• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Balance

Taj

Too many ideas
A story is told of two lovers. One ruled over the living and one over the dead. A day came when they fought viciously, and he who ruled over the dead revealed that his heart belonged to her only in half for he had also fallen in love with another. Angry and heart broken, the queen of the living promised him that if he would only give her half of his heart, she would only give him half of hers. So she made it so that every human soul was bound to another by the same hatred she felt for her betrayer, and they would seek each other out and try to kill the other. The victor would be guaranteed a place in the afterlife upon their death while the fallen waits in an eternal purgatory. However, should neither be killed by their soulmate, they shall both be barred entry into the afterlife.

So here's a bit of a spin on the soulmate trope. Whether or not that story is true, in this world "soulmates" try to kill each other. The reason for this isn't an instinctive dislike or hatred but a cultural requirement and a belief that victory is the only path to the afterlife. Because it is ingrained since childhood as the social norm, no one refuses to play their part.
If a person dies of natural causes or some other reason before killing their soulmate, it is believed that neither will make it to the afterlife. Soulmates have the same complex design on the palm of their right hand.
It is believed that all soulmates will meet along the natural path of life, so typically people dont go out of their way to track theirs down.

On to the plot. Our characters are soulmates, but for whatever reason decide not to kill each other (situation that requires teamwork for either to survive, rebellion, etc.). Instead, they eventually fall in love. This has never happened before. They have to hide it, knowing that they'll be shunned should people find out.
I'd also like to add an actual plot so we have some solid direction for the role play, but I'll wait to see if anyone is interested before trying to come up with anything.

Technicalities

I'm typing this all on my phone at work so I'm not going to make it all fancy at this point, but please bear with me. My time zone is PST, I'm 20years old, will try to post at least once every day or every other day, write in 3rd person past tense, and will always deliver at least a solid paragraph or two, and more depending on circumstances. I don't have the time to write novels every day. I will play either the male or the female, it's up to you. I only ask that you try to be about as active as I am, write about as much (and in 3rd person past tense), and be a friendly person. Also I would prefer that you are at least 18 years old and no more than 25ish.

That's about it, I probably forgot some things but I'm in a hurry now. Please let me know if you're interested. Keep in mind that I'm not looking for an instant romance but a natural progression of friendship and trust that evolves into something more as we follow a regular plotline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back