• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers: A New Age (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Pat sat on the bunk, his scowl only deepening with timed passed, if there was one thing he hated was his time being wasted. He started pacing as his buddy still hadn't decided to wake up, which was starting to pise him off, during the fight he had 'appropriated' some chocolate from a store he happened to be thrown into during the brawl so his companion couldn't complain. He sighed trying to entertain himself to prevent an episode of insanity from taking hold, he really was being bored to death. He went back to pacing until he heard someone walking towards his cell.

He saw one of the two people he had fought before he landed in the cell, she stopped mid stride and stare silently, he looked side to side after an awkward hello "Did someone walk on your grave or am I really that ugly?" he asked in a half joking tone as he crossed his arms and looked at the smaller girl.

sitanomoto sitanomoto

Apologies and Offers

Robin paused again, cocking her head to regard the figure in front of her. "Uh... none of the above. I was just expecting you to be more red and..." she gestured at him. "Symbiote-ish?" She chuckled and leaned against the wall. "Well, I mean a sym has to have a human host, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised."

She paused, looking at Pat again. This guy hosted a symbiote, but It didn't matter. She shrunk to the size of a tic-tac and grew to the height of a medium building. Judging by appearances should never be a go-to. "A-anyway.... uh...." she scratched the back of her head (well.... helmet.) again. "I wanted to apologize for trying to beat the shit out of you. I really screwed up and I apologize for that." She looked up at the ceiling, leaning her head against the wall. "It's hard, trying to do the right thing. My assumptions bit me in the ass and now I'm paying for it, and you are too, and that's not fair." She turned to look at him. "I can't let you out without clearance from Cass or one of the Rogers, but I can at least stay put and keep you company so it won't be just you two and your thoughts."
She stopped again, grimacing under her helmet. What she had said sounded.... well, she didn't know how it sounded, but she knew it might be weird. "That is.... if you don't want me to turn tail and beat it."
A couple of her ants crawled into the room behind her, holding something tiny in their jaws. "Oh, hey Antoinette, Mark Antony." She smiled as she knelt for a moment. "You brought me my cards!" Robin looked at Pat and shrugged as she turned back to direct the ants to press the button on the side of the tiny decks. They enlarged to their normal sizes, a pair of metal playing card decks, and then the ants Scampered off. "Collector's edition." She said, off-handedly to Pat. "Wanna play a game of war or somethin?" She gestured to slots in the wall on her side and on his side. " I can send a deck through."
Robin you Nerd. she thought. Why would he even consider that????
Midrick Midrick
~~~~~~~~~
Premission Jitters
Cassie watched as Connor and Rigel disappeared with Finn, and she breathed a sigh. "Friday?"
"Yes?"
"How are we looking with those security cameras?"
"They're all on a playback loop of three minutes before you got here, during a shift change when no one was walking the halls."
"Good. Thanks." Cassie said, fingering a mini arc reactor in her pocket. "Thank God for nanotech." She muttered.

CasualDragon CasualDragon Crono Crono Braddington Braddington

Last edited:
Connor Rogers
Tags: CasualDragon CasualDragon Braddington Braddington Safton Safton

Connor listened closely to Finn's countdown, then both felt and heard them poof away. The next moment they were at their destination, Connor was quick to open his eyes and turn both his head and body to scan and make sure the immediate area was clear. Maybe a little to quick he realized, as immediately he felt his body start listing to one side. Clearly closing his eyes had no effect, he'd remember that for next time. Connor caught and steadied himself before anything could occur, halting his movement temporarily to regain his his internal balance. Finn took the initiative to shuffle them into a more suitable location thankfully. At the question the blonde had glanced at Rigel, seeing the blonde teen next to him trying to break from his own disorientation. "Go on, we'll be fine." He told Finn with a flash of a smile, and once the mutant had poofed away Connor turned to Rigel and gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Wait here while you gather yourself until they show back up, I'm just going to take a look at our surroundings."

With that Connor had moved up to a nearby door and gently opened it to glance outside, he was met with sunlight which told him what he wanted to know. They were exactly where the jump planned to be, just inside the facility. Connor backed off from the door, reaching up he tapped the comm in his ear and started speaking in a mildly hushed tone, "Coulson, how's it looking in there?" He'd asked, already walking back towards where he'd left Rigel. It was possible Isaiah was in a position where couldn't answer so Connor didn't expect an answer, but it would be a small relief to get one either way.​

Rachel Remy LeBeau
(Gambit)

Remy LeBeau had never been an official Avenger, something about being too reckless, too secretive and bending the rules too often? But that didn't mean he didn't have access to the tower.

Remy was well known for vanishing for months on end and then reappearing somewhere on the opposite side of the world. But he would visit Avengers Tower, once, maybe thrice a year. He'd hang around for a day or two, collect some files, talk to the few people he considered friends and then head off.

