• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beastars Chapter One: Two of a Kind

Ellensouler

Illuminated were those eyes, glowing were those eyes. They both peered up at the harvest moon, that orb surrounded by the cold thickness of a sanguine colored outer space, the same cold and dark colored eyes that stared back at that icy rock above. "Don't give me that look moon..." Legoshi sighed under his breath with a single paw under his chin and eyelids that weighed a thousand pounds each. He was up all night, for weeks now he thought of that night under the same moon and that rabbit that was under his arms. With a chilled breath a cloud escaped his mouth and dissipated into the night as he closed his eyes to rest for a moment. He wasn't resting alone.

A single ear on his head shifted to a noise behind him followed by a light gasp, "Go to sleep Jack, you'll fail that test tomorrow," Legoshi mocked his friend who seemed to be shifting in his sleep, a light smile on the wolf's face as he quickly snapped his attention to another sound. "Legoshi....Legoshi..." a light voice laughed from outside. With eyes wide with fear the wolf slightly shook, he glared back into the moon with it's distorted shape. The craters turned to the same cold and icy eyes Legoshi had as a wicked smile formed on the surface. "L-leave me alone!" he yelled as the face only glared back and with a shiver Legoshi froze. He could feel a dark muzzle slowly rest on his shoulder, he dared not look back.

"Beautiful isn't it? You know next week is a blood moon right? Oh how you will finally taste her flesh Legoshi. That moment when you tore her hand open and smelled that fresh, warm blood..."

"S-stop it...stop..." the carnivore closed his eyes and clenched his paws into fists.

And like that the voice that tormented him subsided. He took a sigh of relief and rested his back against his bed, paws cradled into his muzzle. He slowly opened his eyes,

"YOU WILL BE MINE~!" a shadow darted towards him as he screamed, hitting his head on the top of his bed as his ears blazed with the ringing sound of a alarm clock that had been going off for hours now. With a swift reaction his large hand slapped the buzzer, utterly destroying it and leaving the once annoying alarm into pieces. Legoshi covered his mouth in shame with both paws, he was so strong.

"Oops..." Legoshi blushed as he glared at what was left of his actions. Then it hit him.

"Oh crap i'm late! I'm never late!" the wolf stood up as fast as he could, grabbing a pair of pants and not bothering to take his pj's off first before slipping them on. "Louis is going to kill me! The other predators are going to laugh, why didn't anyone wake me!" he growled at the frustration of trying to get his pants on. Next came his shirt, put on backwards awkwardly as he grabbed his bag and stumbled over a pillow. He was too tired to think, to care even. He fell forward once again, this time his backpack falling off. Turning around to pick it up and hold it to his chest he walked backwards and felt his tall figure completely and totally bulldoze something behind him, someone.

"Oop!" the wolf made his signature gasp as he slowly turned his head with his bag in his arms, his cheeks beat red as he looked down at a Mongoose down for the count.

Upon the constellations, the lunar rock peered over the planet, herbivores and carnivores alike. It stalked those who were hungry. Hungry for their desires to be fulfilled. Hungry for meat...hungry to break the law and get a first taste of flesh and blood alike. The moon seemed to breathe down the necks of carnivorous beasts, impulsing them to succumb to the demons that plagued their soul, drooling for the chance to crush some necks beneath their jaws. But so far, it's a fantasy none could fulfill, no matter how hard they could try. One could go as far before the world caught onto their actions, and be rightfully be condemned, maybe sometimes killed because of it.

From the moon itself spawned another phantom; a demon if you will, creeping around the dorms of the smaller members of the Mustelidea; tiny carnivores that coukd fill up a room with twice as many people per room. This allowed for a more social environment but certainly one student wasn't adjusted to the school or community. A new member to the alumni to Cherryton Academy rested within one of these dorms, that being a ferret who traveled in from a nearby prefecture to this prestigious high school. He went by the name Ebisu, a long yet short stacked mustelid covered with white fur layered below brown highlights on his hands and feet, as well as serving as the foundation for his natural mask. He had much to prove on campus; intelligence, talents as well if he was oozing with charisma. But so did the demon that stalked him, way more subtly than the one that haunted Legoshi, a third year grey wolf. Taking the form of a purple haze whose semblance matched that of his species, the ghoul scratched a claw over the length of his neck scruff, all the way to the chin.

"Don't worry, someday blood and flesh will be your fancy, and now is the time to put you onto the path you'll wade onto this goal...."

Then the figure dissipated into a stream of dust, a gust of wind pushing the entity onto
Ebisu's conscience and mind, a time bomb ready to set off at any moment starting today. It wasn't until morning where the ferret could feel a slight irritation in his chin and neck, with a single red mark hidden beneath his fur. He figured it was nothing, probably just a sleep reflex if he felt itchy.

"Mmnnh....I shouldn't be that late today, but the alarm didn't sound..." He muttered out in a groggy tone, the room completely vacated save for a few weasels and a badger who had classrooms at walking distance. Ebisu stared at himself in the window, looking at how messed up his coat of fur was, and the exhaustion printed over his teal gaze.

Figuring he was early enough to prepare and head off to gather with his new community and eat some breakfast, Ebi took his time getting ready. In the span of around half an hour, the ferret calmly showered, brushed his sharp teeth and hung over a small bag over his newly minted uniform. With a whim and some time to spare, at least in his mind, the ferret headed out to the hallway of his section, making his way down to the main hall.

For a moment, he was distracted taking in the feeling of starting a new. It didn't feel good, but at least it was a better academy than the one he attended. Much nicer in appearance and welcoming. That is until, Ebisu turned around, a large heavy bag toppling over his balance and consciousness. Since it was a larger carnivore, no wonder he went out with ease. Ebisu could do nothing else but groan in pain.

"..Nnghh...."

Legoshi's face was nothing but awkward as he closed his eyes tightly and crinkled his expression upon his muzzle, a few of his sharp teeth poking out while his hands slowly curled inward, arms lifted to his chest. He was afraid to look, no he couldn't look, "who did I knock over??! What if it's a herbivore? Oh no that would be awful!" the wolf slowly opened one eye as students around him started to mutter, "Okay Legoshi....just...slowly turn around...and..." the large lupus with a massive blush upon his creamy blue and tan face turned around, all he did was mummer sounds from his throat that were signs that he was extremely embarrassed. He scratched his face with a single claw, not knowing how to respond at first.

But with quick response the towering wolf hunched his back over, reaching out his hand, "I'm sorry...may I help you up...?" he asked sheepishly, just then his ears shot up and his expression surprised once her heard a small carnivore yell, "Someone knocked over Ebisu! Look!" Just then Legoshi's face went beat red, his blood started to boil.

Another voice reverberated in the crowded hall, "Wait, is that Legoshi? That third year student wolf?!" once again Legoshi's expression changed, his ears lowering now.

Then one final echo,
"Legoshi beat up the new kid! He beat up Ebisu!" and just like that the wolf covered his face with both paws and shook his head, "no no...not again, you almost picked a fight last week in the cafeteria."

Before he could lift a finger to object or help out the fallen animal the students started to chant, "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

"What! No! No no no! I don't want to fight him!"

"Beat someones ass for once Legoshi!" his fennec fox friend called out.

