end up doing if left to his own devices...

It just figured.... Very first day and he was thrown into something that was tailor made to make him look like a fool...

Tsurei started matching symbols quickly, trying evey combination.She clicked two into place and the laers disappeared.
"Well that's easy, I however hope they dont mind a new permanent structure to this obstacle though. I have left abit of a trail throughout the maze."

Tsurei looked at the giant tree like formation holding the boulders in place as the branches spiraled up above the walls.

We should be nearing the endgame, This shitty maze cant last much longer, I also dont think we could possibly have much time left. I still haven't gotten to really learn about the people of interest. Shady newspaper girl and edgy blood boy. I wonder out of all our class who is the strongest? Can anyone exceed me? That would be terrifying.

"Let's head towards the next obstacle."

Fischer
Interactions simj26 simj26 Foogels Foogels
Mentions _Line 213 _Line 213 Leusis Leusis

Fischer watched all that happen. He watched and didn't... couldn't do a thing. Claudia, Matt, and unknown girl had been badass. Fischer had been getting his shit pushed in by a maze.

Repeat, the maze was bullying him.

Fischer gritted his teeth, his hands clenching into fists as his frustration rose. He had underestimated the other students. All of them.

He had underestimated the academy.

With nothing else to do for the moment, Fischer checked up on the two people he knew.

"Claudia, Matt, you two alright?" He could tell they weren't in tip top shape anymore, and they were expressing the desire to move forward, but he asked anyway.

After silently checking up on the people he didn't know, in the way of glancing and nodding at them, he spoke up again.

"I dodged the wire to what I assume is that trap," he gestured at the crusher, "and went on ahead earlier. There's a four way crossing. Right path is a circle. Left and straight paths go on, from what I could tell. So, plan?"

Fischer waited on someone else to come up with something. He was still distracted by his theory that they couldn't get through the maze as they were. Not alone, at least.

TOKIHANA ELLIONTraining Maze

sample_bf8b0ce652551d3bd2a4f8742fe9a4f2.jpg
The redness of her cheeks intensified at Rebecca's comments. It was the one aspect of her quirk she always hated, and now it wasn't only on full display but she was also being openly teased for it. With her outburst she slapped her hand against the shield and sent it careening in Dante's direction. The white-haired boy rolled out of the way just before her shield could impact him. Rather, the shield slammed into the wall with an echo that could come from metal crashing into metal. In her desire to remove the offending intruder she failed to notice more of Rebecca's antics. It was only the feeling of arms wrapping around her accompanied by even more teasing. "Of course I'm embarrassed!" Toki shouted out as she pulled away from the raven-haired girl, turning just in time to see her sink back into the shadows. "I hate how much skin I have to expose for this!"

Even if she couldn't see Rebecca anymore she still shouted in the girl's former location. Along with her shouts she promptly snatched up her jacket, throwing it on hastily before casting yet another nasty glare at Dante who, now, had Rebecca kissing his neck. Does this girl have no shame? She was sure all their fellow students were struggling through the maze and here they were doing some romcom skit. If she knew this was how things would go she would have just sat out or failed right away or something. Still, the wanton displays did manage to curb her anger, replacing it with a feeling of melancholy. She turned her back on the duo and let out a loud, long, drawn out sigh as she held her jacket's front open to begin bringing out her second shield. "Right. Fine. Whatever. I don't care anymore. Let's just move on." She'd have to get use to people seeing her use her quirk eventually, may as well start now, right?

As her shield slowly took shape she looked over her shoulder, looking up at the voyeur that had shown up even before Dante had. In all the commotion she honestly forgot the meek girl was even there. Both the girl and Dante seemed to have one thing in mind; getting out of that hole. As the vampire wrapped up his opinions her shield popped free, levitating off the ground to float listlessly beside her. She gently tapped the broadside before zipping up her jacket and turning to face her three classmates. "Getting out of here isn't an issue. I wouldn't have jumped in if I didn't have a way out." As she spoke one of the shields floated over in front of her before turning parallel to the ground. It quickly descended allowing her to casually step onto it before promptly rising once again to lift her up to the the meek girl above. Toki stepped off her shield and back into the maze proper, now standing beside Kimi as she turned to look down at the two still below.

The pair of shields maneuvered themselves to form a sort of platformer-style staircase. "Can use those or take Dante's offer." Her words came out matter-of-factly. It was obvious she was still upset over the whole ordeal. Between Dante's mere presence and Rebecca's relentless teasing her cheeks still carried a crimson hue. And there wasn't a single time she wasn't glaring daggers whenever her focus turned towards the boy. But the fact remained that they had to make at least some progress in this maze, she was determined to remain staunchly middle-ground, and you can't do that if you flunk right off the bat. Plus, with her quirk she was confident she could get through the maze anyways. How hard could it be? Probably just a bunch of pitfalls pressure plates anyways.

“Cool, lets move!” Daisuke immediately started running forward to advance to the next room. When he turned a few corners, the room was completely empty. There seemed to be nothing there. However, If Daisuke actually paying attention, he may have noticed that there were some slits on the floor, as if there were moving panels. But of course, being Daisuke, he didn’t notice. And would instantly regret his poor decision making abilities.

Once he stepped too far in the area, one of the tiles slipped under the floor and Daisuke’s foot fell into a hole. Before he could yank it back up, his foot gets clamped under the hole by what looked like really strong hand cuffs. What…is he stuck? Did he seriously just get STUCK? WHAT!? It took all of his strength just to not curse at the top of his lungs. So he opted to just screaming.
SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

John Swann

John nodded to the others, knowing they were okay was enough for him. They were all clearly hurt, but who was he to keep one from pushing towards the finish. Walking forward John had a simple intention, to lead the way for a short while so the other students could recover. Looking left and right as he proceeded down the hallway he was clearly on alert.

Hearing nothing John assumed his own safety, a mistake that would come back to bite him, hard. The wall to his right slid open, revealing a void of darkness nearly a dozen feet wide. It was clearly some kind of chamber, but what was held within was unexpected to say the least. What had tripped the trap, John had no clue, but as the massive robotic claw reached out from the hole, John knew he was in trouble. Reaching out with both hands John wrestled with the fingers of the hand, being pushed back swiftly into the other wall.

Pressing with all his might John felt as though his bones would be pulverized to dust under the immense pressure. Veins protruding, his skin turn a hot red from his exertion and his muscles growing rigid and defined it was clear his quirk was in use, and desperately. Despite all of the monumental strength John had seemed to display early in the maze, it seemed all he could do was hold the hand at bay, slowly being pressed harder into the cold iron of the wall behind him. Releasing desperate groans and panting breaths of pain and exertion John looked to the others with a look of desperation, having never truly been overpowered in his life. "Run!" John called out only moments before the wall behind him slid open, the giant hand pushing him through only for another hand to be revealed from the same hole John went through. To those who watched the only seconds long exchange, one thing would be painfully clear, this maze had a lot worse than pitfalls and crushing walls to offer.

