• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

And I broke the curse, put the dead in a position for the Victorians to use the lighthouse, and what will you use the amphitheater for? I can put it to better use than any of you guys. I can modify it. Second, I was here before any of you guys. Your in my homeland, not the other way around.

This policy is not efficient, but fortunately there is plenty of land to go around. I think we need better coordination. Not just for selfish interests but in the interests of each other and the Colony. We could expand together cohesively and get each other backs, work together make quarters for each others factions and perhaps communal areas for the colony and infrastructure to help all involved.

Right, but would the Attolians, or most non-elf factions believe or care? It's been a long time to them, so such claims would be shaky to them. The curse, yes, but was this communicated to anyone? Cause so far it seems like in IC view, that the Nylor unleashed the undead into the district. Pretty much, the major issue is that in IC, none of the factions really know the Nylor or are able to really speak with them (Except highborn). So, diplomatically, the Nylor just claiming the theater like that is problematic.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel I am not saying not to take the Amphitheater and I did not know all of that because OOC I have been very busy trying to find a home to buy so I spend all my time looking at listings and houses. Those are legitimate contributions and I do not have an issue with them.

I just think and I was discussing this briefly with Beck that there should be some coordination as we clear out the ruins and who settles and claims what. I am not making any claims except the Highborn would also like to occupy some of the theater district and help clear the ruins.

The Highborn had intended to send support to back up Colonial forces, and it occurred apparently (I was told after the fact) before the Highborn soldiers could arrive. A similar thing occurred with the Witch. OOC it's because I am not always able to keep up, IC it was because the Highborn were spread too thin and did not react in time to have forces in place.

I Mean this all in a friendly, diplomatic way. I was trying to head off any conflict not add or create one.

And you could have gone in there, and have not broken the curse at all. God only knows what would have happened. And how do I really know you guys were doing this? Just woke up, and don't really know your language, its not like I could.

That is legitimate. From a OOC response the Night ELves need a place to call home,; A home base. From a IC response, the Highborn would like the Night Elves to participate and coordinate with the Colonists. One thing to do perhaps is to dedicate some of the Nylor to the Language center where there is a highborn there and others. The Highborn Linguist can help the Nylor learn common if interested and this would help prevent misunderstandings.

Right! I completely agree about the Nylor's perspective as well. But I only can say that from an OOC manner. The Nylor's unique situation makes this pretty complicated. So, I am saying that from an IC viewpoint that issues are going to arise if the Nylor do claim the theater like that.

And I can modify the Amphitheater to be something of effect like the lighthouse. Much more sustainable since the tears of divinity will lose all strength.

Perhaps, if willing Zaltusinel Zaltusinel I will dedicate my Linguist to work with your people to teach them common and live among them a bit to help create a foundation as one of your people live at the learning center to learn common. We can create a dictionary for the whole colony with all the languages and mass produce phrase books. The Highborn will build a printing press if possible and we can mass produce phrase books and dictionaries. Anyone want to join me in this endeavor?

I'd be for it. In between the lines, the Amphitheater was used a hook to keep me close to the colony. Because I was going to be the farthest out.

I am envisioning this would be a great morale booster for all factions and help with communication. We can have Ratkin, Fennec, Tyren, Dwarf, Sylvan, High Elven and Common phrase books and dictionaries. Amayran? Why not. We all have scribes and linguists for the most part and this would be a great endeavor.

The Amphitheater can be worked out, but if it's the same one, I think the Attolians are using it unless there is more than One? If so that is something for them to work out.

Well they just built one and the fennec have one too. And I am going to build a music hall anyway at some point. It will act like a place for mages since Nylorian magic uses music.

I see. As the ones who can currently bridge the two people because of language difficulties. I would like to resolve the issue without prejudice, conflict and in fairness. Is this mentioned in the thread somewhere?

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel I completely understand what it is that you are trying to say about the Nylor and in OOC I like the idea of the Nylor synergy with the theater. But, the issue is that in IC, no one else really knows this info. As mentioned, they just got out of a vault and cannot communicate with most of the colony. It is from this and the events that occurred that there's room for issues in the IC.

Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion A printing press would be nice, and is something that I was entertaining for the colony. Let me know if you want to proceed with that idea! Willing to dedicate resources and expertise to this project. Also, Attolian is a separate language too. Common seems to be the language propagated by the Muurdain, but the Kingdom also has its own language as well.

Also, nope. The issue has not popped up yet, but just wanted to direct some attention to it.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon I am definitely interested in starting a printing press and a library. Literacy is key to a great civilization. Yes. Attolian too. All translated into to Common and then one could reverse look up the meaning.

The other thought was to found a university and assuming there are children, schools trade schools and vocational training associated with the guilds.

I think once we deal with the cull, we can start promoting immigration on the Main land and bring more families. We will need schools and all of this infrastructure, housing to expand the population.

They're really young, its likely they have no idea on me. Ryleon isn't going to incite violence. I only asked you in case they did for some reason. But them having no idea on me was the Sylvan's mistake.

I think we need city planning and in this planning we need communal housing and areas open to whatever factions or immigrants that arrive. We should have plans for these areas and build them properly with sewers, sanitation, housing, parks, schools and such. Some areas should be non-partisan, perhaps around the capital or in newly cleared ruins as well?

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel As it stands, the Highborn Linguist, the Spy Master and Arch Mage speak and understand some Nylor or something akin to it at least. Are your Elves willing to learn common? I understand it's primitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back