• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

It depends on the shape. Simple shapes, then yes. Otherwise... probably want to find someone else. I think Khan Academy has a decent video on it though.

Beck is always considering applications, he will talk with you and discuss your application. Go to the first page of the thread and complete part one of the application in pm to him. general ostruppen general ostruppen , his username is Beckoncall Beckoncall . I will find you the link. One moment. Welcome!

Spacekitty Spacekitty :

While I am sure your post is appreciated in the spirit of fun, please refrain from "Sock Puppeting" other players troops, like the highborn -- if you take aggressive measures against another players troops, YOU will not decide a happy bloodless outcome, and in fact the idea that Assaulted highborn would not totally ventilate their aggressors is somewhat laughable. When you attack another faction, even in jest -- expect that the next time dice will be rolled, and casualties will be calculated.

Proclaiming your enemies "miss" during your post will be very cold comfort when I edit the next instance of this to say they die where they stand.

Taking a pass on it this time because I know it was in good spirit, but the highborn are not likely to appreciate being the butt of your comedy.

-Beck <3

Spacekitty Spacekitty :

While I am sure your post is appreciated in the spirit of fun, please refrain from "Sock Puppeting" other players troops, like the highborn -- if you take aggressive measures against another players troops, YOU will not decide a happy bloodless outcome, and in fact the idea that Assaulted highborn would not totally ventilate their aggressors is somewhat laughable. When you attack another faction, even in jest -- expect that the next time dice will be rolled, and casualties will be calculated.

Proclaiming your enemies "miss" during your post will be very cold comfort when I edit the next instance of this to say they die where they stand.

Taking a pass on it this time because I know it was in good spirit, but the highborn are not likely to appreciate being the butt of your comedy.

-Beck <3
ah, yes, my humblest apologies.

<3

I had a laugh -- I just don't want too many laughs at another player's expense... unless they have a chance to retort. :D

-Beck
Haha, glad it at least achieved my aim! Despite the fact it broke le proper to etiquette. And I laughed at the "sock puppeting reference hehe".

And they are free to respond! But I must warn them... It is a war they cannot win...

<3
But yes, Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon I apologise for puppeteering, but alas it was all for some laughs and has no real effect on anything.

Everyone Everyone :

Hey guys! Any orders you don't think I've processed?

Here are some questions I have for colony, or news:

1) If you want cargo sent back to old world, or any kind of contact with your people at home, give it to the Highborn/Attolians.

2) Much has been learned about the nature of the Cull and the defenses of the mud elves. Prepare for conflict.

3) Creating a LABOR pool of everyone who is not an official faction -- or already serving in some capacity -- you can leverage these workers by using influence or wealth. Presently the collective labor consists of:

50 Exiles (give or take)
50 Aymarans (give or take)
50 Thralls
50 Kobolds

influenced used basically means compelling arguments with the government to get the labor you need for nominal (negligable) cost. Paying wealth is direct wages to workers, and will eventually end up in market.

That labour pool part was the intent behind my influence action by offering them homes in exchange for working locally.

Is there any way to add them to our permanent population over time or can we only leverage them for projects like we've been doing so far?

I think legally, they're still in our custody (the colonial government). Thus, they're detained and living in a limbo state. Unsure if they will be free, slaves, or killed until we decide what the decision is. Thus, they're kind of prisoners, but housed in the Attolian Housing District.

Last edited:
Yeah I still need to respond to that. So much going on these days! I'm not sure if I'll be able to do a proper post this weekend so in case I hold anyone up:

The tyren are fine with the idea for the "slaves". From the slavers they took the term indentured servant to be a fancy word for slave but after looking at the conditions and rules set out it isn't too different to some of their own ways of handling crimes and disputes in the caravans. Though 10 years seems pretty rough, maybe bring that down some.

They'd also say the platz is a good place for the bank and put their support behind it. They'll put some wealth in when money is less tight.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon is exactly right -- if the "Freedmen" were free to go and make own decisions, they'd be running each other over to move to harun'taras -- as it is, they basically have the mind that the Tyren are the preferred people to deal with and have sympathies for their apparent more lenient views... but they're still not allowed to move.

SpiralErrant SpiralErrant will likely get better work product out of the kobolds and thralls on the pretense that currying tyren favor may speed their freedom, and is the result of influence. This influence also permeates the social fabric as a whole and makes the Tyren look better, and spread their cultural ideals.

While the dominant language after common is generally Attolian, many complexities are navigated using desert-trade-caravan lingo and slang... germinated from the Tyren. Common greetings and formal behavior to strangers is almost universally attolian, but hospitality mores have also been adapted by the common populace from the Tyren. Some of the more affluent humans have taken to meditation... I could go on and on about the melting pot -- but the main crux is Attolian values and formalities do a lot to keep things smooth, but Tyren colloquials take root inside the home.

If the freedmen were able, many would have answered the call. Nonetheless, influence spent always matters... and if that is not felt it can be discussed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back