Today seemed to be one of those days. The figure that was dismounting the black motorbike certainly looked like Gambit. Tall, lean, with a floppy fringe of dark auburn-brown hair and glowing red eyes. And then there was the costume- Remy was one of the few people who could pull off a dark trenchcoat, knee-high metal boots, chest armour and fingerless gloves.

But the figure striding up to the entrance wasn't Gambit, it was his daughter- Rachel LeBeau- and his best-kept secret. Rachel was the spitting image of her father, the only difference was that her hair was a few shades darker. She had even managed to polymorph a decent proclamation of her fathers stubble.

Twirling her bo staff in one hand and she strode confidentially towards one of the side entrances of the building. She spoke out to the intercom in the Cajun accent that had become one of her father's trademarks "Frahday, you there? It's me, Gambit. I'm here 'bout Ray. And trust me, ah wouldn't be here if it wasn' important. So how 'bout letting me in, yeah?"

Her voice broke slightly when she said her father's name. Friday the AI was of the few who knew of Rachel's existence. She didn't specifyy which Gambit, she was instead letting the AI decide for itself.

@whoever plays as Friday
(open to anyone getting involved really)

Last edited:
The general smiles "Vu can zank zee three of us. Ve prought vu here asvell as mended vu ." The general motions to his two other companions in the empty garage

"Yeaaaa..." Mammmmax responds cautiously eyeing Esk with suspsicion from where he's sitting

"W-we ummmm...Did the best we could. Well, I patched you up....To the best of my limited ability. I don't really....Specialize in fixing or anything, so don't assume I did a miracle or whatever." Tinkerer says nervously as he puts all the money that he had dropped back in the back in bag quickly

FearItself FearItself
----------------------------
As Morgan approaches, she sees that the person was a blonde teen wearing black and white spandex and one-piece goggles. She groans in pain for a moment as her body aches and the screams of pedestrians are making things worse for her already aching head. If only she could just lay here.....Then suddenly she here's "heroes" and her closed eyes open wide in an instant "Hereos! Where!?" The blonde looks around frantically until she sees Morgan and her white hair and her overall presence tels her that she's one. "Thank you!" She gets up and grabs on to her arms "Please, I need your help! I'm being hunted by 3 guys and need some help! Like really bad!"

D3lmoniko D3lmoniko Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

Walter Bech
New York Streets, Taking on a Mob
Wishing people knew how to fight better.

Walter danced back, a wild and feral grin on his face as a fist missed him by a mile. His prosthetics moved frenetically, but with precision and grace that belied the skill that their owner had put into learning how to move with them. While the combatants against him struggled, forcing violence into their mind, their body and their actions, Walter took to the brawl like a duck to water, finding himself at home in the chaos. Ducking as a swing came from his right, Walt bent at his back and rotated his waist, keeping his feet planted as his torso did all the work of bringing him under the swing and putting him perfectly in line to drive a strike or two straight into the side and back of his second assailant.

As Walt shifted his stance after the strike, the man that had been coming at his front stumbled over the freshly dropped ally and wrapped his arms around Walt's right. Using his left arm, he grabbed the assailant's belt and used the man's weight against him, hauling him off to the left and throwing his weight against the fool as he slammed him four times against the side of an SUV.

Of course, this wasn't the movies, and windows on cars were tougher than most people realised, and after four solidly hollow thuds, the man on Walt's right arm dropped, his eyes dilated poorly from the concussion given as his skull bounced off the glass.

As Walt's second assailant slid to the ground, he heard a grunt behind him, and in the reflection of the car window he saw that the one holding the tire iron, who had been the guy rubbing his eyes, seemed to have tripped over the first person Walt had taken down, sending his swing wider than intended. It took only the smallest of shifts to the left as Walt spun to put his back to the vehicles and let the tire iron pass inches from his head to shatter the window left side passenger window.

In an immediate follow up, another one of the mob had lunged forward, throwing out a punch clearly intended for Walt, but the man knew it wasn't going to be quick enough to catch him. Shift back to the left, he shouldered past the man extricating the tire iron from the shattered window and laughed as he heard a wet and meaty cracking as his fourth assailant's fist met the driver side window and he dropped to the ground, clutching his hand.

Skipping backwards a few feet, Walt took stock and found that his first assailant was recovering and almost back on his feet, while his third, the Flashbang Eater, was turning around, brandishing the tire iron, and a fifth and sixth who'd been lingering on the edges of the group were looking like they'd finally found their testicles and were ready to get involved.

