• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Azae - A World At War (IC Started But Still Recruiting)

bottlecap said:
jesus this racks up posts fast i can't keep up! i was planning my character to be from the lawless land of T'odis. He was some sort of honor-bound tribe leader who earned his place in trial by combat. He eventually can't take the lawless lands anymore and works up a fortune in mercenary work and is currently in the story a lord in his graying age in Kildra. Yes no?
It's a hot tamale, this thread. Your character is possible, but needs to be spun up a bit. Not sure what you mean by "honour bound tribe leader" but with T'Odis being the oldest nation, they have evolved far from anything resembling tribes. You got the honor part right on the nose though. They are very honorable, serious, and stoic people. This, of course, describes the more wealthy T'Odis populace in the Lawful Lands while you would find much more colorful characters in the Lawless lands.

What's hilariously coincidental is you mentioned trial by combat. I have mentioned in a previous post the "T'Odis Justice Hordes" who are pretty much the police/bounty hunters of T'Odis. If someone breaks a law in the Lawful Lands and evades capture it is up to these groups to bring them to justice. When the culprit is found he has two options: Allow himself to be brought back peacefully to face trial (and possible decades in a freezing dungeon) or challenge the captain of the Justice Horde to a one-on-one duel to the death. If the combatant wins, they are absolved of all crimes T'Odis holds against them, effectively giving them a fresh start. You can work this into you characters story if you wish, but keep in mind successfully defeating a Justice Horde Captain is something that is quite rare as they are orphans raised and trained for this sole purpose .

And last, you want your character to be a Lord in Kildra? That is possible, but being a T'Odis person he'd be a rarity/oddity in the noble class of Kildra so that would be something to take into consideration.

bottlecap said:
oh dude LOVING the map
Thanks, I can't stop appreciating it myself. Wish I could say I made it completely from scratch, but I actually found an amazing website for creating world maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Dirk Diggler]Oh my, so many hellos to get through.
@KingAdrock The map looks scrumptious. Seriously unbelievable.

[/QUOTE]
When and where should we post the sheets after we are done? Just waiting on the actual story thread to open?

[QUOTE="Crucified Fear]When and where should we post the sheets after we are done? Just waiting on the actual story thread to open?

[/QUOTE]
Please post them here for review whenever you are ready, so that we can dictate any edits that need to be made so it fits the story. I'd expect the actual IC thread to be up by the weekend.

Rufus Nevarron

h8bGUU4.jpg

Name: Rufus Nevarron

Race: Kildran

Sexuality: Homosexual

Nation: Kildra

Noble Family: Nevarron

Title: Son of the High Duke

Family:

Father: High Duke Nevarrus

Mother: Duchess Kires

Twin Brother: Sefus

Grandparents father side: Illion and Sophie Nevarron

Granparents mother side: Kreatas and Nienke Silvan

Nevarron Family and Estate

The Nevarron Family rules over some land inside Kildra and makes it own set of rules and has it own Court. Their main area is between the rivers of Vendel. They share their borders with the Nation borders and manage some of the importants training routes. During the Second Kildra Civil war, the Nevarron family side with the Queen. However they still think she's not fitting to rule and prefers her son on the throne. That is also one of the reasons they make their own rules

Ics7e5Z.jpg

Fighting style:

Rufus fights with two light swords, his main hand is left and he wears light armor in combat. Normally is that a black colored. He 's light infantry and normally scouts the area. He prefers fighting on the ground, however he can fight from a horse.

Personality:

Rufus cares about everyone. He like the nice people in the villages of his Estate and they love him. He's not very shy and like to speak to the public. He generally doesn't like the nobles who don't care about their people.

In his Estate it is public knowledge Rufus likes man, outside some might has heard rumours about it. His people don't mind because he is the only one who cares about them for some generations.

Biography:

Rufus is born as the first son of Duke Nevarus and Duchess Kires, his twin brother came a few minutes later. He started his swords training at the age of 5 and still trains sometimes, if he has free time or someone out of the villages want to spar with the Rufus.. From the age of 10 he started also to learn about the History of the Continent, the Politics of it and Diplomacy. During the war he stayed at the family house, however he was sent one time to the war zone. His life was all about training till the age of 18. He became officially adult and started to travel around the Estate to get to know the people who he was ruling.

Name: Adam Durant

Race: Kildran on fathers side, Nomasdae on mothers side.

Appearance: Adam's naturally light brown skin has become darker due to the amount of time he spends in the sun while at sea. He has a hard but well sculpted face that is often obscured by a short black beard. Standing six foot three Adam is a daunting man. Children would have run for him if it were not for his pearly good-hearted smile.

Background: Adam grew up in Yensa. His father, Jack, was a merchant who traded between Yensa, Kein, and Mt. Zular. He went as far as Indoria when Tra-el became popular During his travels he met a beautiful nomasdae named Anaya. They quickly fell in love and married within the year. He was profitable enough to secure a comfortable life for his family. As Adam grew, Jack taught him how to be a shrewd merchant and trader.

