• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Axiom: A Sci-Fantasy Pathfinder Campaign [ACCEPTING NEW PLAYERS]

Background is up; I left it vague as to how I joined in this group to go adventuring - not sure what I should put. Perhaps it is a mission from the Holy Order?

It could be...perhaps she had what she believes is a vision from Metatron one night?

It could be...perhaps she had what she believes is a vision from Metatron one night?

That would do it.  A prompting from Metatron would lead her across the galaxy to please her God.  Do we know each other prior to game start, or are we meeting up?

That would do it.  A prompting from Metatron would lead her across the galaxy to please her God.  Do we know each other prior to game start, or are we meeting up?

I think it might make sense if our characters knew each other. Maybe our characters go to the same church? In fact that might also be a factor in her motivation for going. The church began to get the mission prepared and your character had the vision which motivated her to volunteer for it?

Hm, I'm kind of liking the idea of this being a kind of holy expedition-perhaps it should be called "The Quest for the Holy Lapis"

Last edited by a moderator:
What do we know about the Lapis?  What is it supposed to be/do?

What do we know about the Lapis?  What is it supposed to be/do?

It's some sort of blue crystal stone containing Great Power™ crafted by Metatron (or rather the being that Metatron is a reincarnation of-it's complicated, but basically humanity had a god protecting it, it died, and was later reincarnated in the form of a super AI) along with the help of some other gods. However, fearing Apollyon might destroy it or use it for evil ends, he hid it somewhere he didn't think Apollyon would look, with the intention of letting mortals rediscover it in his name later on. Unfortunately, he uh...kind of forgot exactly where he put it (because he died).

We have no idea what exactly it does, but whatever it does is awesome. I know what it does, but I don't want to spoil it ;)

Since we're on the topic of Metatron, he's what's called a Matryoshka Brain, a Dyson Swarm/Sphere powering a truly epic super computer. He often communicates with a holographic avatar that resembles Tabuu from Brawl a bit.

Alex, despite being a monk won't be much of a religious character, but that's not to say he wouldn't associate with the church a little (he's still trained as a sort of monk after all).

It'll be written more clearly when I write up his background, but the idea is he'll basically be on this mission in place of his master who took him in and trained him due to his master being off world for an over-extended period of time (and thought dead by most).

Alex, despite being a monk won't be much of a religious character, but that's not to say he wouldn't associate with the church a little (he's still trained as a sort of monk after all).

It'll be written more clearly when I write up his background, but the idea is he'll basically be on this mission in place of his master who took him in and trained him due to his master being off world for an over-extended period of time (and thought dead by most).

Sure.

Intrigued. We've got Luke the Paladin, Han Solo the Gunslinger, Chewie the Monk,

so it only seems reasonable for the next addition to be R2-D2 the Elven Tech-Wizard.

I'm somewhat intrigued by the "Decker" archetype mentioned in the rules doc, but there's absolutely nothing said about it.

I'm assuming robotic familiars, bonuses to craft and use device, the ability to hack and/or hijack machine systems, etc.

Considering the only other system to use the term "Decker" is Shadowrun, I'm guessing that's what it takes inspiration from.

Intrigued. We've got Luke the Paladin, Han Solo the Gunslinger, Chewie the Monk,

so it only seems reasonable for the next addition to be R2-D2 the Elven Tech-Wizard.

I'm somewhat intrigued by the "Decker" archetype mentioned in the rules doc, but there's absolutely nothing said about it.

I'm assuming robotic familiars, bonuses to craft and use device, the ability to hack and/or hijack machine systems, etc.

Considering the only other system to use the term "Decker" is Shadowrun, I'm guessing that's what it takes inspiration from.

From what I gather it's something along those lines. Basically in old Dragonstar there was a useless "Mechanist" class, so the guy creating the Dragonstar conversion decided to let other classes use its abilities (repair and upgrade equipment). You might want to look through the old dragonstar manual to see the mechanist class? I dunno.

Robotic familiars sounds like it could be cool.