Isaiah heard Connor's voice in his ear, knowing that Finn had likely already "jumped" him in as well. At the moment, Coulson was phased "inside" a wall -- leaning forward so that only the front of his face was peeking through the surface as he watched another security patrol. It was an incredibly taxing position to maintain for any length of time and he could already feel the toll it was taking on his body and mind. In any case, it seems that his suspicions had been correct: the security behind the access door the scientist had gone through was much tighter and Coulson could hear a distant electrical hum in the depths of the dam.

Deciding now was as good a time as any to return to the rest of the team, Isaiah turned and flitted through the walls of the facility until emerging alongside Connor and Rigel. He raised a hand in apology, knowing his sudden appearance had possibly spooked them. Taking a moment to regain his composure, Izzy took a deep breath before nodding to Connor. "Down the corridor and to the right, there's a secure access door. Keycards only. I was able to get past it -- it heads down and towards the center of the dam. Security's tight down there -- roving patrols and cameras -- and there's definitely some kind of hefty power source, but I wasn't able to get any closer without risking a fight."

Interactions: Crono Crono Braddington Braddington

Connor was fine with him taking off and so that was exactly what he did. He jumped back out to the remaining two people. He was feeling the beginnings of tiredness settle in but it was exactly what he expected. He would be breathing a bit heavier once he had these last two in but it would all be according to plan. He would certainly be napping the whole way home though. Or very much so dragging his feet. But how tired he would be after the mission didn't matter until just that. He rolled his shoulders as he strolled over to the last two. "You two ready to go?" He glanced up at the sky for a moment. Part of him wanted to just curl up in the grass and nap in the warmth. He looked back at the two of them, grabbed the strings, swung them in a few circles and than held one out for either person. "Let's get in there and do this thing."
Pyosimros Pyosimros sitanomoto sitanomoto

Morgan

Morgan stood beyond the wall of people surrounding the fallen body. Feeling a hand on her shoulder she snapped her head back to see Terri standing there. "Yeah, sorry I don't know what came over me. But it doesn't matter. We are already roped into this. Its alright, I think everything will be fine." Morgan said before looking back towards the girl. Feeling a hand latch onto her's Morgan looked down but hesitated at what the woman was saying. "I uhm.. no I'm a fair- Yes I am a hero." Morgan said realizing she almost spilled the beans but inadvertently set herself into a whole other series of events. Internally Morgan began to summarily execute the intelligent parts of her brain while all the while trying to play down the fact that she was beyond her league in this situation.

D3lmoniko D3lmoniko Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Pharoah
Giza, Egypt

Amos listened closely as the jackal named Anu explained the situation to him in loose detail. Apparently the gods were real, Apophis died killing them 12,000 years ago. Ever since then the spirit of Apophis and the Spirits of the egyptian gods had been in a race to revive themselves. Apophis would possess someone random, and the gods would choose a champion. Either way they were all after the same thing, the divine stones of Egypt. It had only been about 2 minutes when dust clouds in the distance accompanied by sirens signalled the authorities were arriving. This caused him to think as to why they would be coming here...the sphinx. "Please tell me i didnt just blow up a four thousand year old monument..." Amos said sounding surprised again ay his deep adult voice. The jackal chuckled "Of course not...the Sphinx is far older than four thousand years. It was built when the gods still lived." Anu said in a Lighthearted tone. "Okay so how do i get outta here?" he asked starting to sound more frantic. "you fly...i know your new but come on man you were floating like three seconds ago." the jackal seemed to find amusement in amos confusion before adding "You could ask the old pharoahs if you dont know how." Amos still looked confused amd was about to ask who when he heard a voice in his head. "I believe he is referring to us" it was a feminine sounding voice that simply radiated authority. He was about to respond when the voice said "Shut up and listen, i can help you. Look at the green stone on your chest." He listened, looking down at the Emerald he only now noticed was slotted in his chest. There was an ornate carving of a falcon within it. "Brand that effigy into your imagination and put it where you wanna go thats how you steer also so be careful." amos did as he was told and as soon as he envisioned the falcon he felt a well of energy spring up in him. He could actually hear the cars now alomg with the sound of helicopters in the distance. He looked up envisioning the effigy high above the clouds, and he felt himself being pulled towards the effigy at high speeds, he looked down seeing the cars pulling up to the crater that was once a world wonder. Anu was no longer there a few of the men pointed at him but he broke through the cloud cover before weapons were trained on him. Once he reached the effigy he stopped in mid air. "Not bad kid, where too from here?" the feminine voice said. Amos didnt respond out loud, she clearly could hear his thoughts as she responded to them before. So he just invisioned his families small 2 bedroom home and hesitated before stamping a falcon symbol on it with his imagination. As soon as he had placed it he was rocketing towards Cairo...

(open.)