Elysium Elysium The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit _Line 213 _Line 213 Foogels Foogels simj26 simj26

DiamanteShe was much too focused on trying to push away the darkness clouding her vision to bother with Shane’s questions. Damn it all. Was she really tired out by such a small thing? This wasn't the end of it. They were barely halfway through. She couldn't just expire right now. Even if this maze was supposed to be unpassable, she was underperforming. It was either that or the maze was designed to just shit on all of them. Still, she shouldn't be so cold to the guy that was good entertainment for a minute or two back in class. She offered a non-committal grunt as acknowledgement of his question, but left it at that.

When the big young man was accosted by the mechanical claws, she was far too behind to have helped. By the time she darted forwards to try and pry the boy from their grasp, he had already been taken. She met the first mechanical arm that rushed for her with her own, balled into a fist. The impact pierced through the machine, and it buckled on itself. This was not without an adverse effect on the winner. The graphene on Claudia’s arm cracked and splintered, blood spurting out from the fissures. She gritted her teeth, and tried to clench her fist, attempting to force the pain away. Her arm did not listen, instead falling to her side, limp and dead, its muscles torn.

Damn it. Damn it damn it dammit dammit dammit dammitdammitdammitdammit. The metallic clicking from the hole that swallowed up the giant of a boy alerted her to the presence of the next arm that would come shooting out from. Acting on instinct, and operating only on fumes at this point, Claudia ducked, the mechanical arm missing her by just a hair’s breadth, her remaining arm already reared back. She swayed back up, carrying with her the momentum in her fist, and delivered an uppercut straight into the body of the mechanical arm. The metal shattered, and the arm fell onto the floor, leaking oil, before it slithered back into the hole.

She could barely see now, her breath was beginning to get ragged. Blood seeped out of both her arms, which now hung at her sides uselessly. She sucked in another gulp of air through gritted teeth. Then she clenched her fists once more, forcing them to listen for just one more time, sending a new spray of blood out of her arms. The pain shot through her system, sending a new burst of adrenaline. She spun around, and grabbed Fischer and Matt, with Emvi on him, swivelled back, and flung them across the space, clear of the mechanical arms. This done, she gave a roar, one not of triumph or courage, but one of sheer anger and madness, before the next arm shot out from the void in the walls, slamming straight into her. There was a defiant, mad look that persisted in her eyes, glaring straight into nothing, before at last, the fire that burned in her eyes extinguished, and the blonde girl went limp in the grasp of the mechanical claw. The graphene on her arms receded, leaving torn, ruptured messes, and that was the last anyone would see of the girl for the rest of the maze, as she, too, was dragged off along with John.

Emvi Square
Crazy Maze (Training Grounds)
Interacting with: simj26 simj26 , Foogels Foogels , Elysium Elysium , Leusis Leusis

"Yeah, we're...we're doing okay." Emvi managed a slight smile in response to John's concern, and offered a light nod to return the motion of an unknown boy, assuming that his motion was intended to be one of acknowledgement. She certainly didn't look all that okay, and neither did Claudia, but at that point the question and its corresponding answer were more of a formality than anything else. She slowly laid her head upon Matt's body, tilting it just enough for her to see what was directly in front of them as she did her best to rest. When she could, she adjusted her body ever so slightly, hoping to make it a little easier for Matt to continue holding her. Even if she was just a girl, the mounting pressure of the examination around them would likely be more than enough to cause Matt enough strain, even without one of his classmates on his back.

Even after all of that, she was still in his hands.

Momentarily, she looked over her shoulder at some of the others, taking stock of all who were still with them. They had barely gotten anywhere at all, it seemed, and yet everyone was already ragged, out of breath, and injured. Emvi's eyes slowly made their way down to Claudia's disguised wounds, before looking to the corridors ahead. Even if all our hearts are in the right places, what happens when our bodies give out?

Emvi let out a slight sigh of relief as John took the lead for the time being; after all, he was in far better shape than most of the people near them. She focused on steadying her breath, pushing a little more heavily into Matt as she attempted to try and dull the pain by simply ignoring it, something which quickly proved much more difficult than the girl had assumed. Though she was frightened of what else might snap out at them as they moved forward, the girl closed her eyes, almost appearing to be stuck in some sort of pained sleep as she put her faith in Matt and the others for the time being. If she rested as much as she could then, maybe she could be of use a few traps later.

If this is basic training, then I have no idea what else they're going to put us through.

Almost as soon as she actually began to slip off into an odd variation of rest, the loud noises of shifting metal caused her to snap upward, reflexes beating out the aches and pains of movement as she immediately looked forward, just in time for John to be pressed against a wall. Her eyes widened as the boy struggled with all his might, but before she could even call his name, or begin thinking of a way to get the gigantic metal claw off of him, a panel on the wall opened up, casting the boy into the dark, mechanical abyss just beyond.

Claudia stepped up next, immediately springing into action as she forced herself to confront the trap, even despite her open wounds. One arm, reddened and shattered, fell to her side, the grizzly sight prompting a shout from Emvi, even if she didn't know the girl's name.

"No!"

How are we going to get through this? Emvi glanced down, shifting her legs. Maybe I can--

She let out a loud, sharp cry of pain, gritting her teeth to muffle it. Merely twitching the appendage sent a firestorm up to her mind. She recoiled instinctively, yet that only made it worse. N-No! I can't be dead weight already! I can't!

The pain remained debilitating. No matter what she did, no matter what she moved, it was all she could do to simply hold onto Matt. There was nothing that she could do here. Her mind ran wild and collapsed, pulling itself in a multitude of different directions as she attempted to puzzle her way out of a situation she couldn't even influence. Claudia reached forward and grabbed Matt, and Emvi's eyes immediately widened.

"No, you can't! What about you!"

She wasn't listening. The fire in her eyes was terrifying, and the strength with which she threw Matt and Emvi was backed with nothing but pure drive. But what was driving her? It couldn't have been any hope of winning, as she was leaving herself behind. Emvi closed her eyes, tightening her hold on Matt in preparation for the fall.

The impact was nothing even close to what she had weathered before, but at that point even the slightest bump made it feel as if she had been shattered into a thousand pieces, let alone impacting against the ground again. Dazed and confused, her grip immediately slackened, her limbs losing the strength to clutch to Matt as Emvi fought back against her screaming mind. She tumbled away from Matt upon impact, sprawling out across the ground in the middle of the hallway, teeth clenched, eyes shut tight, and unable to move.

Mathew Pilles, 5f2026ce677604dc99c9b8a4c6f25202.jpgObstacle Maze
Matt's headache quickly turned into a migraine and low fever. He could deal with it but it was pretty terrible. He walked along not really listening to the others as he carried the broken Emvi on his back. They were walking in a group, it was nice to work together, but it wasn't nice seeing everyone hurt and tired and not being able to help everyone. He felt good helping the way he has so far though.

