Azae - A World At War - Out of Character Chat

Name: Roy  [SIZE=15.3333px]Gilgrend[/SIZE]

Race: Kildran

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Description: (physical, can include picture but should still write out)

Roy stands a little taller than the average Kildran male at 5’9”.  His small frame is generally hidden by his armor leading others to think is bigger than he really is.  Not wanting to carry a full suit of armor he wears leather armor outfitted with several plates of armor that enables him to move faster than many of the others he has fought along side of.   Roy’s unkempt blonde hair is kept short to be within the Kildran Royal Army.  His hair cut isn’t the only thing that resembles the miliary about Roy, he walks with a purpose and tries to stay aware of his surroundings.

Weapon of Choice: Longsword

Personality: Roy cares more for what he feels is right then the law of the land.  Every now and again this gets him into trouble. Those that he commands tend to view him as a friend who looks out for the whole team.  He puts others’ lives above his own and won't ask anyone to do something he wouldn’t do.  He is tolerant and reliable, but can be overly idealistic.  

Background:

I was lucky enough to born into a noble family of some worth.  Before the Fourth Kildran Civil War my Father, Lord  [SIZE=15.3333px]Gilgrend[/SIZE], was the Lord for the city named Gilgrend near Lake Vendel. I was born in Year 348 and my sister, Clara,  was born four years later in Year 352. My older brother had other duties as the first born son to deal with that left him away from us.  Most of my childhood was spent looking out for Clara since she  was always up to something.  Ditching our classes, getting lost outside of town.  Due to her constant trouble making Clara was also trained in swordsmanship along with me before I left for the military.

As part of a noble family leading forces in the Fourth Kildran Civil War I had to report the capital when I turned 16 in the Year 364 to join the Royal Kildran Army.  My father enlisted me in the forces that served Queen Suzane (a great choice).  This was a hard time to join any Kildran military group as the Fourth Kildran Civil War had been happening for the last 3 years.  This was trying time to serve, I watched many men die and dealt with the chaos of war.  I was in the Battle of Bore’s Den the last battle of the Fourth Kildran Civil War.

The Battle of Boar’s  Den changed me.  I still new to the army, wearing my full plate armor with sword and shield.  It was a heavy, hot, and miserable experience but I felt like I needed it at the time.  After the first moments of battle the lines dissolved and it was just groups of different uniforms running around the city.  The fires were so numerous and large I still remember it as being a battle that only lasted one very long day.  Screams of people burning to death mixed with those of the dying in combat all around me.  It was during the chaos that I saw a girl on the third story of a burning building.  I could see shadows of others running across the street in the distance, and with a deep breath I raised my shield as I charged into the slightly singed door.  I didn’t think as I kept moving forward, baking alive in all my armor in the inferno.  In what felt like an eternity I found the stairs and could feel them cracking under my weight.  In a few spots my foot broke through the floor and I had to rip it back up.   I got to the third floor, crawling on the floor to avoid the smoke I inched my way towards the room where I thought I saw the girl.  Still staring out the window I saw a girl about as old as I was.  She was pretty out of it, scared for good reason, as I approached her.  My hand on her shoulder startled her as she jumped away against the window still.  

I brang my hand up to my helmeted face with a finger extended signalling “shhh” as I looked out of the window.  There was a overhang underneath us that looked to be on the level of the  second floor.  Mustering all my courage I turned to her and said “I got this.”  More for my sake then hers, I grabbed her and climbed out of the window.  Putting myself between the ground and her we fell.  I misjudged the distance to the overhang, it was about 7 feet above the ground and it hurt a lot as I crashed through it.  I landed flat on my back the wind knocked out of me.  With the girl I shuffled across the ground to a building that didn’t look on fire, at least any more.  Feeling trapped inside my armor I tore off my helmet and started taking of other pieces.  

The girl sat down next to me, her face covered in soot and with singed clothes.  I found myself looking into her green eyes for a long moment before looking away.  After a moment I turned and offered my hand, “Roy, Forces of Queen Hildran.”

