• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blight of Eileynn: Wings of Valor

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Ruma

"The air in this place is stale." After passing a rather large door with multiple locks on it, Ruma was already expect this kind of place, this wasn't her first time being imprisoned. Still, she really didn't think she was deserving to be placed in this place right now. Pyokko was sleeping in her embrace, still wrapped inside the dusty rag.

"Stale is too nice, this place is fuckin' rotten. Hurry up!" The large knight that had been pushing her from behind didn't seems to be eager to enter the place either. .

"Now, now. I do hope this accomodation is only temporary, mrs. Ruma. Pyokko will need you afterall." The high elf citadel knight that brought her was following them from behind. Despite the chuckle and permanent smile on his face, he was clearly disgusted by the place and was covering his nose with a handkerchief.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing important. Now, please." The elf knight opened one of the cell and probed Ruma into it.

She didn't resist at all because resisting at this point would not do any of them good. She was hesitant though, when the big knight extended his hand and signaled for her to hands him the hatchling. She didn't want to part with the small dragon yet and unconsciously held the wrapping rag tighter. If she would compare what she's feeling when the big knight snatched the hatchling out of her hands, it's like that time when her father dragged her son away from her. Just for a brief moment, anger could be seen flashing in her eyes and her hand reached onto her left hips, trying to grab the non-existent sword. She immediately calm herself by breathing deeply the prison's rotten air.

"I-if... you should take him.. give him food, he's still hungry." That was her only request for now, if the knights at least promise that then it would help keeps her worry away.

"Don't worry about that. We will guarantee his well-being for now. I know how to handle dirt eater." The elf flashed her an reassuring smile.

"Aaron, hurry up! I don't want to stay here for long!" The big knight had already started walking ahead towards the exit but the elf stays a bit longer.

"Wait for me in the entrance, Gunther! Now Mrs. Ruma, I hope you and miss elf over there can accompany each other."

Miss elf?

Ruma hadn't paid much attention to the cell she was in and she just realized there's another person in the corner of the cell. Based on how clean her clothes were, the high elf hadn't been in this cell for long too so both of them might be in the same situation.

"Farewell, you two. I hope we can meet again in a more pleasant situation."

After the elf knight left, Ruma leaned on the wall that was closer to the steel bars and she noticed several other people being kept in the other cells. Are all these people here because of the dragon egg??

Ruma was tired and frustated. She did nothing wrong and suddenly get thrown here. She was anxious about the outcome of this event. It's already hard enough to strike a balance between living her own life and trying to please her boss. What would Aram thinks about her if he founds out that her mother got imprisoned... Was this karma for her sins years ago??

Various thought swirling inside her head and threatens to overwhelm her. She tried to calm herself with the breathing technique again but the lingering smell of death really didn't help now. She looked at her high elf cellmates, she didn't looks any better either.

"I'm sure things would turns out fine, yes..." She was trying to cheer up the elf, but she realized that she might just wants to reassure herself with those words. Yes, everything would be fine. Everything should be fine..

Mention: Fable Fable

Hollis Falon
Interactions: Qolo
Tags: Novafire Novafire

Though they certainly could've been in worse conditions- they had no bindings or shackles, and still had full consciousness- Hollis opposed the rough force with which they were being handled. A Knight held their hands behind their back, practically shoving them down the stairs with occasional huffs. They severely wanted to grip their head- Piosuss was mentally crying out- but gritted their teeth through it.

Hollis tried to ignore the commotion going on around them and maintain a sense of composure. Dragons were ripped away from others- Pio had been taken on the ride to this prison- as their Riders screamed and cried out with the pain they felt. It felt like they were being tortured- and sounded that way too.

Hollis was ripped back to their current situation by a much closer shout. "Oi! Say something, would'n ya mate?" Their gruff guard hollered at them as they were shuffled past several cells. "Aish, might serve ya well."

Hollis was thrown into a cell, though it didn't happen to be empty. Looking up, they saw a Wyx lady- who'd clearly been crying. They were on the verge of joining her.