When Adam turned 18 he expanded upon his fathers business starting a sea rout. Initially he traded just between Yensha and Indoria. Even that short rout was full of peril. The first ship he got was a galley named the Anaya.

The ship could carry an army of 200, but was usually crewed by 80 men, mostly rowers. At Falcon Haven Adam had the Anaya outfilled one catapult and five ballistas.

When the Indorian rout proved to be profitable, Adam bought another ship and expanded to Libertia. His second ship was caveral, that was slightly slower but carried much more. He began to have to deal with both sea monsters and pirates. In those rough seas Adam turned to piracy himself. Adam began trading with the apothecaries in Par Qaun. There he purchased poisons and tranquilizes in which to incapacitate, or at least slow down, a sea monster. Soon he began smuggling pashush to Rodalia.

Mr. Adam Durant, the merchant- Adam sails between Kildra and Raodalia, trading with all the nations in between. He buys crafted goods from Kildra and sells them in Libertia, Tral-el meat from Indoria is a hot commodity everywhere, lumber from Libertia is the best to be found. Roadalia, he visits less often due to their closed boarder and strict laws, but that makes prices higher.

Willy trader though he is, Adam was not able to make a fortune as fast has he wanted. He had dreams of attaining nobility for his family within his own life. The merchant class of Kildra were disdainful of his ambition and conspired to ruin him.

Captain Durant, the pirate- Durant is a fearsome man at sea. He employs dirty tactics to take other ships unaware. He has two ships in his fleet: a caravel and a galley. The caravel is the face of his trading company. Its crew is small and consists of people from all nations. They are well mannered, as far as sailors go. The galley is outfitted with a ram and many oars. It hardly ever calls at port, given the pretense of trading else where. Its crew consists mainly of Indorians.

Ononette is and Ancient Indorian god who killed sea serpents. This caravel has two catapults, five ballistas.

an-english-sixth-rate-ship-firing-a-salute-as-a-barge-leaves-a-royal-yacht-nearby.jpg

Ferdinand_Victor_Perrot_-_The_Battle_of_Grengam_on_27th_July_1720.jpg

80 ft long. 40 ores max. One catapult, Nine ballistas.

Personality: Adam is very political in nature. He is well mannered and attempts to adapt to the customs of whatever nation he is in. At sea he is a ruthless bastard. Both sides are necessary fronts to gain the respect of his customers and crew a like. In first impressions he is often seen as a hard man not to be messed with, but once you get to know him a certain tenderness is found.

Weapon: Short sword, dagger, club, whatever is at hand really. Adam is not known to be a great fighter, only his crew have witnessed his ruthlessness.

Weakness: Over the years Adam has developed an extreme fondness for Liqueur. He has a wife and two children in Yensa that are dissatisfied with the time he spends away.

@KingAdrock finished.

Hi, you mentioned nation-building.

Is this a RP where you control your own group of peoples or just one character? I feel like I might try to join if it's the latter.

EDIT: NVM, figured it out meself :>

I think I'll wait on more lore to come out before making a character, but I'm defo interested in this RP!

bottlecap said:
Name: Jason Varnac, the Knight of Frozen Ash
Race: Pureblood T’Odis

Weapon of Choice: The broken, scarred, and jagged-edged sword of a fallen Justice Horde captain. Once known by the name Seraph, Jason renamed the blade Mjoldus and it's looks have evolved over time to fit this title. Once shining and radiant, over years of battle it's steel has become more iron-like and gray. It's once pristine blade is jagged and toothed from chipping in battle. It's hilt has been wrapped and re-wrapped several times over.

Personality: T'Odis is known for it's icy and soulless landscape, and equally tempered Justice Hordes. Jason's family had never quite fit with this narrative. His father was a lord of a small tract of land on the edges of the eastern lawless lands, and influenced his son with affection and knowledge. The Varnac family was known as much for their merry making as for their strict punishments. There were regular feasts and hunting parties in the lawless regions, as well as executions of traitors and barbarians. They almost seemed to straddle the line of the King's laws and the lawless culture. This shaped Jason's whole personality. He resembles the traits of his family's honors and practices. Devout in the religion of his ancestors, he regularly takes them into account in his daily life. Outspoken and loud are his temperaments, as well as well thought and spoken. He does not say nonsense for the sake of speaking. However, he can be caught rambling after one too many pints of ale. He is strong willed and bound by honor. He has no emotional ties to things such as land or wealth, but spirit and family. He enjoys combat and respects a man's physical prowess as much as their wit. However a man fights, he need only prove himself capable to earn a Varnac's respect. Jason seeks only to honor his family's memory and ancestor's traditions.

Description:

(I couldn't find a picture that satisfied me.)