The walk slowly turned into a blur and he forgot the directions they took until suddenly, knock knock, it's reality. He was pulled back into the world at the sound of Johns voice yelling to run. He blinked and saw as the boy was pushed into a void of a pit by robotic arms. Claudia supposedly having a change of heart bolted to the boy, but it was too late, now she was being eaten by these mechanical arms. Matt followed Claudia up to the arms and wanted to help but wasn't going to set Emvi down next to them when she can't move well. Fischer was the only other one by them. Before anything could happen Claudia grabbed the boot camp boy and himself.

Matt gripped Emvi as the Claudia grabbed him and he was raised off the ground faster and stronger then he had expected. He went through the air, it was a slight deja-vu, but it was also clearly different somehow. Matt felt Emvi grasp to him even more and without thinking he started to pull against the metal arms. Matt was trying to slow down enough to not get hurt but they were already too quick and his quirk wasn't working how it was before. He could smell the iron coming from his nose. His quirk was working him.

Matt turned sideways so he didn't land on Emvi, but she also didn't land on him. When they hit the ground it was bad, but he became a rock on water and bounced across the floor about 7 more feet his the back of his head on a wall. He collapsed against it and and as his eyes started to close and the noises started to fade he felt a trickle down his neck and another down his chin. He was out. He was stuck in the dark after all the hard work. How disappointing.

(Interacting: _Line 213 _Line 213 Elysium Elysium Leusis Leusis simj26 simj26 )

Manabu Moto

A sigh escaped Manabu's lips as his classmates made it through the closing walls with not even a moment to spare. It took the strength of 4 quirks to get past this one trap, so he couldn't imagine what would happen later in the maze. He was surprised at how willing everyone was to continue after sustaining such injuries. He doubted Emvi could move, and Claudia looked like she was in pretty bad shape herself. Seeing his "comrades" in such a state brought a feeling deep into his stomach. It was almost as if he felt bad for not doing much...but he instantly shook the feeling off. He had done all he could with his current power.

Manabu traveled behind the group in silence, trying to focus on his surroundings. If anything came at the group, they would be in immense trouble. While two others had joined the group, they had lost Stella and he doubted that Matt, Emvi, or Claudia would be able to do much after what they had just pulled off.

Although he was focused to the core, something unexpected came along. A robotic arm came from a hole in the wall and stole one of the group members with ease. With this, Manabu got into a defensive formation as he went to go help Claudia with the other arms that came out, but was quickly stopped as a mechanical fingers wrapped around his body. How could he have been so stupid? While he was focused on helping Claudia, another hole had opened in the wall, allowing a hand to shoot out and stop him.

"Dammit!" Manabu grunted angrily as he struggled against the hand. His feet slid back against the metal ground as the hand dragged him back into the wall. Somehow, he managed to squeeze his arms free from the grasp. Quickly, he engulfed his hands in force fields and began pounding his hands into the metal of the arm. Small explosions went off one by one as he tried again and again, but the arm didn't even slow down as it dragged him back, engulfing him in complete darkness as the wall closed in front of him.

"No!" He said, feeling his power now weakening with each punch he attempted. Now that he couldn't take power directly from the sun, he had to use what he had soaked up, which wasn't really much...

It wasn't long before Manabu's vision began to fade and his body began to tire. Eventually all that came out of his quirk was a poof of black smoke, which was all he saw before his consciousness left him.

Fischer
Interactions
simj26 simj26 _Line 213 _Line 213
Mentions Foogels Foogels NightMoves NightMoves Leusis Leusis

Her grunt said enough. Claudia felt as good as he did. Fischer gave her a brief smile before turning back to the task at hand.

"That was impressive." He said, in reference to her holding back the crusher trap. She was moving on already, and Fischer followed her without hesitation. Maybe she heard him, maybe she didn't.

Now that he had allies, injured or not, Fischer felt more amped up for the coming challenges. Together, they'd be able to get further.

How wrong he was. He heard the big guy’s shout, and felt Claudia’s hand press against his bare torso and shove him back.

Fischer kept his feet, and instantly stepped back forward to help her before instinctually backpedalling, ending up on his ass, scooting away from the reaching arms.

Claudia, big guy, and other guy were out. Gone. He got to his feet and jogged towards Matt, careful to avoid any secondary traps.

Before he could even get within five feet, Fischer could tell Matt was out. He was laying way too still.

Either out or dead.

The moment of silence would have to wait for later. Fischer jogged over to the girl Matt was carrying. He didn't know this female, but that wasn't saying much. Fischer had talked to three people, and didn't know any of them.

She wasn't out, but she wasn't in good condition. Blowback from whatever her quirk was?

Nevermind. Not important now.

“I'm Fischer. Can you continue? I can carry you.”

With pained slowness, Emvi forced her eyes open, looking up in what nearly seemed like a squint as she stared at the boy. He wasn’t anyone that she had talked to, and though he offered his name, her hazy mind made it nearly impossible for her to memorize his features.

“I...I don’t know,” she forced out, her breathing quick and shallow. Her eyes seemed to have trouble focusing, only managing to pull themselves together and plant firmly upon Fischer’s face after a pause spent breathing. Once more, she attempted to pull her legs inward, wincing heavily as she managed to shift them a few inches, before relaxing. “I don’t know how much use I’m going to be like this,” she confessed, clenching and unclenching her fists for several moments.

...What’s the point of having all of this stored energy if there’s no way I can use any of it?

Fischer nodded in acquiescence. She didn't look very good. While not physically shredded like he or Claudia had been, she didn't look healthy.

Fischer sighed. “If you want me to carry you, I'm okay with it. If not, nothing wrong with surrendering before you get yourself killed.”

He knelt down beside her, since she was having trouble speaking. He could barely hear her.

Emvi took in a deep breath, holding it for several moments. Everything that had gotten her to this point had been selfless choices on the sides of other people.

It’s so stupid, going out with a whimper instead of a bang like this…

But that didn’t matter, not at that point. The others had made choices for her, and at that point, it was time to make a choice for someone else. Slowly, she moved to shake her head, the simple motion nonetheless causing her visible pain.

“There’s...no real point in carrying me around anymore,” she replied, doing her best to offer a briefly-lived, pained smile, “I don’t think I’m really going to be of use for the rest of this.” Slowly, she pulled her eyes away from his, looking up at the open sky. “...I’ll be fine here, I think that we’re in-between the traps. You can just leave me until everything is over.” The girl let out a sigh, having reached the conclusion of her choice. Though it felt as if a great weight had been removed from her chest, something within her nonetheless sank, and greatly so. Failure was a familiar feeling to her, though it always remained unenjoyable.

...I think I did well, she thought to herself; her mind wrestled with whether or not her thoughts were mere placation, or a proper statement of truth, before the entry exam, she never even really used my Quirk at all. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

She smiled outwardly, though to Fischer, it likely would have seemed as if she were smiling at nothing at all, or perhaps despite herself and her state.

Fischer nodded again. It seemed to be the only thing he could do for anyone today. Nod at them.

“I'm pretty sure that we weren't supposed to get to the end of the maze. You did fine.”

Of course, Fisher had no way of backing those words up. She could be on the first flight home for all he knew.

Still. Solid effort. On everyone's part. He thought so.