Flinching back at the rough slam of the cell door, Hollis sat up in the opposite corner from their cell-mate. They severely wanted to comfort her, but didn't truly know how to. Not to mention the severe lack of social interaction that they'd had over the last several years.

SIghing, Hollis began looking through their bag. It seemed that nothing had been taken aside from Pio, so they still had a number of things. They dug through the bag, looking for something to help comfort the person before them. An apple? Hmm, maybe. They did a bit more digging before pulling out a small chisel. It was quickly shoved back in.

The apple, then. It seemed to be the best choice, if not the only one.

Taking it out of their bag once more, Hollis looked back up to their cellmate. They tried for a smile and leaned foward. "Apple?" They held the object in question out.

[div class=background][div class=displayContainer][div class=characterDisplay][div class=container][div class=characterInfo]
Aliases: Kit, Phantom Thief
Race: Bestias
Skills: Thief, Illusion Magic,

Dual Swords, Hand to Hand

[/div][/div][/div][div class=positioner][div class=dragonDisplay][div class=containerDrg][div class=dragonInfo]

Element: Energy

[/div][/div][/div][/div]
[div class=characterName]Ki'Tavi[/div]
[div class=positioner][div class=dragonName]Nishati[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=textArea][div class=scrollBox]
Something about living in the Lower Stacks. You became a very light sleeper.

Jostled from unconsciousness when Cale's dragon unceremoniously landed at Headquarters, Kit took a moment to realize that Nisha was still on his neck. He had to appraise the situation as best he could now. He was basically mummified in chains. One lock secured his wrists, one his ankles, and a third secured the outer chains. That outer chain he wouldn't be able to unlock without drawing attention, so for now, he'd leave it be. His amber eyes turned towards Nisha, finding her staring up at him. He could feel the concern, but he manged a smile.

"I'm alright Nisha. For now, get in...." He whispered, finally letting his body relax. When he'd been caught, he fluffed himself up as much as he possibly could so that the chains would have some slack when he relaxed. Fortunately for him, it seemed the dwarfs hadn't taken notice of this fact when they chained him up. Nisha, seeing the newfound space, quickly slithered in and hid herself in Ki'Tavi's ample neck fluff.

Bifur and Oin, about now, came up to untie Kit from Firenz.

"Easy now, don't want to drop him!" Oin declared as Bifur's hands almost slipped. Bifur, clearly irritated by a lack of sleep and a lack of breakfast, only grunted in reply.

"Thanks for that. I suppose I owe you one?" Kit murmured from in the chains. Even now, he was working to pick the lock on his wrist using one of his claws. He waited until the jostled him, which rattled the chains, before he fully opened the lock. Bifur's enthusiasm with tying him up was now proving to be a welcome bit of help, because they couldn't see that he'd uncuffed his wrists and was now waiting patiently for the opportunity to get the rest of the blasted chains off of him. The one bit of comfort he was afforded was the fact he could feel Nisha on his chest, breathing steadily as she did her best, as before, to keep her presence from becoming obvious. Kit couldn't help but be proud of her, given how fast she caught onto what he was thinking.

"I wouldn't say you owe us one just yet... I doubt the guards will be content to let you keep your friend there-"

"Nishati"

"Your Nishati" Oin corrected himself.

"You gave us a lot of trouble." Cale finally spoke up. Gesturing for Bifur and Oin to carry Kit after him. "If it wasn't for the fact that Dragon selected you, you probably would have been killed for your little game. Then again, if it hadn't selected you, I doubt we'd have ever found you. I'll admit.. I'm curious to know how you managed to evade us for so long..." Cale remarked thoughtfully as he knocked upon a certain door. Kit's ears twitched as he heard the sound of an ungodly number of locks being fiddled with to let them through.

"What I'd like to know is why I'm being blamed because your convoy blew it's load prematurely." Kit retorted. Bifur, uncharacteristically, snorted a little bit with laughter which caused Oin's eyes to widen in surprise.

