• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Azae - A World At War (IC Started But Still Recruiting)

Zuka said:
Our characters would have an interesting Dynamic! Just FYI, Renaria (mine) is not a Holy Knight, just a regular citizen with hunting skills and religious outlooks, who the Queen took to favour. So she is now Military Trained but has no ties to the Church as such (other becoming a Successor to the Roadalia Throne).

I would love to see there relationship, my character would be fairly uninfluenced, but it would be interesting if your character were perhaps jealous of the Queen's loyality to Renaria. Maybe she hoped she would have been named successor.

I think despite their differences they can clearly see a fracturedness to the Queen and will probably work together somewhat to see she steps down so Renaria can take over?

The possibilities are endless! xD
I can tell there will be so much drama between them. Trust me Seraphina will be more than jealous of the situation.

Update: For those who care I just did some major tinkering with the timeline. I didnt really change things, just moved dates around. The Lindor-Soov War that creates Indoria is now started in the year 335. All I did was push it up a couple of decades so that a few important NPCs don't end up being ancient. Other then that almost everything is exactly the same.

Zuka said:

Renaria Velouse

Named Successor to the Roadalia Throne

Race:

75% Normasdae 25% Kildran

22 Years Old

Description:

babe-fantasy-28707.jpg

A woman of clear Norsmadae descent, tanned skin with flowing, thick brown hair. Her blue eyes the only traces from her Kildran linerage. She is tall for a woman, standing at close to 6', with most of her height in her long legs. She is fiercly strong in her own right, but dexterious and fluid in combat.

Weapon of Choice:

A beautifully hand-crafted Longbow made from the tree's surrounding the village she grew up in on the edge of the Giant Swazi Forest. Arrows also made and fletched by hand, originally from the village but now with the supplies she can access directly from the Ashah Capital in Roadalia. She also carries a short sword strapped to her lower back for close combat fighting and has trained a Homing Hawk to help her send/recieve messages directly to Queen Dasa of Roadalia. She is skilled in tracking and horse back riding which includes Archery while on horse. Her aim is pin-point accurate and is one of the many reasons the current Queen chose her as Successor.

Personality:

Renaria, simply put, is a shell within a shell. She is reserved, smart, calculating and will only speak when absolutely necessary. This may make her seem submissive, shy, or unintelligent but she is none of these. Rather, she will speak only when absolutely necessary and will act when absolutely needed. Normasdae blood clearly runs through her veins, her determination and ferocity seen only through battle or in command. She will over analyse every aspect of a situation, even with something as mundane as the way a person addresses her to the way they kneel to Pray. She is always watching, taking in every single detail with barely the movement of an eyelid. She will understand the concept of humour but finds it too troublesome or needless to act on it. For this reason, she can come off as Cold or Unfeeling. But she has a fierce devotion to those of lesser circumstances; mostly the homeless, children, farmers, workers and women. She does not take kindly to drunken escapades nor violence without reason. She absolutely detests womanizers.

Background:

Renaria grew up in a household with 3 other siblings and was the youngest of all three. The village was placed in the outskirts of the Swazi Forest, where they would hunt and gather supplies to sustain them without a fierce need to go into town or to the Capital unless absolutely necessary. In was on one such occasion, on her 14th birthday, that Renaria arrived at Ashah for the first time and was greeted with a thriving city and the hussle and bustle of people. Ever cautious, always watching, she left her parents Market Stall to disappear into the Halls of one of the Great Churchs. The silence was defeaning but the young girl releashed in it. Coming before an Altar in silence she was gracious and fluid in her approach as she knelt and prayed. Here the girl stayed, in silence, for 5 hours. Not moving a single muscle. Even in her village, she was always the first to pray and the last to leave. Mostly, for guidance, and for strength from the Goddess Azae.

Unbeknown to her the Queen had entered the Church Hall to also pray for some guidance, but having observed the very nature and gracefulness as the girl fell to her knee's she felt compelled to stay. Minutes, hours even ticked by and still the girl didn't move a muscle. The Queen could tell by the simple way her head never bowed further to her chin, or shoulder's sagged, that she was indeed conscious and not sleeping. Almost to the minute, 5 hours later, the girl stood and made her way to leave. The Queen was so astonished she stepped before the girl and asked her how old she was. The girl simply gazed up to her and honestly said "14 years to this day." Even the way she spoke seemed far older, far wiser then the Queen had expected. From that day the Queen approached the girl's parents and had her moved to the capital Ashah, where the girl very rarely left her side.

Morning/Midday/Dusk were times of pray, Mid-morning a time for military training, both with short sword, shield work, and practing her bow (which her calm, calculating mind even at the tender age of 14 caused her to be incredibly gifted, combined with a Longbow designed with the exact density to be suitable enough for both long range and devastating mid range). In the late afternoon, she walked beside the Queen for her civic duties, a never ending list of paperwork, connections to various officials, The Church as well as other nations. Renaria, always watching, always taking in the situation without needing to ask a single question. A curt nod of her head and nothing more was needed. At night they would dine together. As much as the Queen tried to almost talk to her like a daughter, love her and cherish her, the girl knew this was the Queen and made a clear distintion between her and her real Birth Mother whom still resided at home with her siblings. Renaria showed no love or affection back. Her family still hunted even from the royalites of Renaria's Shield Maiden duties, because without working they simply would have been without purpose. They were comfortable in their lifestyle.