Fischer stood up and shouted, hoping staff would hear.

“We have a student unable to continue, at my location. Please extract for immediate first aid.”

Fischer cleared his throat, and muttered to himself. “Looks like I'm flying solo once more. Roger that.”

He looked down at the girl, name still unknown, and said, “I wish I could assist more. Best of luck.”

And he jogged deeper into the maze, until he came across a left turn leading to a short corridor. The ten-ish foot long corridor made a right at the end, but between him and the right was an almost literal spiderweb of tripwires. They sprouted from every conceivable angle.

Fischer stood at military rest as he surveyed the unfortunate situation in front of him. Nothing to it but to do it.

Fischer slowly but surely wove his body through the tripwires, displaying remarkable agility, but he couldn't avoid every single tripwire. When he sprang one, the origin of that particular one shot a blunted arrow at him.

He made it. Thank any god that gave a damn l, he made it. As he crossed the final tripwire, dropped his guard and staggered to the side.

And got shot in the ass. Fischer jerked in pain and roared, “GOD. FUCK.”

He dropped to his knees. This was the the peanut-butter shot all over again, times thirty.

Composure. He needed to keep his cool. Fischer took several deep breaths and got back His soldier mindset.

After a long moment, he stood up, and limped deeper into the maze. He stopped before making yet another turn, left this time.

A moment to analyze the damage and gain whatever energy he could.

Four shots, including his freshly pulverized left glute, similar to two spots in his left back, and one on his forearm. The first two had already turned into angry welts, and the surrounding musculature was tight and painful. Compounding on all the cuts and bumps he had taken… not good. And then there was his quirk.

Had he used it two times, or three? This punk wasn't feeling lucky. Not including the ones that he sent to their deaths in the first pit, he had used it and teleported… twice. He was going to be safe rather than sorry and assume twice.

That meant one more. Single clone. His head already hurt a bit. Another transfer was going to be unpleasant.

Fischer stepped around the corner, and stopped dead, a heavy sigh escaping his lips.

Fwoosh. Fwoosh. Fwoosh.

Massive swinging hammers lined the halls, and had a brief bit of reprieve between them, but they were moving rather quickly.

One shot. One opportunity.

Fischer got as close as he dared to the swinging mauls and then sent a clone forward, timing it carefully. While the clone wasn't affected by his injuries and fatigue, one hit put them away.

And he had to consider the landing. The clone would be affected once he put himself into it.

The image and the real deal both made a good final attempt, but Fischer had to throw in the towel. He tossed himself at himself, and landed in a wobbly fashion between two mauls, about four in.

“That's it… I'm done. I can't... go any further.”

Fischer turned himself ninety degrees, almost managing a good face change before dropping to his knees.

He laid down on his stomach, pulling his hair tie out and then folding his arms, so he could lay his aching head down across his healthier forearm.

Fischer stayed awake, his pain too strong to allow him to sleep, but not strong enough to shock him into a light coma.

I did good, right? Someone would say… nah. I don't care. I did okay.

He closed his eyes, and waited for extraction. The cool concrete felt good against his bare skin, and laying down just felt good.

(Post co-written by _Line 213 _Line 213 )

Dante

How did it come to this?

Toki's shields had made getting past the taser discs extremely easy. So easy, in fact, that Dante almost felt bad for needing help to get past them without burning blood. Yes, Toki's shields seemed to be perfect for dealing with anything that came up in the maze.

Except when the maze itself decided to rearrange.

One minute, Dante was walking a few steps in front of the others, keeping an eye out for traps, the next, a wall rose up behind him and the maze shifted, leaving him suddenly in a corridor with a dead end to his left, a wall in front of him, and a path to his right. Now Dante was on his own. Already, he knew that his chances of passing this maze, however slim they may have been originally, had now vanished entirely. He had just barely been able to keep tabs on where he had been after just one trap, with the maze shifted, he found himself completely uncertain of which direction he'd come from, or which direction the exit would be in.

"This... really can't get much worse for me..." Dante muttered as he rubbed his forehead. The best he could hope to do is wander blindly and hope by some miracle he found the exit. For now, the best possible outcome he could even have for this maze would be to survive until time ran out, since passing was going to be all but impossible with his non-existent sense of direction.

VRRRRRRZZZZ

Dante shifted his gaze towards the dead end as a gap opened up in the wall opposite of the one he leaned against. A mechanical contraption about the size of a small dog hauled itself out of the hole and stuck to the wall much like a spider, complete with eight mechanical legs that seemed to aid in its wall-crawling ability. On the back of this mechanized megabug was a single rotating... Well, it wasn't big enough where Dante would call it a cannon, so let's say a blaster, that turned towards Dante.

His ring slid over his palm as he ducked down, a bolt of some sort of plasma substance striking where Dante's head had been just a moment sooner. Judging by how fast whatever it was flew past his head, he safely assumed that he did not want to get hit by it, even if it wasn't lethal.

Like a spring, Dante launched himself towards the robot, barely dodging a second shot before he was close enough to cut the thing in half.

Dante would immediately regret that decision. For you see, these robots were designed to be especially problematic for those with close range quirks. When they were destroyed, they let out a rather painful electrical pulse that jarred Dante so bad his sword lost integrity and fell to the ground in a puddle.

"F-f-f-uck... Okay... Don't destroy those things up close...." Dante mused, shaking his head as he tried to get his bearings back. He reached down, the blood from his puddled sword returning to his palm. The next thing Dante knew, he was crying out as his left arm suddenly went numb, an electrical shock coursing through it!

His head spun around to see not one, not two, but a small army of those spider strike bots crawling out of more holes that opened up in the dead end. If they shot you, they zapped you, if you killed them up close, they zapped you. That left Dante with only one option....

Run like hell.

He shot off, years of parkour and evading pursuers finally paying off as he made it around the corner with plasma shots chasing him the entire way. Of course, escape wouldn't be that easy. The Spider bots had eight legs, after all, and they were not just there for aesthetics. They pursued him with murderous intent, firing at him all the while and forcing him to bob and weave down the precarious straightaway corridors the shifting maze offered him.

After rounding his second turn, the maze seemed to decide to increase the difficulty. Obstructions rose up from below, making normal running all but impossible for him while the Spider bots could simply scurry along after him virtually unimpeded. Without hesitating, Dante threw himself at the obstructions, planting his hands to vault the first obstruction to land on another just long enough to flip over a third before sliding under a fourth.

It almost felt nostalgic....

For those who didn't already know, I wasn't exactly popular growing up. I was the first in my class to get my quirk, and, well, apparently having a blood-related quirk was considered about as gross as that one kid that ate bugs just because they were there... Yeah, should have been a happy time, but, well, kids can be little bastards, and that was especially true in the asscrack-of-nowhere town I grew up in.

