Azae - A World At War - Out of Character Chat

Updated Checklist: !!!

1. Finish the Sef Vs. Aloysius fight and post it. (Will be working on this through the week.) (ALL DONE. Ch-ch-check it out.)
  2. Write back to @Zooks as Nevarrus. (this will come this weekend. If time permits maybe we can get the whole conversation done this weekend.)
  3. Respond to @Milus as Rasuli and Tartae.
  4. Get next Queen Suzane post up.
  5. Get my CS for my Uduliadej sibling up.
  6. Create Glossary thread.
  7. Get timeline 2.0 finished and finally up. (I will be posting another preview of this soon. Years 1-350. I will let you all know when I get it up.)
  8. Get the intro for the prison break with @Goaty Goat @Kayso @Whisker @Crucified Fear up. (I'm planning a big flashback for my character so it's going to take me a bit. Hold tight.)
  9. Update the update thread. This will require a tiny bit of help from everyone. (Someday King, Someday)

Updated Checklist: !!!

1. Write back to @Zooks as Nevarrus. (this will come this weekend. If time permits maybe we can get the whole conversation done this weekend.)( I sent out the intro! This is finally in the works!)
  2. Respond as Leonard to @too much idea
  3. Respond to @Milus as Rasuli and Tartae. (Up next! I'll be fair with myself and say to expect this as late as Wednesday, but hopefully much earlier.
  4. Respond to @ShadedRose as ship captain.
  5. Get next Queen Suzane post up.
  6. Get my CS for my Uduliadej sibling up.
  7. Create Glossary thread.
  8. Get timeline 2.0 finished and finally up. (I will be posting another preview of this soon. Years 1-350. I will let you all know when I get it up.)
  9. Get the intro for the prison break with @Goaty Goat @Kayso @Whisker @Crucified Fear up. (I'm planning a big flashback for my character so it's going to take me a bit. Hold tight.)
  10. Update the update thread. This will require a tiny bit of help from everyone. (Someday King, Someday)

Last edited by a moderator:
@DarkianMaker @The Hollowed @King of Strong Style @Exiled Ace @Opaque Artifex @Crucified Fear @ShadedRose @Gradous13 @Whisker @Syrenrei @DemetrioMachete @Milus @Goaty Love @Trickster314 @Orikanyo @Deathchart @Zooks @Kayso @too much idea @Kayvan@Khadame

Hey guys

So I just signed on after being just swamped in RL. I apologize a hundred times over for my busy schedule lately. I keep thinking that I will have all these free days to catch up and then other things keep popping up. @Dirk Diggler has barely been able to help these past 2-3 months due to his own personal life getting hectic as well.

I DO NOT want this RP to die or even be at this painfully slow pace at all. This is a huge deal of work for me, and I have put countless hours into this and getting what little we have up and rolling. This is my most loved RP that I have come up with. I want to finish it so bad (Or hell, at least get to the war) but also not rush it. I would never want all of our hard work to be wasted. We have a rich history here with great characters. 99% of people who have taken this RP a look over have given it and our combined writing amazing praise. I've been told it is one of the most expansive and well put together RPs they have every seen.

Most of the setting is now established (I know, it only took 9-10 months, woo...) so I KNOW things can finally pick up if done right.

But... I cannot do it alone anymore. I thought I could. The last time I GMed was some years ago, and back when I was 20-21 I had tons of free time to spend on things like this. But I'll be 27 in a few days and I'm currently in the process of switching careers and it's starting to take it's toll on me. I see all the comments from people wanting things to move faster and getting discouraged and it makes me feel like crap. I want this to be fun and moving steadily for everyone. I consider a decent amount of you good friends now (and others I'm still getting to know) and actually care and worry about you sometimes as silly as that sounds.

So what I am asking for is help guys. ANY help at all would be unbelievably appreciated. We all have our personally busy lives so I will not fault anyone who cannot do anything but continue their characters. I doubt anyone remembers, but some time towards the beginning of the RP I mentioned making people RP "Co-Directors". I made people these in a massive RP I GMed in the past that was similar to Azae and it was a humongous help, but I sort of let the idea fall to the wayside this time. What being a director would entail would be similar to a "Co-GM". I would pretty much take you aside and try to vomit up everything that I have planned/set-in-stone for the RP in as much detail as I can muster (I know, this means it would take a lot of the plot twists and surprises out of everything, but then you would also be in on the planning of the main plot and possibly help me flesh out/guide other things) This way, you will be able to answer questions/guide other players if I end up being caught up and signed off for more than a day or two. The only prerequisites for becoming a Director is the following:

• Have a love for this RP and willingness to learn about the other characters and NPCs. This means really getting acquainted with the plot. I will fill you in on everything not already available to be read.
  • Generally help guide/structure things. Help with the creation of profiles such as factions or animals.
  • Be willing to answer questions from other players about how to proceed after you have learned what I have planned. This does not mean you have to be on at all times at all. I plan for there to be a handful of directors so if a player has a question and you do not respond, they can move on down the list to the next director. Don't worry, if you answer wrong, or are super unsure on how to answer, I will always be on eventually to clear things up or give a definitive answer. You will also have a lot of things spoiled for you so be forewarned. If you like reading the timeline/CS's/NPC profiles then this is definitely for you.
  • Taking control of NPCs from time-to-time (This one is a big one and not as required. You can still be a director and not play any NPCs)
  • Be the director in any collab posts you are involved in that I am not (this means being the one in charge of the posting order, editing it together, and just generally keeping the confusion and straying from main plot to a min.)

Please, I'm kinda begging here a bit for some shoulders to lean on. Let me know if you think you can step up to the plate and this interests you. You can comment here in OOC or PM/Discord me. I will list all the directors when they are chosen. I'm looking for 3-4. If you do not want the responsibility of being a director but still want/think you can help, then let me know that too please.

Now, this brings us to much more frustrating news:

The goddamn update.

If you weren't around for the last update about 6 months ago, it was a bullshit nightmare. We were promised our RPs would stay in tact, but everything became a coding mess and all pictures were lost. It took a few weeks and several people to clean up all the threads and make it into what it is now. So this time around I am expecting the absolute worse. The site will probably be off for a week or more, and then when we return everything will be completely messed up. BE PREPARED for that. I have every single picture posted in this RP saved on my mac so maybe it won't be as bad this time around, but we shall see. We will probably need EVERYONE'S help to fix things once we get back on (This is actually why you all have the privilege of being able to edit each others posts.) 

So again, the site will go offline for sometime. Get ready for that. I'm hoping beyond hope that we can get through this update with no drops (It's why I'm trying to warn you all now) but that may be an impossibility. We shall see down the Road. This RP is ten months old now let's keep it going, eh?

If you are waiting for a response from me that I said was coming this weekend, it still is. I always forget to tell you all that Mondays are part of my weekend, so expect it by 12:00 A.M. tuesday Eastern Standard time.

Last edited by a moderator:
@DarkianMaker @The Hollowed @King of Strong Style @Exiled Ace @Opaque Artifex @Crucified Fear @ShadedRose @Gradous13 @Whisker @Syrenrei @DemetrioMachete @Milus @Goaty Love @Trickster314 @Orikanyo @Deathchart @Zooks @Kayso @too much idea @Kayvan@Khadame

I figured I'd tag all of you so the appropriate people would see this. I promised finished posts today, and although I worked on them, I'm not finished (too much RL things to do in the day also). I want to pause a bit and focus on getting those who volunteered to be "RP Directors" ready for their positions because I think once we have that set up then we will really be able to pick things up again. Give me like 1-2 days to set them up and then I will get back on the ball and finish up the several posts I have and get them all posted.

For the directors, I'm about to group PM you all to better explain your role.

You're a peach xD.

I'm working behind the scenes getting the directors set up. Once they are things should go great again because there will be like multiple of me :3

Oh fine I see how it is. 

Don't give ori no love.

i get it.

Fine. 

Finally getting back into the swing of things. Starting back on some posts. Hope to finish them in the coming days. Still working on setting up the directors. I want to really tear into this checklist this weekend.

1. Respond to @Zooks in new PM with what we have edited together.
  2. Respond as Leonard to @too much idea. (This should finally finish off the Secret meeting post.)
  3. Respond to @Milus as Rasuli and Tartae. (Sorry for the massive delay on this.)
  4. Respond to @ShadedRose as ship captain. (Finally started this. Check your inbox)
  5. Get next Queen Suzane post up. (This is 90% done @Orikanyo and @DarkianMaker, expect it soon)
  6. Get my CS for my Uduliadej sibling up.
  7. Create Glossary thread.
  8. Get timeline 2.0 finished and finally up. (I will be posting another preview of this soon. Years 1-350. I will let you all know when I get it up.)
  9. Get the intro for the prison break up. (I'm foregoing the flashback to get this finished faster.)
  10. Update the update thread. This will require a tiny bit of help from everyone. (Someday King, Someday)

while things are coming back to life, I'll admit, kinda hard to find theards and hps now.

also gotta hunt down something to stop email notifs from simple watched thread posts.

When you have to dig through profiles just to find the OOC chat because you forgot about the search box.

Users who are viewing this thread