Rachel sighed as Friday told her to go to the front desk. She hoped this wouldn't screw up her plan. She needs to get to the file room. Not only to declare her father as dead, but to erase some files too. Friday didn't say whether he knew that she was not her father or not, which was worrying.

She pushed back the fringe of floppy hair and made her way to the front desk. Her boots made little sound as she walked across the lobby, despite their thick soles and metal caps.

She couldn't help but state at the lobby around her. It was clearly designed to show off and put a sense of fear into anyone who entered the building. It would subliminally enforce the idea that those who were authorised to walk the hallowed halls were "superior" or "worthy" or in some way above the ordinary mortal.

But that could just be Rachel's cynical and snarky nature. To Rachel that was a load of bull. But her opinions were unpopular with anyone who wasn't her father. They thought her too cynical or too snarky or too antisocial or too...... whatever.

She made her way to the desk, where the receptionist was sitting. A sign identified her as Constance. She cleared her throat.

NanLia NanLia

Last edited:
Interactions - Demonhunter Demonhunter - Deimos, _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ - Rachel​

Constance listened to the kid recount his story again - sounding worried about consequences. So far as the reporting was coming in the incident was on going. "I'm not sure what 'smiting' is but I doubt he'll be pleased, or Miss Rogers for that matters. She's kinda by the books when it comes to how mutants behave in public." She turned off the monitor, as it was she hadn't scheduled any tours for the day. On a typical day the front lobby of the Avenger's Tower would be filled with school children and tourists excited to see the facility and the home the world heroes. With most of them off overseas on a mission, she was left to run the place and handle the newest recruits. "Com'on," She stood from her chair, collecting several files she needed to deliver to candidates waiting upstairs. "I'll get you upstairs and settled until your, err, parents come to collect you."

She paused as the doors opened, admitting another into the front lobby. She watched as the scruffy looking millennial shuffled across the room and stood before her desk. Constance blinked as the newcomer cleared their throat but didn't speak. "Can I be of assistance?"

Theresa Xavier

Terri let out a rather tired sigh. They sure were enveloped in this now, whatever it was. Although she didn't like this one bit, Terri would not abandon her friend, or someone in need. Terri crossed her arms at the sudden emergence of the girl, grabbing Morgan. Going close to her, Terri shook her head, putting a hand on the girl's shoulder. "We're not heroes, but we'll do our best, alright?" She flashed a warm smile towards this seemingly lost girl. "Let us go somewhere for you to calm down, and tell us what happened, alright? I'm Terri by the way." Terri sure had a rather friendly attitude, even to total strangers.

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Deimos's wing's sink down upon hearing who was in charge may not take the fact he'd defended himself with some... less than pleasant force. The look of terror on the dragon child's face did manage to get a bit hidden but he was still nervous. He'd met a few others with abilities, even helped a few with magic-based abilities to figure out their capabilities... but he'd never met anyone who dealt with people like him daily. If he wasn't in trouble, he'd probably be a bit excited.

But right now he was still coming down from the fear induced high that made him flash bang a man in the face.

Remembering that, the dragon folds his wings in on himself like a heavy blanket before straightening, the upper set lifting up confidently and the lower set moving down to show slightly beneath the larger main set, just more dragging behind him due to their sheer length and weight. Typically Deimos did at least make an effort to make them less than conspicuous and and out of the way as he could, which meant his normal stature was holding them in an incredibly constricted position, tightly against his back, inner set confined beneath the outer. It was the equivalent of a human being forced to keep their arms flush to their sides. Now he'd relaxed a bit more knowing it was fine for him to release them. Thank you. Just a warning, My mother can be a bit eccentric.

NanLia NanLia

Rachel LeBeau
(Gambit)
Location: Avengers Tower (telling the truth, hoping to get access to the files)
The receptionist seemed to be dealing with some kind of drama involving a winged child, smiting and the mother of said child. When she was finished she turned towards Rachel and asked: "Can I be of assistance?" Rachel could see the woman automatically judging her appearance. She starightened up slightly and flicked her hair away from her face, revealing unnatural black eyes with red centres.

"Yes actually. I am here on behalf of de Thieve's Guild. De mutant X-man known as Gambit has died and protocol dictates that I have to be de one to edit his files and write up de account of his death. He wasn't an Avenger, but he did work with dem many times, so we know for a fact dat his file is here. I'm operatin' under de Grandmaster's orders" As she spoke she was aware of how prominent her Cajun-French accent sounded.

She was telling the truth. Her father was the Grandmaster and these were his orders. He had indeed told her to do all of this and some more. Reaching into the pocket of her coat she pulled out two envelopes. Her movements were strangely smooth and fluid, in direct contrast with her scruffy appearance.