Like many kids, we had this one game we just all loved to play. It was called "Heroes and Villains", though I've heard some places call it "Cops and Robbers" too. Basically, the Heroes were supposed to catch the Villains and put them in jail. Harmless stuff. Before I got my quirk, the teams were pretty randomly assigned. Like most kids, I wanted to always be on the Hero side of things. Well, when I got my quirk, the little devils decided that I should be permanently on the villain side. Something about vampires being evil or some stupid shit like that, they claimed. Now, keep in mind this was before Twilight came along and simultaneously romanticized and ruined vampires in one fell swoop.

Anyway, I'm getting off subject. You see, this game was supposed to be a recess only thing. Well, once they had their favorite Villain installed permanently on that side, it extended to after school. That, as you can imagine, basically meant once that last bell rang, I had to bolt for the forest behind the school as fast as I could manage so I could make it to the trees before anyone caught up. Thankfully, as I learned pretty early, my Quirk is useful for getting around like Tarzan in trees. It became a daily ritual where the so-called Heroes, i.e. every boy in class that was not me, ran off and tried to capture the fleeing villain, me. Now, I'm sure you're probably thinking that wasn't so bad if I never got caught. Well, you're half right. I never got caught, but those boys made it clear that if they ever did, they'd slug me like the villain I was "destined to be".

Please tell me you can smell the hypocrisy here...

At first, it was pretty easy to get away. I was the only one with a Quirk, so I had an advantage. Well, that advantage only lasted about a week before the other boys started getting their Quirks. One kid, Luke, he was basically unstoppable once he started moving. My one saving grace is that his Quirk didn't make him any faster, or smarter. Didn't save that car he crashed into coming out of the forest, though. Luke was fine, in case anyone cares. (I sure as hell didn't stop to check on him). The car was totaled, though...

Things only got worse as more boys started getting their Quirks. Fortunately, by then I had gotten rather accomplished at both using my Quirk to get around and at something I found out later was called Parkour. If nothing else, those little shitstains gave me plenty of practice at evading pursuers, especially when some projectile-making Quirks came about like Quincy and his fuck-mothering Light-arrows... Given the situation I'm in now.... I almost feel like I should thank them.

On second thought, no, they're still all a bunch of little pricks....

He shook his head to bring himself back into his current situation. It was clear these bots weren't going to let up their pursuit, and since the maze was shifting so that he only had one option for direction, it was becoming obvious that his only way forward was to somehow defeat those pursuing Spiderbots. He dragged his rings over his palm again, kicking off one of the obstructions to spin in the air, holding both hands in front of him towards the spider bots as blood swirled in the palm of his hand to form Blood Bullets.

Both hands splayed his fingers apart, resembling a sci-fi salutation as he fired one shot from each hand before completing his spin and resuming his run. You see, he couldn't just blindly fire and magically hit his targets. Just like throwing a baseball, he still needed to aim. By holding his hands in such a logical way, he could use the gap between his middle and ring finger to aim his Blood Bullets, making him much more accurate than if he were to just blindly fire them.

Those Blood Bullets caught one of the spiderbots each, triggering their detonation sequence which, sadly, seemed to do nothing to the other spidersbots. Sad, because if he could have triggered a chain reaction he could have finished it with just those two bullets. Were this course designed for first-year students, it might have worked, but this course was designed for those nearer to graduation...

Dante cursed under his breath. No chain reaction meant he'd need to get more creative. As he turned for a wall, he held up one hand, taking aim between his fingers before firing it just before he passed the wall. This time, he heard several explosions as the level trajectory related to the wall managed to pierce more than one of the pursuing spiderbots. If only things would stay this easy: The bots seemed utterly incapable of hitting a moving target, and their movement patterns were quite predictable.

But of course, things never stayed that easy....

Yeah, eventually, one of those little asshats found a quirk that was a problem for me. You've already met Eric Stryder, that loud mouthed speed-freak that jumped me just off campus earlier? Yeah, as you can guess, we've got a bit of a history. See, he's always been a member of the Lollipop Guild, and he developed one mother of a Napoleonic complex when he became one of the last kids in our class to develop his Quirk. Now, dealing with just him, I probably would have been fine. Dealing with someone faster than me, AND the rest of the boys in the class? It was a bit more than I could hope to avoid.

So let's just say, they made good on their word to beat the crap out of me when they caught me...

I made it home with a black eye, a ripped shirt, and a fat lip. They would brag the next day that they sent me crying home to my momma. Only I wasn't crying, and my momma wasn't home. See, my mom worked two jobs to keep a roof over our heads. I was an accident when she was 19, and my dad pretty much skipped town when he found out. She never did manage to track him down, and her dreams of being a Hero were basically shot. She had to drop out of College and picked up work at the Fire station where she could use her water Quirk to still at least do some good. Sure, she could have still gone the Hero route, but, given there would be no one to take care of me if something happened to her, she elected to take the safer route as a Fire fighter, also working as a waitress to make ends meet.

So, I hardly ever saw my mom except in the mornings before she left for work and again in the evening right when she got home, assuming I was still awake that late. My mother worked herself t the bone to make sure I had a good life. I never once doubted that she loved me. That was why I didn't want to add to her burden with what was going on at school. My mom worked so hard for me, the least I could do was always have a smile for her every time I saw her. Her mantra, every day as she was leaving for work. "Today will be better than yesterday!" She always said it with a big, self-assured grin on her face.

Looking back, I realize that smile was as fake as the one I wore for the next month before I finally snapped.

After my first capture, escape proved to be impossible. The other boys now had someone that could chase me down, and the beatings just became more violent. My only goal was to keep them from harming my face. I could hide bruises on my arms, my body, my legs, but my mom would see if there was another black eye on my face, and I doubt she'd buy the dodgeball excuse a second time.

It was a gradual escalation. The beatings lasted a little longer and were a little more violent each time until Luke punched me full the dome into a tree that fateful day. If I had to guess, that was the hit that fucked my spatial memory, and also the one that made me realize that running was no longer an option. Eventually, there came a time when you had to dig in your heels and fight.

Those boys came out of that fight a lot worse than I did.... At least physically...

Dante had lost track of how long he'd been running. He could feel his breathing getting more labored as his body started to fatigue. He'd thinned the numbers of spiderbots pretty well with his guerrilla tactics, but firing his Blood Bullets on the run meant he couldn't recover the blood, and he was starting to feel the effects. Making matters worse, the spider bots were getting much more accurate in their shots, and they were starting to dodge his Blood Bullets, which meant he was wasting blood. As he rounded another corner, he found himself at a dead end. Apparently, the spiderbot evasion trap was meant to end here. There wasn't even any cover for him to hide behind.

"Dammit..." Dante hissed, turning around and holding up his hands to make his blood bullets. He'd just have to end it here, then. Just like back then, running was no longer an option.

As the spiderbots came around the corner, Dante waited, holding his arms out to his sides as the Blood Bullets changed form into something resembling large, thin buzzsaws. It was a new idea, one that he hoped would pay off...

Sending them flying, they cleaved through spiderbots along the walls, even as some leaped to the ground to evade. Thankfully, the size of the blood saws cleaved the number enough that he could finish off the last few with Blood Bullets.