A groan expelled out of the ferret's muzzle. His sight was blacked out at worst, and couldn't move a single muscle due to how winded his entire being felt after a bag swung him down to the hall floor. Mustering up a bit of strength, Ebisu dug a claw onto the carpeted floor as deep as a ferret could, using one arm to slowly pull himself back up. By the time Legoshi, who slowly turned over to peek at his mistake, looked over, the weasel was practically already at his knees. But even standing tall couldn't save the small carnivore from the immediate intimidation that towered above himself. A large 7 foot tall wolf whose shadow lurked over Ebisu. Terror was the first emotion felt, but it was followed by reassurance once a light shined down on his face, opening a curtain to what was his signature calm and shy nature. More so when the canid offered a hand to raise himself up, though he could easily fit onto the length of Legoshi's arm.

"Thanks. Umm.....hi."

The ferret's gesture to try and introduce himself was interrupted soon by dozens of other animal students, herbivores and carnivores alike, hoarding the halls with the idea of a fight in mind. While carnivores craved meat, and herbivores simply fed off crops and grass, there was no doubt they had a common desire; two or more students punching their brains out. Ebisu's fur spiked up with the interruption, leaving his nerves on high alert. Not a good start to the day.

The murmurs piled up, a whisper feeding off the wishes of others erupting into an all too familiar chant of "FIGHT!".

"Just like Gunma....okay, enough of this."

The two carnivores stood in between a circle, or a wall of other students, probably in place to withhold exiting to guarantee themselves a brawl. That was, until Ebisu calmed his nerves down and treated the all too familiar scenario to him in accordance. He roared, filling the room with the same nerves he felt with the alumni piling on him and Legoshi as well. Ebi might've been small but his voice grew louder through the years.

"ENOUGH! Look, I don't know who you are, but I'm sure you didn't mean to topple me over. I'm not going to fight you at all, because I think you are a nice person. And as for everyone else....get going to class!"

For a moment Legoshi saw much of himself in that small animal, Ebisu's smaller eyes looked up, his softer voice when he said, "Thanks...ummm, hi." The large wolf could see a reflection of his awkward nature in a fellow student, his shy demeanor that didn't match his powerful, tall and imposing image of the grey wolf that he was. But this moment was quickly cut off when the students started yelling, Legoshi's face reverting to a look of surprise as he held both of his paws up, still trying to convince his fellow classmates he didn't want to scrap with a tiny animal, he knew in his heart if he gave into his violent, predatory instincts, that will to tear someone apart, that the small ferret would be nothing left but the pelt on his back and a few left over bloody teeth. At the same time Legoshi knew he would be ridiculed forever if he backed down from a fight he'd easily win. He ran scenarios in his head of his class mates making fun of him daily, saying things like, "Look! There's the wolf who can't even beat up a ferret!"

"What a loser!" and thoughts that other carnivores would see him as weak and beat him up for fun. But deep down, Legoshi was used to it, he didn't care but he just wanted people to see that your strength should come from your words, not your teeth.

"P-please I said I don't want to-" the wolf paused for a moment and turned to Ebisu, his deep eyes observing. "Is he standing up for me..? Wait, was his voice THAT loud???" the wolf seemed taken back by the smaller animals powerful presence.

Immediately the herbivores in the room stopped chanting in unison, they too seemed uncomfortable from how loud Ebisu was. Some of the smaller herbivores even huddled up and hid behind the larger ones. The carnivores however; didn't care. The love of the fight boiled like a steaming pot in their blood.

"Boo! I'll fight you myself if I don't see one of you throw a punch in a minute!" a hyena yelled out. "You know what? Screw this I want to see blood!"

And with that the African dog dove at Ebisu, rearing back his claws to cut apart the ferret's fragile pelt. Legoshi reacted with haste and went to grab the hyena's fist, only to slowly look down and up, his own long arm still extended to stop the violence.

"Louis?..." the wolf stood up slowly to his full height and scratched his head, all of the other animals went silent while the hyena started to sweat, not daring to look behind at the deer who caught his arm.

"Starting another fight again are we Legoshi? You have been a bad wolf haven't you..." the deer smiled after speaking to the wolf and slowly moved his muzzle forward to look at the hyena's face.

"And as for you, you should be ashamed taking out those furious carnivore instincts on someone smaller and weaker than you...pity" the deer smiled only to slowly frown after which only made the hyena more nervous.

Last edited:
An invisible chain seemed to bind the two together in terms of their nature to not bear an ill will; calm, collected and most of all silent. But Ebisu was more concerned with the looks on Legoshi's face once the crowd size started to pile up, dozens more animals double, maybe even triple or quadruple his stature that blockaded the two students who only just bumped into each other. Ebisu flushed out the crowd noise though, being acostumed to not even bothering to pay attention to fights due to how often they happened at his old school. This allowed him to hear the first student call the gentle giant out for not even daring to lay a hand on him. Then another, turning back into the loud murmurs he was all too familiar with. He HAD to speak up.

After letting out an incredible shout, Ebisu planned to get back onto business as usual. He just lost 20 minutes of breakfast and probably some early class time as well, so his week was not off to a good start. As Ebisu started to walk off, something felt off, like someone in the group just locked onto him comparable to a missile just before being launched. The tense sensation bothered the ferret, who glanced from side to side in paranoia, looking for whoever was laying eyes down on him. Is this how prey felt? Being watched until eventually you got mauled to death for your meat and bones? Maybe the weasel was getting ahead of himself, until....

A wild thud blasted across the room, the culprit's arm being caught red handed in the heinous act with claws fully sharpened with Ebisu's name written all over. The hyena was the one who attacked the ferret. Enraged, Ebisu went into a verbal tirade, his back turned against his assailant so he wouldn't see how rabid his expression got while ranting.

"Wh-what...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Did I ever do anything to you? No! You only wanted to pick a...fight...with me..."

The weasel's blind rage subsided once Ebisu realized who was grabbing onto the forearm of said culprit. His ears perked up at the first listen to the name, familiar with it upon arrival.

"Louis..."

Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed before things could get worse, especially with herbivores in the surrounding area. But Ebisu felt a sort of nervousness; he'd never seen Louis so far even being the talk of the entire school since the moment he stepped foot on campus. There was a bit of tension to turn his head around and finally see who he was for the mustelid. Inch by inch, Ebisu saw the facial details and signature antlers of the deer. He had no words, partly due to nerves and worried how he might react to a new student.

w
"Must I prevent every single conflict in this school..." Louis sighed and used his free hand to place upon his brow and close his eyes, the simple movement alone, his long and skinny body; that pose, it drove the females in the crowed wild.

"It's Louis!"

"It's that stunning drama deer!" another called out, hell, even some of the boy's were head over heels for a man that sharp.

When the deer's attention reached Legoshi the wolf snapped to attention, realizing he was looking at Louis for quite some time, he didn't want the second time the deer saved his sorry hide to be as embarrassing as the last, the tall wolf answered quickly, but started to fiddle with his fingers while speaking, "N-no Louis I swear I'm a good wolf!" he blurted out. This only caused many of the animals to start laughing at Legoshi's extremely tame reply, as if the deer held ownership of the large predator. With a groan Legoshi dragged a palm over his face, a blush scarlet upon his cheeks, "Why did you say that? You made it sound weird..." he huffed as the rest of his fingers dragged down his facial features one after the other.

"Nnnn! Let go of me! I don't need some herbivore telling me what to do!" the hyena shifty yanked his arm back, rubbing his elbow, Louis didn't seem to be amused.