Jason is a behemoth of a man. Standing 6'4" with shoulders that could fill the door to a mead hall. (Though they are only two and a half feet acrossed, in truth.) He has trained for as long as he can remember, and hasn't stopped even into his graying age. His stone wall of a body shows this. From years of battle Jason has gained scars acrossed his torso, the most prominent being a burn covering his entire left shoulder. His face, however, remains mostly untouched. It is shockingly kind, with laugh lines and ever so slightly wrinkled eyes. He looks like everyone's grandfather with the body of a god of war. His complexion has earned him his nickname (as well as his tale) the Knight of Frozen Ash. His skin is white, almost dead looking. When fighting in the winter, tales are told by men swearing he has turned to ice.

Background: The Varnac family was in the middle of one of it's many feasts, when there was a knock at the door. The mead hall was taken aback. If anyone was to join a feast in the family hall there was no asking of permissions. One simply strode in and took a leg of whatever meat they chose. *tome. tome. tome.* rang the knocker on the door. The men slowly grew quiet, confused. The woman ceased their giggling. Jason's mother on his father's knee raised her eyebrows and spoke before her husband.

"Well? Enter you right git! there's plenty of mead, no need to interrupt us." The hall shared an uneasy murmur of a chuckle and Jason himself smiled. The door opened slowly, and who darkened the doorway but the Varnac's rival family; the Bearyns. Blood and valor were both family's defining trait, but before this night they never shared more than a healthy spirit of competition. Danrys, the head of their house, looked grave. Two men behind him carried bodies over their shoulders. Two boys no bigger than Jason's thigh. As they passed the party could see the children were dead. Their bodies were dumped upon the feast table in front of the parents.

"Ancestor's blight what is the meaning of this Danrys?!" Spoke the father, though he recieved no immediate answer.

"My nephews. I found them dead outside my gate." His voice rose as he spoke, "TweLVE AND NINE VARNAC. TWELVE. AND. NINE." As he yelled several men drew their weapons, in both parties.

"FOR GODS SAKES PUT YOUR WEAPONS AWAY" Bellowed father Varnac. His men obeyed, and the Bearyns lowered their own. "By my father's beard Danrys what happened?" He received a mumble of something almost unintelligible. "What?"

"YOUR SON. My men saw your. Son. Dumb the bodies at my doorstep and flea." He was now staring daggers at Jason so fiercely Jason could only stand glued to his spot. The girl he had been flirting with only five minutes prior now cowering behind his already hulking form at twenty seven. "I did not come to debate this point Varnacs. I know you will not believe me. Or give up your own son. For the sake of our bloodlines I will do you the honor of a proper war. On the ice fields two hours from now. Only one family will survive."

There was no more speaking that day. Did Jason kill those boys? Of course not. Who did was anyone's guess. There are two sides to a story that would end all too soon. The families had no choice. They would fight. All night they fought. Once all blood was spilt and ash fell from the sky as much as the snow, only Jason remained on the field of battle. The only survivors aside from Jason were deserters and those still dying. Not because he was the strongest or the fiercest warrior, though accomplished as he was, but because he was lucky. Danrys Bearyns would have surely killed the son Varnac had he not been struck in the throat by a stray arrow.

Word had reached the Justice Hordes by now of the crime and the family war which had broken out, but all too late. Now all they could do was hunt Jason Varnac for the alleged crime. He stayed on that bloody field for three days until a squadron of nine men arrived. They addressed him for his crime, yet he show no signs of hearing them. They assumed this was because he was aware of his guilt. The captain informed him he would now face trial by combat. It is said that Jason killed the man with his rage alone. He plucked his sword from the man's bloody corpse and turned without a word from the rest of the Horde, absolved of his crimes.

He left T'Odis, knowing he would have no honor there. His reputation followed him through the T'Odis gates and into Kildra. He served himself and many different lords as a mercenary for five years. Tales of him grew and wove a life of their own. He eventually grew past his darkest days and was known for starting a friendly brawl in almost every city he enters, and winning. Finally he caught the attention of the lord of a wealthy river city in western Kildra, and was more or less adopted into the house. He serves as the Lord's right hand, and heir as the man has only daughters, old as Jason is now. The two men aged and grew closer than brothers quickly, and now as the world is on the brink of global war once more Jason's skin crawls as he readies for another adventure.

(How's that @KingAdrock, do I need to change anything?)
Very well thought out! I'd only suggest a few small changes and one fun change.

First would his name work as Jason V'Arnak to better fit T'Odis naming customs? (There are no "C"s in their alphabet, only "K" and "S". You also mentioned lords a few times when speaking of T'Odis, and I think I forgot to mention this under T'Odis' description but unlike Kildra, The T'Odis people have no class system or titles. Instead, any wealthy can own lands or property regardless of race/religion/ or anything else.

