• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Blackwood High: The Gods Walk Among Us

Selee-01

All according to my Scenario
You all, no doubt, are wondering why I summoned you here. Why draw you to a isolated boarding school in the Pacific Northwest? I’ll tell you.

You are gods. Not the cold images on temple walls, not distant dispensers of lightning, but human to the bone. The only difference is that every century or so, we’re reborn as babies, without any memories, but bearing the potential for immense power. The power to raise storms and level towns.

You don’t believe me. Understandable. I’ll prove it to you all.

I know you all were adopted. No record of your birth parents. Likely, you had discipline issues or similar troubles. And you all had some incident that made you question what you were, something that proved you were not human. Maybe you can bring fire with a thought. Maybe you are bulletproof. Maybe a storm follows when you get mad.

Maybe you ended up killing somebody you loved.

Understand this: I won’t judge. I’m here to reveal your true nature, and to give you each a set of instructions. You must follow them to the letter. And never, ever reveal them to each other.

Because you are not the only gods out there, and because one of you in this very room is a murderer and a liar.

Interested

200.gif

I’ve come up with a basic character sheet, and I figured I’d elaborate on what I’m looking for.

With the gods, try to go more obscure- I’d rather not have a dozen Greek gods. Preferably, no more than two gods from any one pantheon. There’s thousands of gods to choose from- go wild!

Something to keep in mind is that although the gods are modestly superhuman in most physical ways, they aren’t typically bulletproof or strong enough to casually flip a truck. Keep things relatively grounded- even the powerhouse gods like Pele, Zeus, or Thor are not invulnerable to all damage, and they are not as powerful as their mythic counterparts. No mountain flipping here.

Character Sheet
Subject to alteration in the future

Name: Both your godly name, and the name your adoptive parents gave you. Although it’s expected that all of your characters are still using their human names, many gods choose to shed those names and take their old ones.

Appearance: Realistic face-claims only please. Cite the person where possible. Try to stick specifically to the ethnic group your god came from, when possible.

Garb/Tattoos/Piercings: Anything along these lines. What they usually wear. Do recall that Blackwood is a pretty expensive private school, and that there is a dress code, so nothing wildly outrageous for daily wear.

Personality: Remember, each life has a different development, and personalities can vary wildly depending on their circumstances. Preferably about 3/5 paragraphs, including at least three likes and dislikes. Flesh ‘em out.

Backstory: 3/5 paragraphs, including childhood details, parent details, and some information on their godly status through the eons.

Powers:
Only 1/2 powers of modest scale for now- as time goes on, you will train your abilities and develop new ones. Some gods, powerhouses like Pele, can crack the ground and summon hurricanes at their peaks.

However, not every god gets so much more powerful- some cap out early. Such gods instead refine their instincts and skill, giving them a finessed edge over their brute-force brethren. An example might be a winged deity with only flight as his special ability- he’ll get faster, more agile, and far more annoying, while still being able to damage a stronger god due to their physical limitations.

No power gaming or attempting to break the game is acceptable. No god is inherently going to succeed against another- even Persephone can take out Thor, if she’s lucky and clever.

Quotes: go hog-wild.

Theme Song: Essential.

Role: This is more of a personalized thing to discuss with me privately- each role has a specific set of instructions that they must fulfill.

I’ve come up with a basic character sheet, and I figured I’d elaborate on what I’m looking for.

With the gods, try to go more obscure- I’d rather not have a dozen Greek gods. Preferably, no more than two gods from any one pantheon. There’s thousands of gods to choose from- go wild!

Something to keep in mind is that although the gods are modestly superhuman in most physical ways, they aren’t typically bulletproof or strong enough to casually flip a truck. Keep things relatively grounded- even the powerhouse gods like Pele, Zeus, or Thor are not invulnerable to all damage, and they are not as powerful as their mythic counterparts. No mountain flipping here.

Character Sheet
Subject to alteration in the future

Name: Both your godly name, and the name your adoptive parents gave you. Although it’s expected that all of your characters are still using their human names, many gods choose to shed those names and take their old ones.

Appearance: Realistic face-claims only please. Cite the person where possible. Try to stick specifically to the ethnic group your god came from, when possible.

Garb/Tattoos/Piercings: Anything along these lines. What they usually wear. Do recall that Blackwood is a pretty expensive private school, and that there is a dress code, so nothing wildly outrageous for daily wear.

Personality: Remember, each life has a different development, and personalities can vary wildly depending on their circumstances. Preferably about 3/5 paragraphs, including at least three likes and dislikes. Flesh ‘em out.

Backstory: 3/5 paragraphs, including childhood details, parent details, and some information on their godly status through the eons.

Powers:
Only 1/2 powers of modest scale for now- as time goes on, you will train your abilities and develop new ones. Some gods, powerhouses like Pele, can crack the ground and summon hurricanes at their peaks.

However, not every god gets so much more powerful- some cap out early. Such gods instead refine their instincts and skill, giving them a finessed edge over their brute-force brethren. An example might be a winged deity with only flight as his special ability- he’ll get faster, more agile, and far more annoying, while still being able to damage a stronger god due to their physical limitations.

No power gaming or attempting to break the game is acceptable. No god is inherently going to succeed against another- even Persephone can take out Thor, if she’s lucky and clever.

Quotes: go hog-wild.

Theme Song: Essential.

Role: This is more of a personalized thing to discuss with me privately- each role has a specific set of instructions that they must fulfill.
No character sheet page?

This sounds awesome! I‘m totally up for it ˆˆ Regarding the gods, do they have to be greek or could you also go with egyptian or celtic etc.?

I’m interested!

If possible I’d love to play one of the notable Chinese deities, are you currently accepting character sheets for review?

Are you planning on using discord to organise things? And have you got a general idea for the framework/plot of the RP, or are you still in the planning stage?

Are you planning on using discord to organise things? And have you got a general idea for the framework/plot of the RP, or are you still in the planning stage?
Probably, yes.

I do have a basic frame, but I’m also developing things.

This is so interesting! Is there still room for more?

This sounds like a fun roleplay. However, I do have a couple of questions.

1: What exactly do you mean when you use the term "gods"? Are we limited to figures that were explicitly worshipped or can we also play characters that are, for example, the incarnation of the Fenris wolf?

2: Are there any limits to what gods we can pick? Can we picks gods like Chernobog who, despite being part of the mythological pop culture, probably weren't actually real?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back