"Bifur, did you just... laugh? I didn't know you were able to!" Oin declared with a hearty laugh of his own.

"Cut the chatter you two.... We're going down" Cale glanced back at the Dwarves, who quickly killed their banter just as Bifur was going to make a smartass remark. "And to answer your question, Ki'Tavi... I personally don't agree with blaming those who found the eggs either. You were an exception because you quite literally ran us up and down the Citadel I lost track of how many times. Couldn't you have just turned yourself in if this was all a mistake?" Cale inquired, locking his gaze with the Cat.

"I could have, but you and your buddies went into man-hunter mode so fast I barely had time to grasp the fact I'd found an egg and it'd hatched before I had to run. Besides, the Knights who come down the Lower Stacks are known for getting a bit rough with people unnecessarily" Kit quipped as he was carried down a long staircase into what he could only assume was the dungeon. His nose scrunched up as a particularly foul smell reached his nose. Even Nisha voiced her displeasure with a low series of chirps.

"You know, I wasn't exactly expecting a five star treatment, but don't you think you guys could have at least hosed this place down a bit? You got Water Dragons, right?" Kit inquired as they finally reached the bottom. His gaze softened as he noticed the others. Judging by the shared expressions, these were other unfortunate souls who had found dragons. Even Cale's fist clenched as he did what he could not to make eye contact with anyone. Opening up a spare cell, Bifur and Oin carried Kit inside and set him down.

"Begging your pardon, but we don't exactly trust you not to try and escape if we unchained you, so we'll leave you like this for now" Oin spoke up apologetically as he scratched his head.

"Do what you gotta do, friend." Kit shrugged as best he could in the chains. Frankly, he was just going to slither out first chance he got anyway. If nothing else, these three had earned his respect. They weren't assholes. They were just following orders. Perhaps that's why Kit was being so cooperative. As they left the cage, some of the Guards from before filed in, selecting their tools to retrieve Nisha from Kit's person.

"Alright, where's this one's hatchling?" One asked Cale, holding out a hand for the keys to the chains.

"It slipped under his chains. Frankly, I'd advise against trying to separate them. You're only going to get yourselves hu-"

"Scuse me, Captain, but your authority ended the second you descended those stairs. My job is to retrieve the hatchling from that son of a whore so it can be reassigned to someone worthy." the speaker interjected, thrusting his hand to Cale's chest impatiently. Cale sighed, producing the key from a pouch on his hip and handing it to the impatient Guard Master. He stepped away from the door, crossing his arms to watch the spectacle unfold.

"I don't think he'll do any harm, Cale. I made sure to chain him up good and tight" Bifur said with a bit of pride in his voice as he watched the Guard Master and two assistants enter the cage.

"Oh did you now~?" Oin smirked playfully over at Bifur.

"What are you on about now?"

"I thought you noticed?"

"Noticed what?!" Bifur demanded impatiently.

"When you were chaining him up he puffed himself up to make room. He's probably already uncuffed his wrists." Oin pointed out. By this point, the Guard Master stood straddled over Kit, unlocking the chains and ignoring the conversation outside. His two lackeys started to search for Nishati, pulling back the chains as they searched while the Guard Master held an electrified cattle prod up to zap the cat if he attempted anything fishy.

Kit kept his expression even until they unintentionally moved the chains on his wrists. By then, he was mostly uncovered, and they hadn't even thought to check Ki'Tavi's floof. In a flash, he grabbed the flunkies by the neck and slammed their heads together with a resounding clack that sounded much like two coconuts getting acquainted. Stunned, the Guard Master raised his electrified instrument of cooperation, but before he could bring it down, Kit brought his knees up and kicked both of his feet straight up.