The fun change would be translating your dialogue to the T'Odis language! I will work on their language tonight and PM you translations so that you can make the proper edits (or I can edit them in for you if you like). Other than that, I like what I've read very much!

Lakita said:
Hi, you mentioned nation-building.
Is this a RP where you control your own group of peoples or just one character? I feel like I might try to join if it's the latter.

EDIT: NVM, figured it out meself :>

I think I'll wait on more lore to come out before making a character, but I'm defo interested in this RP!
Yes, just one character controlled RP, although your character could be a captain/lieutenant in any of the armies, thus being in charge of other NPCs.

The Lore of the this RP will be something I always plan on adding to, even long after the IC gets up, but feel free to wait for more information. A very important bit of lore that I will work on through the week is the historical timeline. Although I do suggest getting some kind of placeholder character sheet up as roles are filling up fast. I will probably close the character applications at around 12-14 character sheets (This sounds insanely large, but believe it or not I have successfully GMed two different RPs that started out with 10 and 12 people respectively all the way to a conclusion and ending. So it CAN be done, it just takes very specific set of rules about posting order and lots of clear communication in OOC. I also have my co-GM with me whom I communicate with off-site to help lessen the load.) You will be allowed and both encouraged to edit your character as more lore gets up or I see any changes that need to be made to fit the world/story. I'm very happy to see your interest!

Considering this is low fantasy, what kind of creatures live in Azae? Deer to dragons, what's the limit?

Lakita said:
Considering this is low fantasy, what kind of creatures live in Azae? Deer to dragons, what's the limit?
Ah! Such a great question! Azae has most animals that earth has, but with some fun twists on some of them. It is something I must work into the lore when I get a chance, but if you have specific questions for a region I can definitely brainstorm you up answers no problemo.

No dragons, but there are Tral-el, large lizard beasts that are found in the rainforests and deserts of Azae. Example:

b578cc570664401807301260b3b15557.jpg

e5a847ed2a585701fff0c333a7464944-d5l09u8.jpg

jfFXgmB-cGZl-dAKsUsw6VpaPYRH3Amk5rwSbLs8Cm-9mni244t_-xzABXgzsRUHDGqvULmXhdYtfMZLYcJhgx-3lSKagL7vZyiAmtHe0XIqmaELSsuATAV7MA5GeJzPfg49j__i

254840.jpg
2150597-6135574_16019351_thumbnail.jpg

Lakita said:
Let us also not forget the Sea Serpents, or Vavos' children as the Parshumians call them, that reside in the Dark Seas and make sea travel almost impossible and almost a daredevil sport for anyone who isnt Parshumese. Pirating, Naval, and merchanting are all extremely dangerous occupations because of them.

Examples:

latest

3bfbdf9217947228e436147792ca635c.jpg

090820_100802_64319255.jpg

paintings%20landscapes%20monsters%20fantasy%20art%20digital%20art%20artwork%20drawings%20hero%20sea%20battle%205131x3000_www.wallpaperfo.com_33.jpg

Lakita said:
I was wondering if there were enough "monsters" to warrant a Witcher sort of character? I was playing around with a bounty hunter but was looking for something more than humans to kill haha.
How about illnesses? Like in some fantasy books/shows you get those incurable diseases like that sand-skin thingy in Game of Thrones etc etc etc

Right now, I have two characters I have in mind and they both kinda take place in/around T'Odis... do you mind if I PM you an early preview?

Also have you thought about adding some flags to Azae? I used to worldbuild for fun/another RP and there are some free sites that let you make some pretty neat flags like (some I made):

flaags

ssYctqb.png

E9MB6yM.png

xccMVlL.png

ChVPwy3.png

My inbox is ALWAYS open, so yes PM me with whatever you wish so we can get to discussing!

And those are AMAZING. Did you make those specifically for this? I might make you a lore creator if you keep this up! I'll be awaiting that message.

So what about weapon limits? Will there be gun powder? Guns don't usually fit in with light fantasy. Should I use ballistas and catapults in place of cannons for my pirate ship?

a5ce47afc6896bbf72cbf12b3f834991.jpg

Name: Arturia Vanguard

Afflication: The Holy Queendom of Roadalia, Holy Knights of Azae (3rd in command)

-The Vanguard Family (Head)

Appearance Description: Standing at 5'8", Arturia is built well with a slightly muscular yet elegant frame. Her eyes are an emerald green that of which compliments her blonde hair almost perfectly. You can tell that she is a pure blooded Kildran right off the bat due to her fair skin tone and her blonde hair. Arturia dresses well and always keeps herself clean and tidy, her armour is always polished and nearly always retains a perfect shine. Her clothing underneath all of the armour she wears is also taken care of just as well. She always keeps her sword on her at all times, keeping it sealed in its scabbard on her side.

