• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Batman & Co Drama/Mystery RP *OPEN*

DatBoi

Hot diggidy dawg
16bf57e5a96e8e1e3f017740fd659222-d2oa9u4.jpg
Plot:
I can’t reveal much. Like, at all. A lot depends on what characters we end up getting. For instance, I’ll have to add a whole branch on if we get enough members of the Birds of Prey. Also, I don’t want to reveal things. This is a mystery role play; you will not know the answers until the end.

The premise is this:

A string of murders across Gotham have gothamites terrified. Children disappear on a Sunday, usually after midday. Usually one child, sometimes up to three. Always between the ages of 8-19. If they turn up at all, it’s on a Wednesday. The body will be found in a public place in the early hours of the morning.

Police are stumped. There’s no reason, no pattern to the killings. The number differs. The age greatly differs. Some times the body shows up, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes the body is mutilated almost beyond recognition, sometimes not a hair is out of place. Only one thing connects the brutal killings: rocks laid around the body in a perfect circle, mathematically measured carefully placed.

Batman is on the case; of course he is. He was on the case nearly two months before, when the murders first began. And so is everyone else.

Tone:
I want the tone to reflect that of canon. Dark, mysterious, freckled with lighter moments of bonding or humour.

Mechanics:
I will be feeding a lot of this to the characters. With a mystery plot like this, I’ll have to. Each day will be stated before the writing begins, and each day will have new opportunities open to the characters. A new crime scene, or evidence, or body. The writers will be allowed to choose how and what their character investigates. Batman, of course, will likely be giving the orders but whether or not they are obeyed depends. But be careful; a day only goes on for so long and once the next day begins, there will be even more to do. And watch out for Sundays and Wednesdays; they’re killers...literally.

The Batman:
Ok, Bats and his decisions are going to be very important in this RP. That is to say, they’re going to need to be pre-planned by me so that certain plot points can come into play. The problem is, I don’t think I’m going to be able to write all of the scenery, clues, suspects, crimes, and as a character of my choice as well as taking on Batman himself. I’m only human. If someone wants to take him, they’re going to need to be in constant contact with me. I won’t be controlling his movements or decisions or inner thoughts, just his orders.

That being said, if no-one is willing to do this then I can try to take him on. I just don’t think it would do the character justice.

Timeline:
It doesn’t take place at any specific time in the DC timeline. You can have any character at any stage in their arc that you would like, so long as it doesn’t outright contradict any already-existing character’s.

Characters:
All underlined characters have already been reserved. Two character max per player, if you’re up for it.

I’m actively looking for the following:
Bruce Wayne (Batman, early-mid 40s)
Dick Grayson (Nightwing, mid-late 20s)

Barbara Gordon (Oracle or Batgirl, mid-late 20s)
Jason Todd (Red Hood, early-mid 20s)
Cassandra Cain (Black Bat, early-mid 20s)
Tim Drake (Red Robin, mid-late teens)
Stephanie Brown (Spoiler or Batgirl, mid-late teens)
Damian Wayne (Robin, pre-teen)

I will accept the following:
Alfred Pennyworth (Idk, old)
The Joker (Age and birth name unknown)
Slade Wilson (Deathstroke,)
Dr Thomas Elliot (Hush)
Harvey Dent (Two-Face)
Basil Karlo (Clayface)
Helena Bertinelli (Huntress, 20s)
Selina Kyle (Catwoman, 40s)
Duke Thomas (Signal)

Kate Kane (Batwoman)
Harper Row (Bluebird, early 20s)
Any Gotham-based member of the Birds of Prey
Luke Fox (Batwing, 20s)
Jean Paul Valley (Azrael, 30s)
Other (if you want to ask for someone)

I will not accept the following;
Lucius Fox
Commissioner Jim/James Gordon
Helena Wayne
Silver age Betty or Kathy Kane
Carrie Kelly
Any alternate versions of characters
Heroes that are not Gotham based

I can guarantee that no matter what character/s you take on, they will always have some part to play, something to do. Even someone like Alfred, who often doesn’t play a large role in typical arcs, will always have an important part to play. I will make sure of that.

Two characters max per player, if you’re up for it. Have fun!

THIS IS GOING TO BE COMPLICATED. You will be confused, but things should hopefully come together in the end. It will require dedication from all writers. Posts don’t need to be huge, 1-2 paragraphs average, but they need to be regular. If you can’t average at least 3 a week, this isn’t the role play for you.