"Oh? Then I suppose the board of education will, it would be a shame to see someone such as yourself lose all of our five star academic amenities..." Louis smiled as the hyena gasped.

"You woul-"

"Oh I would..." the herbivore looked sharply into his eyes. "and to think you were about to attack Cherry's most prestigious new student, he's even more popular than me where he comes from you know..." his voice remained stern.

"P-prestigious...EVEN more popular!" the wild-dog looked down at the ferret in mild fear.

That's right, let it be known Esibu is of the highest merit at this school for his grades, family association and accomplishment. Any harm done to him will be rewarded with shift expulsion... remember everyone, to come together at school we must put aside our differences. Punching each other doesn't earn civility or higher averages on our report cards does it?" Louis turned in a circle looking at everyone who seemed to hand their heads in shame, others in shock at Ebisu's status and some whispering as they walked away about how cute Ebisu was because of his sudden popularity. "Now please, attend any matters you have at once." he sighed with his eyes closed, hearing them all disperse while the hyena grumbled to himself as he walked away.

"Ugh, what a mouth full, are you okay Ebisu?" the deer put a much larger hand on the ferret's shoulder, so much larger in fact, the small carnivore was nothing compared to his size, let alone Legoshi's.

"As for you Legoshi...you should feel ashamed. Without a stage hand for the lights we had to replace you. I do have a punishment in mind," he smiled as Legoshi sighed and nodded.

"I understand, I woke up late is all," the wolf said softly as he observed his giant hands that crushed his alarm clock this morning, those hands and nails, how he detested them.

"Excuses get you no where in life Legoshi, now come rehearsal started twenty minutes ago..."

"Yes, Louis," the wolf respectively responded as he followed the deer, giving a glance back at the ferret and giving him a small wave.

Last edited:
Ebi wasn't as amused by the school heart throb's every single move like the rest of the crowd, but the ferret had utmost respect for what he did and what he stood for. Ebisu just paid attention to what the deer had to say about the situation at hand, standing next to the wolf's leg.

While Legoshi spoke, Ebisu kept silent until the wolf mentioned that he was a good wolf. For a split second, the ferret could feel the embarrassment flow across the room as the surrounding crowd started to chuckle at the passing comment.

"G-good wolf? Man you're really making yourself a target here..." Was all that Ebisu could think. He felt kind of sorry and embarrassed for Legoshi; a canine caught at the wrong place at the wrong time.

The ferret's attention turned to the hyena trying to free himself from the deer's grasp, but surprisingly Louis had a stronger grip than the usual carnivore of equal size and build. It wasn't surprising to him how easy it was to get someone into trouble being of a higher respect on campus. In one swift motion, without anyone able to blink, a rowdy member of the alumni could be easily expelled by the board once someone who is in well regards brings it up. Ebisu has found himself on the dealing end of it most, if not all the time back in Gunma.

Louis proceeded to remind Ebisu why he came here. He was as good as the buck himself; high grades, high standings at the school and popularity to boot. The icing on cake was his lineage, more importantly his father, as Ebisu was the son of the current Beastar.

Once everyone scattered back onto their classes, he felt a large hand tower over his shoulder, so large it basically pushed against his cheek. He looked Louis in the eye as he answered the deer's question.

"Yeah, didn't get to eat breakfast though so that's a big shame. That hyena almost got me with his claws too..."

The ferret's ears perked up while Legoshi was being scolded by Louis for not arriving to drama class. Ebisu felt...curious. Drama club was a thing back at his school but they didn't do much compared to the high grade of acting and overall performance Cherryton had. Maybe he could join?

At the end of their exchange, just after the two started to walk off to the theater, Ebisu called out the star actor.

"H-hey! Is there a spot in drama club..? I want to join in..."

Louis put his arms behind his back as he walked away, the hunched over wolf following him while he kept his head as low as possible, his brown back pack slung over one of his mountain-like shoulders, "next time that hyena will have you for breakfast...do be more aware Ebisu..." the deer closed his eyes and sighed, shaking his head at the recent events that transpired. Legoshi used a free arm to put it around Louis's back and make sure the deer didn't run into anything while his eyes were close, however; his eyes didn't stay closed for long.

"H-hey! Is there a spot in drama club..? I want to join in..."

Those words made the red deer's eyes snap open, he came to a complete halt to the point where his pristine, fake leather shoes squeaked loudly on the wooden flooring. He looked downward to see that he even left a scuff on the floor.

"Actually Louis, we do need a-"

"Shut....up..." his eyes slowly turned to the wolf without Louis having to turn his head, this only made the wolf straighten his poster out and gulp,

"Louis would make an intimidating predator...sometimes I think he's a wolf in sheep's clothing..." the canine thought to himself as he minded his own business.

"Damn it..." he rubbed his temples and kept one eye open, putting a single hand to his cheek and looking back into the eyes of the small ferret, "Competition...and the kind I don't want..." Louis gave Ebisu the most fake smile he could. "You and many others want to join yes, but our last spots were filled unfortunately. Shame.." he lowered his smile and started to sweat when he heard Legoshi blabber mouth, "Actually Louis..." he raised a single hand and pointed a finger to the ceiling as he made his statement, Louis's heart fell into his stomach.

"You...did say we have three spots open. I think Ebisu would be perfect.....for...mmm..." the wolf closed his lips as the deer glared into Legoshi's soul.

"Right...how could I have forgotten Legoshi. THANK YOU for correcting me..." the deer's hands closed into fists as he lowered his head in thought; Legoshi turned his head with a blush and started to whistle and look away as if he had said nothing at all.

"How could I lie like that? Louis, an upcoming Beastar lying? I should be ashamed..." he thought to himself with a blush upon his face and a deep weight of guilt upon his shoulders, he even thought of punishing himself later behind closed doors. With that thought he corrected his posture and faced the other renown student.

"You heard the wolf...apparently we have three positions available, That is of course you can prove yourself.." he turned to the ferret and walked forward, towering over him.

The mustelid felt a warm, welcoming vibe from the deer, especially after he just talked to Ebisu following the hyena's attempted strike on him. He stayed back, anticipating a normal return to class but just before he could take the opposite direction of the hallway, he asked if the drama club was open, for either actors or stage hands. Ebisu was expecting a warm welcome to the prestigious group.

For a moment, all kept silent. It should've been an easy yes for someone like him, but instead what seemed to be a guaranteed opening turned into a theoretical power struggle; if Ebisu were to join, there was no telling who would be the most popular, Ebi or Louis, and it seemed. Ebisu tried to get the conversation rolling back on track awkwardly.

"Uhmm...hello?"

The simple exchange between Legoshi and Louis made Ebisu ask himself in his head

"Why...? Why would he react that way after just reassuring me after a hyena almost went wild on my skin?"

Ebisu stared back at the deer's gaze with his teal green eyes, that fake smile in full view. The ferret put his paws into his pockets as he listened to Louis, disappointed and a bit distraught that the club was closed for entrants. Oh well, maybe next year or whenever they were open. With his question answered, albeit not the outcome he expected, Ebisu turned over to the other end of the hallway, taking a few steps. It was odd that he noticed a bit of sweat falling off the deer's brown mane, though.

"Actually Louis..."

The ferret stopped. Nothing could be heard across the hallway except the tone of the gentle wolf's voice. Ebi was flat out lied to, no less by a favorite to the spot of Beastar, the one his father held. He felt insulted to some degree, but he understood why. He responded to the wolf's new information.

