• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Bleach: Shattered World (OOC)

Who should of Killed the Soul King in this AU world?

• Shinigami Traiter (Aizen Type)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Arrancar

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Quincy

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Hanarei

Rawr-ness
oLKL0cg.png

OOC

For all the OOC chit chatting goodness.

Indeed, the storyline in the interest check is what is there. That said I am going to flesh out a bit more at least of the different sides for a background tomorrow and then work upon maybe a nice story write up to elaborate more on things that happened.

That said I'm going to make a post a little about that primarily about picking what people might prefer established since I'm flexible on the options, I'll add the post below for it soon!

Who Did it?
I figure rather then settling on one (I do have them all in my head planned out) I'd allow for some voting to pick what everyone might prefer! I'll give some time to vote until tomorrow afternoon (some extra time after I get home from work naturally to make sure everyone gets a chance to vote).

The primary question would be... "Who killed the Soul King."

Vote in the Poll above since cheaters won't let me use Strawpoll. >.<

1.) Shinigami Traitor is meant to be basically the "Aizen" situation where a Shinigami that is incredibly gifted wants for their own reasons to basically fight the Soul King viewing their position with disdain likely seeking a more perfected existence.

2.) Arrancar is more around the idea of a strong Arrancar leading the way to invade soul society in an attempt to get to the Soul King and kill him. The primary reason likely being that of disdain for the balance of things and how they practically get the short of the stick in their existence.

3.) The Quincy... where a large group in hiding reemerges with their leaders plan to kill and then become the Soul King to take charge. In this case while the King is killed the entire process is cut short and with no Candidate left behind things fall apart.

Orikanyo Orikanyo Sigfried Sigfried Lizzie M. Lizzie M. Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Duwang Duwang EkoEkoAzarak EkoEkoAzarak AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Virus Virus Zerohex Zerohex Shining Wizard Shining Wizard (If I missed someone please tag them and tell me to stop failing)

Last edited:
Hanarei Hanarei
Question, are Reiatsu abilities impacted by other relevant stats or is their effectiveness only decided through the Reiatsu number?
Basically if you have high offensive power and its achieved through Reiatsu you would still have high offense. Considering Reiatsu more kind of like 'technique' rather then power. Having higher Reiatsu as a stat would mean you have more tools at your disposal like Kido or other techniques with higher Reiatsu meaning you have a better grasp at more difficult techniques or be more efficient at using stuff like Kido or what not.

Basically if you have high offensive power and its achieved through Reiatsu you would still have high offense. Considering Reiatsu more kind of like 'technique' rather then power. Having higher Reiatsu as a stat would mean you have more tools at your disposal like Kido or other techniques with higher Reiatsu meaning you have a better grasp at more difficult techniques or be more efficient at using stuff like Kido or what not.

Okay so, I think the way you're presenting this means Reiatsu can be used to overcome deficiencies in other stats. Low power? No problem, your high reiatsu beam/magic spells are still powerful. Low defense? No problem, because you can put up strong defenses through reiatsu. Low speed? Quincy's Hirenkyaku and Fullbring's Bringer Light aren't a footwork technique, they specifically use spiritual energy to propel themselves making it tied to Reiatsu as well. Possibly arguably the case for Arrancar too but it's an explicit thing with Quincy and Fullbringers. Even stamina could arguably be boosted by Reiatsu because you're "more efficient" at using all these things so you waste less energy which means you can use them more. This'd make Reiatsu the single most powerful and important stat above all else.

Okay so, I think the way you're presenting this means Reiatsu can be used to overcome deficiencies in other stats. Low power? No problem, your high reiatsu beam/magic spells are still powerful. Low defense? No problem, because you can put up strong defenses through reiatsu. Low speed? Quincy's Hirenkyaku and Fullbring's Bringer Light aren't a footwork technique, they specifically use spiritual energy to propel themselves making it tied to Reiatsu as well. Possibly arguably the case for Arrancar too but it's an explicit thing with Quincy and Fullbringers. Even stamina could arguably be boosted by Reiatsu because you're "more efficient" at using all these things so you waste less energy which means you can use them more. This'd make Reiatsu the single most powerful and important stat above all else.
Yes exactly! That is exactly 100% the opposite of what I was saying, glad you picked that up!

In all seriousness though, what does "Its Technique not Power" mean to you? There is NOTHING being added onto it. Your attack strength with stuff like Hido would be considered IN attack, its not just added onto it. Think of it like

"Well Kenpachi has 100 Beans in Attack. Kisuke has 100 beans in attack as well. However, Kenpachi's beans are all red. Kisuke has 25 Red, 25 Blue, 25 Yellow, and 25 Green beans all adding up to 100."

Reitsu would be indicating the diversity of techniques that make up your number not INFLATING the number.

And more to the point that just means the wizard beats the fighters every time because the wizard has power AND utility while the fighters just have power that is matched by the wizard's power anyways.
Classic Monte Cook blunder tbh I don't especially blame you cuz it's a common novice thing.

Alright, you have 1 whole pizza. You put on pepperoni on half and extra cheese on the other. How many pizzas do you have?

Okay I'll give you a minute.

Alright... alright... good?

You have 1 Pizza. Just 1. That number didn't change the only thing that changed was the toppings. You don't change it just because it was added to in the end its the same number of pizza.

So what you're telling me here is that this is literally nothing but meaningless numbers and we don't even have a reason to put the stats down in the first place because they don't matter, won't matter, and have never mattered?
Because every analogy you've used has only further cemented that you think of them as useless kibble that have no actual bearing on the game and, given the complete lack of benchmarks, I'd be forced to agree with this sentiment.

Alright I don't know what to tell you. At this point it feels like its purposely attempting to cause trouble for the sake of causing trouble. I explained it the best I can, I even double checked with people and that what i said makes sense. Right now your just going from one extreme to another.

Take it or leave it. If you don't like it you don't have to join. I'm not going to let the RP get bogged down before it even started with a bunch of nonsense that is just going to drain away the fun for everyone else.

So if I'm getting this right, reiatsu is purely a fluff stat?
If you use Kido a decent amount or other techniques of that nature you are going to likely have a decent amount. If not and your like a Kenpachi where its all about the basics swing sword and hurt things probably not.

I'm mostly treating it like all the stats are fluff stats. Like the stat spreads you see in some shows; they don't really mean anything, they're just there to look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back