One was made of a high-quality cream paper, embossed with an intricate crest and the words "In the event of my death" written in black ink on the front. The second a pale green. She passed both of them to Constance. "these will explain it better than I possibly could"

The first envelope was addressed to "whom it may concern" and detailed that in the event of the death of Remy LeBeau the bearer of the envelope- a certain Rachel Tzenta- was to declare him deceased on each of the major hero databases across world and to write up the death report and include any proof of death that the Thieves Guild could provide.

The second letter was written in Cajun French and addressed to Rachel herself. It explained the same things as the first, but went into more personal detail and said that if she was unable to do this duty the job should be passed to someone named Elliott Lyrans. Both letters were writen in the same slanting handwriting.

NanLia NanLia

Last edited:
Interactions - Demonhunter Demonhunter - Deimos, _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ - Rachel​

Constance glanced to Diemos. "Just a minute, hon." She raised a finger and offered a smile as she turned back to the newcomer and apparent representative of the Thieves Guild. She glanced at the envelopes presented to her. She shifted her stance and set yet armful of paperwork down onto her desk to take them. Opening the first she scanned over the letter, reading over the details. She didn't bother opening the second before handing them back to the woman. "I am sorry to hear about your loss, I know very well what it's like to lose friends."

Constance stepped back behind the reception desk, taking a business card from her top drawer she scrawled out her email address on the back of it. Satisfied, she set it on the counter facing the Thieves Guild representative. "You're more than welcome to write up a report and submit it to me, I'll add it to our records. While you may report to the Grand Master, we do not. The Avengers and its affiliates operate under the direction of the United Nations. By law, our files and documents are safeguarded from public access. They're encrypted to prevent any unlawful parties from removing or altering them."

She turned to step around her desk once more. "The public library has free to use computers, I recommend the one in the Bronx, on East 233rd street - they've got the comfiest chairs." Constance collected her files and documents, settling the pile on her hip. "Since you mentioned you're from the Thieves Guild I think I ought to warn you," She tilted her head and continued. "Friday, what is the current protection protocol for B an E on the tower?"

"The Iron Legion, Miss Reese." The Irish lit chimed back. "Though I know Miss Stark has been trying to implement Protocol 96834 dash B for some time now, would you like me to activate it as a secondary precaution?"

Constance smiled and nodded. "Yes, please do." She returned her focus to the visitor. "Cassie's been working on new thrusters: in this case the Iron Legion launches the infiltrator into the stratosphere, for good measure." She paused, letting the information settle before she continued. " Please let us know if you require any further assistance, the Avengers are always here to help."

Alvira suddenly appears catches the clansman's arm before it strikes Kyoto "Enough of this! Can you not see that he's trying to prove himself worthy of this blade for your own sake? For his family sake? Would it not be a different story if he were not of the same clan as you trying to obtain someone elses birthright? If this is how much fear has gripped you than you all deserve to fade into obscurity!" Alvira pushes the clansman out of the way and follows behind Kyoto. "I take it my advice added you none?" Alvira asks the down-trodden clan leader.

Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire
---------------------------
The three girls begins to her thumping coming towards them aswell as more screams and cars crashing coming over on the other street. "Too late for that. They're still on my tail. I hope your powers are useful!" The stranger lets go of Morgan and turns her attention elsewhere as giant figure, roughly 50 feet, squeezes through the side of the building and comes into view. The figure turns out to be a giant teenage girl with red skin and long, white hair wearing a one piece spandex suit. In her hands she has two other figures in her hand. One a teen girl wearing headphones, black and orange attire, and a pair of large sonic gauntlets. The other looks much yonger than the other two. Him being a boy wearing red armor of sort and four large robtic hand on his back. He seems to have a cybernetic arm as a prosthetic. The three look down at the stranger.

"Ah! You're not dead! Whew! That would've looked bad for us." Says the giant red girl.

"It would've been easier if she had been dead." remarks the young boy stalely.

"Besides, it already looks bad for us cause we trashed up several city blocks trying to get this chick."says the teen with the head phones.

The giant red girl sets the other two down on to the street and the two approach the stranger, paying now mind to Terri or Morgan. "We're done playing games with you, cur. Gave us what we want and we might still consider sparring you." The boy warns

The stranger gulps "I'm afraid....I'm going to have to say....'Noooo'..." She responds nervously

The boy shakes his head "Such a lack of forsight."

"She must not had a future awaiting for her." adds the girls with the headphones

"Or a family to go home to." adds the giant red girl

"For shame." the girl with the headphones shakes her head

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider D3lmoniko D3lmoniko

Rachel Remy LeBeau
(Gambit)
Location: Avengers Tower, feeling vaguely insulted and needing caffeine
Rachel took back the envelopes and placed them inside an inside coat pocket with the same smooth motion as before. "Thank you for your condolences" She said with sincerity. "he will be missed, but I suppose it comes with the job. Occupational hazard and all that." A look of sadness passed over her face, along with a mix of other emotions. This was clearly very personal to her.