"Oh, so there IS a spot open? Don't worry if you get confused, it happens to the best of us. But I would love to sign up, if you guys can after class. Maybe we could set sometime after?"

Ebisu kept his cool but deep down he was slightly mad at Louis for lying to him. He waited for an answer, looking at the time on the wall hoping it was still okay to enter class on time.

"Then it's settled. I'll meet up just after the last class for a try out, sound good for both of you, or do you want an earlier arrival?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Those words, that humiliating tone of voice the small albino ferret had clawed inside of the red deer's ears like the talons of an eagle. How dare another student act as though joining the drama club was some kind of easy task like putting on a pair of shoes, or making one's bed in the morning. "He thinks he can just join the drama club...just like that..." Louis's gaze shifted towards the ferret, both students pupils meeting as Legoshi had begun to speak, "well, we usually do practice at five...sometimes eight.." he said while moving his hands back and forth; Legoshi was a hand and paw talker.

"Since you're new I guess we co-" and just like the proud deer pushed the taller wolf aside with a palm to Legoshi's chest, almost knocking him over, "I want him to try out now..." With a gasp the wolf caught himself as he back pack's weight almost assisted in knocking him over, "d-did he just push me? Wow.." the wolf slowly stood up and held his backpack over his shoulder, a dumbfounded but calm demeanor to his face, "sometimes I forget how angry Louis can get..." he said under his breath.

"Now...you're trying out right now..." the deer lowered himself to his knee to be the same height as the ferret, his words sudden and not premeditated.

"If you want to prove yourself you are skipping class and joining right now.." he lowered his brow and put a hand on Ebisu's smaller shoulder, Legoshi however; stood there in awe. He didn't want to intervene.

Before Ebisu could even even respond Louis answered for him,
"great then it's settled...you'll be playing the role Guile, the most hated character within the story, some would say one of the hardest to play..." his eyes narrowed as his words became a onslaught of emotion, "he is known as the snake, the tricksters, the slayer of Adler's closest friend. His role is second to Adler in terms of grace, raw emotion and execution, after all, someone as prestigious as you should be a natural..." were Louis's final words as he stood up and walked away almost stomping his feet. He grabbed Legoshi by the arm and tugged him, "come on beast, your going to make me tarty.."

"W-whoa hey! Louis!" Legoshi lost his footing and fell down to the ground with a loud thug, only to rub his head and gather his books that spilled out. Not for a second did the canine question Louis or even challenge him, he just hunched over again and ran to keep up.

Ebisu stared Louis right in the eye with a piercing glare, his arms crossed right in front of him. His previous comments were of a more discreet jab at his bluff, but now the ferret was showcasing his true feelings about being lied to. He slowly walked up to the pair, lowering his arms and putting them back on his pocket, his head pointing upwards more and more until he found himself right in front of the soles of the deer's shoes, attention shifted towards Legoshi.

"So is five okay for you both?"

He turned over to see the deer knelt over at his eye level surprised at Louis' suggestion for a try out. It was not an invitation but a challenge and test of worth; follow the schedule or go along with Louis to join into drama club. It was up to him to decide, though the ferret had a few choice thoughts before considering the offer, eyes widened gritting his teeth.

"What?! Is this guy serious or insane? I see what he's doing...trying to keep me out of drama club....we'll then, I'll show you high acting caliber!"

"Alright then, I'll go-"

Is all that came out of the ferret's muzzle, the deer interrupting his response, Louis filling in the role of Ebisu to answer that question. It was appropriate the role of Guile was to be given to the up and comer. Ebisu has heard about the play Adler before but not in such detail described by the star actor of Cherryton, who seemed to be an open textbook of anything theater related. In a sense, the rivarly was established both on stage and off, their roles sharing a real life counterpart facing off in the school. It was a matter of time to see who would rise up to the peak of popularity in drama club, should Ebisu gain entry at this time. Ebi paid close attention to Louis and his final statement.

"...someone prestigious as you should be a natural."

This comment infused the mustelid with the desire and determination to perfect the role for the opening play. It was settled; he was going to do it and upstage the deer in terms of talent and popularity. There was no turning back. He trailed behind Louis, who was stomping his feet before eventually dragging the calm wolf off into an impromptu try-out. The ferret swerved to the side avoiding the books, staying behind the deer's trail.

"Where is this try out going to happen then, Louis?"

With a clack from his boots Louis walked with indignation in each step as his furious brow marked the image of a pissed off deer. His fists were tight in his hands as he kept pace with the smaller animal while Legoshi trailed behind, "H-hey wait up!" the wolf yelled out with a shallow breath as he huffed from standing up, dragging his book-bag behind him with a face that held an expression of urgency. "Iv'e never seen Louis so determined before...he seems like he's going to war.." Legoshi's eyes shifted towards the pair of students as he walked besides them, taller now than before since he was so distracted in watching how this would all play out.

When the deer and ferret were close to the drama club doors Legoshi went to open them, but was met with Louis walking even faster, his presence alone was that of pure intimidation, "he didn't back down, he followed me all the way here. Either way it wont matter, he's no actor. I will watch him fall.." Louis shouted in his head as both of his arms blasted the doors open, the drama club students all stopped talking, others stopped what they were doing as they gazed at the trio. Louis standing firm as his eyes scanned the room, a small ferret with his arms crossed that looked flustered and finally Legoshi behind them both, his long neck and head peering over the shoulder of the deer with a timid face.

"Everyone, this is Ebisu, up coming drama club elite. You will give him your full attention and respect, now get back to practice," he ordered as he looked down at the ferret, "as for you, I'm grabbing you a script.." Louis huffed as he began to walk away.

Legoshi however, had his mind set already. He dropped his back pack and gripped the ladder that connected to the scaffolding that overlooked the stage. As soon as his long, gangly wolf fingers gripped a single bar of the ladder his ears shot up at the sound of Louis's snappy voice, "what are you doing..." his brown eyes sunk deep into Legoshi's.

With a dumbfounded look and a jaw that hung wide open Legoshi spoke, "I...ugh....the lights. I'm the light crew leader so I...thought..." he swallowed hard, not knowing what to say as Louis crossed his arms, "you were late this morning Legoshi, we replaced you remember..."

"Oh..oh! Right...so I guess I'll just...sit and watch," the wolf let go of the latter, sitting down with crossed legs, this only seemed to aggravate Louis more.

"So I'm going to have you do something else...as punishment for being late," the deer huffed as he dug through a box, throwing a script into Legoshi's lap which caused the wolf to jolt and throw his arms up.

"W-wait! A script? You want me in the play? But...I can't act..." the wolf said under his breath as he gripped the page firmly with both claws.

"None sense, you can do anything, you just decided to watch on the sidelines up there behind your spot light where no one can see your face. That pisses me off about you, so much wasted potential.." Louis stuck his chin up in a condescending way. "Start practicing I need a moment alone," was all Louis said before vanishing behind the curtains.

"Huh...I wonder who replaced me so quickly..." Legoshi sighed, his triangle-like ears jutting upward when he heard a loud crash above his head followed by a yell.

A heavy puff escaped from Ebisu's snout approaching the renowned drama club's doors, fully aware of his actions cutting class. But it didn't matter for the new student. Arms crossed on the spot, the ferret isolated himself into his conscious being thinking about the possible outcomes from today's try out. Would he succeed? Or would he fail...? No....failure was not worth the time to ponder over, especially with the impromptu dare coming so soon after his arrival. At this point, the trio was just before the entrance from the staging room.

