• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Awful Midnight Poetry: an "Epithet Erased" RP!

TruthHurts_22

Funtimes Salesman
The city of Gleebridge is a stunning metropolis of technological innovation and excess happiness. Crime is down to minuscule arrests, and nobody has anything to complain about, ever! "Everyone Smiles In Gleebridge", the city's motto, sure does ring true... if you actually believe that crap.

The low crime rates, the zero complaints, it's all a load of phooey. Gleebridge's mayor is so obsessed with making everyone happy that he's letting the city crumble; criminals don't get arrested, terrible compromises for serious problems, frivolous spending to give everyone what they want. It's a great big mess. And if that isn't the worst of the problems, Gleebridge's got one serious epidemic:

The Poet.

An enigmatic figure who foretells disaster and tragedy through really, really bad poems. They've returned after their debut a whole ten years earlier to either wreck havoc or warn of it. No one's really sure, but there's definitely havoc happening, and The Poet is in the center of it all. The poems keep piling up - will Gleebridge see its ruins, or its resurgence? Who or what is The Poet, and what could their motive be? And why do they just absolutely SUCK at writing?

All this and more will (probably) be revealed, in...

msxvBQR.png
~ ~ ~

Hello, and welcome to my newest RP! Awful Midnight Poetry is set in the world of Epithet Erased, so if you know what that is already, then you have a pretty good idea what we'll be getting into. But for those who don't, take a seat, it's easy to explain!

In Epithet Erased, every 1 in 30 person is born with an Epithet: a singular word bound to their soul that lets them do... stuff. (Think Quirks from MHA, but more abstract and magical.) Having the Epithet of Soup could let your character create and control, well, Soup, while Architect can allow them to craft miniature buildings with unique effects. Due to this, the world is wacky, full of crazy personalities and even crazier happenstances, so this will not be a very serious RP. I'd recommend watching at least some of the series to understand the vibe we're shooting for, it's free on Youtube!

As said above, the RP will focus on Gleebridge, a large and bright city that's pretty obviously not as nice and awesome as people would say. Crime is a pretty common occurrence on any scale, most institutions are underfunded and mismanaged, and, oh yeah, there's some weird poetry that's been making really crazy things happen. What're ya gonna do?

This RP will play a little differently from most; each chapter will focus on a different location within Gleebridge, whatever madcap situation is happening there, and an almost entirely different cast of characters. Including PCs! The fun of Epithet Erased is to come up with weird powers and weirder people, and to facilitate that, players will be making brand spanking new characters every chapter (barring some instances, but that will be explained in other threads).

So now you know the gist, and I hope you're not remiss, because this one, will be a lot of fun! At least, y'know, I hope so.

I have seen a few of the videos years back but it seemed fun so interested. Note that the videos on youtube are not the ones I'm thinking off since they were actually TTRPG campaigns on twitch though I remember "Barrier" guy IE Ingus, Mera and Sylvie.

I found some of the TTRPG episodes here under the name animecampaign

Last edited:
I don't know how much if any of this will be used but here are the rules for the TTRPG if anyone s interested. It has some good advice on deciding powers at least

To be clear, the Tabletop rules won't be used for this RP, mostly due to them being hard to work in a play-by-post format. Doesn't hurt to read it if you want to get inspired, though!

Heeeey, just giving this one more dump! To anyone who had interest already, I'm going to be making a character thread sometime this week, so... look out for it!

Ah, I am, sorry about that! Been havin' some issues, but hopefully I should be able to get the thread out by tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back