• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

BBC Sherlock: A Good Neighbor

Sherlock watched as she flew past him as he rolled his eyes. Reaching the bottom step as she waited before nodding. Looking down at her with a soft smirk, "Olivia, I am not a virgin." He said simply before heading out onto the street.

"Are you certain?" She asks teasingly, stepping out into the sunshine after him. Squinting a bit, she shields her eyes and looks to the sky. "Not a cloud in the sky." She remarks as if Sherlock couldn't come to that conclusion on his own.

He pulled the door shut behind them as he began walking towards the grocery shop as he glanced down at her. "Olivia. I've had sex a decent amount of times." He said watching her before raising an eye brow. "I know most people think that I'm not romantic, and therefore not sexually active, but both of those statements are false."

She has to walk a bit quicker than she's used to to keep up with Sherlock's longer strides. Nonetheless, she was still beaming up at him. "I'm only teasing. Besides what you did in your spare time in the past is none of my business." She pauses before adding teasingly, "What you do in your spare time now is my business."

He glanced down at her as he raised an eye brow with a growing smile as he shrugged lightly. "I suppose it would seem to be that way now." He murmured to her with a light shrug again before heading into the store as they walked towards the fruit aisle.

"Mm, your affirmation now poses a new question. Are we in a relationship? Are we boyfriend/girlfriend? Are we dating? Are we just seeing each other? Testing the waters?" She chuckles, examining a pile of watermelons before lifting her gaze back to him with a lopsided grin. "Do you think I could put one of those under my shirt and pretend I'm pregnant? They do that always sort of thing in movies. I don't think it would ever work out really."

He glanced down at her as he rubbed his chin while thinking. "I don't care what we are as long as you're close. So you can decide what we are." He said smiling down at her as he shook his head. "No, I don't think that works very well." He said laughing softly.

"Well, we could always perform a scientific experiment to test that theory." She laughs, staring at the watermelon for a moment longer until the thought of actually being pregnant crosses her mind. She wasn't getting any younger and it was probably something she should start considering. Shaking off the thought, her smile falters for a only a second and her tone returns to a more serious level. "So, uh, what do we need to get?"

He was currently holding an onion and a few fruits as he glanced up at her with a smile. "You just come with me. I can get it all." He said smiling as he headed towards the dairy aisles. "What color are you feeling today?"

She chuckles softly at the question. It seemed like such a silly thing when he said it. Her gaze hops from color to color until she finally settles on one. "Green." She states firmly as she reaches for a gallon.

He nodded with a smile as he let her hold it before moving to grab some eggs as he smiled down at her. Holding them as he stood there thinking about what else he needed. "Olivia...you're gonna need your own things right? What do you need?"

Her gaze falls to the ground as she thinks over the laundry list of things she could say. "Food-wise, I think you've handled that. But I'll certainly need a new wardrobe." She gives him a sideways glance and a lopsided smile. "Or at least a new outfit."

He looked down at her with a raised eye brow as he smirked and looked over at her as he headed to the toiletries aisle. "I was thinking more about tooth brushes, tooth paste, hair brushes, feminine products, make up. Whatever you need. We can get clothing at another store."

"You're so smart. What would I ever do without you?" She gushes jokingly with a soft chuckle. "All of the above sounds like a good idea. But I'd hate to be such a freeloader. I'll have to figure out some way to return the favor."

He glanced down at her as he raised an eye brow with a smile. Steering her towards toothbrushes and hair brushes as he waited for her to pick something. "Why don't you resume your blog which you had received revenue on, and also apply for a part-time job?"

"That's not what I meant. I'd do that anyway. I mean that I need to do something as a proper, actual thank you. You've saved my life after all. You've literally saved my life." She shakes her head, slightly with a small laugh of disbelief. Saying it out loud was far stranger than thinking it. Examining the variety of brushes in front of her for a moment, she thinks for a moment before grabbing the cheapest ones. She hardly wanted him spending a fortune on her.

He nodded softly in agreement as they headed towards the exit and smiled softly at her. He didn't feel the need to comment on this situation, he was glad to help her out. He didn't have many people close to his heart, but she was very close indeed.

"Thank you. Really." She mutters just loud enough for him to hear, her voice full of emotion, as they walk up to the nearest checkout lane. "I'd be dead if you hadn't done what you did. And I don't just mean--" She cuts herself off with a shake of her head, scolding herself for being such a downer. "You sure that's everything?"

He nodded softly as she smiled and rubbed the back of his neck as they checked out, paying for everything as they smiled. When they had paid, he took her hand and began leading her towards the door. Walking down the street as he smiled down at her. "You're welcome."

She leans into him a bit as they walk. He was all she had in the world now. He was her only possession that meant anything and she would be damned and she let anything take him away after the fight she's put up for him. She glances over to him before looking ahead again with a smile. "I love you."

He looked ahead as they walked, very aware of her presence as they walked close to one another. Smiling softly when he glanced down on her face when she murmured her love with a giant grin he leaned down and pressed his lips to her forehead. "I love you too."

They walk for a moment in content silence before a question comes tumbling out of her mouth. She had no time to think about it as the words were spoken on their own, as if someone else entirely had asked the question. "Do you want to have kids?" After she heard herself speak, she was certain she had scared him off for good. First talk of his previous love life and now about children. She was quite certain what had gotten into her.

He looked down at her surprised at the question as he stopped to think about it as they walked. Growing completely silent for a few minutes as he thought about it before eventually shrugging. "I suppose...I don't think I'd be a very good dad though."

Hundreds of thoughts fought to be formulated into words but she bit them back, thinking that none of them were the right thing to say. She takes a long pause, considering the right thing to say before the words could escape on their own. After a few moments, she settles on, "I think you'd be a good dad."

Sherlock glanced down at her with a slight frown. She was just saying that so that his ego wouldn't be shot. "I'm not very good with adults, what makes you think I'd be very good with children? I'm never around them, they don't tend to be intelligent. I dunno. I feel like I'd be pretty horrible with them. I don't want to screw up and be a horrible father."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back