Ebisu let Louis barge into the practice session, the door blasting open blowing some script papers out of the way. For a moment, the mustelid stayed back and looked up to the eyes of Legoshi, using his arm to give him a small thumbs up.

"Thanks for trying to open up the doors. I appreciate that a lot."

After pausing for a moment, Ebisu finally took his first steps inside the acting club, seeing the diversity the organization offered when it comes to, well, pretty much anyone. Herbivores and carnivores alike were welcome to give rousing performances, and the students at the time were putting in their work to perfect their performance for the Adler play.

Being introduced to the class felt weird. Louis acknowledged his status as an up and coming elite member of the 3rd year, but at the same time the ferret knew the shady circumstance hidden between the smoke and mirrors.

"Did he really mean it...?"

There was no time to dwell around that thought, as the mention of a script piqued his interested, ears perked up as he looked at the towering deer. He already maintained mental notes over the nature and character of his role. Probably much more jotted down on the paper when he got his script.

While Legoshi and Louis had their exchange, Ebisu took it upon himself to explore around the small community encapsuled between these four walls. Small cliques were paired up depending on what they worked on, from the actors, to lighting crew and stage crew, and the backstage guys who were in charge of costumes. Truly, this place was diverse as it was blooming in artistry. And soon, the ferret would be part of it, IF he passed his initiation.

Waiting for a moment, he stood behind the wolf as he was berated by Louis for arriving late, feeling a bit bad for Legoshi's absence to rehearsal.

"It wasn't his fault at all, just bumped into me by mistake and well, lost about 20 minutes of his time. Ugh..."

It was surprising how Legoshi would be put into the play itself, maybe as a minor role but on stage nonetheless, to be witnessed by those attending Opening Day at Cherryton Academy. A mistake on stage could affect anyone's acting career with ease, major or minor, even as an extra. After Louis disappeared between the two robes on the entrance of a door, Ebisu tried to comfort the wolf as best as he could, patting his leg as he couldn't reach over to his shoulder.

"If it makes it any better, I could try practice with you and get you ready for Adler on opening night. It shouldn't be that har-"

His pep talk was soon interrupted by the abrupt crash and scream, the ferret turning his attention to the scaffolding supporting the lighting equipment. Ebisu stepped foward, head tilted worried someone might've been injured on the spot.

"...Hello? You okay up there?"

"Hmmm...?" the wolf's ears lifted up as he tilted his head to meet the perspective of Ebisu who was busy patting Legoshi's knee, the tiny pitter patter of those tiny paws eased his mind for a moment while he looked back down to his script, curling his fingers around the paper as he sighed. Just then that loud clashing sound above him caused the white and blue furred Canis Lupus to snap his attention to the ceiling, his long jaw extending upward which held an expression of perplexity. That face soon turned to an open mouthed display of surprised, all of his teeth showing with a dumbfounded face when a fellow wolf came descending from the scaffolding with a loud clatter and bang.

"Ebisu!" Legoshi gasped as he lunged forward, his entire body representing a predator pouncing on prey, however; his movement was used to shield the small ferret as his shadow loomed over the tiny mammal. Legoshi, after realizing it was safe, rose from his knees and opened his arms to let Ebisu free. Looking behind himself with another flabbergasted expression Legoshi's eyes met with another wolf who was hanging upside down, only held by the many wires that kept the lights running; the wolf spun back and forth slowly from the wires twisting and retracting again until finally the wires ceased to move him around.

The large brown wolf and Legoshi stared at each other with flat faces until one of them smiled,

"Hello!"

Marco smiled with his large and sharp, goofy teeth, his arms hanging past his head as the entire room started to laugh, but this didn't seem to bother Marco one bit.

"U-um...hello..." Legoshi huffed and closed his eyes, "So this was my replacement....?" he blushed deeply as though the room was actually laughing at him and not Marco.

"Hey quick question, are my legs okay?" the wolf seemed nervous but felt less so while asking another wolf; it was as though Marco was too afraid to look.

Legoshi tilted his head in confusion at the question, even looking back at Ebisu with a, "what do I say to him?" face. Legoshi then slowly scanned with his eyes upward. Even more confusion met Legoshi's face as he noticed the thick knee pads around Marco's legs, even his ankles had some sort of brace on them as well.

Legoshi could only respond in the best way an awkward wolf-boy would,
"y-your legs looks great..." were his words as his face was still at Ebisu's level.

And in that instant a raccoon yelled in the background to stir up the room, "GAAAY!" was the over zealous yell that made the room all laugh again, Legoshi hiding behind both of his claws and groaning with a blush.

Last edited:
The ferret's gaze widened upon his first glance over the maned wolf plummeting from the rafters, his orange and white fur in full display as he crossed the line of sight of the spotlight, his long limbs casting a large shadow that loomed over the stage that had an eerie shape without any given context. The noise of the screeching metal made the affair much more frightening.

Stunned by the image of it, Ebisu kept looking at the canine shoot down onto the production floor below. For a brief moment, time slowed down for the ferret focused on Marco, the replacement for lighting crew, barrel towards him, cables and wiring covered with black tape attached all over his body. Fortunately, Legoshi made the save, acting as a protective dome putting the ferret out of harm's way. When the dust settled, Ebisu crawled out of Legoshi's protective maneuver to check up on him ad well, making sure no scratches or bruises were on the wolf. His attention, however, turned over to the large canine hanging off the lighting cables, dumbfounded on how lucky he was to have his fall broken like that.

For a while, Ebisu kept silent with the two wolves exchange, only waving back with a smile as he greeted the pair. The ferret thought that, even though he just fell from a high place, the maned wolf kept a smile throughout and maintained positive attitude as well. It was refreshing to see for a moment, really.

"Hello there, what's your name?" He spoke in a welcoming tone, despite the dialogue being drowned out by a wave of laughter. Looking up for a moment, he stared at Legoshi, curious as to what his attention grabbed, the answer being his limbs being covered in all sorts of protective gear. He didn't know how to respond, or what to say at all either, since it was the first time he ever saw a maned wolf, let alone one that kept his legs padded up.

With Legoshi's awkward response another burst of laughter broke out in the practice session, thanks to a derogatory comment from a nearby raccoon. Ebisu felt like it was enough, slowly making his way towards him, keeping a calm demeanor with the courtesy to boot, confronting the raccoon.

He pointed a small finger at his muzzle, keeping one arm behind his back, straightened up.

"You there... knock it off. I may be new here, but I know better than to joke around in a place like this. You're here to perfect your art and performance!" He said as he felt tired of hearing the wolf being demeaned in every conceivable level possible, standing up for Legoshi.

Filling with more and more laughter that resonated through the room the wolf only shook his head back and forth in a rather cute manner. Not wanting to face the crowd by exposing his face to see his embarrassment. Deep down he was used to this, the rejection, the laughing, the perpetual mocking of his predator status and sometimes the fear in herbivores eyes as he approached them. Until that is, he heard Ebisu doing something he'd never think anyone would do for a wolf like him.

"Ebisu you don't have to..." the wolf reached out his arm but it was too late, the ferret was already on a rant. But to Legoshi's surprise the ferret was asserting himself in a way he didn't think was possible from such a small animal.

