• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Avengers: Rebellion Initiative

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Director Phil Coulson sat in the rusted remains of the SHIELD Helicarrier, now the base of operations for the resistance, thinking over the events of recent days. The cabal, an evil quadrumvirate of The Red Skull, Doctor Doom, Loki, and MODOK along with their assorted minions and other bad guys, had been hitting the resistance hard. Three attacks on three separate bases in the space of a month. Things were looking bad.

“We took another hit today.” It was Maria. “I don't think we can hold out much longer.”

“Neither do I.” Coulson said.

“Do you have a plan?”

“Do you?”

“There is one option.”

“Too risky.”

“If we don't do it we might not have a chance.”

“And if we do?”

“Remember the battle of New York?”

“How could I not.”

“This might be even better.”

Coulson thought for a minute before turning to an agent behind him.

“Agent Williams!” He barked. “Get Dr. Pym down here! The Avengers Initiative is back online!”

GM notes.

Hey there true believers. My greeting is rather appropriate for today's roleplay. This is a little something that me and --Nero-- --Nero-- cooked up although I haven't heard from them in a while so I'm not sure what they're status is. Anyway, the premise of this story is that most heroes are dead (most of the original avengers, the FF, nick fury, etc.) and a quadrumvirate of Loki, Red Skull, Doctor Doom, and MODOK have taken over the world and split it four ways. Because of this Phil Coulson and Maria Hill have set up a resistance full of old shield agents and have restarted the avengers initiative. So, are you in?

Is this based off of the comics or the MCU? Judging by the villains, I'd say the former, but I thought Coulson was a one-shot character for the movies who was brought back due to popularity. Either way, I don't know much about the comics and don't want to unintentionally create a character similar to one that already exists.

Is this based off of the comics or the MCU? Judging by the villains, I'd say the former, but I thought Coulson was a one-shot character for the movies who was brought back due to popularity. Either way, I don't know much about the comics and don't want to unintentionally create a character similar to one that already exists.
It's based off of the comics and the movies with some influence from the 2010 animated universe.

May I ask who?

Oh! Btw! This is a oc only roleplay because all the heroes who are canon who are still alive are mostly loners.
I was gonna make a new juggernaut to fill hulks role as the heavy hitter. (a little toned down perhaps but with room to grow.)
14d28cc2bcd14c1e700d929a74d830e3--hero-arts-line-art.jpg
This is him :)

Last edited:
Just a thought, but why is MODOK part of the Quadrumvirate? Isn't he more of a lieutenant class henchman type of villain? Like, still very useful but not really leader material? Ultron would be a better pick in my opinion. Still, it's up to you, just pointing out my suggestion. It may just be that I find MODOK more goofy than intimidating.

Just a thought, but why is MODOK part of the Quadrumvirate? Isn't he more of a lieutenant class henchman type of villain? Like, still very useful but not really leader material? Ultron would be a better pick in my opinion. Still, it's up to you, just pointing out my suggestion. It may just be that I find MODOK more goofy than intimidating.
He's actually a mastermind in his own right. Like when he was part of The Intelligencia or in Super-Villain Team-Up MODOK's 11

Because magneto is extremely prejudiced and ultron would kill all of them because he's an evil robot supremacist so neither of them would actually work with a quadumvirate.

Because magneto is extremely prejudiced and ultron would kill all of them because he's an evil robot supremacist so neither of them would actually work with a quadumvirate.
I see your point. It would suck if one of the member of your quadrumvurate's goal is total annihilation when the others just wanted world domination. How awkward would that be? Still though, you must admit MODOK is a bit goofy and cheesy looking when compared to the other members of the Quadrumvirate.

I see your point. It would suck if one of the member of your quadrumvurate's goal is total annihilation when the others just wanted world domination. How awkward would that be? Still though, you must admit MODOK is a bit goofy and cheesy looking when compared to the other members of the Quadrumvirate.
He can actually be really terrifying when he wants to be though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back