What happened next could only be described as the single worst thing that could happen to a man. A high pitch screech escaped the Guard Master as chestnuts were crushed, walnuts smashed, grapes squished, and he was actually launched off his feet and into the air. As his head collided with the ceiling, Kit reached down, unlocking his ankles and grasping the electric instrument of torture from where it had fallen. With a flourish, he planted the bottom of it on the ground, so that when the poor Guard Master came back down, the electrified end found a new home in his backside, driven home by gravity and the weight of the Guard Master's hubris. He squealed like a stuck pig as his body convulsed wildly, electricity coursing through his body. After a few seconds, Kit took mercy on the poor soul and kicked him out of the cell, sending him tumbling end over end to land at Cale's feet.

"W-why didn't you help me?!" The Guard Master Squeaked, his body still twitching from the residual shocks that still plagued him from the embedded instrument. Cale simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Because my authority ended the second I descended those stairs. There was nothing I could do" Cale remarked with a cold smirk as he looked down at the sniveling Guard Master at his feet.

"How in the blood soaked fuck-mothering hell did he do that?!" Bifur bellowed, smacking his palm to his forehead as he tried to figure out just how the Cat pulled off his daring deed.

"I told you. He fluffed himself up" Oin reminded him.

"He was barely conscious!" Bifur protested.

"And you got sloppy" Oin retorted.

"Why didn't you say anything?!" Bifur demanded as he turned on Oin.

"Because you were being a grouch and this is the only way you'd learn." Oin quipped as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"When you're done squabbling, help extricate the Guard Master from his staff." Cale called over to them, turning his gaze to the cell and resting a hand on his sword. Ki'Tavi was dragging the unconscious flunkies towards the door, tossing them out next to the Guard Master. Bifur and Oin, after looking from the GuardMaster to each other a few times, played rock-paper-scissors to decide who would undertake the unpleasant task of withdrawing the staff from its new sheath.

"Relax... I know I can't escape at this point." Kit muttered, dusting his hands off. "But tell your superiors that Nisha stays with me. I'll be in here if you need me" Ki'Tavi remarked, tossing out the chains before closing the door on himself. At this point, he was too tired and mana drained to attempt an escape. No, he'd need to bide his time at least until he'd been able to recover a bit more.

"I'll make sure the higher ups are aware... Good day" Cale nodded, helping Oin and Bifur drag the Guard Master and his flunkies somewhere to be treated for their injuries. With them gone, a strange quiet washed over the room. Nisha peeked out from Kit's neck floof, taking a moment to be sure the coast was clear before she clambered up to his shoulder. For the first time, he really got a good look at his prisonmates. Some of them he'd seen earlier that day. The Wyx girl, Uta... It seemed that there was more than a few eggs that had escaped in the night. Given how many Knights had been chasing him towards the end, he had to assume he was the last one. Most if not all of them had their Dragons taken away, though...

Kit sighed, reaching in his pocket for some jerky. Fortunately, he always carried some to snack on. He broke off some, feeding it to Nisha as he contemplated the current situation. He himself wasn't too hungry. He'd managed to get food during some of the lulls in the chase. Nisha, though, was a growing girl, and he could tell when she was hungry. His amber eyes scanned the group again. He wanted to say something, but the dead look in some of their eyes indicated that they might not be too receptive to most conversation.

Nisha, though, had other plans. Sitting on his shoulder, she started chirping and squeaking, clearly trying to talk to everyone that was gathered.

"Woah, slow down Nisha..." Kit murmured patting her head. He shook his head, realizing if he didn't translate, she'd keep talking anyway. "To translate... I'm Ki'Tavi, and this is Nishati, but she says you can all call her Nisha. She wants to know all your names, if you'll give them?" He inquired as he looked around the room. Nisha, from his shoulder, had her tail wagging happily as she waited eagerly to make new friends.