With his hands up the raccoon pretended to care, a sarcastic tone in his throat, "Ooooh, I'm so sorry I made fun of your giant freak of friend. What? The new popular shithead needs protection or something? What, is he guna hurt me..." the raccoon put his paws on his hips and dipped downward with a smug look; he was full of himself. And with that said the raccoon thought he was so smart, until he looked around the room and everyone fell silent from Ebisu's speech, even Legoshi was dead-eye staring at the raccoon now, not to intentionally strike fear into the raccoon, Legoshi just had that stare.

"H-hey...tell your friend to stop looking at me like that.." the raccoon shivered and stepped away slowly until Marco threw his two cents in the conversation.

"So, as cool as hanging from wires sounds...I think all of my blood is rushing to my head and I totally can't feel my legs. Please help," the wolf spoke with a cheerful and joking tone at first, but it was apparent in his words that he was scared for dear life over his legs.

Meanwhile, in Louis's green room:

"YOU WILL crush him. YOU WILL perform better than that incessant rodent! If he wants a real challenge I'll show him how sharp my horns can really be..." the deer squinted his eyes into the mirror, observing his features and posture.

"Look at you...you're afraid of a damned weasel. With his tiny claws...small teeth, he's not a threat...but he's still a predator. Even with his small stature he struts about as though he's a fucking prodigy..." Louis sighed but his breathing was heavier.

"Get it together Louis....remember who you are...you are Louis, proud actor! No one is better than you! No on-" the deer whipped his head towards his door as he heard a loud crash and bickering, he only grabbed his own horns and sighed making his way outside of his room.

"Use those wicked claws to cut him loose Legoshi!" a cheetah girl yelled.

"Yeah! Tear them to shreds!" another yelled.

Legoshi, hunched over, looked down at the palm of his hands. "These claws...so sharp and long...I don't want to use them..." he looked up at Marco who gave him a smile, and back at the floor.

"Why can't anyone understand I just don't want to be reminded that I'm a just another deadly tool...a predator.." he took a deep breath as he heard the room chant.

"CUT HIM LOOSE!

"CUT HIM LOOSE!"

"CUT HIM LOSE!"

Legoshi felt so pressured, his hands started to shake as he hide them against his chest, slowly a single hand with gleaming claws crept out, glimmering from the spot lights that were still shinning from above, their position altered when Marco tripped over them. Legoshi felt his heart pound, he wanted to free Marco but didn't want to do it with his own claws. With eyes closed he slashed the wires, hearing them snap apart as Marco fell down and electric sparks flew around, some landing in his fur and burning slightly.

After all was said and done Legoshi looked at his claws again with a dissatisfied poker-face.

"What the living hell is going on out here!" stood Louis in front of his doors, both arms still holding them open as his eyes slowly looked from one end of the room to the other, striking fear into other animals as they looked away quickly to not make eye contact with the red deer.

Last edited:
Pity was not the word to describe how Ebisu felt for the large wolf, though he felt incredibly sorry for him, even though Legoshi seemed to be handling the situation well. But even then, someone HAD to speak up. Someone HAD to stand up for him, maybe himself but for now that didn't seem to be the case. At this point, Ebisu was becoming well known for his ranting style and tone, even with very minimal agency and power over the rest of the school, let alone the club itself.

"You don't have to....Legoshi you are wrong there, someone has to stand up for you because you can't just let the hazing happen like second nature." He thought to himself, whilst cutting some choice words towards the raccoon, albeit in a very neutral tone. His words, unlike the raccoon's earlier comment, were very calm in demeanor and well intended, to protect his friend.

Ebisu rolled his eyes. He understood the purpose of drama club. He understood somewhat how people got into it. So why is this raccoon in here? He just seemed like a heckler amongst other students. Then again, this is the first time he ever saw this person, so they don't really know each other. Not even with the entire group. Ebisu was the stranger of the drama club for now, until he could stand out from the rest of the animals. But it seemed the procyonidae was coming to his senses....

"...finally, he realized something abou-...."

The mustelid paused for his thought process for a moment, as he noticed the complete silence that befell the drama club, especially now with the raccoon instilled with a dose of fear. Ebisu turned around to a dead stare, not aimed at him but it captivated his attention nonetheless.

"...you are a sight to behold."

His attention turned back to the maned wolf hanging off the ropes as well. He took a step back to get a clearer picture of the situation, looking for possible solutions that didn't damage the equipment or hurt Marco at all. Climbing up the stairwell quickly, Ebisu stood over a guardrail looking down to where the cables were, tugging on some to untie Marco's leg free. His assessment was abruptly stopped, the entire club rallying Legoshi to cut him down with a swipe of his claws. Standing beneath the wolf, he looked into his eyes, which said it all without speaking a word. He didn't want to. Not at all.

The ferret hunched over, arms wrapped around his head covering himself from the electric spark that blowed through the cables. Amongst the chaos, a few live wires dangled above Ebisu, who jumped onto the ground, avoiding a ferocious shock by mere inches. His uniform got singed around his back and a few spots of his skin, the marks hidden underneath his white pelt. He glanced back at Legoshi after rolling through what looked like a jungle of electric vines, staring at his claws with ill faith.

The uncomfortable silence was then broken by the sound of a door being broke open. Louis was mad, and none had the courage to stare into the eyes of a beast. Except Ebisu; he didn't show the slightest of worry.

"Well, whoever was in charge of lighting had an accident. But he's okay now..."

Legoshi reacted with a jolting surge that sent his tail between his legs and his fur standing up from each individual bristle when he heard the door suddenly swing open, the loud bang sending a booming echo through the drama club, only made louder by the fact the room was meant to capture any sound and enhance them. Not one animal seemed to want to speak at all, not one but Ebisu who dared challenge the large cervine by suggesting it was just an accident.

"Ebisu...are you okay?" Legoshi bent his back as far as it could go, seeing the remnants of smoke training off of Ebisu's nice school cloths from where the wires had burned his fur. He reached out with his long claws, but before he could make contact a shout was heard that echoed through the entire auditorium.

"AN ACCIDENT? YOU CALL DESTROYING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN LIGHTING EQUIPMENT AN ACCIDENT!" the deer flared his nostrils and took a deep breath for another round of yelling, his crew members and fellow actors all standing there dumbfound; Bill raised his paw.

"Ughhh, maybe we can just use some back up lamps? We just wont have bright...lights.."

the tiger closed his mouth when Louis's peering gaze struck him when he tried suggesting anything at all.

"Dude I"m just trying to he-"

"I don't want to hear it Bill...I just...." the deer looked down for a moment, normally he'd pretend to be friendly, but this was drama club, these weren't his fans they were his peers. And in the deer's eyes he owned all of them, they would bend the knee to his will, his anger.

"Just..."

"Louis?" Legoshi started to approach him as the deer bleated one loud bleat before opening his mouth in a frenzy.

"I'M TIRED OF ALL OF YOU! I'M TIRED OF THE CONSTANT RETAKES! THE FAILURES! ALL OF YOU ARE INSUFFERABLE!"

"Okay what the hell! Don't yell at us for these idiots mistake!" Bill pointed at Legoshi and Marco.

"DO YOU THINK i CARE BILL!?" Louis stomped his way towards Bill, even putting his muzzle into the tiger's, not one bit afraid.

