• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

BBC Sherlock: A Good Neighbor

She laughs softly. "Why would I, indeed? That's the question to ponder, Mr. Holmes. I'll certainly stop by for tea if you come to a conclusion." She waves him off, watching the door shut before heading out and flagging down a taxi. Errands were a tedious task that she preferred to avoid but they had to be done eventually. She didn't have anything too draining to do, just pick up some groceries and inquire about a job. The taxis seemed to roll on past without noticing her but a sleek, expensive-looking black car slows to a stop in front of her. The window rolls down to reveal an attractive brunette woman who looks up from her phone only briefly. "Ms. Moore?"

Olivia's brow furrows and she tilts her head slightly. "Uh, yeah. But, I don't think you're looking for me." The brunette lifts her gaze briefly for only a moment. "I think you should get in the car now." Olivia crosses her arms over her chest, glancing up to the window of 221B. Whoever sent the car was either incredibly stupid or they wanted to get Sherlock's attention. "Or...?"

"I don't think you don't want to find out." Olivia scans over the car, deciding to get in. Anyone willing to send a car for her just outside of Baker Street clearly meant no immediate danger. The car ride to wherever took absolute ages due to the silence. Olivia figured it was futile to ask any questions in the hope of legitimate answers. Eventually, after what felt like hours, they arrive at some odd abandoned building. "You're not coming then?" Olivia glances over to the woman that didn't make a move to get out of the car. "Uh, no." Opening the door, Olivia sighs. "Right..."

After what turns out to be entirely dull questioning and some not-so-threatening threats by Sherlock's 'archenemy,' Olivia is offered a great deal of money in exchange for some occasional updates on Sherlock. After some deductions of her own, she decides to take it, suggesting that her first payment be upfront. The money is handed over to her and Sherlock's archenemy calls the woman from earlier to take Olivia home. And, that's that. Olivia walks into Baker Street, expecting Sherlock to be waiting at the door. It was time for a proper chat after all.

Sherlock sat on his couch, speaking with John about something that Lestrade had mentioned before sighing to himself. Looking at John for a moment before crossing his legs. "John, do you remember when my brother abducted you? That night how the camera had been following you."

John nodded as he sat up a bit straighter. "Yes, very clearly. Why?" He asked, putting down the paper as he rubbed the back of his neck. Unaware what Sherlock was on about.

Sherlock nodded and looked out the window for a minute as he sighed softly.
"I believe the same thing occurred today. With Olivia. She said the believed that the camera was following her. I think my brother has been meddling." He said shaking his head in disgust. "I wish he'd leave her alone. We've barely known each other a week. Perhaps he offered her the same thing. I don't know how I feel about her speaking with him."

"Oh. That's rather odd." John murmured, sitting back and thinking when Mrs. Hudson ran inside their flat. Bustling about tea and cookies and something Sherlock didn't really need to listen to. Smiling softly as he watched her and sat. Listening to the enjoyable sounds of John and Mrs. Hudson. He was thrown back into a memory from Christmas. It was quite a lovely evening, he had been a little rude, but he did enjoy all of his friends being there.

After sitting in silence, he sighed gently and heard the door downstairs open. Looking out the window as he thought. He would let her come to him, and to explain what had happened.

The door to 221B was slightly ajar so Olivia jogs up the stairs and into their flat without knocking. As she watches into the room, her gaze connects with Sherlock's. She knew that he knew exactly what just occurred or a pretty good idea of it. "Sorry to be rude, but judging by your apt concern, you know already what happened. So, who is he then? Not some criminal mastermind, I know that. That was obvious even to me. Mrs. Hudson, if you're making tea, I'd love a cup. Casual abduction makes one so parched."

Mrs. Hudson delivers her usual I'm not your housekeeper as she refocuses her attention on the tea and Olivia responds with a thank you. She tries to be subtle about the stack of cash in her pocket. She was fully intending on giving half to Sherlock, considering he was the whole reason she got it in the first place, but she wanted to hear what he had to say first. Taking a seat on the couch, she waits for Sherlock's remarks.

Sherlock nodded and pushed himself to stand. "Yes. I know. I knew the moment you said you thought the cameras were watching you." He murmured gesturing for her to sit so he could explain. "That, was my brother. And his secretary. The woman on the phone that is. He offered you money to keep an eye on me, and if you were stupid you denied the money. But since you are a smart girl, I know you took it." Sherlock stated before sitting down in his arm chair.