Fatestay_night_UBW_-_Eternal_Master_Piece_Excalibur_02.jpg
Weapon: Irae - An ancient and supposedly legendary sword that was said to have been basked in light upon its creation. Shrouded in many myths, some say that it is 'blessed' whereas others say that it in itself is a mystery. The sword has been in the Vanguard family since its foundation, and is known as an incredibly hard-wearing and sharp sword. Being passed down from generation to generation for over many hundreds of years, it has been in Arturia's posession for over a decade.

(Lore on the sword to come)

Personality: Arturia is a very proud and honourable woman, she believes in fairness and equality, and is also a devout follower of the faith. Arturia is incredibly polite and has little regard for those that are rude as she detests rudeness in any form whatsoever.

Having a phenomenal level of determination from an early age, Arturia strives to do good for the people of Roadalia and in fact all of Azae. She believes that everything happens for a reason be it for good or bad, and she is never one to argue against that no matter how traumatising or not the affair may be. She is a very capable women with a variety of skills, she has a head for politics and is actually very intelligent. However, her main skill base lies with her swordsmanship and her skill as a warrior. Few can match her, and she has also earned herself quite the reputation.

When it comes down to battle, Arturia has little remorse for the enemy. Especially if they are an enemy of the faith, or the people.

Biography: Arturia Vanguard, daughter of Arthur and Bernedette Vanguard and younger sister of Maxwell Vanguard, and head of the family. Growing up in the hills of Roadalia in her families large estate manor, she lived a life of luxury for the entirety of her childhood. During her childbirth, Arturia's mother died due to the complications that involved her birth, which left her father with the responsibilities of raising two children as a single parent. Of course, the family had many loyal maids that would help as well. When she reached the age of 10, Arturia's father began to train her in the ways of the sword as is the custom of the Vanguard family. All of her skills, Arturia inherited from her father. Unlike Arturia, Maxwell had an eye for trouble and for his actions, was exiled and disowned by the family, he was stripped of any titles he had and all of his wealth was removed from him. Due to this, Arturia was set to be the next head of the Vanguard family when he father died.

Eventually after many years of training, Arturia become so skilled with the sword that she surpassed her father and even everyone else in her family. Upon his death, Arturia became the head of the family and inherited the legendary sword Irae. The sword was said to be sacred, and tales of it had been told throughout the land for many ages. It had been a family heirloom for over many hundreds of years and as tradition, was passed down from one head of the family to the next. Becoming the first woman to wield the sword as well as the first woman to stand as head of the Vanguard family, Arturia soon started to make a name for herself for her skill as a warrior.

When she reached the age 19, Arturia left her families estate and headed to the Capital of Roadalia in order to join The Holy Knights of Azae and has been there ever since. Arturia has grown to be a very devout follower of the faith, and despises the queen for twisting its principles and tarnishing it's good name. Arturia works to restore the good name of the faith.

bottlecap said:
I'd appreciate lots of things of this caliber to kill. Not running around every post. just every once in a while :P
There are more dangers in the world than just man. I will create a wildlife section under each nation to help with that. I've already got great ideas.

Lakita said:
Character Sheets Complete

• Name: Maerwynn T'iiosha

Race: Predominantly Kildran. If you track down her family tree you'll find a T'Odis here and there but not nearly enough to count. However, it still counts enough to explain her unusual surname.

Description:

nsibBFW.jpg
    Weapon of Choice: A simple @KingAdrock but I was just world building with those flags. You're free to use/edit them however you want but once again, the site I used to make them is here in case you want to try it out yourself: Flag Designer

It's really simple but some of the designs turn out pretty good I think.

EDIT: I might remove the BBcode actually. The black and white hurts my eyes.

EDIT2: Changed the black to a much more muted grey. yay

EDIT3: NVM NVM EVERYTHING i suck at BBcode

• Looks great so far. Don't worry too much about BBCODING and making it super fancy, the character sheets are more for me to go over and approve of and also for others to be able to reference during IC. Although you guys are going to have to teach me how to do this tabbing business because I have never come across it before on a forum and really like the idea of it.

Thank you so much for the site. Flags will definitely be coming soon. I might just use that last one you put up, the green one with the tree, for Libertia. It fits too perfectly.

noremac said:
    So what about weapon limits? Will there be gun powder? Guns don't usually fit in with light fantasy. Should I use ballistas and catapults in place of cannons for my pirate ship?
    You're correct no guns (except for the Herald Cornelius, you'll see why when I get their descriptions up later today) and in fact "gunpowder" fits into the plot much later on.

As for your question, yes to catapults, and what's a ballista? Like a giant bow kinda right? Absolutely. I'd say go with any pre-gunpowder ship siege weapons and you'll be fine.

bottlecap said:
Name: Jason V'Arnak, the Knight of Frozen Ash
Race: Pureblood T’Odis

Weapon of Choice: The broken, scarred, and jagged-edged sword of a fallen Justice Horde captain. Once known by the name Seraph, Jason renamed the blade Mjoldus and it's looks have evolved over time to fit this title. Once shining and radiant, over years of battle it's steel has become more iron-like and gray. It's once pristine blade is jagged and toothed from chipping in battle. It's hilt has been wrapped and re-wrapped several times over.