Then the receptionist got serious with her, giving the whole" Don't try steal or edit any files from us and even if you do we are encrypted." Rachel sighed at that, she had heard it all before. She took the card and idly flicked it back and forth across her fingers.

"Look, the Thieves Guild may not be de most noble of groups or have de most morally straight aims. But de majority of us are good people at heart. A lot of is got taken in of the streets and owe our lives to the Guild. We're just doing what we can to survive, just like anyone else on dis planet. We don' wan' any fights with de Avengers, last time dat happened it was bad. A whole loada our guys got flung into some hell-hole facility, never to be seen again. And if I wanted to do some Avengers Tower B&E I certainly wouldn't be here alone, and I'd probably have got away with it too. I'm just here to do my job, I don' wan' any trouble. And I definitely don' can't to get launched into the stratosphere. That's gotta be against some form of ethical code." She ran a hand through her hair, suddenly realising how tired she was. She had been awake nearly twenty-seven hours now. She sighed and rubbed her temples.

"I didn't mean that to come out as ranty as it did. I've been awake for far too long an I'm runnin' on fumes. Is there anywhere around here that does really strong coffee? I think I need a cup or two or six."

NanLia NanLia

Last edited:
Murakumo
Kyo was actually glad Alvira showed up not sure what he would have done just now. “Nothing is working, I really have no idea what the Sword wants from me.” Kyo replies to Alvira’s question. Then it was like a bolt of lightning struck his soul as he overheard the words of the clansmen on the ground. It was like the sword wanted to listen to the disparing words of the warrior.

The clansman that had attacked Kyo now sat on the edge of the bridge in the grip of dispair rambling. “Lord Kenuichio..........they brought him back but he wasn’t the same....then that Witch came through....nowadays it’s like he’s not even in there anymore....we’re already fading.” He sniffled. The Yashida Honor Sword grew warmer as soon as the warrior was done speaking. Then Kyo began to feel his sword tug on his very soul. It cried and thrashed like a caged animal, it was howling out for something. The sword itself physically quivering in his hand, Kyoshirou Harada at this point in time was lost. Then he felt a similar feeling somewhere off in the distance as if something was responding to his sword.

The Yashida Honor Sword’s episode distracting Kyo to the point he didn’t notice the other two clansmen grab their depressed comrade and attempt to escape. Kyo looked off in the direction he felt the response from. “Alvira? Can you tap into whatever is going on here?” Kyo asked. Little did he know the very thing the Yashida Honor Sword was raging against is the very weapon that’s been running the Yashida, the Black Blade Muramasa.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Interactions - _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ - Rachel LeBeau, Demonhunter Demonhunter - Deimos
Mentions - Crono Crono - Connor Rogers
Constance raised a single eyebrow as the woman suggested she would have been able to counter the Avenger's Towers protocol, should she have the whim. She was almost tempted to coerce her into trying but thought better of it. She tapped a well manicured orange lacquered nail on her bottom lip as she considered. "Homer you 'round?" She asked, seemingly no one in particular. From behind the receptionist desk a light flickered on, after a moment of growing brighter and coming into focus a life sized hologram of a man appeared.

"Yes, Miss Reese?" He responding, his thick Slavic accent accentuating the vowels in her name.

"Could you find a decent coffee shop near by for our visitor? And then order them a room at a local hotel?" She paused, a slight frown crossing her features before she recalled the name from the documents she'd been handed. "Rachel LeBeau. Set up a meeting for her return tomorrow afternoon for a meeting with Connor." She turned her attention back to Rachel. "There, as I said, you are more than welcome to send me any documents you want to have added to our files, I'm happy to accommodate that request. Connor should be able to help with any further requests for access to our systems - that's just not something I can give ya."

Files back in her arms she turned to step away from the reception desk, headed towards the back of the Lobby for the elevators. "Com'on, Deimos. Let's get you settled upstairs."

Deimos watches this whole ordeal, a bit confused as to what he should be doing or saying. What was protocol B and E anyway? Something he should know? The dragon child was ten diffrent levels of confused, but at least he didn't have to hold his wings up. He was in the typical stance a dragon at rest had. There was a reason a dragon with their wings out looked regal and pompus to the untrained eye. It was because when relaxed the weight of the wings pulled their shoulders back into a 'prefect' posture. It was impossible for them to slouch unless they hauled their wings in for the sheer weight. Deimos was a pretty tall man, roughly 175 pounds. His outer pair of wings in order to get him in the air had to be at least triple his height from wingtip to wing tip and were so loaded down with muscle they almost doubled the weight. Dragons didn't fly in the same manner birds did by relying on being light, their wings relied on being strong enough to haul themselves off the ground and stay there. That being said, the weight of them definitely affected body language and how that interacted with humans was strange.