"I believe that he does that to make sure I'm alright. Either way it's becoming bothersome. He did that nearly a year ago to John. Nearly the same exact set up." Sherlock murmured as he frowned, rubbing his temples as he shook his head and sighed. "I wish he'd have left you alone." He murmured as he shook his head again.

"Why, Sherlock? Why do you wish he'd left me alone? Clearly, I was in no danger. The car was rather nice. Did you see it?" She gets up and pulls out the money, splitting it in half and handing it over to Sherlock. "He wanted you to notice Sherlock. Why do you think that was? What's the point in paying someone off to tell you all those little secrets if you're going to make it obvious to the person you're spying on?" Mrs. Hudson hands Olivia a cup of tea with she thanks her for as she sits back on the couch, crossing her legs.

"Is this the beginning of it all? Am I part of the secret Sherlock circle now? We could form a secret society and get matching hats." She smirks seeing as she meant the last remark as a jab at Sherlock's favorite fashion article as she sips the tea, eyeing Sherlock over the edge of the cup. Her gaze shifts to John as she lowers her cup. "Did you not take the money then, John? Loyalty is sweet, but it doesn't keep the rent paid. Isn't that right, Mrs. Hudson?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sherlock watched Olivia for a long moment. Contemplating her comments as he leaned back and stared out the window for a long moment before dragging his eyes back to her and crossing his fingers together on his lap as he took a deep breath. "Mrs. Hudson. I would appreciate a moment alone." He stated as John and Mrs. Hudson left, allowing Sherlock a minute alone with Olivia. She had overstepped her boundaries in Sherlock's mind.

"Ms. Moore. What is loyalty to you?" He asked after a moment of silence as his eyes dragged up to hers after a second. Crossing his legs as he leaned back in his seat, his elbows resting on the arms of his chairs as he kept his fingers folded as he looked at her with hidden intentions.

"Loyalty is knowing where to put your faith. And, I've put my faith in you by getting into that car. I could have been going to my death for all I knew. Being around you is a dangerous game, isn't it, Mr. Holmes? That's what everyone seems to say." She pauses for a moment, setting her cup on the coffee table. Her demeanor changing just a bit after she reexamines him. "Have I said something to upset you?"

She was genuinely concerned that she may have upset him and she didn't know why. She didn't like the fact that his opinions and his feelings had such a great effect on her after knowing each other for a brief period of time. She uncrosses her legs, leaning forward just a bit with her elbows on her knees and her hands folded.

"That was stupid of you then. Putting faith in a man whom you've known for not very long. Flattering of you to say, but there are very, very few who would stay loyal to me in the end." He stated before looking out the window for a moment, his grey eyes searching the roof lines for a moment before returning his eyes to her. "No. Being around me is not dangerous. Being one person I consider my friend is." He shook his head as he watched her lean forward.

"I find it offensive you would speak of any sort of financial involvements between my flatmate and I with your ignorance on any sort of subject. It would be the equivalent to me speaking about your sexual life around your parents." He stated giving her a fierce glance. "I may have stated that the door's open. But it can always close. Please keep that in mind. And keep your nose out of business that does not involve you."

She sits back and crosses her arms over her chest. A smirk ghosts her lips just for half a second and she starts nodding slowly. "Quite right. My apologies." She gets to her feet without another word to Sherlock, saying goodbye to John and thanking Mrs. Hudson for the tea and heading down to her flat. She needed a moment to think about how exactly she felt about the whole ordeal, not just what Sherlock said but being casually abducted by his brother.

Dropping onto her bed with her face in her pillow, she lets out a muffled scream. She didn't know what she was screaming about, but things felt a bit better after she had. This wasn't a game. Her moves didn't have to be plotted and perfected. This was real life and she made her own choices. She was her own person. Sherlock didn't own her. So, why did she feel so... strange?

He watched the smirk on her lips before sighing softly. Perhaps this girl was more trouble than she was worth. He didn't know, but Sherlock had soon forgotten about it as within the next few days, he was gone with John.

A man had appeared at their door, if anyone was keeping up with John's blog, that would be because Sherlock was bored and now accepting cases that were interesting. He only took on ones that resembled an actual mystery, and the man Henry Knight seemed to have all the right unknowns for it to add up to be perfect for Sherlock to solve. So off John and Sherlock went to Dartmoor to see what light they could shed on the subject. Within three days, the two were back on Baker Street and Sherlock was absolutely buzzing about the events. The one thing Sherlock had managed to forget in his organized chaos was Olivia, whom last seen was that encounter in his apartment. John and Sherlock were sitting, speaking about the events from the previous days as they often did after a case. Mrs. Hudson had come up the stairs to welcome them home and chat, and the tree were sitting, enjoying a quiet conversation.

