• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beast Souls OOC

You have peaked my interest. I'll look more into it later, but I probably will take part in this if you are still taking.

Alright, I've read the lore and I am officially interested now. I really like the concept. I might create a small organization with my character as well.

Larke Larke Ok, I need to stop you right there for a moment, you cannot under any circumstances write for someone else's character. You can write your actions and then wait for them to reply with their own. Please edit your post.

Also Ayize is about to have his face crunched off, he may need a little help. You can certainly write bashing the spider in the mandibles if you like. Just don't write any action for Skadhi as the character is not yours.

Last edited:
Btw I may also have some ideas that don't really effect the actual rping but... nice background stuff

So in East Asian culture, the Red Crowned crane is a symbol of longevity, immortality and nobility, as well as purity and peace. They were often linked to myths and legends, often being represented in art alongside gods and deities.

In nature, the large birds are incredibly dominant over other creatures in their territory due to their size and, though they generally live in peace with most other animals, threats are immediately dealt with.

So now for the actual idea

I was wondering if the a clan of red crowned cranes served as advisers to the Panda Emporer or were the protectors and keepers of the sacred temple of Xiong-Shi, governed by a Supreme Priestess. It is not only a place of learning, but also of Enlightment and protects an ancient library down in the catacombs far below.

My character could be a shrine maiden so that she can actually be out and about, not constantly anchored to her temple or land. Perhaps on a mission or whatever yada yada.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Larke Larke Ok, I need to stop you right there for a moment, you cannot under any circumstances write for someone else's character. You can write your actions and then wait for them to reply with their own. Please edit your post.

Also Ayize is about to have his face crunched off, he may need a little help. You can certainly write bashing the spider in the mandibles if you like. Just don't write any action for Skadhi as the character is not yours.

Oh... But you wrote for mine and skadhi's, as well as that other wild dog girl? Uhmm I'm kinda confused.. Sorry
I'll edit it, but I mean skadhi was already fighting, and all I did was have my character fight with her.
Actually, can you get back to me on this before I edit it? Because I want to know why first. No bad feelings intended.

i dont think its the fighting as much as the moving on to the next scene without permission. she may want to still be fighting. idk though, I'm not gm

i dont think its the fighting as much as the moving on to the next scene without permission. she may want to still be fighting. idk though, I'm not gm

That's true... Makes sense. But I still need to hear from silverflight to make sure

That's true... Makes sense. But I still need to hear from silverflight to make sure
I wrote the reactions for the spiders. Your characters were already slashing at the spiders, I wrote the landing hits and what happened to the spiders afterwards. I was telling you their weaknesses. I did not move your characters around the tavern and have them speak. That would be bunnying/godmodding and it is against the rules. Amara was also already at the tavern, it was in one of her earlier posts, Ayi didn't know this and he was guessing.

As a general rule for all rps, you are in charge of your own character and no one else's. Some gms won't even let you control the opponents you fight and you must write an attack and they write whether the hit lands, where it lands and what happens to the opponent after it does. As a whole, controlling the character of another player is considered rude by people who know better. Its a pretty solid rule.

Last edited:
Btw I may also have some ideas that don't really effect the actual rping but... nice background stuff

So in East Asian culture, the Red Crowned crane is a symbol of longevity, immortality and nobility, as well as purity and peace. They were often linked to myths and legends, often being represented in art alongside gods and deities.

In nature, the large birds are incredibly dominant over other creatures in their territory due to their size and, though they generally live in peace with most other animals, threats are immediately dealt with.

So now for the actual idea

I was wondering if the a clan of red crowned cranes served as advisers to the Panda Emporer or were the protectors and keepers of the sacred temple of Xiong-Shi, governed by a Supreme Priestess. It is not only a place of learning, but also of Enlightment and protects an ancient library down in the catacombs far below.

My character could be a shrine maiden so that she can actually be out and about, not constantly anchored to her temple or land. Perhaps on a mission or whatever yada yada.

SilverFlight SilverFlight
Sounds good. Would this be a temple for the panda God or the two deities from the old knowledge?

question- are there great oceans between any of the lands or are we on some sort of pangea?
Pangea, but there would be a few large lakes. I did this because generally playing an aquatic creature ends up being pretty boring as most often everyone else chooses animals that are not water-going at all and we never encounter that environment, so I decided to push it to the sides (literally).

I wrote the reactions for the spiders. Your characters were already slashing at the spiders, I wrote the landing hits and what happened to the spiders afterwards. I was telling you their weaknesses. I did not move your characters around the tavern and have them speak. That would be bunnying/godmodding and it is against the rules. Amara was also already at the tavern, it was in one of her earlier posts, Ayi didn't know this and he was guessing.

As a general rule for all rps, you are in charge of your own character and no one else's. Some gms won't even let you control the opponents you fight and you must write an attack and they write whether the hit lands, where it lands and what happens to the opponent after it does. As a whole, controlling the character of another player is considered rude by people who know better. Its a pretty solid rule.

I'm not disagreeing with you, and I will edit. But, seeing as I'm new and I've never role played before, I do not know better, which is why I was asking. I dont know any of the rules or terminology, and what I do know I have to look up or take example from others. I don't mean to nitpick, but you had Ayi speak to Amara. You had her reply. I had Luruke on a killing spree with the spiders, but you wrote that it was tough and no one got very many hits in, due to the spider's skin. I took example from you, seeing as you had other characters speak and influenced their actions that were already taking place, just as I had. I understand the rules now that you've explained them to me, but I really had no idea before. Lastly, I read that you wanted to have us write at least a paragraph, and I knew that if I had to wait for skadgi to tell me it was okay to fight with her, it would be less than a paragraph. I had Luruke fly in to help the people in the tavern, so there isn't really much reason for him to somehow end up away from the tavern, helping Ayi. I just wanted to go with the natural flow of things, and not have it too forced.
Now that you know that I didn't know, next time I do something wrong, you can tell me and we can have a nice conversation about it.
Because this doesn't sound like a friendly explanation of the rules from one more knowledgeable to one less knowledgeable.

Last edited:
Larke Larke I think you've misread a few things that I think I should clarify.
First, I know you didn't know, that is why I told you. I'm not sure how else to relate it.

Second, there was no dialogue in my last post. I was not writing anyone speaking, let alone Amara. I think you took my mention of the sandcat to be Amara? It wasn't. The sandcat was a random npc. If you read the character profiles, you'll find that Amara is another wild dog. I wrote no action for anything or anyone but the spiders and my own character. There was never an instance where I have written dialogue for someone else's character. Writing the reactions for the npcs is a very far cry from writing action and dialogue for another person's character.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and I think you took the correction a bit more harshly than it was meant.
To clarify further I recommend you take a look at the rules of the site if you haven't already. There is a lot of info put up by the admin to avoid things just like this.

Last edited:
are language barriers going to be a thing? I'm assuming there's a common trade language that most use for simplicity's sake, but do different tribes have their own language?

are language barriers going to be a thing? I'm assuming there's a common trade language that most use for simplicity's sake, but do different tribes have their own language?
For simplicity's sake I'll say everyone is taught the common tongue. But there could be tribal languages in existence, most of the kingdoms however would have switched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back