His breathing came in ragged gasps now. His vision blurred every now and again, reminding him of how much blood he had spent on those attacks. Slowly, he started to make his way over to collect his blood. He'd feel better once he got some of it-

A wall rose up in front of him, cutting him off from his blood as the original dead end wall lowered.

Fuck...

He turned around slowly, a new robot standing in a boxing stance now blocking his path.

"Oh come on!" Dante protested, exasperated by how intent this maze seemed on kicking him while he was down. He didn't have enough blood to use on a projectile attack, he sure as hell couldn't make a sword...

"Fine... You wanna go? Let's fucking go then!" Dante snapped, tossing off his jacket as he strode towards the robot, pushing the feelings of fatigue to the back of his mind.

He held up his hands in front of him, his left close to his chin, his right hand further in front in a southpaw stance. Not waiting for the robot to strike first, he hit it with a cross straight to the head and a few more punches for good measure. Much to his surprise, the robot didn't even seem to try and block as it was punched backwards. Lights on its head blinked a few times, and Dante suddenly found himself stepping back as the very same combination he had just used was thrown back at him. Planting his feet, he dropped low before setting his hand on the ground, launching his full body into a roundhouse kick to the robot's torso. Again, the robot took the hit. Again, the lights flickered, and this time, Dante found himself gasping as the robot's leg caught him square in the side.

This robot was adapting, copying Dante's techniques and using them against him....

As Dante and the robot traded blows, it was becoming glaringly obvious to Dante that, the longer this went on, the worse his chances of winning. Not only did the stupid thing copy his attack patterns, but it copied his defenses too...

There was no winning... It was never fair to begin with, so maybe he should just give up...

My momma cried quite a bit when she realized what I'd been going through. We had a long talk about it, lots of crying, but I won't bore you with those details...

That fight had made one thing abundantly clear to me, and it was that running wasn't going to save me, especially if I wanted to be a Hero. So I convinced my mom to sign me up for the YMCA. I could use the gym to get stronger, and maybe even take a fighting class or ten...

There were many times that I found myself wondering why I was going to all this trouble, especially when I could barely move after Leg Days...

Every time I asked myself that, though, I was reminded of how my mother cried. I was reminded of how helpless I felt when those other boys picked on me. When those memories hit, it was like a fresh shot of motivation.

When I started, I made a promise to myself. I would become a Hero, and prove every one of those boys wrong about me. More importantly, though.....

I swore I would never again be a victim.

No, no way in hell was he going to think like that. Who cared if it was a fair fight? To whine about something like that would just be playing the victim again. No, if the fight wasn't fair, then he was just gonna have to flip the odds!

His eyes narrowed as he stared down the fighting bot that showed no fatigue or damage from his previous attacks. "I don't have a lot of blood left... But.." Dante shot forward feinting a left hook before bringing his palm up the robot's body.

The robot, like always, didn't move right away. Unlike other times, though, the lights didn't flash. It stayed frozen for a moment or two before half of it fell one way, and half fell another. Dante had used just enough blood to produce a blade from his palm with that last strike. He stumbled forward as the blood withdrew back into his hand. Even if it had only been for a second or two, using that trick had caused his blood pressure to drop dangerously low. It had been his only chance to beat the robot, but it had doomed his chances of making it any further in the maze.

"Damnit... Not now.... The path is... cl.....clear...." He murmured, managing a few more steps before his legs finally gave out and he collapsed face down on the ground. His right hand, still reaching forward, oozed with blood that started to pool under his hand as he lost consciousness....

Dante's attempt at the maze was over.

1524629070289.png
Rebecca Black
Feeling: Calm
Whitewater: Training grounds
Interaction: One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Xel Xel Hanarei Hanarei
Becca held onto Dante's back as he lifted them both out of the hole. She jumped off once they had gotten up to that point and used Toki's sheilds as cover for getting past the death tasers. After that it seemed like smooth sailing a few minor traps for a while but nothing that could stop them. Dante was walking a bit ahead of her, Kimi, and Toki, the all continued in silence, deciding it was best to keep their guards up rather than converse and act like kids.

Becca had a sense that as the maze got deeper the harder it was going to get, the more traps they would encounter that would push their abilities. All except Becca's, she was weak. In the sunlight she could literally do nothing, especially growing up and only barely knowing how to use her quirk. Though now she was a little more adept at certain things, mainly her athletics and she learned how to move around like a ninja, parkour and all, but she still had a lot of limits.

Suddenly a wall went up in front of her and cut her and the others off from Dante and a path opened up on the right. "Shit" She cursed, "I'm going ahead to find Dante" She shouted to the others as she ran ahead through the path on the right. She cam across a few simple traps on her way through but nothing she couldn't handle. She took a punching glove square to the face and got knocked over, but got right back up and continued running, then she came across a long hall with two diverging paths at the end, from one she could see a splatter of blood coming from the turn. "Dante" she shouted as she ran forward. Suddenly a spear shot out from the wall and due to her quick reflexes she managed to narrowly avoid it.

She stopped in her tracks, looking around she could see little indents in the wall, which must release spears and the like. "shit I dont have time for this" She said thinking about how Dante could be in danger. She ran forward and another spear shot out which she dove over and hit the floor with a roll when she landed. She continued running as three arrows shot out at her, and with exceptional skill she caught the first and used it to deflect the other two. She kept moving as another three arrows shot out, one slightly cutting her ribs as she dodge the other two, and as soon as that happened a spear shot out and sliced open her thigh. She cried in pain but kept running, going on some carzy amount of adrenaline as she dodge the next 12 bouts of arrows and spears, with only a couple small cuts. As she got to the end she was tired and losing blood quickly. She limped at this point as another arrow whizzed past her cutting her cheek and another cutting her arm.

She finally managed to make it to Dante, seeing the path he must have previously taken covered in blood. She walked up to him putting her already open wound on her arm to his mouth and letting the blood flow out. She felt weak and tears began to well up because of the pain but she sat there strong. She began to feel dizzy from the loss of blood when the floor fell out beneath them sending them down a large metal slide that went onto some sort of conveyor belt that she assumed would take them to the outside.

Kimi_Rivers-StudentBanner.jpg
Kimi had kept mostly quiet as her fellow classmates managed to get up to her. It was a bit of a relief they had their own ways of getting up given she really didn't think her quirk was well fitted for such a task without being 'awkward'. Moving forward Kimi had been swift in shifting back just before the wall came up separating Dante from their small group. She seemed timid, looking on nerviously as she seemed fearful for Dante's well-being. Sure she was a bit... bashful given the scene with him and Becca but it didn't change the fact she was worried about him. He might come off as a pervert but at the very least he didn't seem like he was a terrible person. She watched a bit taken back as Rebecca charged forward telling them to wait. She held her hand out instinctively.

"W...wait!" She spoke out in her rather meek voice, her words all but falling on deaf ears as she was long gone. Being separated was a very dangerous thing in this type of maze, having more people around meant you had more potential options at your disposal. It also helped to make Kimi feel more at ease if she had other people around to look after and become part of a group. She might of become separated from everyone and navigated the maze alone before but right now she wanted others around her. She turned her head glancing over to Toki with a nervous expression on her face.

