• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

Nope, but I feel like this is kind of like pandora's box. Once we open the way to the cavern. There's no turning back. Unless the Ayamaran are will to share some of their food as samples. Dr. Fleming can take a better look at them for weaknesses.

Indeed. I was hoping I could have a cannon up by this point so that we could just shoot at it from afar. But yea, I was thinking that fire/explosives would work for 2 reasons. 1 is that they have been underground for ages. I can picture them being pretty sensitive to light. 2nd, they might have thick shells, but I doubt that their bodies are used to sudden shock waves. Granted, it is just speculation, but I'm kinda picturing how people used to use dynamite to go fishing and kill an entire area of fish from the shockwave. The fire... well... you guys know how well lobsters do in a boiling pot.

Edit: If its possible, maybe the dwarves can discreetly dig under the mother, we plant a bomb using the block powder under it, then kaboom. WW I sapper style.

Last edited:
Smoking it out may work but remember we are deep under ground and will need to be wary of smoking ourselves and sucking out all the oxygen

Also it will probably be damp down there

Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion :

In your example you fail to acknowledge that there are at LEAST two size catagories for monsters above huge -- Gargantuan and Collossal. This thing has been undisturbed by mortals for thousands of years, and (dare I suggest relating to the setting) might be the physical manifestation, agent, or avatar of a literal fallen god.

So yes, baddies get big. Secondly - this is a GREAT example of why I am "Show, not Tell" on how big things are or get hung up on things like scale and distance. Once you quantify exactly how big or far something is, people start questioning if something is possible, or too hard, or too easy, and that road leads to where roleplays die.

You have Tears of divinity, a diverse group of experts, and at least passable relations with other fallen divinities -- and in the case of this crisis, it's on a relatively low (but real) fuse as far as timeline to accomplish.

There are many ways to deal with this. I believe you have Finecians ILLUSIONISTS at your disposal. Good ones as well

What are the Dwarves comitting to helping? THey would be the experts in fighting these things!

Beckoncall Beckoncall

In regards to size, for me it's important to have a sense of size to develop a strategy and know what we are dealing with. I was envisioning something much smaller, the terrain differently, and an actual fish in a flooded cave. Now I know it's basically Lobster-Spider godzilla from a Japanese monster flick not unlike a Lobster Kumonga.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion In regards to the clearing of the Theater, I dont actually plan on causing drama like I said in Discord. The Fennecs job is done, and I believe helping the colony like that is equal to 4 points?

I will leave now and send my Skilled Thugs to help with the Cave Fisher likely, unless scavenging/scouting the cleared district is acceptable, although the 5 wealth directly gained from the act of clearing it is of course yours as per the agreement.

Spacekitty Spacekitty

That seems fair. I missed what you said in Discord, but ironic if it was indeed discordant. ;)
I said "Im taking that wealth, dont give me points if you must!"

But of course my words and my actions may be two different things. Ill scout the place out and scavenge the non 5 non welath stuff with exiles and delegate the skilled thugs to helping with the Cave FIsher. We will need their help it seems...

Didn't the Fennec automatically take some of the loot? If they did, then if those are surrendered, then we have an agreement.

I think their share of wealth should be handed over to the colonial bank and used for joint projects like the capital building, defenses, sewer system, building bank and so on.

That's going to be a problem. The Attolian Halberdiers bodies are in the amphitheater (not sure if it's the same one, but the 3rd biggest one).

Right, but I'm thinking in terms of IC terms. The Nylor come in and claim the theater after the Attolians bled and died for that theater and helped deal with the horde of long dead who rushed out into the district. It looks pretty bad... especially since if the coalition wasn't there ready to fight, then the Long Dead could have done god knows what. But 3,000 angry skeletons running around is not good. So, diplomacy time! Woooooooo.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon @ all
Not sure honestly (and perhaps because I have not been paying enough attention) how your faction would be claiming anything as of yet. Has the Colony met with your Race besides the Attolians and Highborn? Are they participating with the Colony? I admittedly have not been able to keep up with all the Storyline, but as it stood last I discussed it with the Attolans that the Attolians and Highborn were expanding Westward into the Agora and Theater district. There have been some miscommunications in terms of for example the Highborn participation with the Clearing out of the Theater District and Agora, and for sure the Highborn have overextended themselves, but before conflicts occur before factions, I think we need to discuss who is dividing up and where. For sure your faction needs a place to settle and understandably our factions or any factions cannot just wantonly claim everything, but long before the New factions arrived the Victorians, the Fennec, the Night Elves, the Attolians and Highborn were working on clearing out the Ruins to the West.

I had suggested earlier on a planning committee to avoid these kind of misunderstandings and from factions just grabbing land right and left and making baseless claims, but this was waived off.

To be clear the Highborn are and will be expanding beside the Attolians into the Theater district. Unfortunately, I was not included in the recent party to clear out because my forces are spread out, but this was set into motion long ago.

Also, that needs to be addressed is a more organized system for when goods like slaves, livestock, goods come on to the market. I see a lot of grabby factions and it's irritating, but more so chaotic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back