Finally, it’s likely it will take a while for an acceptable amount of spots to be filled. We will not begin until at least all of the characters I’m actively looking for are taken. After that, I’ll wait a further 2 weeks or so for any stragglers because once we begin no one else will be accepted.

If this goes well I might consider a sequel. On a bigger scale though, so more characters are available. Beyond the bats, so to speak. We’ll see, as time goes on.

I look forward to writing with you :)

Character Sheets are here
OOC can be found here

Last edited:
Ah, I'd be interested in this! When it comes to characters, I'd be glad to play Dick Grayson/Nightwing for you, if that would be alright. (:

I'd probably make it so Jason is only working with them to crack the case, and has no means of actually being a part fo the team (in spite of having to work with them quite a bit)

I'd probably make it so Jason is only working with them to crack the case, and has no means of actually being a part fo the team (in spite of having to work with them quite a bit)
Sounds great! I was hoping whoever took Jason would do something like that.

sounds interesting

Hmm the hacker, the ninja, the genius, or the goofball. What would be the most important skill to solve this case? Hacking nah Bruce can handle that, fighting skills nah everyone is decent even though Cass can still kick their butts if she wanted to, smarts that might be able to solve the case before anyone else can maybe, or waffles wait that's it waffles solve all cases!!!

1516707155208.png Clearly Steph is needed to solve this case because waffles are perfect circles too. :33:

sounds interesting

Hmm the hacker, the ninja, the genius, or the goofball. What would be the most important skill to solve this case? Hacking nah Bruce can handle that, fighting skills nah everyone is decent even though Cass can still kick their butts if she wanted to, smarts that might be able to solve the case before anyone else can maybe, or waffles wait that's it waffles solve all cases!!!

View attachment 391047 Clearly Steph is needed to solve this case because waffles are perfect circles too. :33:
Obviously, the Power of Waffles is the only thing that could possibly save the citizens of Gotham!

Glad to have you aboard :)

This would be my first and probably not best attempt at the character, but hey good time for firsts. Usually I would prefer to do another character too, but I don't think he'd fit in this RP or the reason I'd give to jump in wouldn't be compelling enough.

But anyway, I'd like to reserve the Batman himself. Bruce.

This would be my first and probably not best attempt at the character, but hey good time for firsts. Usually I would prefer to do another character too, but I don't think he'd fit in this RP or the reason I'd give to jump in wouldn't be compelling enough.

But anyway, I'd like to reserve the Batman himself. Bruce.
There’s a first time for everything. Who was the other character you were considering? I could consider whether their addition would be natural or not if you would like me to do so.

I am also hoping you have read and accepted the slightly different mechanics of playing the big bad Bats himself?

Nevertheless, welcome to the team!

There’s a first time for everything. Who was the other character you were considering? I could consider whether their addition would be natural or not if you would like me to do so.

I am also hoping you have read and accepted the slightly different mechanics of playing the big bad Bats himself?

Nevertheless, welcome to the team!
Yes, I read everything carefully and I know that this requires careful cooperation and collaboration to make sure things flow in a general manner that you would require.

Also usually with DC RPs especially with more mystery elements I tend to vouch for the inclusion of Deathstroke. I was thinking he would have been hired by the distraught parents of the victims collectively to hunt down and murder whoever is behind the acts.

I suppose it would also cause conflict with the Bat-family as they try to also stop Deathstroke from killing whoever is behind it (Obviously with the exception of Jason Todd who would probably then go after Deathstroke)

But considering Deathstroke's intelligence is above Batman I don't know whether that'd be too game changing. Maybe he'd belong more in the sequel if we finish this.

Basically I was thinking overall it would add some more stakes to everything, and some conflict. Even though I would not deliberately go out to cause conflict for the sake of it. But it's your call. Deathstroke is a character I am more accustomed to using.

No matter what I will respect your decision and still be on board with this RP, I just thought there would be no true harm in asking so I thought I might as well try and see what happens.

Yes, I read everything carefully and I know that this requires careful cooperation and collaboration to make sure things flow in a general manner that you would require.

Also usually with DC RPs especially with more mystery elements I tend to vouch for the inclusion of Deathstroke. I was thinking he would have been hired by the distraught parents of the victims collectively to hunt down and murder whoever is behind the acts.