Before the large predator could speak Louis interrupted, "I'm tired of you picking fights in my Drama Club, so I suggest you leave before you do something that gets you expelled.."

"But Legoshi can pick fights with me? Defending your pet wolf huh?" Bill growled, but the deer remained unmoved.

the entire time Legoshi just stood there with his mouth half open, scratching his face while his gaze looked to Bill and back to Louis as they had their exchange.

"I-I can just, fix the lights. It's what I do...ugh, did," Legoshi suggested and closed his mouth immediately and looked away when Louis dead stared him.

Last edited:
The mongoose/ferret hybrid stood his ground as the green room doors bolted open, an enraged and rabid cervid ready to spit out whoever got in his path. The tension was thick in the room, so thick it sort of overwhelmed a couple of students who quietly escaped through the hallway exit, sitting quietly beside the doors. For now, the other students had to endure what was to come.

"Yeah, I am. Just wanted to make sure tha..-"

Soon after opening up his muzzle, the best actor in Cherryton began his tirade, more concerned over the equipment destroyed rather than the fact that one student was freed from his binding and left relatively unscathed, save for a few already established carnivores, whose fur was already scorched by sparks of electricity.

Ebisu observed the exchange between Bill amd Louis closely, their back and forth being analyzed from a distanced by the mustelid. He noticed a shift in the deer's attitude, attempting to repress his rage and frustrations towards the group, frustrations that weren't even in the mind Ebisu. He always thought there was a good amount of cooperation by the lead with his on stage partners. That perception was soon to be crumbled; turned into dust.

Never has Ebisu felt true disgust towards a person's words, let alone actions. First the lies. Then this? It made the ferret think twice about joining this club if it meant knowing the figurehead of the organization secretly hated everyone. A vile and toxic hate that fed his thought of superiority of others. He had to hold back his ranting ways. Ebisu just had to, before he would get into more heat with Louis, so be bit down on his lip hard, shutting his opinion down in a small cascade of blood from the piercing fang.

"How is he running for Beastar? He's so full of himself, instead of being the complete opposite..."

Ebisu kept his attention still on Louis and Bill, hearing the falsehood that it was Legoshi and Marco's fault. The ferret knew for a fact, Legoshi was pressured into cutting the wires, burning their skin and fur, as well as parts of their uniform. Not one of the people who started chanting got burned in any sort of level. He kept watching the tiger and deer exchange words, frozen in place with nothing to say at all, save for the vent he was withholding.

"I...I need a break." Ebisu spoke, pushing the door open with his full body just to get outside. Was drama club really like this? Just a complex system that fed into a bold deer's power fantasy? The ferret wouldn't have it at all.

"Maybe if I upstage him, things could be better.

The heat in the room was rising as Bill and Louis glared at each other in a stand-off of wits and dominance, Legoshi's remark about fixing the lights almost went completely ignored by the deer until a slight twitch of his ear and a shift of his eye confirmed Legoshi's words, "then fix the damn lights..." his eye shifted back towards Bill as Legoshi quickly scrambled to the mess of strewn about wires, scratching his face and shifting his eyes while he came up with a solution.

"Maybe some electric tape...mmmm...I need to shut off the fuses though....hmmm?" the wolf turned his head when he heard the double doors being opened by Ebisu as he made his leave and for a long while the wolf only watched the doors open and close again from the momentum caused by Ebi leaving so abruptly. Once again Legoshi looked at the cables then into space as he day-dreamed in thought, "poor Ebisu, I didn't expect today to go like this...and Louis.."

The wolf sighed and glared at the two mammals still arguing, their words were a blur as he turned his head to Marco who was still rubbing his leg, "Marco.." Legoshi glared at him unintentionally hungry eyes, this however, didn't bother the other wolf.

"That's me! So ugh...fixing the lights, I think we need some.."

"Electric tape, make sure the fuse box is off. I need to take care of something," the wolf slowly stood up hunched his way over towards the exit.

There, in the hallway still stood a small female mouse student. She had decided to stay outside until the two larger animals fought it out, she only sat on her backpack and looked up when Ebisu walked through the doors, he dull expression changed instantly.

"Ebisu! Ugh...I mean, that's your name. Ebisu...right?" she rubbed the back of her head awkwardly, trying not to seem desperate or blushed.

"I-I hope when everything calms down, I can see your acting. I bet you'll be really good at it," she chuckled and looked away as to not make eye contact.

"Oh-oh! My name is Yuri Hirai, first year.." she looked up at him, her heart was pounding, to her Ebisu was slightly taller than her, a perfect height. And his features...but she didn't want to seem like just another heart-throb.

"I wouldn't mind an escort home either, if you will. I'm just so new and I just think you seem nice...and approachable. N-not like that! I didn't meant it like you're a predator kinda thing...she smiled again and stood up, picking her backpack off of the ground.

"Plus smaller mammals like me should be walking home alone at night...Iv'e seen the news and the stories and..." she sighed but looked into Ebi's eyes for a moment.

When her gaze shifted upward she squeaked and all of her hair stood up as a gigantic shadow loomed over both of them, she couldn't help her instincts to flee,
"I...I have to go! Sorry! I just..." she dropped her book bag and scurried down the hall while the tall wolf inhaled slowly, sighing through his muzzle as he used a single finger to pick up her book bag, bending down to his knees as he looked at Ebisu.

"I never thanked you for earlier, you left between their bickering..." the wolf rolled his finger around, making the bag slide down his finger and up again.

"She ran when she saw me, I'm used to it. I was probably a sky-scrapper to her, only with teeth," he lips kept still along with his expression, he then folded his legs and sat down next to the ferret.

"If you haven't noticed i'm s-shy. I don't like confrontation or doing things that remind me of being who....what I am. I cut those wires under peer pressure when I saw you trying to do it the right way," the wolf continued to swing her back until it fell flat on the floor with a tiny little thud.

"I don't want a part in the play, I just want to run the lights," Legoshi put his paws in his pocket and stood up, but turned around for a quick moment, "predators need to stick up for each other, thank you. But one day I think all of us should stick up for each other too. You should return her backpack," he almost smiled as he waved and made his way back into the drama club.

Last edited:
While Legoshi took upon the task of patching up the lighting system cables, Ebisu was still isolated by himself and his thoughts outside, next to the large door fixed at the end of the hallway leading into the drama club. His bag spilled the contents of multiple text books and pencils onto the floor itself, though Ebisu could care less his stuff was scattered on the hallway, speaking loudly to himself as no one was there to hear him at the time.

"Ugh...keep it together. There's still ways to go. I need to focus; by walking out that door who knows what I could've shown Louis that he could use against me in many ways...."

With a heavy sigh, a large puff exhaling out of the ferret's muzzle, Ebisu got to thinking what his next move was, claws loudly tapping on the tiles that covered the entire academy grounds from the inside. The hallways were still empty by surprise, and not one teacher has caught wind of the student's absense to class at all. Until he heard a nearby voice, that startled the small predator since he thought a professor had finally laid eyes on him, caught red handed skipping class.

"Shit, I'm in trouble thanks to this deer..."

Was what the ferret had on his subconscious before opening up his eyes, his train of thought lost once he noticed there was no teacher to berate him. Instead, his red gaze laid upon a mouse, who made Ebisu seem like a beast in size comparison.

