• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

Wait.... did everyone agree to the indentured servant idea? I thought it was still up for debate, and that's why they just were sitting in the Attolian Housing District doing nothing.
I was not enthused with the idea. It seems like another word for slavery. Also, the duration of time seemed a bit long.

Before I post, has anyone actually produced physical evidence that the fennec committed the murder (beyond it being crossbows and shortblades) and I've just been a huge idiot and missed it?
The seer determined it was the Fennec. The Highborn Mage scried the crates and know the Fennec were hidden in the crate. If need be and if willing the Tyren Shul can speak to the spirits of the dead coppersmith and that can also serve as witness. However, from the Highborn perspective, a seer and the mages testimony combined with the the physical evidence, the appearance of the Fennec and the known rivalry of the Coppersmiths and the Fennec are enough proof for them.

Right, so I'm confused as to how they are now considered to be indentured servants of the Colony...
I guess the Attolians have sway. I would have to find the initial post to see what was written. When we discussed it initially, I envisioned them being more as employees of the colony, but I suppose the way I imagined them was not so way off from being indentured servants. How long did you see them being indentured servants?

understood. Just wanted to make sure you caught it -- I was afraid you might have thought I disregarded!

Oh no! No I'm... I'm super scared of those robots. How many is in their group actually? Just so I don't have Prisha go "Ah there's only three we can take them!" when there's actually 25 or something.

Who is more sneaky? Fennec, or ratkin?

Both seem like stealth orientated factions :P

But Fennec small, 3-4ft BEST SNEAKK

Sorry to have been so absent, but holy bajeebus ya'll have been busy in the main story. I'm not even sure I'll be able to catch up properly before I go out on patrol again in two months. :P

Spacekitty Spacekitty
Also that's about the same size as ratkin. So yes, ratkins are best sneak. >: )

KamiKahzy KamiKahzy :

If you need a synopsis let me know what the last things you remember are. In your absence I've basically played it that the ratkin have used their time making kickass burrows for themselves (that nobody seems to know exactly where they are) they have helped the attolians by reporting when they find mineral deposits, so the Attolians dig them up and you keep expanding -- and the central part of your holdfast is beneath a large iron deposit which affords you some level of protection, but also can be used to conduct noise and allow you to listen around the heart of your burrows.. you can tell what's walking above and read movement inside the burrow well if it's not your own.

Beyond that, I imagined one of the reasons they got very reclusive was a rare physiological event called "a musking" -- Related to phermones, ratkin (very rarely in the old world) go into massive storms of breeding when they know there are not many ratkin around -- it's a survival mechanism that has done very well for them as a species that lives under almost everyone. This might have a positive impact on manpower next spring -- but for now the burrows are full of pups. :D

Beckoncall Beckoncall

Glad to see you again my friend!

And yes, that's about what I was missing. I saw the new map and I was like "well where are my ratties?", but now I understand that thought process behind it. I'll be reading up on the story myself when I get some time so I'll post something soonish after I've gotten resettled.

The only thing I would like to know right now is what happened with the Mud-Elf witch that we captured. Was she killed, or was she interrogated for information about the upcoming Cull?

Sorry to have been so absent, but holy bajeebus ya'll have been busy in the main story. I'm not even sure I'll be able to catch up properly before I go out on patrol again in two months. :P
Leaving so soon? :< We havent even properly met yet!
Spacekitty Spacekitty
Also that's about the same size as ratkin. So yes, ratkins are best sneak. >: )
This is a lie. Fennecs are supreme sneaks AND burrowers

... Attribute wise the Ratkin and Fennecs are not too different it seems. A proper comparison is in order. ONLY ONE SNEAK WILL REIGN SUPREME! (/jk lol ;p)

Beckoncall Beckoncall

Glad to see you again my friend!

And yes, that's about what I was missing. I saw the new map and I was like "well where are my ratties?", but now I understand that thought process behind it. I'll be reading up on the story myself when I get some time so I'll post something soonish after I've gotten resettled.

The only thing I would like to know right now is what happened with the Mud-Elf witch that we captured. Was she killed, or was she interrogated for information about the upcoming Cull?
Join the chat ratty

https://discord.gg/RfTfX3e

KamiKahzy KamiKahzy

The regular mud elves were interrogated and released as their numerous escape attempts (or rather the ill tolerance of the house elite that watched them) lead to their dwindling in number -- they were released into the hands of the Gnolls... not freed to cause havoc.

The Witch, either because of the shifting issues of running a government or dark misdirecting sorceries, was never interrogated. When security on her prison became too strong for her to hope to evade capture -- she stored all the power she could, and DETONATED HERSELF in the Highborn Quarter where she was held, it was a miracle only two casualties were sustained in her vengeful martyrdom. The Prince swore he ordered her interrogated and killed -- there was little doubt the witches misdirection had bought her the time to slay herself, despite her wards, to keep from talking.

That said, if you find where the Mud-elf prisoners are interrogated, the grains of truth, be there any, might be valuable.

As a side note -- We are presently in Fall of year 1 -- we jumped forward one season to give people a chance for numerous tasks to get accomplished. If you want to talk to me about stuff ratkin would have been up to (besides orgiastic phermone-induced-bacchanalia) we can discuss it.

For now All I'd like from you is to pick a square on the map that is the heart of your underground, and 2-3 exits that are 2-3 squares away. As long as it is not in the Platz (where Aymarans would eat ratkin or at least attempt to frequently) we should be cool to put you there. You may get a bonus for being close to attolians though, because in your absence your factions colluded.

PS:

It is known now that there were four witches, the wives of the horned one. One rejected the title and became the horrible ghost-witch of the wisp-woods -- and her spirit was laid to rest, most violently, by the new germanic "Reinen" faction @Tori_98 and the Seer Cassandra of the Attolians. With the captured witch killing herself, that leaves two wives of the horned one -- two more deadly witches, leading the mud elves ... and there are rumors of a hideous "brood matriarch" -- the sullier of the blood of men and elves, and the first wife of the horned one.

Is the trouble I caused worthy of note?

I think you should be quite satisfied with the level of attention you've received for your shenanigans. I am sure it will be learned of in time.

KamiKahzy KamiKahzy -- meet the finecians Spacekitty Spacekitty ... they are either here to make an unsteady symbiosis with the colony, or to get themselves wiped out by it for committing mischief. My money is on the latter. <3

Oh no! No I'm... I'm super scared of those robots. How many is in their group actually? Just so I don't have Prisha go "Ah there's only three we can take them!" when there's actually 25 or something.

The "Regiment" is two ranks of 10 automatons (20 total). Although they seem cheerful, and not threatening, when the leader speaks "Destruction awaits"... a most uncertain and precarious encounter, but they do not appear hostile, but very curious.

The "Regiment" is two ranks of 10 automatons (20 total). Although they seem cheerful, and not threatening, when the leader speaks "Destruction awaits"... a most uncertain and precarious encounter, but they do not appear hostile, but very curious.
I want to kill the Automatons

After the cull I demand we kill them

I think you should be quite satisfied with the level of attention you've received for your shenanigans. I am sure it will be learned of in time.

KamiKahzy KamiKahzy -- meet the finecians Spacekitty Spacekitty ... they are either here to make an unsteady symbiosis with the colony, or to get themselves wiped out by it for committing mischief. My money is on the latter. <3
Either way, my lasting impact will be grand! I shall exist forever, immortal in the history books!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back