I suppose it would also cause conflict with the Bat-family as they try to also stop Deathstroke from killing whoever is behind it (Obviously with the exception of Jason Todd who would probably then go after Deathstroke)

But considering Deathstroke's intelligence is above Batman I don't know whether that'd be too game changing. Maybe he'd belong more in the sequel if we finish this.

Basically I was thinking overall it would add some more stakes to everything, and some conflict. Even though I would not deliberately go out to cause conflict for the sake of it. But it's your call. Deathstroke is a character I am more accustomed to using.

No matter what I will respect your decision and still be on board with this RP, I just thought there would be no true harm in asking so I thought I might as well try and see what happens.
Thank you very much for your support, and I appreciate cooperation.

I do like the idea of Deathstroke being involved. I completely agree that it would add quite a bit more conflict. It would also add a sort of deadline, with the Bats having to solve it before Deathstroke. Though I will have to ask for fin fin ’s opinion on the matter, seeing as it would affect Jason’s character and his decisions quite a bit.

If he were to be brought in, I’d prefer it isn’t from the beginning. Is he were hired by the parents of the victim/s some way down the line, that would fit in a bit better with the plans I have.

Thoughts?

Yeah I can totally agree with what you have to say and when Deathstroke could be brought into the mix should the RPer doing Red Hood allow him as well since it has an impact on him.

I appreciate the flexibility, I am very excited to go through with this.

Yeah I can totally agree with what you have to say and when Deathstroke could be brought into the mix should the RPer doing Red Hood allow him as well since it has an impact on him.

I appreciate the flexibility, I am very excited to go through with this.
Thank you for understanding. If we hear a positive from Finesse, I’ll reserve Deathstroke for you.

Great to have you writing with us :)

Thank you for understanding. If we hear a positive from Finesse, I’ll reserve Deathstroke for you.

Great to have you writing with us :)
You're welcome, anywho think it'd be a good time to start discussing the things related to Batman and whatnot? Or did you want to wait on that a bit?

You're welcome, anywho think it'd be a good time to start discussing the things related to Batman and whatnot? Or did you want to wait on that a bit?
We’re going to have to wait on a lot of it, as almost everything depends on what characters are gathered. I’ll start a PM with you, though, to give you a basic run down of everything you’ll need to know.

Unfortunately I’m going out in a few minutes, so I’m afraid it might take a while.

Last edited:
Bruce-y Boy's not taken is he? If so, I'd like to play your Batman. :)

EDIT: Never mind, just saw he's already been reserved. In that case, I'd like to reserve 2 characters, if that's ok.

Alfred Pennyworth, and The Joker. I know Mr. J's not on the list, but I figured I would still ask just in case you had any plans for him. :P

Bruce-y Boy's not taken is he? If so, I'd like to play your Batman. :)

EDIT: Never mind, just saw he's already been reserved. In that case, I'd like to reserve 2 characters, if that's ok.

Alfred Pennyworth, and The Joker. I know Mr. J's not on the list, but I figured I would still ask just in case you had any plans for him. :P
I’ll happily reserve Alfred for you :)

However, I would like to hear how you are planning on integrating Joker into the plot first. For example, refer to what Omen of Death has done with Deathstroke. I’m going to need a reason, how his involvement would affect the other characters and about what time in the plot he would be introduced, if that’s all good with you :)

I’ll happily reserve Alfred for you :)

However, I would like to hear how you are planning on integrating Joker into the plot first. For example, refer to what Omen of Death has done with Deathstroke. I’m going to need a reason, how his involvement would affect the other characters and about what time in the plot he would be introduced, if that’s all good with you :)

Thank you for reserving Alfred for me!

As for the inclusion of The Joker into the plot, here's what I had in mind. The Joker could be a prime suspect for the murders taking place right? Kidnapping children and leaving their mutilated corpses for the police and his best buddy Batman to find seems right up the Clown Prince of Crime's alley. Here's the kicker though. Just this once, The Joker is 100% innocent. The Joker is furious, not only because he's tired of everyone blaming him for this, more that he's both jealous that he didn't come up with the idea first, and that some hotshot mystery man is taking away all the infamy and attention that should belong to him, Batman's greatest enemy, the reason why even Arkham's craziest inmates still wet themselves at night. The Joker wants to nip this upstart punk in the bud, and what better way to do that? By teaming up with The World's Greatest Detective, of course! That's right, just this once, The Joker wants to team up with his closest, bestest buddy in the whole wide world, Tall, Dark, and Brooding himself. Sort of an "Uneasy Alliance/The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend" kinda thing. I think it'd be really interesting. :)

Thank you for reserving Alfred for me!