She nervously shook my hand, “Ayre” she replied barely audible above the sounds of fire around us.  Eventually I stood back up, I had to get back to work.  Throughout the rest of the battle Ayre followed me.  Since most of the lines had dissolved all I ran into was small groups of both sides and the occasional refugee.  Before the battle ended Ayre broke off to join a group of refugees.

It wasn't until my Father had been dead for several months that I heard of his death. The bad news was followed as my brother Kael had set off to avenge him. Before I even sent a message Kael had already earn himself exile. This left my Father's brother (my Uncle) as the Lord of [SIZE=15.3333px]Gilgrend. [/SIZE]

After the Battle of Boar’s Den I was stationed to a small village in the north as a sergeant in charge of the outpost in the village.  I enjoyed working the night shift, the quiet hours were calm and after Boar’s Den I needed it.   After a few years the lack of action started to wear on me.  I am ready to go back to a more active location.  One where I’m no longer dealing with common thieves trying to eat, but a cause worth serving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain_harlock.jpg

Name: Samson "Spoons" Finn

Race: Kildran

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Description: Smason stands a little taller than the average male at 6'.  His frame is not hugely muscular but still well built and strong from being on Corsair or merchant ships most of his days his clothing simple flowing and breathable all covered by a black cloak.  Not wanting to carry or wear armor as it would be far too restrictive relying on agility, good swordsmanship and a sharp mind to keep him safe. a scar under his left eye from a set of stitches that got reopened during a surprise attack from a merchant vessel they had attacked a few days before and failed to subdue and had tracked them down. Also even though he wears an eye patch both eyes work fine the eye patch keeps one eye in the dark preserving night vision allowing for more effective combat when going from upper deck to the much more dimly lit decks below. has his free flowing brown hair as haircuts are few and far between on the ocean, his similarly brown eyes both work as eyes should.

Weapon of Choice: Dussage Sword (serrated)dussage sword edited.jpg

Personality:  Calm and calculating but still enjoys a good fight when the opportunity presents itself from learning things the hard way, the world is cutthroat and you get what you can and give nothing back.

Background: spending more time on water than land as he grew up, salt flows through the mans veins starting as most do as a cabin boy and deck hand learning his trade after his father sent him away to work on the ships in part payment to settle his gambling debts. he was always watching what the crew was doing as he did his menial tasks learning the finer points of negotiation and trade from the various trade vessels and ports he would frequent, eventually the boy grew up and became a crew member upon a questionable merchant ship that had taken to smuggling certain goods that shouldn't have been, when a pirate vessel came to raid them under the glare of the setting sun. the merchant vessel wasn't fully equipped to fight the pirates off and ultimately most of the crew perished there or soon after due to their wounds.

Samson somehow found his was to becoming a member of the pirate crew and has been with the same captain since. as they years of plundering on the high seas flowed on the young pirate became more seasoned having conquered many ships, treasure and people but it wasn't without it's losses one such loss was on a routine merchant ship raid similar to the one that had started Samson's life as a crewman of the The Shameful Mermaid. When the attack started the enemy crew was ready and waiting and better armed than had been previously though the fight was grueling and many crew members on both side where lost and the fight ended in a draw, the merchant ship was crippled but with a lot of crew still alive the shameful mermaid's crew were cut down to half but the ship was able to slip away. the next few days were spent patching what crew remained and tossing those that died over board. strangely the merchant vessel they had attacked earlier was hastily repaired and hunting the pirates back down with a curious degree of luck or skill he would never know. the inevitable fight saw the enemy crew and ship destroyed and their ship almost along with it. but through the fight the young man proved himself and was promoted to first mate to replace the one that had recently passed.

more years had passed as the ships 1st mate but the itching to command and own a vessel of his own had started to grow within the man now.

The Shameful Mermaid

Caravelle_2C0239C0-AFF1-11E4-AC8D020F57397571.jpg

Bot the largest ship on the ocean but quite fast and when unladen sits shallow in the water making for easy get always and greater maneuverability. with a crew of 15 but room for 20, and the great ability to carry a decent amount of cargo for a ship of its size.

the crew comprises of a mix of races even a few parshumian's as they pick up new crew to replace the ones lost to battle sickness or to the sea itself.