Personality: T'Odis is known for it's icy and soulless landscape, and equally tempered Justice Hordes. Jason's family had never quite fit with this narrative. His father was the owner of a small tract of land on the edges of the eastern lawless lands, and influenced his son with affection and knowledge. The V’Arnak family was known as much for their merry making as for their strict punishments. There were regular feasts and hunting parties in the lawless regions, as well as executions of traitors and barbarians. They almost seemed to straddle the line of the King's laws and the lawless culture. This shaped Jason's whole personality. He resembles the traits of his family's honors and practices. Devout in the religion of his ancestors, he regularly takes them into account in his daily life. Outspoken and loud are his temperaments, as well as well thought and spoken. He does not say nonsense for the sake of speaking. However, he can be caught rambling after one too many pints of ale. He is strong willed and bound by honor. He has no emotional ties to things such as land or wealth, but spirit and family. He enjoys combat and respects a man's physical prowess as much as their wit. However a man fights, he need only prove himself capable to earn a V’Arnak's respect. Jason seeks only to honor his family's memory and ancestor's traditions.

Description:

(I couldn't find a picture that satisfied me.)

Jason is a behemoth of a man. Standing 6'4" with shoulders that could fill the door to a mead hall. (Though they are only two and a half feet acrossed, in truth.) He has trained for as long as he can remember, and hasn't stopped even into his graying age. His stone wall of a body shows this. From years of battle Jason has gained scars acrossed his torso, the most prominent being a burn covering his entire left shoulder. His face, however, remains mostly untouched. It is shockingly kind, with laugh lines and ever so slightly wrinkled eyes. He looks like everyone's grandfather with the body of a god of war. His complexion has earned him his nickname (as well as his tale) the Knight of Frozen Ash. His skin is white, almost dead looking. When fighting in the winter, tales are told by men swearing he has turned to ice.

Background: The V’Arnak family was in the middle of one of it's many feasts, when there was a knock at the door. The mead hall was taken aback. If anyone was to join a feast in the family hall there was no asking of permissions. One simply strode in and took a leg of whatever meat they chose. *tome. tome. tome.* rang the knocker on the door. The men slowly grew quiet, confused. The woman ceased their giggling. Jason's mother on his father's knee raised her eyebrows and spoke before her husband.

"Well? Enter you right git! there's plenty of mead, no need to interrupt us." The hall shared an uneasy murmur of a chuckle and Jason himself smiled. The door opened slowly, and who darkened the doorway but the V’Arnak's rival family; the Bearyns. Blood and valor were both family's defining trait, but before this night they never shared more than a healthy spirit of competition. Danrys, the head of their house, looked grave. Two men behind him carried bodies over their shoulders. Two boys no bigger than Jason's thigh. As they passed the party could see the children were dead. Their bodies were dumped upon the feast table in front of the parents.

"Ancestor's blight what is the meaning of this Danrys?!" Spoke the father, though he recieved no immediate answer.

"My nephews. I found them dead outside my gate." His voice rose as he spoke, "TweLVE AND NINE V’ARNAK. TWELVE. AND. NINE." As he yelled several men drew their weapons, in both parties.

"FOR GODS SAKES PUT YOUR WEAPONS AWAY" Bellowed father V’Arnak. His men obeyed, and the Bearyns lowered their own. "By my father's beard Danrys what happened?" He received a mumble of something almost unintelligible. "What?"

"YOUR SON. My men saw your. Son. Dumb the bodies at my doorstep and flea." He was now staring daggers at Jason so fiercely Jason could only stand glued to his spot. The girl he had been flirting with only five minutes prior now cowering behind his already hulking form at twenty seven. "I did not come to debate this point V’Arnaks. I know you will not believe me. Or give up your own son. For the sake of our bloodlines I will do you the honor of a proper war. On the ice fields two hours from now. Only one family will survive."

There was no more speaking that day. Did Jason kill those boys? Of course not. Who did was anyone's guess. There are two sides to a story that would end all too soon. The families had no choice. They would fight. All night they fought. Once all blood was spilt and ash fell from the sky as much as the snow, only Jason remained on the field of battle. The only survivors aside from Jason were deserters and those still dying. Not because he was the strongest or the fiercest warrior, though accomplished as he was, but because he was lucky. Danrys Bearyns would have surely killed the son V’Arnak had he not been struck in the throat by a stray arrow.

Word had reached the Justice Hordes by now of the crime and the family war which had broken out, but all too late. Now all they could do was hunt Jason V’Arnak for the alleged crime. He stayed on that bloody field for three days until a squadron of nine men arrived. They addressed him for his crime, yet he show no signs of hearing them. They assumed this was because he was aware of his guilt. The captain informed him he would now face trial by combat. It is said that Jason killed the man with his rage alone. He plucked his sword from the man's bloody corpse and turned without a word from the rest of the Horde, absolved of his crimes.