"Sh... should we follow them? It... it could be dangerous... and she said to wait... b... but they are likely to get in trouble if we just stay here and do nothing." She spoke being a bit timid as she gave her own opinion seeming a bit out of sorts about suggesting they should do something. She wasn't the type who really liked to order others around or even to suggest they act in a certain way. Right now it seemed to be the best option she could think of. Who knew if one or both of them could already have been taken out due to the madness of the maze already. It was quite clear to her while the Maze was designed to test the students in getting out of danger, there were some elements meant to give students little time to properly react should they mess up activating certain traps.

One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Xel Xel

Rather than use her shields the two opted to rely on Dante's quirk. Fine by her. She brought the pair of metal slabs up to form a bridge across the pit, quickly crossing it to meet the barrage that had forced Dante back. Bringing one of her shields to bare she defended against the attacks while maintaining the other one for her classmates to cross. Once the group had made it she pushed forward, allowing Dante to take out the launchers from safety enabling them to effortlessly clear the trap. After that it was fairly smooth sailing until Dante got himself cut off from the rest of them. She was about to speak up when Becca dashed off after him. The most she could get out was an outstretched hand and a held breath. As Becca rounded the corner out of sight Toki allowed her hand to drop to her side, a sigh following suit as she looked over at Kimi.

"Guess it's just you and me." She looked back at the direction Becca ran when Kimi suggested following. Truthfully she was tired of the lovebirds and Becca's teasing. So with that in mind she shook her head. "Naw, they'll be fine. It's not like anything in this maze is deadly." Frankly, she had half a mind to go find a trap to fail to. She gave it her all, time to call it quits, right? But with Kimi there staring at her all doe-eyed, she obviously couldn't just abandon the girl. With another sigh she started forward down another corridor. "C'mon, let's see if we can find the exit." She held her left hand on the wall, trailing it along as she went. With how Dante was separated she wasn't sure if that would even work, but it didn't hurt to try.

After a short distance they came along another trap. From seemingly nowhere a torrent of emerald-colored vines shot out at the two girls. On instinct Toki sent her shields towards Kimi to stand between the girl and the oncoming attack. Not knowing the girl's quirk she wasn't sure such a timid, nervous girl could even protect herself. Of course, in doing so she left herself wide-open to attack and was quickly wrapped up. Her legs were held tightly together, her arms clenched at her side. The sudden snare caused her to lose her balance, kept standing solely by the vines that held her captive. The vines that lanced out at Kimi were quickly deflected and cut down by the bladed shields, leaving the girl entirely untouched.

Once the onslaught was finished she maneuvered the shields back towards her, cutting the vines and quickly freeing herself from their grip. Once free she turned to look at her companion, realizing that she actually needed some more information to go on. "So..Kimi, right? What exactly is your quirk, anyways? I'm pretty confident in myself but I can't just protect you every time we run into trouble, you can handle yourself, right?" Was that a bit ruder than she meant it to be? Maybe. Probably. But surely you don't get into the most prestigious hero academy in america without even being able to take care of yourself, right? So it's not like it's a bad question to ask.

Dante

Interacting with: Revy Blackvelvet Blackvelvet
Mentions: Anyone that's already failed and is outside the maze
In the darkness of his unconscious state, Dante started to become aware of his senses. A familiar scent, followed soon after by an all-too-familiar metallic taste.

Blood.

It was unmistakable, but it wasn't the smell of his own blood. Other scents intermingled with the blood-scent, and Dante became faintly aware that he wasn't alone. His eyes slowly fluttered open to see Revy over him, gifting him her own blood. The smell of blood was strong on her, and as his eyes started to slowly process the image before him, he became aware of her various injuries. He started to speak, when he suddenly felt the floor beneath his back give way. More out of blind instinct than any rational thought, Dante threw his arms around her, uncertain of how far they would fall before the ground met them.

He remembered a slide, and then felt the impact as he landed on something that felt a bit rubbery, but he found that all he saw before him was darkness.

'Wait... Did I get knocked out again?.. No.. This isn't like before... But what's this weight on me?... It's like I'm being smothered...'

Given Dante had, only moments before, been unconscious, he couldn't be blamed for how long it took him to process where he was...

He abruptly sat up, Revy now on his lap, and apparently unconscious. "Shit..." he cursed under his breath as he got a better look at her numerous injuries. Was this maze supposed to actually kill people?! He shook that thought from his head, moving one of his hands over her body, the blood on her body forming into a small orb under his palm. He touched this orb to each of her wounds, the blood sealing the injury to prevent any further blood loss. It was almost like a blood colored gel bandaid.

At the very least, it would hold her together until they got wherever the fuck this conveyor belt was taking them. It felt like they were going up, but given his poor spatial awareness he could be completely wrong. For now, he looked at the small orb of Revy's blood in his palm. It wasn't like he could make her body reabsorb blood, that wasn't how his Quirk worked. So, he hoped she wouldn't mind as he absorbed it himself through the cuts that were still open in his palm.

The conveyor, by now, had leveled off its ascent, and a door in front of them opened to a blinding light as they were unceremoniously dumped out of the maze not far from where they had started. Taken by surprise, Dante almost fell, but he managed to keep his feet under him. He even kept Revy from a rather rude drop by holding her bridal-style when he felt the conveyor drop out from under him.

He squinted at the light, his eyes taking a few moments to adjust before he realized that they were near the entrance to the maze. It looked like several of their classmates had also been eliminated. Some, though, were in worse shape than others.

"Is there a medic out here?" Dante called. He wasn't concerned for himself. He was bruised and battered, but thanks to Revy's blood, he was otherwise doing okay, if a bit unsteady on his feet. Revy, though... He was no doctor, so he couldn't say how bad it was, but the fact she was unconscious had him visibly worried as he looked around for any sign of a medic. Surely they wouldn't toss a bunch of first years in that kind of hell without medical staff on standby...

Right?...

Aruka Datsukaeru
Maze​
f5e2ae37017f2e224513667fa3fe1c10.png
"Shit."
Aruka faced another dead end abruptly, though she could hardly see it, she could definitely feel the now dripping red liquid gradually leaving her petite nostrils. This, clearly, was not the way she had hoped to escape the dank depths of the maze. Almost as soon as the challenge had started, Aruka had found herself separated, which while she preferred not having other students to accidentally move too close and fall victim to her quirk, she was clearly out of ideas. Thankfully for her, pit falls and spiked floors were easily leapt around, or could be climbed over, but as for breaking down the hard surface which separated her from victory, Aruka was out of luck.