Update: !!!

-Every single active character sheet is now in the Cast Section!

-All NPC profile images are restored!

-Six Nations thread images are restored!

Now that everything is fixed (and almost everyone has had a first post) we should be on track to get things moving a tiny bit faster then they have been. I'm also extending the invitation to all our new members in helping flesh out Azae more. This could include any of the following:

• Writing NPC profiles. I provide image and bullet point information. You make up the rest.
  • Writing city descriptions. I provide image(s) and bullet point information. You make up the rest. This also includes natural landmarks/areas as well.
  • Creating wildlife natural to each terrain. This creative process is entirely up to you, although I reserve the right to decline anything that I feel does not fit into the lore/world.
  • Writing out faction backgrounds. Examples: Holy Knights of Azae, T'Odis Justice Hordes, Black Talon Mercenaries, Indorian War Generals.
  • Fleshing out the religions more. This would include brainstorming sessions with me either in the chat or PM.
  • Writing summaries/stories of historical events. This could include going through the timeline and picking an event. You can then flesh out a summary of what actually happened. This can be creative in a sense that it can be written from the point of view of the victors, thus can be skewed and not the 100% truth but the one that everyone in the present mostly accepts
  • If you look at the Six Nations thread, you will see that only one country, Roadalia, has a paragraph describing its culture/atmosphere (written, very well, by a previous member) It was originally intended for there to be one for each nation but things got busy with all the recent events. I could use help writing/fleshing those out for the other nations as well.
  • More miscellaneous things to make the world feel more real:

Songs/ballads based on historical or fictional events.
  • jokes
  • Common phrases for different cultures.

[*]I plan on making a glossary soon. If you would simply like to write a definition for a word/phrase or think of one I should include, please let me know.

So yeah, quite a bit can be helped with so if it interests any of you don't hesitate to let me know!

Azae, the movie series!

(The following are (rearranged) transcripts of the movie plots from the Discord)

Movie 1:

Rufus trying to stop Garnarge

but fails because he's not skilled but by strange chance he survives

then he's taken up by members of the BSC and some outside figures to give him a super training

Lilly is the lovable sidekick that doesn't do much but is there for moral support

insert a badass training montage

and for some reason at some point in the movie Wolf will kidnap Rufus' boyfriend and claim Garnarge has him captured

so that Rufus will be 200% dedicated to winning the next fight

and then find out about just when they're about to go into the final battle

Rufus raging against Wolf and having a crisis of motivation

Then Rufus stabs Wolf in the chest (Zuka)

goes for the final confrontation and seems to almost lose

and when Garnarge is about to kill Rufus Lilly is revealed to have been trained by Leyra to become the best throat ripper in the world

and she goes full mental against Big G

giving Rufus the chance to grab the sword and finish Big G

and when Big G is defeated Rufus realizes that Wolf is the only one who knows where his boyfriend is

and Wolf in his dying breath would only whisper the cryptic answer "Home..."

then Rufus and Lilly have to flee as Leyra is going in such a bad bloodrage that 6 men of the BSC have trouble keeping her back

then the screen goes to black

and the credits roll

and at the end of the credits the sequel is being teased

with Big G's corpse being on some table and the mad goat scientist going like "You belong to Malice now and Malice wants you to bring her the white-haired girl Rufus is with"

and then Big G's undead corpse raises from the table and goes "Yes master"

and then we see a map of the world

with a hoofprint on T'Odis

Movie 2:

and then the sequel starts with a prophetic dream of the apocalypse

with images of a world destroyed and dying

before it ends and some unknown woman in Bali Boro wakes up and looks at Ziek and Mhisri

and yells some incomprehensible prophecy at them

and then some intricate escape plan is hatched by the BSC to rescue Ziek and Mhisri so they can aid in the quest to find and capture Leyra before she can murder Rufus and doom the world

for some reason there are no goats to be seen anywhere on the world

causing great grief to goat herders

they have formed an underground army in the name of Malice, waiting for the order to strike

but whilst the BSC and friends hunt for Leyra

Rufus and Lilly go through a very taxing but strongly bonding journey to T'Odis whilst trying to evade Leyra along the way