Over the years, Renaria having grown older but not wiser as such, for she had always been observant and dutiful, the now woman noticed a strange occurance from the Queen. A new visitor arrived, an advisor, and at first Renaria would sit in on their meetings as she had always done. Not advising, simply being present. A shadow against the wall.

But then she was unexpectedly refused a seating in the meetings. The Queen's attitude began to change. She withdrew from everyone, including Renaria but still issued orders from fast paced notes shot out from under doors. Servants scurring past hearing thrashing of furniture inside her quarters.

Renaria grew more tense. Finally when the Queen emerged to the Public, the Shield Maiden noticed almost immediately she seemed feral, almost manically so, barking order's with a hiss and flick of her arm, shouting at the crowds, calling for public displays of torture for heretics. Claiming the Goddess Azae spoke to her... Renaria, had her doubts.

But what could she do?

Watch the Kingdom fall due to the Queen's fanatical tirad?

The fact the Queen still kept her somewhat within distance spoke volumes of how much the Queen adored her still, but even so, the woman doubted a single out of place word would not see she to, would be executed.

So she waits and watches.

Like the Hawk​
@KingAdrock

Could you put this Character Sheet in the cast instead of the other? It's fixed up better as the other I did in a rush

Last edited by a moderator:
Zuka said:
@KingAdrock
Could you put this Character Sheet in the cast instead of the other? It's fixed up better as the other I did in a rush
No problem ill get to it as soon as I get home in 8ish hours. Have to update @Lakita as well

Big thanks to @KingAdrock for helping me fixing Thera's CS!

Name: Thera

Race: Nomasdae -Parshumian

Weapon of Choice: Twin hook blade, an exotic weapon rarely seen or used by anyone. Thera learned how to use it on the pirate ship, and took a liking to it. Before she began her training, she asked her father to order one for her.

The weapon is perfect for her, since she is very agile and moves a lot in battle.

Personality:

Sees herself not as a soldier, but as a weapon instead. Cold blooded, ruthless, she follows any command they give to her without question and shows no mercy to the enemy. She doesn’t talk much, unless she is required to do so and allowed to speak her thoughts.

Years of enduring hardship has made her patient and much more mature than other people her age. She believes that there will be a time for everything, even during a battle where she can be so calm and silent it’s almost intimidating.

But the hardship she endured also scarred her for life, as she resulted in believing that God/s did not exist. She respected people who believe that there is one and pray to it, and mocked fanatics who could pray several times a day and couldn’t stop preaching including Queen Gayana. She also despises any form of slavery and slavers. Thera also occasionally has nightmares, which wake her up and make her unable to sleep.

Description:

022e2e920170632ea60f42cf5559bc14.jpg

A beautiful woman of mixed descent while her Parshumian feature are more prominent, with smooth light brown skin and curly raven black hair that she cuts short. She stands at 5’6” with a lean muscular body, with long arms and legs. Under her clothing is scarring from her time as a slave.

Background:

The girl did not remember much about her past. She remembered that she had an older sister, and lived by the sea in a small port town. It was there she got lured into an alley with an empty promise of free candy, kidnapped and sold to the pirates.

Those with good looks are taught how to please people of all gender and all preferences, those with good physical ability are taught how to fight and how to kill, the leftovers are taught how to clean and how to cook and how to sew. The girl was the second one, for her nimbleness and good hand to eye coordination.

She traveled with the pirates for years, where she learned how to fight and defend herself, how to speak and curse in several different languages. The girl was happy, she starting to see of them as her new family. But the pirates saw her as nothing but raw material that needed to be transformed into high-quality goods. And now that she was one, it was time to sell her at a high price.

And so the girl was sold, bought by a slaver from Kildra as a cage fighter where she would be put inside a small fighting arena and entertain the rich and nobles almost every single day.

The girl killed someone for the first time there, an older boy she grew up with on the pirate’s ship. They were pitted against each other, with a blade in his hands and a dagger in hers. The boy lunged forward, and the girl’s instinct kicked in and then, before she knew it, she slit the boy’s neck wide open. The audience, dressed in pretty colourful clothes with a mask to hide their face, laughed and clapped and cheered on her.

The girl didn't understand. What was so funny? What was so interesting?

And yet she didn’t stop.

She knew she couldn't. The moment she dropped her blade or put down her dagger someone would put her down. The girl had no choice but to continue killing, to the point she no longer cared about who or what she killed. A wolf, a lean man older than her, a child younger than her- all fresh meat.

The girl thought that she was going to die in the area one day, the same way she had been killing people. Someone will take her down. Maybe someone younger, talented and lucky. Or maybe someone older, careful and experienced. Then her corpse will be cut down into pieces, and fed to the animals locked in cages.