Olivia had receded into her room for the next few days. She had to sort out her feelings about Sherlock, but keeping to herself only allowed her funny, little mind to continue to concoct explanations in order to shroud her true feelings. How long had it been since they met? About a week? In just about a week, Sherlock had thrown everything she knew about her own feelings, everything she knew about herself out the window. No, she hadn't gotten to the point where anyone could claim it was love, but it was certainly something. And, the fact that she couldn't place it drove her insane.

Hearing that Sherlock and John would soon return, she decided to head out to grab a welcome home present with the first payment of her spying-on-Sherlock allowance. She picks up a moderately priced bottle of wine but, knowing absolutely nothing about wine, it could end up being absolutely awful. It was the cookies all over again. When she returns, she hears the chatter of the three up in 221B. She walks up the stairs and knocks on the door.

She hands the bottle over to John, who opens the door. "Just wanted to say welcome back and congratulations on another case solved. What would the world do without the two of you?" She laughs softly, starting back down the stairs and pausing to say, "Well, that's all. Just wanted to pop in and out." She definitely wasn't mad at Sherlock. She wouldn't hold a grudge over something like that. She just didn't feel like seeing him or talking to him at the moment. That totally wasn't being mad.

Sherlock paused as he watched her enter with wine, she handed it to John, and he didn't say anything as John thanked her before setting it down. Murmuring one moment before walking down the stairs after her as he called her name softly. John was clearly nervous after calling her name, and bit his lip before sighing at himself. "Olivia. Would you like to grab a cup of tea together sometime? Perhaps as...as a date?" John eventually able to get out as he bit his lip in nervousness.

John had been waiting to do this sort of thing for a few days now, he enjoyed talking to her and spending time, and he simply wanted to see if they would be a good match together, as he only ever seemed to see her in the hallway with a brief conversation. He figured it was him time to start getting back out there again.

"A date?" Her eyes widen a bit and she stops mid-step, turning back around to face. Did he have to do this now? With Sherlock and Mrs. Hudson in earshot? "I.. didn't know that you..." Olivia chuckles awkwardly, scratching the back of her neck. She didn't want to say no and send him back to whatever Sherlock would have in store for him. Then again, she didn't want to lead him on. But, it was only one date. One date wasn't a commitment. It was testing the waters. Maybe she might even like it.

"Uh, yeah. Sure. Um, I don't get out much so whenever you'd like, you know where to find me." She smiles at John before heading toward 221C again, pausing to glance back at John. Slipping into her flat, she drops onto her couch with a sigh. "Why have I just gotten myself into?" She mumbles to herself, shaking her head with a chuckle. This should be fun.

John smiled happily at her as he nodded. "Tomorrow at 7 PM. It is." He stated before going back inside to his flat and shutting the door. He was thrilled, Sherlock, who had heard, was not. He was rather angry about it to be completely truthful. But he didn't have any reason to be. Putting on a facade, he continued their conversation before turning in early for bed and getting up early in the morning around one, and began playing a sad song he had composed.

That evening when John was getting ready, Sherlock was standing in the window, playing a song as well. Not bothering to talk to John as Sherlock attempted to sort out his confusing feelings. He didn't even know what he was upset about. He had no reason to be upset after all. There was none. But when John said he was leaving, Sherlock only played louder to drown out his voice. Sighing at himself as he shook his head. He was being ridiculous.

Olivia had spent three hours getting ready. Her biggest issue was deciding on an outfit. She wanted to wear something that wasn't too formal or too causal and didn't say 'I'm totally into you' or 'I'm not into you at all.' She finally decides on a dark blue dress that fit her snugly with sleeves that fell looser than the rest of the fabric in large ruffles. It felt both casual and formal enough for whatever John had planned. He had said tea but tea didn't always mean just tea and she would hate to under or overdress.

Olivia slips out of her flat just as John is descending the stairs, followed by obnoxious loud violin. "Oh, John! Is this a bit much? I've had an awful time deciding on what to wear." She laughs and does a quick spin for him to examine the dress. "I could always pop back in and change." Olivia was nervous, but she was doing her best to hide it. Mostly because she couldn't pinpoint exactly what was making her nervous.

John smiled at her and nodded softly. "You look lovely, Olivia." He said offering her his arm as he headed outside with her, walking her down to street to a small tea shop. Buying her a cup of tea as they sat and chatted. The longer they chatted the sense of normality grew, and John slowly realized that they probably shouldn't pursue romantics. Yes, they got along well, but there wasn't that chemistry that they needed for them to really hit it off. Oh well, it never hurt just to try.