As for the inclusion of The Joker into the plot, here's what I had in mind. The Joker could be a prime suspect for the murders taking place right? Kidnapping children and leaving their mutilated corpses for the police and his best buddy Batman to find seems right up the Clown Prince of Crime's alley. Here's the kicker though. Just this once, The Joker is 100% innocent. The Joker is furious, not only because he's tired of everyone blaming him for this, more that he's both jealous that he didn't come up with the idea first, and that some hotshot mystery man is taking away all the infamy and attention that should belong to him, Batman's greatest enemy, the reason why even Arkham's craziest inmates still wet themselves at night. The Joker wants to nip this upstart punk in the bud, and what better way to do that? By teaming up with The World's Greatest Detective, of course! That's right, just this once, The Joker wants to team up with his closest, bestest buddy in the whole wide world, Tall, Dark, and Brooding himself. Sort of an "Uneasy Alliance/The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend" kinda thing. I think it'd be really interesting. :)
I like the idea of Joker being jealous that someone was taking Batsy’s attention from him. I can totally see that happening. Though I don’t believe Batman would have ever considered Joker a likely suspect; it’s not like the guy to follow a schedule, or to keep his involvement secret. That could possibly add the J’s anger, though.

I can’t see many versions of Batman accepting that team up. Or at least not until things get really desperate (which, trust me, they will) or unless using Joker is the only way to save lives. The ONLY way. I have no problem with working that into the plot at some point, but it won’t be until much later on.

Certainly other members of the Bat-Clan wouldn’t have such qualms, though. I could see Joker having things to do earlier in the story, just not with Batman himself. He could have his own side plot going on (trying to get Bats’ attention in increasingly gusome ways, trying to find the guy himself) but likely wouldn’t be a huge factor until much later on in the story.

Would that be acceptable to you?

Notice for everyone:
I’m planning on this being a Hosted Project. That means I won’t be able to create it until I add another 24 posts to my post count (which shouldn’t affect things too much).

If you’re against this idea, please speak up and I’ll se what we can compromise <3

I like the idea of Joker being jealous that someone was taking Batsy’s attention from him. I can totally see that happening. Though I don’t believe Batman would have ever considered Joker a likely suspect; it’s not like the guy to follow a schedule, or to keep his involvement secret. That could possibly add the J’s anger, though.

I can’t see many versions of Batman accepting that team up. Or at least not until things get really desperate (which, trust me, they will) or unless using Joker is the only way to save lives. The ONLY way. I have no problem with working that into the plot at some point, but it won’t be until much later on.

Certainly other members of the Bat-Clan wouldn’t have such qualms, though. I could see Joker having things to do earlier in the story, just not with Batman himself. He could have his own side plot going on (trying to get Bats’ attention in increasingly gusome ways, trying to find the guy himself) but likely wouldn’t be a huge factor until much later on in the story.

Would that be acceptable to you?
Fine by me. I wouldn't expect Batman to accept The Joker's help right away. But yeah, I like the idea of The Joker conducting his own investigation in the beginning (and committing even more gruesome crimes and murders just to get Batman to pay attention to him over this upstart while doing so). I also like the idea of him having run-ins with the other members of the Bat-Clan during his investigation. Yeah, I'm ok with this. In the beginning I'll have Mr. J conduct his own investigation on this while at the same time trying to compete with the real perp for Bats's attention, and later down the line when things get dire, he and the Caped Crusader will begrudgingly work together. I like that. :)

As for the hosted project, I'm fine either way. :) Whatever our DM thinks is best :P

Fine by me. I wouldn't expect Batman to accept The Joker's help right away. But yeah, I like the idea of The Joker conducting his own investigation in the beginning (and committing even more gruesome crimes and murders just to get Batman to pay attention to him over this upstart while doing so). I also like the idea of him having run-ins with the other members of the Bat-Clan during his investigation. Yeah, I'm ok with this. In the beginning I'll have Mr. J conduct his own investigation on this while at the same time trying to compete with the real perp for Bats's attention, and later down the line when things get dire, he and the Caped Crusader will begrudgingly work together. I like that. :)

As for the hosted project, I'm fine either way. :) Whatever our DM thinks is best :P
Great to hear! I’ll put ‘Mistah Jay’ down as taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back