Deimos perks up as Constance calls him into the elevator. Oh! Thankyou. He steps in, wings folding back in to his back to save space. Elevators were never fun for someone with almost an 18 foot wingspan they had to keep pushed up against them. Although the lower, smaller pair did stay relaxed rather than constricting itself up and reached almost to the floor. Damn elevators were awkward. His wing unintentionally comes unclenched as the dragon's mind wonders and just brushes past the woman's shoulder which he quickly pulls it back in.

Sorry. The half-dragon chirps, hauling both sets of wings up again, muscles contracting in to fold them back up in the same manner in which he came in with them. So... Who is miss Rodgers. From earlier discussion he could infer this was probably someone he wouldn't want to upset, but he did just want to know who he was meeting.
NanLia NanLia

Connor Rogers
Tags: Braddington Braddington Safton Safton
Just as he was closing in on Rigel Connor saw movement to his side, he'd tensed and already started moving his features to diffuse whatever it was when he noticed it was Isaiah and let out a small relieved sigh followed by a small chuckle. Connor frowned but kept his attention on the other man while he spoke. This hadn't been the plan, Coulson wasn't meant to fall back to them. It had been a risky move for him to come back to where they were rather than remaining at the forward point in the facility. But he also trusted Isaiah's instincts so if he felt the need to fall back to the entrance with them then that was good enough for Connor. "That's not what I was hoping to hear." He paused in a moment of thought. From the sounds of it, the dam had more security than they'd assumed. "What do you think, if we got them far enough would Rigel and Cassie be able to slip through the thickest part to the pod on their own?" That wasn't ideal, and Connor wasn't sure if he'd even give that a go even if Isaiah thought so. Mostly it was try to gauge just how tight or dangerous it was down there.​

Rachel Remy LeBeau
(Gambit)
Constance clearly had some interest in seeing Rachel break into Avengers Tower, or maybe it was really in seeing Rachel try to break in and get flung into the stratosphere, which she had to admit would probably be hella fun before she fell back to earth. And would have a great view. Maybe they could throw her up there anyway for the thrill of it and she could parachute down? A sort of screwed up BASE jumping?

Rachel reached into an inside pocket and pulled out a small notebook bound in black leather. The book contained a sort of to-do list of he sits, thrills and thefts, including her ever elusive white whale. She wrote in the words "break into Avengers Tower and get away with it. N.B. don't get launched into the stratosphere. Bring oxygen tank, parachute, beans? acetylene torches?" on one page before flipoing to the next and writing "get launched into the stratosphere and attempt to do some form of BASE/parachute jump thing on the way down. Wear non flammable clothes, take oxygen mask and cannister. Try record on the way down?" Her writing was coded using a simple cypher, which could only be cracked with the right phrase of words and random letters.

She flicked the notebook away and watched as Constance called up a hologram named Homer and instructed him to find a coffee shop, a hotel room and arrange a meeting with somebody named Connor for tomorrow afternoon. All of those sounded good, especially in that order. "Can you please book de room under de name Rachel Tzenta instead? And if dey has it, a corner room on de first or second floor is preferable."

Constance turned towards Rachel and told her that this Connor person would be able to help her with the report and may be able to get her access to database files. That would definitely be useful. With a flick of her wrist a playing card appeared between her hands. She flicked it idly back and forth over her fingers as Deimos and Constance walked past her. The winged kids wing hit her shoulder, not that she felt much considering she was wearing her standard armour under the coat. "its grand kid, you didn't hit anything important."

She turned towards the hologram and waited, still flicking the card around her knuckles.

Interactions: NanLia NanLia Demonhunter Demonhunter

Sean Summers
aka Corsair
interactions: Archon Archon NanLia NanLia
Sean continued snapping as much images of the scene as he could, whilst Chief Garcia stood by on look out. Static came from the officer's walkie talkie. Sean's ears perked up at the sound, though Garcia revealed the message of the call himself. "They've radio'd in army officers to the scene. The meta case was out of your league, I guess. Some of the Avengers might be on their way. Sorry, kid." Sean's glare grew rougher against the combat camera, and he ushered Officer Garcia to take a look into the magnified camera while he stood up. "They're talking. I'm not the best lip-reader but seeing as their only viable escape is the manhole down the road, I think they're arguing about that. Juggernaut's getting flared up now, which isn't good. I'm going out there."