[/div]
[/div]
[/div]

[class=background] background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/736x/73/da/19/73da19bdd3d29c7fec67d0506fbb300d--throne-room-concept-fantasy-throne-room.jpg') no-repeat center center; background-size:cover; max-width:700px; margin:auto; border:2px solid black; [/class] [class=characterDisplay] position:relative; top:10px; width:300px; height:300px; margin:auto; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/01/80/58/018058b06e5a6882ef96c81815666ab6.jpg') no-repeat center top; background-size: cover; border-radius: 50%; border:3px solid #800000; box-shadow: 10px 5px 10px black; z-index:2; [/class] [class=dragonDisplay] position:relative; top:10px; width:200px; height:200px; margin-left:250px; margin-top:70px; background:url('https://wallpaperaccess.com/full/369759.jpg') no-repeat center top; -webkit-transform: scaleX(-1); background-size: cover; border-radius: 50%; border:3px solid #000080; box-shadow: -5px 2px 8px black; [/class] [class=displayContainer] max-width:700px; overflow:auto; height:800px; [/class] [class=positioner] margin:auto; width:300px; margin-top:-300px; [/class] [class=characterName] position:relative; width:300px; margin:auto; margin-top:-30px; font-size:50px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:2px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 1px; -webkit-text-stroke-color: rgba(255,255,255, 0.6); color:#b30000; text-shadow: 8px 0px 3px black; font-family:Marck Script; z-index:3; [/class] [class=dragonName] position:relative; width:200px; margin-top:160px; margin-left: 260px; font-size:40px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:2px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 1px; -webkit-text-stroke-color: rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); color:blue; text-shadow: 8px 0px 3px black; font-family:Fondamento; z-index:3; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=textArea] position:relative; width:95%; min-height:300px; max-height:600px; margin:auto; margin-top:-500px; overflow:hidden; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/474x/8f/b0/7d/8fb07d1d8660048cc089a07047e7e77d--texture.jpg') no-repeat center center; background-size:cover; background-color: #b3b3b3; border-radius:10%; border:2px solid #b30000; box-shadow: 10px 5px 15px black; font-size:18px; [/class] [class=scrollBox] position:relative; margin-left:10px; margin-right:10px; margin-top: 30px; padding-right:200px; width: 97%; min-height:500px; max-height:500px; overflow:auto; color:#000000; [/class] [class=container] opacity:0.0; transition: all 1.0s ease; position:relative; background:url('https://images.pexels.com/photos/1162642/pexels-photo-1162642.jpeg') no-repeat center center; width:300px; height:300px; margin:auto; border-radius:50%; z-index:4; [/class] [class name=container state=hover] opacity:1.0; position:relative; margin:auto; background-color:grey; background-size: cover; border-radius:50%; [/class] [class=characterInfo] position:relative; margin:auto; margin-top:0px; height:250px; width: 250px; font-size:24px; color:black; [/class] [class=containerDrg] opacity:0.0; transition: all 1.0s ease; position:relative; background:url('https://images.pexels.com/photos/1162642/pexels-photo-1162642.jpeg') no-repeat center center; width:200px; height:200px; margin:auto; border-radius:50%; z-index:4; overflow:auto; -webkit-transform: scaleX(-1); [/class] [class name=containerDrg state=hover] opacity:1.0; position:relative; margin:auto; background-color:grey; background-size: cover; border-radius:50%; [/class] [class=dragonInfo] position:relative; margin:auto; margin-top:-90px; margin-left:60px; height:150px; width: 130px; font-size:28px; color:black; [/class]

Qoxo didn’t sleep the remainder of the night and morning, her eyes unfocused as she stared at the slime and waste covered floor of her cell. The musty scent of rot hung in the air, the midday sun heating the interior of the dungeon, making the putrid air humid and heavy. A rat scurried across her foot, nibbling at the ash covered leather; the Wyx didn’t do so much as nudge it away from her. All she could think about was the frantic shrill screams of Malaphaes as he was pulled from her. She closed her eyes and clenched her jaw, willing herself to not cry in some damp disgusting dungeon. How could something she had barely spent no more than a few moments with have such a large effect on her? It felt as though she had had her heart wrenched from her chest and chucked into the Silver Seas.