By the time their evening had come to a close, it was clear to both that they should remain friends, and as they walked back chatting, there was no sound of violin to be heard from 221. Once he had brought her home, he went up to his own apartment to see where Sherlock was, to find the flat empty of his flatmate. Wondering where he might've run off to as he sighed gently. Perhaps the date was a bad idea, John knew Sherlock would never admit it, or potentially know what was going on with his emotions. But John was pretty positive that Sherlock fancied Olivia.

The night was fun but it wasn't something that should be done again any time soon. Or ever. John and Olivia could have a great night out as friends, but not as anything more. She was entirely relived when he admitted that he felt the same. Walking into Baker Street to hear silence, she says good night to John along with a joke about how he should have called a babysitter for Sherlock. She slips into her flat, rubbing her forehead. "That definitely could have gone a lot worse."

When she had gone to pick up a welcome home gift, she had picked up a bottle for herself. She turns on the television and drops onto her couch, opening the bottle. "But, nothing can beat a night in." Flicking through channels, she stops on a romantic comedy. She slips off her shoes, tossing them toward the door, and snuggles into the couch.

Sherlock was out.

John spent the night reading on the couch before going to bed as he sighed softly to himself. He pondered his relationship with Olivia, perhaps they were only meant to be just friends. Some people got so upset when there wasn't a connection between them and their date, which John had never understood. He thought about ideas such as that before eventually succumbing to sleep in his nice bed.

Sherlock was out.

The next morning, John got up, and headed into the kitchen. Putting on a pot of coffee as he sighed slightly to himself. Another morning of work. Waiting for the coffee to brew, he headed to the bathroom, taking a quick shower before getting dressed and combing his hair in the usual way for work before getting the coffee and sitting down at the table as he read the daily paper. Eventually John left for work, and headed down the stairs and out the door.

Sherlock was out.

That evening when John returned, he began feeling slightly worried as to where Sherlock had been, but he assumed everything was alright because Sherlock hadn't texted him for help or some menial chore. Everything was fine with John until was sitting in his usual spot reading and he heard a chirping noise from a phone. John's eyes landed on it and John's eyes widened slightly. It was Sherlock's.

Sherlock was out.

John grew increasingly worried when the following evening he had returned from work and their was still no sign of Sherlock and no response from Mycroft about his brother. Though it was unlikely he knew, he figured he possibly would know. John rested uneasy that night, hoping his friend was safe and alright.

Sherlock was gone.

Baker Street was far too quiet and calm, especially after the fact that John had just had a date. With Olivia, no less. Sherlock had to have some smart comment that would spark an argument between him and John. Olivia was worried when she woke up with a solid eight hours of sleep two nights in a row. Since she moved into Baker Street, that had never happened. Olivia throws on some more appropriate clothes and jogs up to 221B, her makeup from the previous night smudged from falling asleep on the couch. "John? Have you seen Sherlock?"

She was hoping that he had just fallen into one of his moods. But, seeing John's face, she knew that wasn't the case. Olivia was biting her lip, bouncing around, and pacing. She had never been so worried in her life. Sherlock had just disappeared without a trace. "We need to find him, John. For all we know, he could be..." He voice trails off and she shakes her head. Why do I care? Why? Why do I care so much it's making sick to know that he just vanished?

John sighed softly as he looked at her nodding softly. He knew what he needed to do, but that didn't mean he wanted to. Sherlock was good at hiding. Very good at it in deed. "I know. I have work this morning. Do you want to start looking? And when I get off I will as well?" He suggested, and when she agreed, they began on their separate paths.

Sherlock was hiding from all things and people except Molly. He was sitting in the lab, googles on as she moved around, actually working as he sighed softly. He didn't want to face anyone, so he threw himself into some research and Molly had agreed to hide him out there for a few days before he decided to make himself known again.

Olivia grabs his phone before heading out of 221B, scanning through his contacts. She dials the number for someone that Sherlock seems to be in contact with quite often as she waves down a taxi. "Hello? Yes, is this Detective Inspector Lestrade? I'm a friend of Sherlock's. Well, I use friend lightly. Anyway, he's disappeared. Have you seen him at all?" She hops in the cab and chats with DI Lestrade for a bit to no avail. Going through his contacts one by one, it seems that no one has heard from or seen Sherlock recently. Most of his contacts weren't too keen on being called at all.