"O-oh! Uhm....hi. Yeah, that's me." Innocently, Ebsiu lifted up his arm for a wave, setting his palm down on the back of neck in the process of greeting. The ferret was surprised that Yuri knew about his attempt at auditioning for the drama club, though Ebi rationalized she could've easily missed her through the shadows of the classroom.

"Thanks for that, I kind of needed some sort of reassurance y'know?" Ebisu did the complete opposite, his red stare glaring directly over the mouse at every given second, following her moves to not lose track of her and maybe accidentally squash the rodent.

"Well, nice to meet you. I don't know if you already had an idea of my full name, which would be Ebisu Akatsuki." He emphasized his second name with a long pause separating the two. The ferret heard out her suggestion for an escort back to the dorms. He pondered about it, then gave a clear response.

"I guess I wouldn't mind that, after all, maybe it's about time I get familiar with some people in this school." Before he could address the news circling around the academy, Ebisu noticed the shadow looming over his entire being, scaring the rodent off to who knows where. The ferret knew who it was, only one carnivore in this school had that distinct silhoutte, large ears with a fluffy complexion, his entire body covered with fur.

"It's fine really, I always try to do the right thing. As for their bickering...ugh..."

Ebisu thought how it must've felt to be feared by everyone, just based on appearance. Legoshi didn't do anything wrong at all, yet he's the most frightening student on the block.

"Well, I understand it's out of your control, but if only it weren't that way, because you are a very nice guy to talk to."

Then the wolf mentioned his shy nature, which sort of surprised the ferret to a degree.

"Shy? Huh...And who wouldn't be afraid of confrontation? That's something I noticed from the students here that remind me of Gunma, they're...kind of rude."

Ebisu paused for a moment waiting for the wolf to speak about the role he was given as an actor.

"You really should talk about that to Louis, but if I was him I'd just let you run the lights. No reason to put you in a position you wouldn't want to be in." The hybrid smiled with Legoshi's gratitude, but still thought there was no reason to thank him.

"Mhm, one day we will...herbivores who aren't scared of us sounds nice. Hopefully we can achieve so."

As Legoshi made his way back into the drama club, the ferret picked up the small bag, which fitted entirely on his paw, for size comparison. Standing up and picking up his own materials, he put her bookbag inside the front pocket of his uniform, walking in the direction which the mouse made a run for.

Ebisu's words lingered into the wolf's mind, perhaps he was right, the wolf didn't need to be what Louis needed him to be. Was he an actor? Or was he just a wolf behind the lights? Legoshi, with his long arm keeping the door open to the drama club looked back and down into Ebisu's eyes in thought, "sometimes we have to do things we don't like, I learned that the hard way. But, thank you," the wolf closed the doors, the sounds of Louis still yammering behind the doors could be heard as a huge group of angry drama club members started to leave, it was apparent Louis had had enough when Ebi could hear him yelling again.

"OUT! GET OUT! ALL OF YOU! JUST GO HOME AND PRACTICE FOR TOMORROW!" the deer showed his face for the last time in the hallway before putting his arm in front of Legoshi and Marco who were trying to leave with the group, "oh no...you two are staying with me..." he turned around as the doors closed again, Legoshi gave Ebi a very confused look followed by a small wolf whimper in this throat.

As all of the class mates left Ebisu was left all alone again, an image of a small mouse standing under a light post outside of the school was in his view now. She seemed nervous and alone, too afraid to start walking home as if she waited for her "savior" to sweep her off of her small legs and protect her.

"Ebisu, I hope you take me up on my offer tonight..." she sighed as she held her body, knowing full well she had left her book bag in the hall when she ran away, but she wouldn't dare go near that wolf again.

"But you SHOULDN'T. You are your own person, Legoshi. You can't just, y'know...I have no good analogy but that's the point. But yeah, I understand sometimes we need to do things against."

In his mind, the ferret was on the right side of the argument, at least according to what he felt was morally correct. There was a pretty thick line to where you do things on your own and forcibly take up the bidding of others for the better, even if it doesn't benefit at first. As he was thinking, a faint shout could be heard, only to pick up by the millisecond. It was Louis barking orders again, a magnetic pulse repelling its counterparts with swarms of talented actors pushing open the door, leaving the practice session.

"Not this again..."

The ferret sighed at first glance, seeing Marco and Legoshi having an angry cervid breathing down their necks had to be annoying. But Ebisu had no time to think about that. His pocket had the mouse's bookbag, so he got on track. The hallways were dim, empty. They lacked the normal school life, but it made sense since the periods were over. Ebisu investigated every nook and cranny possible, so far as peering through classroom doors barely open by the hinges to make sure she wasn't locked up by accident. Finishing up his search on the inside, the ferret headed out towards the exit, where he noticed a large shadow blooming out of the bright source. It was Yuri. It was obvious she waited for Ebisu patiently.

"Uhm...hi.." Ebisu murmured, the dead silence being broken with the sounds of cicadas flying nearby, as well as grasshoppers removing the dreadful feeling of silence. He knelt over, pulling out the small bag Yuri left behind when she felt mortified by the towering beast that was Legoshi. "You dropped this back there."

As he handed the bag, Ebisu noticed his surroundings; dark, gloomy and morbid, a sort of beast using the woods as camouflage to attack their small, medium, large prey. It didn't matter; meat is meat.

"Hey uh, maybe I could take up the offer to take you home? This place seems extremely dangerous for someone to come out, waltz down the streets and get killed." Ebisu let out a light chuckle, brushing out the end of his neck with a paw, cheeks brightened up to pink with a blush. He didn't want to embarrass himself in front of Yuri, he wanted to come out as someone confidential and open to talk.

"I remembered what you said back there in front of theater. So I decided the offer, so you wouldn't have to walk alone to your home. Sound good?"

Under the pale moonlight the timid girl played with her paws nervously, she leaned up against a gigantic light post by a bench that was sitting in front of the main campus doors. Sometimes Yuri quickly looked behind her or to the sides while remaining very fidgety with her fingers and paws, "He's coming Yuri, just a little longer...just...you're okay," she had to remind herself several times, she knew she wasn't just prey, but one of the most vulnerable.

"A p-predator could just...scoop you up, pop me into their mouths and that would be it. I hate being so small.." her tiny ears flattened until she heard Ebisu's voice. Her heart skipped several beats and sped up, but she held her prey instincts telling her to scurry behind a bush and dash away.

Her little nose twitched and her eyes lit up when seeing Ebisu's white fur, reflecting from the large moon; his fur glowed to perfection.

"Ebisu! I mean...hey.." she looked down, trying not to seem excited as she cautiously listened to each of his words from his soft, yet, slightly coarse voice.

She nodded rapidly when he said he'd watch over her tonight, standing on her tippy toes and reaching up with her small paws to grab her bag, "my bag! Thank you, it has mostly just junk in it but some things I never want to lose," she held the bag close and looked into Ebisu's red eyes.

Her heart almost stopped, she didn't know if it was pure fear or an overwhelming flood of hormones when she met his eyes, just looking at each other without saying one word as a cool moonlit breeze graced their presence. Yuri's small skirt flowed a little, "those red eyes...they are so...full. Yet so...wanting..." she thought, her senses telling her to flee again.

"I'm glad some predator boy's don't mind walking prey like me home..." she went silent.

"I don't mean to offend you, but what I'm doing is very stupid." she closed her eyes for a moment and squeezed her bag.

"I live this way," was all she said, waiting for him to walk in front of her. She didn't quite trust him at night like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back