• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Bitter Spite

Captain Gabriel

Three Thousand Club

"A long time ago, in a land, far, far away... there was only war."
A shining new era.

That's what he said he'd bring.

His voice was like wine. Evil wine. Spiced with honey on a silver tongue. He used hope as an instrument.

Honestly, the Cabrinate Empire was never perfect. Goddess forgive my words -- but the Emperor and his lieutenants were all prejudiced scum. Pigs under a tyrant, all bathing in the muddy hypocrisy he fed them. Same went for the humans. All of us turned a blind eye to the blatant discrimination. Against orcs. Against dark elves. Against all other, "lesser" races. Only humans and elves were seen as worthy.

And then it became clear that Seth had enough of it.

Seth. Seth... Seth! That bastard dark elf. A demigod he is, or so they say. Created by the corrupt ilk of the dark gods. All in a gambit by their hand. And so, the chess pieces aligned perfectly. All he had to do was say checkmate.

I'm rambling. Let me explain: A year ago, a single soldier in the army; Seth -- no surname. Seth said he had visions, heard voices. But he was hiding the truth from everyone. Where the voices came from. And so, he gathered the support of many. With their help, he started a civil war - the Gothic War. It lasted one year, and at the end of it, his forces invaded the capital. Supported by the orcs, by the dark elves, by beastmen, by trolls, ogres. All gathered under him. Eventually, even celestial and infernal beings; above ordinary mortals gave him their support. Demons, or fallen angels. Necromancers that he promised benefits.

A false prophet conceived by false gods, all for a false cause. It took one swipe of the sword and the king was dethroned. But...

Then the Majai Knights intervened. An order of warriors tasked with protecting the land; in secret when possible. A secret service. All prayed and created a field that quickly spread all over the Empire. Seth lost his connection with the dark gods -- and a large amount of his power. His armies dispersed, and whatever loyal men stayed with him dragged his burning body away.

And things went back to normal for another year. We thought Seth and his men were dead. Driven back to the far north, to mount futile campaigns of doom every few months. A new Emperor was throned. The government was reconnected. The Cabrinate Empire returned, a bit less corrupt than before.

That doesn't matter. Now, Seth is returning.

And who will stand against him?

Birdsie Birdsie Alteras Alteras Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Archdemon Archdemon Hanarei Hanarei

Sure. You got me hooked. Just wondering, what formatting do you expect this to be? And I'm guessing this will be a combat heavy rp.

I want to join but this is probably gonna turn out like what happened when I joined Birdsie's RP's so I'll probably just watch for the time being.

Sounds interesting!

What kind of roles can we play? Is this combat focused or can we lean towards the more political stuff if we so choose?

Sounds interesting!

What kind of roles can we play? Is this combat focused or can we lean towards the more political stuff if we so choose?
Pretty sure you can play anyone from Seth's followers to a Majai Knight. As for the second question, pretty sure you can do both too.

Here's the link, since *COUGH* The GM Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel *COUGH* couldn't bother to put one up for people who wanted to join in the future.
Bitter Spite - Character Sheets

What kind of character are you guys lacking? I am thinking of a ranger but I can happily fill any other role.
And on a scale of 1 to 10, how rare is magic with 1 being super duper rare.
@anybodyrly

What kind of character are you guys lacking? I am thinking of a ranger but I can happily fill any other role.
@anybodyrly
I'd say 8 or 9. Enough that a human could learn a spell or two as a child.

@anybodyrly
Sorcerer-type magic (innate, from birth) is as rare as having blue eyes.
Other types of magic are as common as having a smartphone in modern days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back