Several others had been brought in throughout the night, tossed into the stinking cells. Her ears had twitched just ever so slightly as a soft voice called out to her, but Qoxo shut her eyes tighter. What was the point of conversation with a stranger when she knew what was coming. A Wyx in the hands of the Citadel Knights? Caught with a dragon hatchling? Her fate was nearly set at this point.

She opened one black and red eye turning her attention to the moor elf who had been added to her cell. she didn’t recognize them, nor any other prisoners in the surrounding cells. Her puffy eyes widened ever so slightly as her cell mate offered up an apple. Hesitant to trust some stranger in a jail cell; but at this point she didn’t have much of a choice. She was pretty hungry.

“Y-yes. Thank you…” she whispered, accepting the apple with a shaky hand. She gripped it hard between her hands and slit it with the sharp edges of her nails, offering back the other half to the Moor Elf.

She rest her head against the cool iron of the cell, letting out a whimper as her horn accidentally tapped against it. It was seeping slightly still, the exposed core of her horn throbbing heavily. Qoxo’s ear twitched as the door was thrust open, the guards dropping a large bundle of chains into a cell. From what she could see from the corner of her cell, it was the same Bestias who had rescued her last night. He didn’t look too roughed up, at least compared to some of the others here.

The Wyx watched in silence as the Bestias, who had introduced himself as Ki’Tavi earlier, freed himself from his iron containment and openly mocked the guards in their frustration. A rather comical scene, but Qoxo found no humor in her current predicament. It seemed as though he was pretty adamant about keeping the dragon that was curled around his neck; nestled in fur. So that was what the chirping she had heard earlier was. Her weary eyes drifted over the remaining occupants of the prison, their faces barely illuminated by the dim torchlight and slim windows that streamed sunlight in from the cells.

When Ki-Tavi introduced himself and his dragon Nishati, she didn’t respond at first. Confused by the fact he was some how able to communicate with this Nishati, Qoxo took a bite out of the halved apple, savoring its sweet taste. Not a single person here was alike, Qoxo observed; finding the only thing they had in common had have been the eggs that had dropped from the sky. “K’Tavi, are you trying to get us all the noose?” she hissed, scowling over at him. His antics had obviously driven the guards and knights up the wall.

There was no way they were going to get out of this. There had to hundreds upon thousands of Knights, and a couple hundred dragons scattered about the entirety of The Citadel. They’d rot here, and end up just another pile of bones in the corner. “D-Did everyone here have a hatchling?”

Deeper within The Citadel Knight’s headquarters, everyone was on high alert. There were still many missing eggs, and the council had ordered their retrieval.

However, echoing through the halls was another very distinct sound. A trilling song, soft and melodic in nature, carried above the noise; calling out to the young ones by their names, those that hadn’t been taken away just yet. It reverberated around the entirety of the Citadel Headquarters, even reaching down to the dungeons where the prisoners sat waiting. Following along with the song, the particularly pungent scent of Dragonsmilk drifted with it; enticing the young ones to follow. The song and scent wove its way deeper and deeper into the heart of the carved out mountain that was the Headquarters, leading the hatchlings into its depths to the source.

Now with the prison full and everyone awake, the soundscape became louder and more voices interacted with each other. From time to time more prisoners got dragged into the dungeon, and slowly but surely the cells filled up. Grenga couldn't make out much, only the guard's torches helped her identify some of the prisoners. There was a dwarf, a human, some elfs, a scalite … a wyx and a wood nymph even! That's an impressive diversity, and Grenga was honestly suprised to see some fancy elves being put right next to a wyx. The class difference is so high, Grenga almost felt dizzy just by imagining it. The latest prisoner was a chain cocoon. Wait, no. That's a bestia! A cat, to be more accurate. They must have done something aweful to be secured so heavily. They basically walked into the cell next to Grenga, but she tried not to look at him. Now there was a Scalite on her right, and a Bestia on her left. Could be the beginning of a bad joke, huh?