He left T'Odis, knowing he would have no honor there. His reputation followed him through the T'Odis gates and into Kildra. He served himself and many different lords of Kildra as a mercenary for five years. Tales of him grew and wove a life of their own. He eventually grew past his darkest days and was known for starting a friendly brawl in almost every city he enters, and winning. Finally he caught the attention of the lord of a wealthy river city in western Kildra, and was more or less adopted into the house. He serves as the Lord's right hand, and heir as the man has only daughters, old as Jason is now. The two men aged and grew closer than brothers quickly, and now as the world is on the brink of global war once more Jason's skin crawls as he readies for another adventure.

(How's that @KingAdrock, do I need to change anything?)
I realize I did not mention this anywhere yet and need to, but the T'Odis people are the tallest people on Azae with the average height of a man being 6'6 and a woman, 6'2. I realize you described your character to be quite massive, so he would actually probably border 7 feet then. Just a small but important detail

trust me, i'm okay with that xD

KingAdrock said:
I realize I did not mention this anywhere yet and need to, but the T'Odis people are the tallest people on Azae with the average height of a man being 6'6 and a woman, 6'2. I realize you described your character to be quite massive, so he would actually probably border 7 feet then. Just a small but important detail

KingAdrock said:
Everything looks great, just one small change. It's Roadalia like as in Road, not Raodalia, but other than that its awesome!
Thank you, the changes have been made!

I'm meant to be good at spelling lmao

Name: Kael Gilgrend

Weapon of Choice: Dual Scimitars (formerly long sword)

a58528eec950dcf110207a5536da97e4.jpg

Personality: Jovial, witty, sarcastic and hedonistic.

latest

Background:

"Gilgrend The Great"

The Gilgrend clan claimed their nobility through chronicles of blood and ash, and Kael was no different. Time after time the family had proven itself reliable, vital, and on the battlefield: absolutely ruthless. Tutored, trained and nearly brainwashed by his father, the General and war hero Artimedes, or "Gilgrend The Great," the young Kael was poised to take this title from his father and stake claim to his own place amongst the legends of future days. To sit amongst the stars with other great gods and monsters.

And he nearly did so. Kael rose quickly amongst the ranks, demanding to be shown no preferential treatment because of his fathers status. In the midst of the War of Royalty, Kael was awarded with the rank of Commander, due to his valor, battle tested strategy and undying comraderie with the men. Eternal glory was at his finger tips.

And it was wisked away in the flanks of a messengers stallion.

hqdefault.jpg

"The Butcher of Yensa"

To this day, one of the crowns most profound mishandlings was the immediate declaration of General Artimedes Gilgrends death by Vendells forces in an ambush just outside of Yensa. What ensued was one of the largest abominations of war in Kildran history. Kael disregarded orders to sit tight, rallying his men to march, they as well driven by the loss of their leader, their love fueling their hate. The legion of 5,000 men cornered the much smaller force of less than 2,000 south of the city, between natural rock formations and the dark sea.

The white flag flew. The battle was won before it even started, but Kael had not marched for prisoners. He would not show a courtesy that was denied to his own blood.

So the men charged. The stories that are told in only whispers describe the massacre. Flesh, bone and blood littered the shores, so much so that not even the mighty tides struggled to wipe away the stain. They say partially eaten remains sometimes wash ashore. Those who chose to faith the perils of the water, than the wrath of Kael.

He had made his mark. Claimed his title and solidified his place in history amongst the reviled and damned.

They say the fire they started to burn the bodies was so large it could be seen from the capitol.

There's truth to every legend.

98e64683def530b5ff992a1caeab37f8.jpg

"The Exiled"

The Queen was a good woman, but such a crime would not go unpunished.

"The Kingdom appreciates everything your family has done for it Kael," she said in almost a whisper, "but the crown will not stand for such blatant disregard for authority, honor and life. Enemy or not."

Kael slouched, on his knees, awaiting the sentence of his execution. He almost pleaded for it. The thought of dying at the side of his soldiers placed a cold calmness over him.

"Your acts permit death as a plausible course of action, but I'm not sure you deserve something so quick. In a way, execution is a soldiers death, and you have proven to be no such thing. Instead I will strip you of everything you are or would be. Of your ranks, your home and status. I won't be so naive to think I can keep you out of the country, but if you so much as breathe in Keins direction, you will lose your head.

Kael could do nothing but stare. Banishment wasn't a punishment, but a torture.

"I want you to live with your dishonor, Kael. Embrace it. Meditate it. And perhaps one day before you die, you'll find a way to salvage your soul. Guards? Escort The Butcher to the outlands." With a wave of her elegant fingers, Queen Suzane, a thing of such beauty and kindness, destroyed him.