and when they come close to the gates to T'Odis they have their first encounter with zombie Garnarge

which causes Rufus to believe he's hallucinating

then Rufus and Lilly are narrowly saved by an unknown T'Odis who sets zombie Garnarge on fire

and then they get into T'Odis, sort of save for the moment

and then have to figure out where in T'Odis Wolf has stashed Rufus' boyfriend

and then they try to find out where to go

first trying to figure out where Lilly is from

and then after a long while they find out where Lilly is from

they have a lovely reunion with Lilly's family

but Rufus grows restless since he wants to find his boyfriend who isn't at that location

causing a bit of a tear between Rufus and Lilly

until Lilly's mother begins about her parental home deep in the T'Odis wilderness

they begin the hardest journey they've ever had and actually start to internally thank Wolf for all those survival lessons he gave them just in case they would be in a place like this (totally not premediated)

after a long trip with the continued feeling of being chased they arrive at the village they needed to go to

only to find Leyra sitting there with blood dripping from her hands and mouth

and the population dead

her eyes only full of murder

Rufus gets into a scuffle with her and whilst they're both distracted the renewed zombie Garnarge kidnaps Lilly

Rufus starts to lose the scuffle but a sudden spear in Leyra's shoulder makes her jerk up just before she could try to rip his throat out

immediately after she is hit in the face with both a sword and an axe

and then an arrow through the head turning her body limp

and then Taio, Ziek and Damos help Rufus up and locate Rufus' boyfriend

then they find out that Lilly was kidnapped by zombie Garnarge

and start the chase

and yet again fade to black

and then reveal zombie Garnarge dragging Lilly along to a boat which sails off into the dark sea

then the BSC and friends catch up to zombie Garnarge and murderate him and this time make sure he can never be resurrected again

then they find out about the boat and curse

then the credits show up

and after the credits there's another teaser for the next movie

where we see the boat Lilly is on sail into the darkest area of the dark sea and not being attacked by the sea serpents

and it sails towards the outline of what seems to be an island

insert a dramatic tune

((Future movies will be thrown into this thread when they're done))

@Zuka@Halffix@King Ad Rock

Hey everyone, Dirk here with an announcement. Adrock is going to take a few personal days and I'm gonna take over some responsibilities for a bit. I'm gonna take a couple days to get ready and I'll get back to everyone asap.

@CharmyPie @CupAndCough @Lakita@Savagai@Rengar@Edin@Zuka@too much idea@bottlecap@Kayvan@Trust@Aithen the Kindled@Deathchart@Orikanyo@Trickster314@Goaty Goat the Impossible@illefficient@Halffix@Vii@Purpleyedmiss@Robyn Banks

Are you actually in the discord?

I'm back. Had a rough week, but I'm here. I will get things up and running again by Tuesday night. I apologize for the absence.

Welcome back!!

Thank you!

So I have a big ass checklist of things I need to get to. I figured I'd let you all in so you know what the plan is and how long it may possibly take got me to get to you. I will be doing them in this order:

1. Writing Queen Suzane introductory post and posting it (hope to be finished by Wednesday, Thursday at latest. This should help @Edin @too much idea @Orikanyo & @Trickster314 post more.)
  2. Finish collab post with @Rengar (probably this weekend)
  3. Checking in and helping organize the collab post between @Zuka@Goaty Goat@Savagai & @Deathchart
  4. Continuing collab post with @Edin as Ziek and Mhisri (probably this weekend)
  5. Helping @Halffix get started.
  6. Helping @Vii and @Purpleyedmiss with their characters if they are not already finished with them.
  7. Start the third and final part of the secret meeting collab. Then @Zuka @Robyn Banks @Edin and @too much idea characters will all split up finally.
  8. Introducing new characters for the fistfight tournament that I will be controlling (Important NPCs)
  9. Getting the second round of the fistfight tournament started.
  10. Start filling out the lore threads in the subforums. Will also create more.

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY!

THE QUEEN!

please don't die queenie!

Give the woman some breath! Last thing she needs to more snake oil being sold to her. 

Some mositurizer maybe...

Anti-wrinkle cream?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back