• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beast Souls OOC

Larke Larke I think you've misread a few things that I think I should clarify.
First, I know you didn't know, that is why I told you. I'm not sure how else to relate it.

Second, there was no dialogue in my last post. I was not writing anyone speaking, let alone Amara. I think you took my mention of the sandcat to be Amara? It wasn't. The sandcat was a random npc. If you read the character profiles, you'll find that Amara is another wild dog. I wrote no action for anything or anyone but the spiders and my own character. There was never an instance where I have written dialogue for someone else's character. Writing the reactions for the npcs is a very far cry from writing action and dialogue for another person's character.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and I think you took the correction a bit more harshly than it was meant.
To clarify further I recommend you take a look at the rules of the site if you haven't already. There is a lot of info put up by the admin to avoid things just like this.

I read through the main thread, and I'm sorry, I did misunderstand. There was a section where I wasn't sure who was speaking, and I assumed it would be amara.
I'll take a look at the rules, and if you thought I was harsh earlier as well, I'm sorry for that too.

I read through the main thread, and I'm sorry, I did misunderstand. There was a section where I wasn't sure who was speaking, and I assumed it would be amara.
I'll take a look at the rules, and if you thought I was harsh earlier as well, I'm sorry for that too.
Hey no worries at all. I know you're learning, and I'm sorry if I came off as mean. I'll do my best to make sure your experience is a good one. That's what we're here for after all :3
I know it's not always intuitive, and I'll try to be mindful of my wording when I post next.
If you have any questions about anything I'd be happy to answer them.

I love the character. Everything is great save that the personality is very short. It should be min 2 paragraphs. You can add stuff like what makes him happy/angry, what he likes to do to amuse himself, what character traits he admires in others, which ones earn scorn etc.

Onikmey Onikmey

Lol... I was looking at the pictures you used for your character. The human is bad-butt cool. The anthro is creepy cool. Then the snake is just freaking adorable LOL <3 I love it

So, about how many people responded to the emperor's call? What all was shared with them about these creatures and where they're coming from? What was told to our characters about how the nest was found? What was the plan for clearing the nest of evil?

what was the estimated size of the nest of evil? Is this a scouting and gathering-intel mission or a clear-the-nest mission?

Well, my character won't be up tonight. But I made some progress on him and the group I'm making with him

So, about how many people responded to the emperor's call? What all was shared with them about these creatures and where they're coming from? What was told to our characters about how the nest was found? What was the plan for clearing the nest of evil?
They know absolutely nothing at this point. The emperor had lost quite a few soldiers to finding out what this evil was and he decided to change tactics by calling on the best and brightest of the lands, hoping they would succeed where his men failed and gather as much information on this new enemy as possible. There would be several companies formed, some would go alone, likely a hundred or so, though our group might join a larger company, and it might not. We'll see how it goes.

what was the estimated size of the nest of evil? Is this a scouting and gathering-intel mission or a clear-the-nest mission?
They do not know. They do know the caves are extensive, but just how much of the system has been overtaken they never found out. The raids by these creatures are beginning to happen all over the world however, Xiong-Shi is only the first land where they are sure of a striking point.

how good are the spiders' eyesight?
Bad, but they can feel the tiniest of vibrations in the earth and detect prey on the ground. They are less good with aerial vibrations, though they have about a 20ft recognition radius for air current changes too.

Hey silver, what do these spiders look like? Do they look like shadows, where they're hard to see, or do they look kinda solid? Are they like tarantulas (hairy) or black widows (smooth)? Is their silk made of darkness as well? Lastly, how big are they? Just a few questions to inform my writing

Last edited:
Larke Larke theyre horse sized, but can fit through windows so im imagining long collapsable legs around a body thats about a meter tall and 1-2 meters longish. but definitely hear it from silver.

SilverFlight SilverFlight how is our group organized? Have they been organized yet? you mentioned that a bear-tribesman was acting as impromptu leader, does he know where we're going? What does he know of the environment? What do most of us know of the environment? whats the plan in getting to the caves? what precautions has our commander taken to avoid getting nommed on by darkness until this point? what has been the plan, because so far all i've got is something along the lines of "wander to these caves somewhere and kill everything you see along the way". we dont seem to know anything about the enemy, except that they come from a vast cave system that everyone who enters has died in. we dont know how we know where they are. we dont seem to know much about the terrain, or how to know weve arrived aside from dying. we dont seem to have the support in manpower, knowledge, or resources the empire of Xiong-Shi can provide.

Onikmey Onikmey that's a lost smaller than I imagined, actually... I thought they were elephant sized

SilverFlight SilverFlight Other questions I have are is there a reason why the spiders are attacking us? Where did they come from, and if they've been around, why haven't they attacked before? Do they have intelligence and a social structure and the like, or are they just an evil, mindless force of darkness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back