Olivia was just on the verge of giving up when she dials Molly's number. It rings out and Olivia decides to leave a voice mail. "Hello. Is this Molly Hooper? My names is Olivia Moore. I'm a friend of John's and an acquaintance of Sherlock's. Have you seen Sherlock at all? If I'm honest with you, I've been worried sick about him. I've been all around London and calling all of his contacts all day. He left his phone back at Baker Street and didn't tell me or John about wherever he was popping off to. It's really important to me to know that he's okay. So, if you could just call back if you know anything? Thanks so much." (A Date With John And Missing Sherlock)

Molly Hooper was excited. Sherlock had been trying to hide from John and his neighbor and he came to HER. Not Lestrade or his brother. Sherlock came to Molly. He wanted to sit with her in her lab and have her help him with experiments. She was beyond happy. For the last few hours he had been sitting in silence staring through a microscope, taking notes on a note pad and occasionally asking her for a new slid or for a cup of tea. Which she was happy to oblige. Having known Sherlock for a few years, she knew to just sit and not say much while they worked. If she did he would get annoyed and leave, so she got to sit with him working next to her working. She was over the moon.

After a while, he asked if they could do lunch, indicating what he was doing wasn't entirely important seeing that he was in the mood for food. She nodded, and left to grab sandwiches for the Cafeteria before returning with Sherlock's favorite and her own ham and cheese. Since it was lunch, she was allowed to get her phone. Noticing a missed call from Sherlock as she looked up at him with raised eye brows. "Sherlock...I have a missed call from you." She said confused, he'd been in here with her for the last few days.

He looked up at her surprised, before swallowing his bite. "Did they leave a message?" He asked as he wiped his mouth.

She nodded and listened to it before glancing at him surprised, before handing it over to him to listen as he sighed gently. "I just wanted some peace." He murmured in disdain. "Is it alright if I respond through text message?"

Molly nodded gently at him as she murmured a quiet 'yes'. His thumbs typed out a quick message before handing her phone back to her and the continued. The message he sent was ''I'm fine. Working. -SH."

Hearing the notification, Olivia looks down at the phone with a relieved sigh. Although the message was short, she was to happy to have received anything at all from him. She informs the taxi driver to drive to Baker Street as she types out a reply. She sends the first two messages almost immediately but there is a few minutes between the second and third. Figuring that Sherlock would see this as meddling, she had hesitated. But, it was said and done now and she was heading back to Baker Street.

Molly
them
I'm fine. Working -SH
me
Next time, take your phone when you decide to disappear for days on end, if you would.
me
John was worried.
me
I was, too.

Olivia jogs up to 221B and knocks on the door which pushes it open slightly. John must have been in a rush when he left. She walks into 221B, setting Sherlock's phone back where she found it. Leaving a small note under the phone that wouldn't be noticed unless the phone was picked up. The note was short and provided her phone number and a simple "If you should need to contact me." If at all possible, she was hoping to avoid future incidents like this. Exiting 221B and shutting the door, she drops back into her flat, trying not to be too concerned about that fact that Sherlock heard her say she was worried sick about him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sherlock returned home late, and John stood up when he walked inside. Sherlock sighed softly and shook his head as he sat down in his spot. "I know John."

"What do you know Sherlock?! That you messed up and disappeared of the planet for three days with no contact and no phone! I was worried sick Sherlock! You can't just do that!"

"I know John. I just wanted to leave for a few days."

"Sherlock you can't do that! I was worried sick, you didn't tell anyone!"

"I'm sorry John. I didn't want to see anyone!''

"And why not?! No one had done anything to you! You were just throwing a tantrum because I wasn't dedicating all of my time to you!"

"I was not throwing a tantrum!" Sherlock shouted and shook his head in anger.

Once again, Baker Street was filled with shouting. The argument brought a smile to Olivia's face, knowing that Sherlock was home. She had the urge to scold him for disappearing as well, but she felt that she should probably leave that to John. She was fairly certain that something she had done made Sherlock disappear for 'work' so she didn't want to push him to do it anything. Olivia gets ready for bed, eventually falling asleep to the two's bickering.

Olivia wakes up later the next day to the peculiar silence returning. John must be out, otherwise they would probably still be arguing. She gets ready for the day, mainly running errands in which she was so rudely interrupted last time, deciding to apply makeup for what in her mind was no particular reason. Usually, if she was just running about town and picking up this or that, she would leave off the makeup. But, her brain had made a subconscious decision and she had no reason to refuse. She walks out of her apartment, pausing to call up to 221B. "Sherlock? John? I'm going to the store. Do ya need anythin'?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back