• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
The setting

They've been called many things throughout history. Gods, Demigods, Titans, Heroes, Sorcerers, Wizards, Witches, Demons, Angels, the list goes on and on but none are accurate. In reality humanity has long since held within themselves the genetic potential to tap into the comic forces of the universe, though rare some people are simply born with advantages no one else possesses. Throughout history these power blessed individuals have fluctuated in their might like the waxing and waneing of the moon, unbeknownst to all but a handful of people in this world this fluctuation is tied with a mysterious celestial body known as the Crucible Star. A comet roughly the size of france that passes by our planet every 5 thousand years or so. As it nears the potency of powers become greater and greater, beginning to fade into more subtle abilities as it leaves on its outward orbit.

In the year 2020 the Crucible star has become visible in the sky for the first time in five thousand years. For the past thousand or so years an organization hidden in the shadows and allied with the government has kept the metahuman population low by hunting down and killing them. Even still a small number remain hidden in order to survive, but with the star on its approach their power grows by the day amd already their assassination squads have begun to fail in their hunts. Videos have begun to circulate of people doing amazing things, though quickly deleted and claimed as fakes awareness has begun to spread. The world is on the precipice of a massive change and if history is to be repeated civilization as we know it may not survive.

(Ok welcome. For those of you who saw this a few hours ago it is indeed a revamp of an earlier concept. There are plenty of roles availible and its still geared to be a open world sandbox with plenty of adventures in all different environments from space to the arctic to the jungles both concrdte and green and everywhere in between. You can be a metahuman in hiding or on the run, good or bad, human or not. No aliens or supernatural entities allowed yet. Powers can be diverse and i will be mostly pretty lenient but try not to make anything to haxy or anything that controls anothers character or the reactions they can have. Its no fun if you cant react. The shadowy organization does not have a name yet though i am open to suggestions. They are responsible for the salem witch trials among other attrocities to take the worlds metahumans out, and of course they too are playable but for obvious reasons cannot be empowered. I am also looking for a leader for them if you are interested.)​

Character wise I'm thinking of maybe using a Cybopath based power set.

Ohhh, so there can be good and bad metahumans. This'll be interesting. How many people exactly do we need to start the RP?

Character wise I'm thinking of maybe using a Cybopath based power set.
Whats a cybopath? If its like I boy manipulating the internet then thats fine but it can't be to powerful in that case. Like a visual range limit would be required otherwise in this modern era youd be basically omnipotent and information hiding is a major part of how the secret uas been kept. Perhaps your character is a part of the reason why the secret is leaking.

Ohhh, so there can be good and bad metahumans. This'll be interesting. How many people exactly do we need to start the RP?
We actually have plenty of people and ill be getting the cs up later.

Basically its eating stuff and getting information from it. Would be mixed with with some other stuff.

Cibopath. But yeah its a from a weird comic series with a bunch of food based powers, though the power doesnt work on beets.
1591639449640.png

Its actually a cool power when you mix it with some other stuff to be at a Superhero level.

Examples of some weird ones.
1591639737618.png
1591639822217.png
1591639833398.png

Yeah so idea would be taking a range of the food based powers with Cibopathy the main one. (The comic is a bit gross in parts but a fun one)

There is a similar one of a guy who can make working devices out of chocolate but uses it mainly to make guns that can get smuggled undetected through security.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back