Yeah,it should be up later today. I had a late night at work so unfortunately, I have no time to write it up right now.

So I saw the original Dragonstar document, and here's my homebrew Decker ( a combination of inspiration from the tinkering mechanist class, and Shadowrun's rogueish Decker class):

DECKER: Wizard Archetype

The Right Tools

All Deckers gain the Technical Proficiency feat, gain proficiency with one-handed firearms, and gain Disable Device and Pilot as class skills. The Decker can add his INT modifier to any attack roll made with a one-handed firearm.

This ability alters the Wizard's weapon proficiencies and class skills, and replaces the Wizard's Scribe Scroll feat.

You Can't Buy Loyalty, But You Can Build It

The Decker must choose a familiar as his Arcane Bond. He gains the service of a tiny, spherical Robotic Familiar. A Robotic Familiar uses the same stats as a Raven Familiar, with the following exceptions:

• A Robotic Familiar is a technological construct, not a magical beast.
  • A Robotic Familiar speaks in a collection of seemingly random beeps and blips that only its master can understand. It can still understand one language, chosen by its master at first level, just like the Raven.
  • A Robotic Familiar's flight is wingless and propulsion-based.
  • A Robotic Familiar can internally store (and use, at the DM's discretion) a single non-magical object weighing 5 pounds or less, such as Thieves' Tools. At 7th level, a Robotic Familiar can store a single wand, scroll or potion instead. Potions may be administered via injection to adjacent, willing or unconscious targets. A Robotic Familiar does not gain the "Speak with animals of its kind" ability at 7th level.
  • A Robotic Familiar's bonus is applied to Disable Device (Int.) instead of Appraise (Int.)
  • A Robotic Familiar does not grant the Alertness feat to its master at first level.

This ability alters Arcane Bond.

Trapfinding (Ex.) & Sabotage (Su.)

At first level, a Decker gains Trapfinding (Ex.) as the Rogue special ability. 

Sabotage (Su.) At first level, a Decker can perform a touch attack as a standard action against any non-magical, technological device. With a DC15 Disable Device check, he causes the device to malfunction, rendering it unusable. The device can be fixed with a repair check, with a DC equal to the Decker's Disable Device check. A Decker can also use this ability against a technological creature, at a DC of 10+1/2 target's HD+target's INT mod. A successful check causes the creature be dazed for 1 round and take 1d6 damage per 2 class levels. A failed check deals only half damage and does not daze the target. A Decker can use this ability 3+INT times per day.

This ability replaces both the wizard's arcane school special abilities gained at level 1.

Datajack (Su.)

At 8th level, a Decker can integrate himself directly into a machine, hijacking it entirely. This is a possession effect. While jacking into a machine or data system, the Decker's physical form is considered paralyzed and helpless. The Decker can access all data the machine has stored, can utilize all of its senses, and can control its actions. If the machine has an existing AI, the AI may make a will save, DC 10+1/2 the Decker's class level+the Decker's INT mod, each round. A success forces the Decker back into his own body and take 3d6 nonlethal damage. The Decker can use this ability for a total of 1 round per class level each day, usable in 1 round increments.

This ability replaces the wizard's arcane school special ability gained at 6th or 8th level.

So I saw the original Dragonstar document, and here's my homebrew Decker ( a combination of inspiration from the tinkering mechanist class, and Shadowrun's rogueish Decker class):

DECKER: Wizard Archetype

The Right Tools

All Deckers gain the Technical Proficiency feat, gain proficiency with one-handed firearms, and gain Disable Device and Pilot as class skills. The Decker can add his INT modifier to any attack roll made with a one-handed firearm.

This ability alters the Wizard's weapon proficiencies and class skills, and replaces the Wizard's Scribe Scroll feat.