When the lights went out again, and Grenga was left in the dark with her bad vision, she was reminded of the situation she was in. Knowing more people have lived through the same fate as her lit up a small flame of hope inside of her, but as soon as she noticed it, she mentally stepped on it and made sure it's dead.

If Grenga has learned one thing in the Lower Stacks, then that she shouldn’t get her hopes up that easily. The prison definitely helped with that mindset. Grenga was sitting on a cold, rocky floor littered with a variety of trash and remnants of other prisoners. What those bones implied Grenga really didn’t want to think about.

More and more voices came through to Grenga. The heartbreaking sound of a crying person momentarily echoed through the prison. Grenga tried her best to catch every bit of information that she could, and soon she knew about someone called Ki-Tavi. Ki-Tavi also seemed to have his dragon with him, Nishati, and that immediately sparked Grenga’s interest. Those eggs really had dragons inside of them? She had thought about it earlier already, but now that she actually sees one so up close, reality hit her even harder.

Felavon was HER dragon, and she couldn’t do anything to turn that responsibility down. It felt like their hearts were connected to the point where Grenga could almost swear she felt Felavon’s heartbeat in the distance. A thrilling experience, but a frightening one as well. Grenga has never cared for anything in her life except herself, how could she ever raise a freaking dragon? Before the anxiety built up inside of her, she threw those thoughts out of her mind. It doesn’t matter. Grenga is accused for thievery, and will most likely never ever see her family or friends again, let alone Felavon. Tears started to blur the little vision Grenga has, and one even started creeping down her cheek. She did nothing to deserve this, she did nothing that would have ended her life like that.

Then, for a second, Grenga could swear she heard Helion. But, how? Was he captured as well?! Grenga jumped up onto her feet, and gripped the bars that were the closest to Helion. It can’t be. It was the same voice, the same way of talking, the same blabbering of nonsense. Grenga couldn’t suppress a smile.

Helion and Grenga knew each other for years, he was the one who invited her to work with the Silver Fish. Since that day, Grenga has never went to sleep without hearing at least one monologue of that bullshitting human. He had the ability to blow up every simple statement to a full blown speech, with plenty figures of speech thrown in ona whim. His way of speaking was inspiring, and Grenga couldn’t understand how other people perceived him as annoying or an idiot.

But then Grenga slowly came to the conclusion that it wasn’t him. After the first few words it just … didn’t seem like Helion. After that point she found more and more differences, and her heart dropped again. Stupid, how could she even think it was him. Stupid, stupid, stupid. With even more silent tears rolling down her face, Grenga slowly dropped to the floor again. Stupid, that’s what she was.

She started to control her breath again. In, wait. Wait. Wait. And out. She repeated this several times before she calmed down again. Always stay in control. Always contain yourself. Grenga can’t forget her principles just like that. A few minutes later, Grenga slowly faded out of the situation and her surroundings vanished. Meditation was a way to get back to her natural state, to come back to earth and see things from another perspective. And this time, she started picking up a song. It was a low hum, but it had a melodic nature to it, making Grenga concentrate on it. A string in her heart started pulling into that direction. She had no idea how that would even work, but it seemed like it was her bond to Felavon that responded. Were they okay? Was it their voice that sang to Grenga? She didn’t know, and before she could even think more about it, it already stopped.

Grenga opened her eyes again. When did she even close them? Doesn’t matter, something is happening and she needs to know what. Back to her collected and calm manner, Grenga stood up again. Time to take action.

Ki'Tavi, well his hatchling actually, asked for names. For some seconds she thought about the possible troubles he, or anyone in this dungeon, could get her into with just that simple piece of information. A name can be a powerful thing to know, even more to magically gifted people. Then again, does that really matter at this point? She probably will be sentenced to death soonish anyway.

"Name's Grenga."

The wyx hissed at Ki'Tavi, but then asked her own question. To Grenga it was almost a certain yes, it seemed like everyone in this dungeon has to do with the hatchlings. Just to stay polite, though, she answered shortly: "Yes, I did, at least."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back