That is, until the man came.

He was a soldier, a captain of a foreign army. He bought her freedom, released her of her chains, took her to his home and told her to clean herself and fed her with meat. The girl snatched a fork and lunged at the man, she almost made it, if not for the man’s quick reaction. He pressed her down to the ground, and laughed.

The man told her that he had taken a liking on her, and was interested in her ability with a blade. That’s why he brought her in, as a weapon.

He named her Thera, after his daughter who died of sickness years ago.

He trained her harder than the pirates, taught her things that a fighting arena does not, and gave her love more than anyone had ever given her. He taught her how to write and how to read. She began to love him back, so much that it warmed her heart and she started calling him “Father”.

When Thera was old enough, she joined the army and became a soldier under the man she called father. She joined him in battles, fighting side by side and back to back with him. Until one day, the man was injured during a mission. He recovered, but no longer was allowed to fight and soon lost the ability to walk. Thera replaced him as captain, and her ability and how she carried out every command given to her helped her climb the ranks and before she knew it, she had joined the Holy Knights of Azae.

Thera is well known as the loyal guard dog, attacking anyone on command and striking down whomever she is tasked to even after Queen Gayana’s descent to madness, claiming that the Goddess had spoken to her and executing the High Priest. Thera doesn’t like the Queen and lost all respect to her, but she’s still her soldier. Her sword and her shield, are still a weapon to be used. So she turned blind eye to it, and continued to carry out any command given and protected the Queen as she was required to do which brought her more enemies than friends.

And no matter how free she is now, Thera is still that girl who fought inside the fighting arena. She despises slavers and slavery and nobles of Kildra and their Queen, after finding out that it was the nobles of Kildra behind the fighting pit and the slavers. Thera would do anything to get her revenge.

@KingAdrock

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, and we have wayyyy to many fierce women, I was wondering if I could maybe play a girl slave as a second character? Thinking maybe a white haired T'Ordis girl stolen and bought into slavery? No combat experience but she might add an interesting dynamic for those both for and against slavery?

And if I do, would anyone want to be her Master/friend etc? I'm open to ideas! :)

Zuka said:
@KingAdrock
Because I'm a glutton for punishment, and we have wayyyy to many fierce women, I was wondering if I could maybe play a girl slave as a second character? Thinking maybe a white haired T'Ordis girl stolen and bought into slavery? No combat experience but she might add an interesting dynamic for those both for and against slavery?

And if I do, would anyone want to be her Master/friend etc? I'm open to ideas! :)
Thera would do anything to save her/break her free/help her escape or kill her master

Zuka said:
@KingAdrock

Oh, man. I can only imagine that a young, snow haired little T'Odis girl would be enslaved for some pretty nefarious purposes..

I do love the idea, feel free to make a CS because I'd love to read one, but be aware that we are holding 2nd characters (not counting those who are taking the role of leaders/NPCs) off until we are a bit into the story and have a good system rolling in place. @Lakita has a 2nd character as well but I believe she is holding him off until the 2nd chapter.

KingAdrock said:
Oh, man. I can only imagine that a young, snow haired little T'Odis girl would be enslaved for some pretty nefarious purposes..
I do love the idea, feel free to make a CS because I'd love to read one, but be aware that we are holding 2nd characters (not counting those who are taking the role of leaders/NPCs) off until we are a bit into the story and have a good system rolling in place. @Lakita has a 2nd character as well but I believe she is holding him off until the 2nd chapter.
That's fine was just an idea I had. I just thought pretty much the entire cast, even more so the T'Odis men wouldn't much like seeing a 16year old, barely able to speak the common language, yanked by her hair and crying. (Considering as far as I am aware T'Odis don't have slaves?)

Could be an interesting arc/side plot later on :)

Zuka said:
That's fine was just an idea I had. I just thought pretty much the entire cast, even more so the T'Odis men wouldn't much like seeing a 16year old, barely able to speak the common language, yanked by her hair and crying. (Considering as far as I am aware T'Odis don't have slaves?)
Could be an interesting arc/side plot later on :)
No, there have never been slaves in T'Odis and they are DISGUSTED by the idea so you are right on the button with that one. T'Odis (the ones who grew up in the Lawful Lands) base their whole lives around honor, duty, and morals. Like I said, I definitely would love to see it pop up later on.

@LeSoraAmari @Zuka @Savagai @Jabroni @Lakita @bottlecap @noremac @too much idea @Robyn Banks @JustJazzy @Crucified Fear @Lord Zanicus

update: It's now time to take all OOC chatter to the real thread. (I also can't keep editing that humongous post. It's too much.) Go there and say hellos to everyone, make introductions, and break the ice. The beginning is on the horizon.

For those of you who I do not have a CS for yet (@Lord Zanicus & @JustJazzy ) just take your time and PM them to me when you are finished. You can also comment them into this interest check too if it pleases you.

Real Thread OOC: Azae - A World At War (Under Construction)

We are still accepting character sheets as we have had a few drops in the beginning (always expected, but still unfortunate). Feel free to comment them here or send me a PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back