You Can't Buy Loyalty, But You Can Build It

The Decker must choose a familiar as his Arcane Bond. He gains the service of a tiny, spherical Robotic Familiar. A Robotic Familiar uses the same stats as a Raven Familiar, with the following exceptions:

• A Robotic Familiar is a technological construct, not a magical beast.
  • A Robotic Familiar speaks in a collection of seemingly random beeps and blips that only its master can understand. It can still understand one language, chosen by its master at first level, just like the Raven.
  • A Robotic Familiar's flight is wingless and propulsion-based.
  • A Robotic Familiar can internally store (and use, at the DM's discretion) a single non-magical object weighing 5 pounds or less, such as Thieves' Tools. At 7th level, a Robotic Familiar can store a single wand, scroll or potion instead. Potions may be administered via injection to adjacent, willing or unconscious targets. A Robotic Familiar does not gain the "Speak with animals of its kind" ability at 7th level.
  • A Robotic Familiar's bonus is applied to Disable Device (Int.) instead of Appraise (Int.)
  • A Robotic Familiar does not grant the Alertness feat to its master at first level.

This ability alters Arcane Bond.

Trapfinding (Ex.) & Sabotage (Su.)

At first level, a Decker gains Trapfinding (Ex.) as the Rogue special ability. 

Sabotage (Su.) At first level, a Decker can perform a touch attack as a standard action against any non-magical, technological device. With a DC15 Disable Device check, he causes the device to malfunction, rendering it unusable. The device can be fixed with a repair check, with a DC equal to the Decker's Disable Device check. A Decker can also use this ability against a technological creature, at a DC of 10+1/2 target's HD+target's INT mod. A successful check causes the creature be dazed for 1 round and take 1d6 damage per 2 class levels. A failed check deals only half damage and does not daze the target. A Decker can use this ability 3+INT times per day.

This ability replaces both the wizard's arcane school special abilities gained at level 1.

Datajack (Su.)

At 8th level, a Decker can integrate himself directly into a machine, hijacking it entirely. This is a possession effect. While jacking into a machine or data system, the Decker's physical form is considered paralyzed and helpless. The Decker can access all data the machine has stored, can utilize all of its senses, and can control its actions. If the machine has an existing AI, the AI may make a will save, DC 10+1/2 the Decker's class level+the Decker's INT mod, each round. A success forces the Decker back into his own body and take 3d6 nonlethal damage. The Decker can use this ability for a total of 1 round per class level each day, usable in 1 round increments.

This ability replaces the wizard's arcane school special ability gained at 6th or 8th level.

Ok. I think that looks acceptable. You can play that if you like.

Updated the rest of the character sheet including the backstory.

Unless you spot a problem with the character sheet, I'm all good to go.

I just kept the copy/paste from the pathfinder tool because it was the easiest way to go and I'm going to keep using it to update the status of my character so in the end it just kind of makes my life easier.

So at the moment, we have three pcs and one npc. Any other prospects? And is there an estimate for when we will start the board officially?

Also, if you would like, I can send a shout out to some other friends of mine to see if they would like to join.

So at the moment, we have three pcs and one npc. Any other prospects? And is there an estimate for when we will start the board officially?

Three other people (Cinderfloof, Vinom, and Daimo, I think) who've stated their desire to join. I'm unaware if they've actually started writing their characters, however. They haven't contacted me since then.

Also, if you would like, I can send a shout out to some other friends of mine to see if they would like to join.

If you like. You know what they say, the more the merrier! (Particularly because people tend to drop out of RPs part-way through)

I want to ask you something. How are Halflings treated in this world.

I was thinking Halflings might be related to Dwarves (or maybe descended from Dwarf-Elf hybrids), but I'm not sure. They largely exist in relatively small communities here and there, preferring a simple way of life. They've largely survived by being beneath the notice of more powerful groups, and they consider themselves smart because of this. Even Orcs tend to pay Halfling colonies no mind since they consider fighting them to be boring and they rarely have anything worth pillaging for.

Some Halflings take jobs as spies and thieves, which has caused some people to distrust Halfling visitors. Most people, however, simply consider them...for lack of a better term, cute. This is a double-edged sword for Halflings since not that many people hate them, but also they tend to be underestimated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back