Just as Sean had got up, the Magneto-like mutant had seemingly lifted the Juggernaut, the prisoner, and himself up over the rooftops. "... Or they'll come right to me." Sean added, "Don't lose this Chief, and go crazy with the pictures." He'd given Garcia a warm smile, odd enough in the situation they'd found themselves in. Sean tossed the camera onto Garcia's lap, with a nod. "Don't leave this spot. Do not follow me."

With that, the young detective jogged into a full sprint, stretching his legs and arm out each time he leaped onto another building. The large kevlar N.Y.P.D. jacket wasn't doing much help for speed, and Sean saw no need to keep it. He discarded it early in the chase after the mutants, and with the advantage of surprise and almost olympic-level fitness, Sean caught up to the mutants in record time.

"Guys, guys, guys! I think you have something that doesn't belong to you." Sean yelled, though he'd made up so much distance he was in a hearing distance from Magneto and the Juggernaut. "There's a huge mess back there a lot of people aren't really happy about either." As he spoke, Sean aimed mostly to stall the mutants while his reinforcements arrived, and scanned for any signs of H.Y.D.R.A. affiliation on what they were wearing. Negative. Still, he tried to amass any and all clues he could see visually, while starting a "calm" conversation.

Last edited:
Location - Avengers Tower - Lobby
Interactions - H.O.M.E.R. with _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ - Rachel
The A.I.'s image flickered, its facial features turning from the passive non-expression to a bonafide frown. He nodded, regardless. "Of course, Rachel Tazenta. " Upon the desk top a confirmation printed for the hotel. "Shall I update your appointment reminder for tomorrow with the same name?" The hologram sassed in his Russian lit as a secondary slip printed, this being the confirmation of appointment - the name unchanged. He stared at the woman across the counter top. Two more slips printed, stacking on top of the rest. "Voucher for taxi and food." He gestured towards them. "Hotel room on second floor, but no corner rooms available. Come back tomorrow on time." he paused, the image surrounding his face flickering to that of a smile. "And come to the front door." He nodded.

Location - Avengers Tower - Elevator -> Training Level
Interactions - Constance with Demonhunter Demonhunter - Deimos
Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider - Octavia
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko - Ollie
Chak Chak - K.D.
Constance waited patiently for Deimos to settle himself - and his wings - before she pressed the call button. The door closed with a chime and she turned to look over the upper rim of her glasses as he questioned who she'd mentioned earlier. "You came all the way 'ere and you don't know who Miss Rogers is?" She rolled her eyes dramatically, a smirk crossing her features. "She just the current leader of the Avengers, is all." She shrugged, as though it meant nothing. "An' the woman who's goin' to defend yeah if trouble comes from the folks that chased you here." She inhaled deeply before exhaling slowly. "Miss Rogers works by the books - she doesn't like a grey area and she will not put up with lies." She continued, waiting for the lift to take them to her requested floor. "Anyway, nothing really goes without her approval. Mr. Rogers, her brother not husband - don't make that mistake - takes care of the recruits and training. Miss Stark handles the gear and tech side of things and Miss Rogers handles the business, the government, the books and basically everything else."

Once more the elevator chimed, doors opening to a large room, several various sets of equipment around. [Training Floor] the robotic voice tuned as she stepped off the floor. "Not quite where I was bringing you yet, but I'm running a little late with these letters." She nodded for Deimos to follow her. Within the training room were several applicants, awaiting results. "Hey guys, sorry about the long wait." She called, striding across the rubberized floors the best she could in her heels. "Things get a little hectic around her when ever department head is off on a mission." She stopped before them. "I had to wait for a few background documents to come back before I could process these. I just want to let you know that you've all done spectacularly. We really appreciate the time and effort you all put in with us. These letters will let you know if we want to bring you further onto the team of if it's a no go for now."

From her stack of paper work in her arms she selected a long manila envelope and handed it to each of the applicants. Each envelope was sealed, their names printed on the front. "If you aren't accepted, don't take it too harshly. Some times people aren't just ready to be and Avenger. That doesn't mean we won't call you back in a few months or years and ask you to come and try again." She always hated turning away people. "Homer is downstairs if you need anything on your way out. Or Friday is always buzzing around the building if you have any more questions. Alright?"

For those that want to have their application as a pass:
~Key card to the building - temporary use until their voice, retina and fingerprints are logged into the security system - waiting on Cassie's return.
~Instructions on where to bring their personal vehicles (underground parking), personalized code for entry and their assigned spot(s)
~Room assignments
~Booklet of Code of Conduct - expectations on how 'Avengers' should behave in public

For those that had failed
~Hand written letter explaining why from Lucy (your choice as to why they didn't pass)
~Vouchers for airfare/transit/travel to get them home again (if they had left home to apply)
~Vouchers for hotel and food.
~Business card to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters (one side has the name, the other an address.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back