And for the first time in his life, Kael was alone.

Macbeth%202015.jpg

[QUOTE="Crucified Fear]Character Sheet
Name: Kael Gilgrend

Weapon of Choice: Dual Scimitars (formerly long sword)

a58528eec950dcf110207a5536da97e4.jpg

Personality: Jovial, witty, sarcastic and hedonistic.

latest

Background:

"Gilgrend The Great"

The Gilgrend clan claimed their nobility through chronicles of blood and ash, and Kael was no different. Time after time the family had proven itself reliable, vital, and on the battlefield: absolutely ruthless. Tutored, trained and nearly brainwashed by his father, the General and war hero Artimedes, or "Gilgrend The Great," the young Kael was poised to take this title from his father and stake claim to his own place amongst the legends of future days. To sit amongst the stars with other great gods and monsters.

And he nearly did so. Kael rose quickly amongst the ranks, demanding to be shown no preferential treatment because of his fathers status. In the midst of the second Kildran civil war, Kael was awarded with the rank of Commander, due to his valor, battle tested strategy and undying comraderie with the men. Eternal glory was at his finger tips.

And it was wisked away in the flanks of a messengers stallion.

124449.gif

"The Butcher of Yensa"

To this day, one of the crowns most profound mishandlings was the immediate declaration of General Artimedes Gilgrends death by Vendells forces in an ambush just outside of Yensa. What ensued was one of the largest abominations of war in Kildran history. Kael disregarded orders to sit tight, rallying his men to march, they as well driven by the loss of their leader, their love fueling their hate. The legion of 5,000 men cornered the much smaller force of less than 2,000 south of the city, between natural rock formations and the dark sea.

The white flag flew. The battle was won before it even started, but Kael had not marched for prisoners. He would not show a courtesy that was denied to his own blood.

So the men charged. The stories that are told in only whispers describe the massacre. Flesh, bone and blood littered the shores, so much so that not even the mighty tides struggled to wipe away the stain. They say partially eaten remains sometimes wash ashore. Those who chose to faith the perils of the water, than the wrath of Kael.

He had made his mark. Claimed his title and solidified his place in history amongst the reviled and damned.

They say the fire they started to burn the bodies was so large it could be seen from the capitol.

There's truth to every legend.

"The Exiled"

The Queen was a good woman, but such a crime would not go unpunished.

"The Kingdom appreciates everything your family has done for it Kael," she said in almost a whisper, "but the crown will not stand for such blatant disregard for authority, honor and life. Enemy or not."

Kael slouched, on his knees, awaiting the sentence of his execution. He almost pleaded for it. The thought of dying at the side of his soldiers placed a cold calmness over him.

"Your acts permit death as a plausible course of action, but I'm not sure you deserve something so quick. In a way, execution is a soldiers death, and you have proven to be no such thing. Instead I will strip you of everything you are or would be. Of your ranks, your home and status. I won't be so naive to think I can keep you out of the country, but if you so much as breathe in Keins direction, you will lose your head.

Kael could do nothing but stare. Banishment wasn't a punishment, but a torture.

"I want you to live with your dishonor, Kael. Embrace it. Meditate it. And perhaps one day before you die, you'll find a way to salvage your soul. Guards? Escort The Butcher to the outlands." With a wave of her elegant fingers, Queen Suzane, a thing of such beauty and kindness, destroyed him.

And for the first time in his life, Kael was alone.

[/QUOTE]
Nice character. Would you consider becoming a pirate. You could be a captain of one of my ships. If not I would be happy to give you passage out of Kildra.

noremac said:
Nice character. Would you consider becoming a pirate. You could be a captain of one of my ships. If not I would be happy to give you passage out of Kildra.
We may be able to figure something out. I was contemplating making him a smuggler or something. Dirk said their would be some adult themes explored, and I'm willing to bet Azae has some pretty killer dope.

But as far as pirating goes, what sort of pirates are they? The affable Johnny Depp variety or the revolting Somalian kind? Kael did an awful thing but he isn't exactly a bad guy. He wouldn't go for slaughtering innocents forgo valuables.

[QUOTE="Crucified Fear]We may be able to figure something out. I was contemplating making him a smuggler or something. Dirk said their would be some adult themes explored, and I'm willing to bet Azae has some pretty killer dope.
But as far as pirating goes, what sort of pirates are they? The affable Johnny Depp variety or the revolting Somalian kind? Kael did an awful thing but he isn't exactly a bad guy. He wouldn't go for slaughtering innocents forgo valuables.

[/QUOTE]
My character is primarily merchant who employs piracy to get ahead in the business. There is some smuggling evolved, but that just comes with the business of trade. Wishing to ascend to Kildran nobility, Adam does not allow his identity as a pirate become known. This often means killing the entire crew of a raided ship. Adam is kind of a bad guy, but only out of necessity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back