• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Poison, Salt, Void, shadows,

Long ago, the four nations lived together in a somewhat shakey alliance. Then, everything changed when the Salt Nation got all edgy. Only the Avatar, master of all four powers could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he ducked out. A damn long time passed and the homies and I found some new Avatar, a Voidbender named Bang. And although his Voidbending skills are lit, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I reckon, Bang can dab on the world.

It's avatar but I've replaced the elements for a lol and will probably aim to make it a dark comedy/parody.
Poison = water.
Salt = earth
Void = fire
Shadows = air

Poisonbenders excrete toxins that they use as A base to dilute water to bend.
Saltbenders literally draw the Salt from the ground/ocean/own supply to salt the wounds.
Voidbenders conjure energy that flows like smoke for physical attacks.
Shadowbenders are the nara clan.

Salt nation is the baddies, as there is more salt then anything in the world.
Like the story I'm plagerising, the plot of this would be similar but changed further then the names of the elements.
It's still a team of people travelling about to teach the avatar all the powers to stop a nation being led by evil tossers.
Avatar does not need to be named Bang, sound off if this is your jam or you would like to take this idea and run with it yourself.

The part where the Salt nation gets edgy is what draws people in. But the book of void arc focuses a lot on the Prince of salt living as a refugee and his aged assistant who happens to fulfil his dream of opening a bakery. Provides a lot of character growth and empathy for the perceived villains

Suppose I'll go further.

The Salt nation got real edgy over a number of things but that all reached a tipping point of edge when the void nation was found out to be the homeland of the newest avatar.
It was at this time the Salt's military focused on armor that could wound you if you bump into it, and new technologies utilising salt to create machines of war and cruel weapons. The first to taste the salty edge was the Void nation...
The entire void population was reduced to tatters, killed by the invading salt armies or enslaved. Very few escaped into hiding, one of those few was Bang the avatar. To escape a barrage of salty blades Bang unknowingly entered the avatar state and fell into the Void. After sleeping for one hundred years Bang emerged out of the Void in the swampland of the venom tribe. It was here bang was discovered as the last Voidbender and pressured into forcing the Salt nation to pack up all their shit and start selling it off somewhere else.

The other nations are sick of it and want balance, will Bang be able to learn the other powers and tell the Saltlord to fuck off? Find out next time on avatar cone g

I myself am a fan of ATLA and usually get pretty mad when someone mocks it, but honestly reading through the story had me laughing my ass off.

If this thing gets off the ground count me in.

Suppose I go even further...

Bang the avatar had a uphill battle in regards to learning the power of poison. Participating in the tribes coming of age trial with other kids old enough, meant to drink a certain purple liquid and to go on a over hyped but still super dangerous fetch quest. When finally able to complete the trial Bang was able to secrete toxins like all other poison-benders.

When the avatar and company began to travel outside the swamps they soon catch wind of Saltlord Mozu's plan to occupy the swamplands to harvest the resources and establish a new Salty outpost in which to launch skirmishes across the poison nation.

Needless to say, the venom tribes trial and the friends Bang meets along the way will add a sour taste to the Salt's overall plans.

Last edited:
Suppose I skip to the end...

The next avatar is a Mary sue who changes the entire world,
makes up new lore and advances the plot to be powerangers in the form of big robots and becoming spirit energy giants.

Me and my brother Nokka were traveling the South salt fields
Just wanna say it'll be contrived if we start off with salt benders on the team but it surely works aha

It was while traveling the salt fields trying to escape the war, a squad of salt soldiers spotted us refugees so we fled toward the venomous swamps in hope of shaking the salty squad hunting us.
luckily a Voidbender and a team of poison slingers were able to defeat and chase the attackers. It was here I found out Bang the avatar was alive, he can bring balance if he learns to harness all the powers!

Don't know if I'll be able to find the time, but if I can, I'd be up for this. I'm thinking of making a Katara counterpart for my character, either playing up her hot temper and vindictiveness, or making her more like her Ember Island Players version. Or perhaps both at once!

I myself am a fan of ATLA and usually get pretty mad when someone mocks it, but honestly reading through the story had me laughing my ass off.

If this thing gets off the ground count me in.
Me and my brother Nokka were traveling the South salt fields
Don't know if I'll be able to find the time, but if I can, I'd be up for this. I'm thinking of making a Katara counterpart for my character, either playing up her hot temper and vindictiveness, or making her more like her Ember Island Players version. Or perhaps both at once!
Is... is this enough? Could we make this happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back