• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Beyond the Noragami [Currently Accepting!]

DIGIMORTAL

Malfested

Tried an interest check for this on a different site to no avail. Maybe there are fans here?

This is a mix between two animes: Beyond the Boundary & Noragami. No previous knowledge is needed of these shows. The concept of them is what fuels my desire to create something similar. I am going to list everything that’s relevant in the ooc.

** Currently requesting/searching for a co-gm who can help me come up with missions & help run the story. **

Setting: Will take place in both a modern day mortal world with demon influence & the spirit world where these demons can be plainly seen.

Genre: Expect to find action with character driving focus.

Concept: Characters will switch between the two worlds when taking on jobs to defeat demons in order to make a living.

Class: Players can choose to be a yokai [half demon], youmu [supernatural manifestations], phantom [a human that can cross the plane onto the spirit world], a summoner [uses regalia to fight], and many others.

Goal: I am thinking about making episodes in which we will fight & eliminate a new “big-baddie” at the end of them. I think that would be easier than trying to keep one villain's story straight throughout the whole run. Perhaps there will be an ultimate evil but players will not find out for a while.

That's basically the gist of it, any takers?

Youmu: Supernatural creatures of all shapes and sizes. Some even take on a human form. Most are relatively docile without humans even aware of their existence. However, there are times when a youmu’s behavior will upset the balance, so the Spirit World Warriors among other hunters are sent in to exterminate them.

Youmu stone: When a youmu is killed they produce a stone which ranges in rarity, and can be appraised and traded for income. This is how Spirit World Warriors and other hunters make a living.

Half-Youmu: Very rare & will only be accepting two. If choosing a Youmu, what animal form do you take? This can include a variety of fantasy creatures like a nine tailed fox or a large phoenix.

Spirit World Warriors: People who are instructed to subdue hostile Youmu, their abilities were passed on by blood. They specialize in fighting Youmu in particular but can also slay other demons as well.

Phantom: A human that can cross the plane onto the spirit world but only by falling asleep. However, this leaves their mortal body venerable. Their spirit body gains a “cord” i.e a tail, ears, etc. that if damaged will sever ties to the spirit world. It has been said that some demons are able to kill the human body of a Phantom but this is extremely rare. They posses a wide range of abilities with no Phantom ever sharing the same as another. Not much is known about them except they were able to became a phantom by some form of trauma.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am already getting the ooc prepared even though you're my only bite so far. ^^

searching for a theme song at the moment too.

cooljavis007 said:
phantoms sound like the main character
in Noragami, Hiyori was a phantom & she was one of the main protagonists but in this rp it doesn't matter what players choose as they will be important to the story no matter what. ^^

cooljavis007 said:
ok but when you make a thread I'm going to be a phantom (-:

but I have school 8:00 - 4:10
no worries.

i work all the time, that's also why i am searching for a co.

yep.I can't wait > <

-

you should tell your friends to join

and I'm not the best writer

I'm a noob to

cooljavis007 said:
you should tell your friends to join
yeah...i should do that...

-looks away in sadness-

if only.

just joined so there isn't anyone i know to invite.

cooljavis007 said:
and I'm not the best writer
if you can dish out two paragraphs then you should be golden.

all i ask is that you try your best. ^^

ah, i meant i am a newb to the site but if you ever need help in the rp department, lemme know!

added teaser info at the beginning of the interest check.

Hmm, its abit of a stretch to ask this, but you have caught my interest, to not ask would be to resign me to thinking about this for awhile. Thanks to you i now am interested in these two animes, and will be watching them, I was wondering, while I am going about marathoning these two, just 12 episodes each it seems, I could join in on this? Would that be acceptable?

as a side note, episode one of noragami... love the art style.

Orikanyo said:
Hmm, its abit of a stretch to ask this, but you have caught my interest, to not ask would be to resign me to thinking about this for awhile. Thanks to you i now am interested in these two animes, and will be watching them, I was wondering, while I am going about marathoning these two, just 12 episodes each it seems, I could join in on this? Would that be acceptable?

as a side note, episode one of noragami... love the art style.
of course you may! ^^

thanks much for showing interest.

i hope you enjoy them & yes, the art for Nora is beautiful. Yatty has thee best blue anime eyes by far that i've seen.

23iz8lf.gif

Agreed, and thanks! I shall do my best to fit it all in as I'm dragged off to do family shenanigans...

Orikanyo said:
Agreed, and thanks! I shall do my best to fit it all in as I'm dragged off to do family shenanigans...
hehe, have fun!

i watched the last four episodes of Nora without stopping. It became a bit addicting. ><'

edit: i am going to be making a character that uses a regalia, so i'll have two characters essentially...among npcs

From my research and watching of the episodes, regalia are weapons created from souls that are uncorrupted, bound to a wielder of such a weapon, typically gods yes? In this roleplay the wielder will be one of those soul warriors? Making it somewhat like souleater if I'm right?

Orikanyo said:
From my research and watching of the episodes, regalia are weapons created from souls that are uncorrupted, bound to a wielder of such a weapon, typically gods yes? In this roleplay the wielder will be one of those soul warriors? Making it somewhat like souleater if I'm right?
correct!

the problem with regalia is that the wielder can become 'blighted' & can die if their regalia does not confess their wrongdoings or continues to 'sting' their 'master' by disobeying. not all regalia like to be one.

I haven't watched either of them, honestly hadn't even heard of them before, but it sounds interesting.

Ah I see, funny I just saw that part, seems also the dirty thoughts to get transfered ( -_- ")

Synaria said:
I haven't watched either of them, honestly hadn't even heard of them before, but it sounds interesting.
no worries, you don't have to.

none of the original characters will be making an appearance.

Orikanyo said:
Ah I see, funny I just saw that part, seems also the dirty thoughts to get transfered ( -_- ")
bahahaha, yup.

Wiggle said:
I am down for this.
wootwoot!

alrighty, seems we have a decent amount of interest.

i am going to continue working on the ooc & will post the link in here.

@DIGIMORTAL So... I learned something very important from episode 4 of Nora.... the best time to sell somebody anything and tell a lfie story, is while falling off a building... i'm glad I found this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back