• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

In case I don't get time here's the troops to add to the undead and cuthullu problems.

Undead theatre:
10 mercenaries
3 tyren warriors
2 shaman shul and Bruul

Fisher run:
1 skilled tyren healer
5 springborn healers
(The healers are staying out of the fighting and staying far back in the safer areas of the dwarf hold.)

General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch The tyren don't think their troops are suited to cave fighting but will send healers to be nearby when the fighting ends. What they know of the deep ones it sounds like the things living there are under control of the old aboleth. They seriously recommend seeing Anais the sage about what lives down there before going ahead or they might risk getting the attention of something bigger than the colony's prepared for.

Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion :

"Order: Find our neurotoxin that might work to kill or paralyze Cave Fish"

My good and beloved sir -- you might as well have wished for a pony. Without declaring experts, staff, and a means to an end -- you will not find your neurotoxin. You have ideas, but without personnel, leaders, and places to search your "order" much more resembles what I would call a "Wish" -- please find a Genie or appropriate artifact if you desire to wish for solutions to quandries. Otherwise, be more specific in your order... Your faction is catching up on it's own labor que and has additional tasks to accomplish -- but I will throw some meager dice to see if anybody has an epiphany -- I doubt there will be any ideas superior to that which you already put forth.

Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion

Clarification: A "Cave Fisher" is not a fish, but it is a name for a quasi crustacean creature that is most notable for it's hard ridged chitinous back-armor (which is actually a trans-flesh extension of their vertebrae) -- they can range in shallow water to vast caves -- and are actually called "Fishers" because they use one or more of their 4 facial tentacles commonly to "fish" for prey -- lesser animals examine the "vine-limbs" or stumble into them, to be snared and pulled to the beast, often situated safely in a cave far above the prey where it can be devoured in peace.

The Cavern in question is infested with the creatures, and there is a veritable forest of hanging tentacles where fishers have made home on ceiling stalactites and in caves along the walls... amoung the stalagmites on the floor, younger fishers (who are not large enough to compete for caves or burrows) range the ground but are nonetheless dangerous. At the far end of the cavern, firmly adhered to the cave wall, is the mother fisher -- which is seemingly between 100 and 200 feet long, approximately 15 stories high!

It's carapace faces the outside of the cavern, and while cracked with age, is meters thick. While potentially vulnerable from above and below, one would likely have to cross the cavern to get a good angle on the vulnerable face and rear. That is not to mention the four collossal tentacles which can extend for unguessable distances (they are fat as a carriage at their roots but seen reaching accross the cavern taper to about the width of a barrel. If they were to reach farther it is estimated that tapered to a rope-width they could reach down through the dwarven complex and grab victims on the BEACH OR PORT. (if it knew such a route existed)

Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion :

Lore check on Cave Fishers --

Very primitive creatures, have changed very little over millenia, and are common scavengers serving their own role in the ecosystem controlling other populations.

Their "Face" is mainly a cluster of compound eyes, which are both used (somewhat) to detect movement and size of objects, but also is a vital part of their sense of touch -- movement or disturbance on facets of their eyes give them rapid reaction (kind of like flies) to incoming threats... but they usually use surprise or overwhelming aggression to capture prey in their tentacles and either suffocate them or allow prey to exhaust itself struggling so it can feed at leisure.

While not true pack animals, cave fishers will respond to the struggles of other cave fishers, hoping to get a piece of a larger meal or a part of a pack or herd of creatures. The death of cave fishers is actually a trigger to attract more cave fishers -- which can lead to them swarming.

While relatively inactive, it can be easy for somebody careful to move past a cave fisher merely by not disturbing their eyes or tentacles.

For the curious, here are some pictures of Cave FIshers. The main thing to remember is Buggy legs, Crabby Claws, Fishing tentacles.

Cave Fisher.jpg Cave fisher 2.jpg

MORE TO COME:

The Highborn/Attolian Sloop Sets sail!

TWO war parties assemble for the caves and the Theater district respectively!

First progress on the Capitol building

More on Dwarves and Victorians!

-Beck <3

The Highborn are not attacking anything until a better plan is devised. A 15 story tall crab spider octopus thing that is not bothering anyone or anything should be left alone until a suitable means to poison it or kill it by other means.

The Highborn are not attacking anything until a better plan is devised. A 15 story tall crab spider octopus thing that is not bothering anyone or anything should be left alone until a suitable means to poison it or kill it by other means.
I would assume once all committed parties and troop counts are known and official we would all discuss our attack plan via pm

Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion : It is worth noting they are slowly infiltrating the stonework of the Firebeards, and the mother's tentacles are probing for the "Smell" of colonists.

That Reinen bomb might come in handy just about now. Just for reference. The Queen Mother in the Movies in Aliens was 15 feet tall and this creature is 15 stories tall. How big is this cavern?

Sizecomparisons.GIF

There is not much space above or below the creature... it's a pretty large void behind the cliff.... but not the only one! The vault of the crimson bat was similarly huge.

Huge green dragon:
Overall length: 55'
Body length: 17'
Neck length: 18'
Tail length: 20'
Body width: 8'
Standing height: 15'
Maximum wingspan: 60'
Minimum wingspan: 30'
Weight: 20,000 lbs

Thank you guys so much for all the responses. I dug out a Draconomicon and they say 20,000lbs or 10 US (short) tons. Which I just can't picture.

Apparently a Male African Elephant can weigh up to 15000 lbs, the females up to 8000lbs. So a huge Dragon weighs a third again the weight of the biggest elephant you've ever seen or two females.

Smaug's actual size is unknown, as it is never explicitly mentioned in the The Hobbit. In The Atlas of Middle-Earth by Karen Wynn Fonstad, Smaug is said to be about 20 meters (66 feet) in length. This measurement corresponds with drawings by Tolkien in which Smaug seems to be around 25 meters (82 feet).

Mentioned in the discord, but I am in the we smoke it out or burn it alive camp. Either we fill the cavern with smoke and let them suffocate or we can burn them alive. Cooked crab for all! But yea, I suggest we either use the black powder to turn them into smoke grenades/general explosives. Or we can make molotov cocktails.

Last edited:
I am thinking if we could capture a few smaller ones we can see what poisons work on them. Do they even need air to live? Do we know for sure that fire hurts them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back