"I'm not" Aruka dragged her arm across her upper lip, wiping the small stain of blood that now crusted over it. Her eyes darted around the cavern, looking for something, anything.
"about" Without hesitation, Aruka's body propelled itself toward the walls which surrounded her, small cups on her fingers clinging to the surfaces as she moved around the sides of her newly found concrete prison.
"to give" She had done a good job so far staying out of the way, no one had been seen with an arm or leg that refused to respond to their nerves commands, not even the slightest bit of discomfort, not yet. At first, Aruka was surprised that she had even gotten in to the first class, sure, she had worked hard, but so had many others, others with what she thought to be far more manageable quirks. Over the day, however, with the pure disorganisation of those who were to show them how to be hero's, she began to doubt the significance of their achievement.
"up." Aruka crawled onto the ceiling which previously stood above her, she was here to be a hero, nothing else mattered, not even the school itself. With or without their help, she would earn that title, not for her personal gain, but to help those so many others disappoint.

Without warning, a mechanism activated in the platform Aruka had clung to. It was too fast for her to react, as the hard ceiling spun over, her body now upright, in another part of the maze. Aruka was static for a moment, her fingers and toes still stuck to what was now the floor. Shortly, her head moved up to face two others behind her, a series of sliced vines decorating the area around them. Vines which, as Aruka's peripheral vision noticed her own arms, shared a similarity to her skin.

"Those... Aren't mine." She awkwardly attempted to reassure the pair, before realising the suspicion in such a statement, sucking her lips in. From all fours, Aruka rapidly leapt up from the platform toward the others, not wanting to get stuck below once again.
"Which of us activated that?" Aruka couldn't help but wonder, her eyes observing it, and the decapitated vines which had fallen toward it. Perhaps they were just a distraction to trap them below, or it was just a way to get out of that dead end. After all the trouble they had faced in a single test, Aruka doubted the former.

Finally, Aruka's gaze landed back toward the two others who had suddenly appeared, or rather, whom she had suddenly appeared before. She couldn't remember either of their names, it had hardly mattered during class, yet as she noticed their now relatively close proximity to her, she stepped back slightly. "We should press on." Aruka simply stated, attempting to avoid any questions which would delay them further, her gaze moving back ahead toward, what she could only hope, was the way out of this perplexing labyrinth.

Xel Xel Hanarei Hanarei

Kimi_Rivers-StudentBanner.jpg
Kimi looked towards Toki as she seemed not too worried about the other two. While her mentioning nothing deadly being around in the maze was true, it wasn't as if it didn't mean they couldn't fail the maze either. Perhaps Toki was already suspecting they might of failed or were likely to do so soon enough? She kept quiet, not voicing any resistance to Toki wanting to press forward as she went down going down another direction ushering her to come. She had no reason not to at this point. She was better off having at least one person near her and she hadn't the slightest clue if Becca or Dante were even still in the running. She shuffled forward a bit hesitance before finally catching up in her stride following behind her classmate.

The teens eyes glanced around, seeming to keep quiet alert as Toki moved forward. Even though Toki was leading it was almost a natural instinct of hers to remain observant scanning to try and spot traps as she moved forward. She didn't seem to say anything at all as they moved ahead. Truthfully she wasn't really sure what to even say or if it might be a distraction to be talking to Toki. She didn't want to be annoying to her. As far as she knew Toki had every intention of making it through the test. The last thing she might expect was the idea of someone purposely trying to fail the test to just be done with it. Even if she suspected the test was way overtuned for people of their skill level, trying to get as far as possible would likely be the goal of any student who managed to get into Whitegate. Heck, she was more then certain there were plenty who either through extreme confidence or perhaps being obvious to the challenges though they could reach the end.

Kimi noticably shifted back a bit just before the trap was set off. The brief second of alertness was quickly replaced by a general timid expression as it looked as if she suddenly froze from the danger. Fortunately for Kimi Toki's quick reaction helped in protecting her as her shields flew up acting to block and slice away the vines. She looked on quite nervous looking as the Vines seemed to cease as Toki withdrew her swords to free herself. "A...are you okay?" She spoke a bit worried shuffling forward out of concern for her as it seemed she was doing just fine as she was ridding the vines using her shields. She glanced over Toki, being a bit more distant then Becca was not wanting to get to close to make Toki uncomfortable. Toki's confident did seem to upset Kimi a bit as she frowned though she responded back swiftly.

"Ah.... s... sorry... d... don't worry about me... I... I don't want to be a burden on you. M... my quirk is..." It was as if on cue Kimi's paused her speech jumping back a bit as a body came flying in front of them onto the ground. She looked on a bit hesitant at first looking unsure what to make of it. She seemed to usher them both ahead as if to take the lead leaving her that much more lost. Truthfully she couldn't recall the girl though it was quite possible she simply hadn't looked close enough during class. They didn't have all that much time to interact before being ushered out there after all. She shok her head a bit looking at Toki.

"Oh..s...sorry... my quirk is... um... telekenesis... though its n... not that powerful... so long as I can concentrait I c... can pick objects up... just as long as its n... not too heavy." She finished with a light blush seeming shy about it before shuffling ahead, not really thinking twice moving towards the newcomer without much resistance.

Daisuke had failed. He fell in a hole
Ofcourse with how stupid he acts he would fall for something as predictable and simple as that.

This maze is beyond anything a 15 year should be expected to do. What was your intention teacher? Have us all struggle and probably fail, then lecture us about needing to get stronger? Yeah too predictable. But this maze is pathetic. Sure I won't pass it. But my quirk is a complete negation to anything and everything a stupid maze could throw at me. Yeah sure we can't destroy the maze's walls, I could tear this whole thing apart. I'm sure that Daisuke could blast a couple walls. The whole you can't damage city property thing. A rule intended for heroes. But I'm no hero and never will be. But it would be stupid to go against the rules. I could risk expulsion.

"Do you expect me to be surprised when we all fail? Don't underestimate me."

Tsurei moved on..

"I'm fine." She didn't bother even looking at the other girl, her eyes scanning the corridor for any other surprises. It was only when Kimi began explaining her quirk that she turned to face the girl. A gesture that would prove rather pointless since the sudden arrival of another student drew her attention. She simply stared at the green-skinned girl for a few moments. Even with all the traps that littered the maze, she didn't expect one to just randomly shove some green girl in front of her. "R-right..." How else could she respond? Random classmate appeared out of nowhere and declared the vines weren't hers. She had many questions to ask, chiefly where the girl had come from. But before she could formulate her thoughts into actual words they were being pressured to continue.

Kimi, for her part, didn't hesitate to follow the newcomer. Trailing on after the other girl like a puppy as soon as she had explained what her quirk was. Well, it's not like she minded that much. Given the way things had gone they'd be split up soon enough. Hopefully this time it'd be her that got separated so she could finally bow out. Nevertheless she spoke up as they walked along. "Telekinesis, huh? I'll leave the lighter traps to you then." General telekinesis had to be a nice quirk to have. If she could control anything the way she did her shields... But she couldn't, all she had was a dumb quirk only suitable for hero work. She would have been much better off being quirkless over that. Can't change the past though, so no reason to dwell on it too much. With that in mind she focused her attention on the newcomer that was now leading them. "So, what's your name? And where'd you even come from? I doubt the maze can teleport you, yet you just randomly appeared in front of us."

Training Maze
Hanarei Hanarei Randomfella Randomfella

Users who are viewing this thread

Back