• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Baldurs gate: anyone keen?

No need to cater to me, im happy with anything that fits the narrative.
So far that's two main things...

1) everyone starts as level 1
2) it makes sense they are working as guards for a caravan.

So long as they aren't immediately viewed as monsters and they aren't obvious murderhoboes the caravan would hire any who look able to handle themselves as the lot they hired fell to goblins and gnolls a week ago.

I'd have the cs page up by now but my showers broken and most of my attention is there aha
That said though most of you seem on the ball as far as character creation so yall can just get them ready to post or pm it to me if you want a head start.

Im thinking if we have four players I'll stick to a DM role and have a character drop in every so often to help nudge the party in a direction.
First off would be the folk hero Purpos Jarmii, a halfing bard/warlock who travels about defending those who need it.

Last edited:
Well, the minotaur might fit the role of a caravan guard by being a big bruiser more so than the cleric.... I'll have to think on this.

Are Minotaurs seen as sentient or more like monsters in typical dnd?

They have the same level of intelligence as a human, but are generally considered to be savage. The idea I have is that an encampment of minotaurs were set upon by a group of knights, and the character was just a baby that the head paladin couldn't bring himself to kill. So I was raised in a monastery and taught morals and values of the lawful good order.

Suppose if you treat it like a taller half orc with a plus to intimidate and that savage attack thing they got should be fine. Unless they got their own racial stats

Im surprised no one wants to do the stereotypical bard who talks every encounter to their own demise or seduction aha

The stat bonuses for the minotaur is +2 Str and +1 Con, with the bonus attack of a horn gore after a charge.

Hmmmm. I do have a good monk character background in mind. I can do that or maybe go with a rogue. Haven't played a rogue in a while. Whichever you like I can adapt to!
I had an idea for a few other classes in mind too. So if you really wanted to test out that monk story that's cool! Monk was just my first choice since it's the most solid in terms of my character story right now.
I have a
Warlock idea
Cleric idea
And funnily enough a bard idea XD

I had an idea for a few other classes in mind too. So if you really wanted to test out that monk story that's cool! Monk was just my first choice since it's the most solid in terms of my character story right now.
I have a
Warlock idea
Cleric idea
And funnily enough a bard idea XD
If you don't mind, then I'll go ahead and run with the monk idea.

Ok just making sure I wasn't assuming that I had sword/armor/shield and we weren't starting with that.

I hope that they are; I was planning on paying a variant human so I can start with the Feat Polearm Master for the extra attack.

Hmm here's a question about the Feat Polearm Master and the monk ability to take a bonus action to attack again. Do they stack? If not, I'll have to change my feat selection.

Hmm here's a question about the Feat Polearm Master and the monk ability to take a bonus action to attack again. Do they stack? If not, I'll have to change my feat selection.
I would think not, but that is a guess and I'm not the storyteller.

NeonFlow NeonFlow does basing it in BG3 mean Feats are available for this campaign?
Yea following game logic most classes get feats around 4, 8 and 12 presuming multiclassing isn't involved.
Im pretty sure you would need two bonus actions to make that happen.
Main attack has to happen first which enables extra attack or unarmed attack. Presuming you play a monk with a polearm.

Yea following game logic most classes get feats around 4, 8 and 12 presuming multiclassing isn't involved.

Im pretty sure you would need two bonus actions to make that happen.
Main attack has to happen first which enables extra attack or unarmed attack. Presuming you play a monk with a polearm.
That's what I was thinking, too. I'm still working on locking in my character build but I'm making progress.

Even so, you get to thwack someone with a primary attack then follow up with a kick to the nads as your bonus action at level one. Pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back